SV OU THE SKI SQUAD

Following Archaludon’s ban, I wanted to experiment with some older Pokemon that benefit from rain, and I think I’ve made a pretty good team. I peaked around 1500 with this team. (Proof of peak)
IMG_6532.jpeg

Gucci Mane (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Secret Sword
- Tera Blast
- Hydro Pump

The first Pokémon and core of this team is Keldeo. While some people say that it’s out classed by Walking Wake, there are certain things that are very important that Walking Wake doesn’t have the ability to do. Even though Walking Wake is faster by one speed point, Keldeo’s special attack is 4 points higher. It also helps that Keldeo is a great answer to Kingambit since it resists both stabs, while walking wake cannot take sucker punches. Keldeo also 3 shots heavy duty boots clodsire with secret sword, and has a chance to 3 shot leftovers/black sludge clod. Keldeo’s hydro pump is a guaranteed OHKO under sun vs Torkoal, which is massive in beating Sun teams. Keldeo can also spam focus blast which is anothe advantage over Walking Wake, since Draco Meteor’s stat drops make it much harder to play around. Secret Sword also makes it lest vulnerable to special walls. Tera Ground is a counter for Raging Bolt, as it will always OHKO unboosted Raging Bolt. It also allows it 2 shot toxapex and clodsire, two Pokémon that would otherwise wall it. Focus Blast also murders any Ogrepon trying to get a free switch with a clean OHKO.

LuhBird (Pelipper) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Surf

Pelipper doesn’t need much of a description, it’s the rain setter for this team. It’s U-turns which are usually slower than other Pokémon allow it to get in your threats for free, while also being able to do some damage with Hurricane/Surf if necessary.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Flying
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

Tornadus-Therian was another Pokémon I wanted to experiment with and ended up being really fun and good for this team. It can beat Rillaboom, a threat to this team while also having regenerator which prevents it from being worn down. Not to mention that its base speed is naturally fast, meaning it can clean up relatively well in the late game if need be. If you can afford to use Tera Flying with it, it’s an absolute nuke and destroys everything with hurricane. You could also run it with choice specs, which was also pretty good but I preferred to be able to switch my moves and not have too many choice items. You could also sub focus blast for U-Turn if you want to, but focus blast is good for the rare sand team and any steels or ice types that would try to switch in on you. Weather ball is self explanatory and gives it good coverage for fires grounds and rocks.

Certified Thug (Raging Bolt) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 64 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder

Raging Bolt is a great Pokémon for rain, being able to play around itself and also being able to spam 100% accurate thunder in rain. You could swap something out for weather ball, I just preferred not to. Raging Bolt is also a great counter to other rain teams, and can beat certain threats the other Pokémon on the team may struggle with like Rillaboom, Dondozo, Opposing rain, checks primarina, and Alomomola. It also has enough speed investment so that it is always faster than Kingambit.

Fish. (Barraskewda) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet

Barraskewda is relatively obvious, as it’s a lock to be on almost every rain team. Though it can do things throughout the game, I preferred using it as a late game pokemon that could finish off everything instead of an early game threat like some people do. Barraskewda can force KO’s with band on a lot of switches, but it can struggle a decent amount with walking wake clodsire and Alomomola.

Wall-E (Iron Treads) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Steel Beam

The last Pokémon on this team is Iron Treads. I considered running hatterene for anti hazards or scarf kyurem for a walking wake check, but ended up settling on Kyurem. I don’t struggle a lot with walking wake since a decent amount of my attackers hit it relatively hard, and Iron Treads gives me a spinner that can also set up rocks and steel beam as a suicide lead if I wont need it for later. Iron Treads is also great vs Raging Bolt, which is a Pokémon that could be a big threat to this team.

I’ve been winning more games ever since I started with this team, but any sort of tips would be great.

https://pokepast.es/3c67721615a420cd

Last edited by a moderator:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
I feel like Thundurus-T instead of Tornadus-T would work well for your team. It has Nasty Plot and can freely Spam Thunder+Hurricane+Weather Ball with Tera Flying. It also has a Higher SpA, meaning that in rain it hits harder than Tornadus-T.

I feel like Thundurus-T instead of Tornadus-T would work well for your team. It has Nasty Plot and can freely Spam Thunder+Hurricane+Weather Ball with Tera Flying. It also has a Higher SpA, meaning that in rain it hits harder than Tornadus-T.
thundurus-t doesn’t learn hurricane unfortunately

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
I really think you should have vacuum wave over focus blast as you can use a good fighting priority and can help check gambit or force a Tera from them and since you already have focus blast on torn-T I feel you can afford to drop it on Keldeo.

Maybe run another physical attacker like iron val, kingambit (since it loves taking half from fire moves) even dragonite would fit better as it gives your team a +2 priority and can run the standard 252+ attack 252 speed, dragon dance, e speed, EQ, roost/encore/ice spinner etc. it just feels like your team gets hard walled by stall. Kingambit can help in that slot with

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Hits extremely hard and can revenge easily and be your extra wincon and in general at +2 Tera dark will ohko a lot of resist and even +4 fallen five has a 94% to ohko utility tusk.

Iron Val can also help with a mix set or full on SD set as well, but for mix you can try finch’s set

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Encore

Can knock items off and like gking or gholdengo and have your opponent guess what your last move is.

Another set can be for SD

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Encore/spirit break/ destiny bond

you can try waterpon as a physical sweeper since you can take advantage of the rain

Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Swords Dance
- Trailblaze/horn leech/ power whip
- Play Rough

Very standard set, but can potentially sweep or force them to guess as well if they have a walking wake since you have water absorb. This can help deal with the same stuff while also being a sweeper too.

Lastly for iron treads you should run volt switch to keep the pivots going instead of steel,beam and koing yourself. Another option I’ve seen on rain was volt absorb pawmot vs raging bolt can help if you want a revival blessing with Mach punch, cc, and whatever filler move after.

Anyways great team and good luck laddering!

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
edited out the tornadus nickname for lewd implications, please be considerate about who uses the site. if theres an issue feel free to dm me or other RMT moderators.

going to keep the RMT open since it otherwise follows the requirements and theres rates already but would appreciate one extra line of description on the peli (change the tera and just explain why might be a easy way to do this)

thanks and have a good day!

edited out the tornadus nickname for lewd implications, please be considerate about who uses the site. if theres an issue feel free to dm me or other RMT moderators.

going to keep the RMT open since it otherwise follows the requirements and theres rates already but would appreciate one extra line of description on the peli (change the tera and just explain why might be a easy way to do this)

thanks and have a good day!
my bad

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi! Ur team id good but ig making certain changes will be useful for ur team
1. Use max speed Booster :raging bolt:
Firstly u must change the Raging Bolt set. The raging bolt is meant to be a set up sweeper so u don't need Thunder. If u rely on Thunder then u can't sweep ur oppo if ur rain ends. Try using max speed Weather ball to hit Pokemon like Landorus-therian :landorus-therian:, Iron Treads :iron treads:, Heatran :Heatran:, Clodsire :Clodsire: and Great Tusk :great tusk:. Thus, try using Max speed + Weather ball in place of thunder. Thunder can't hit the top pokemons of the tier. Also, change leftovers into Booster energy. Here's the set
:sv/raging bolt: :booster energy:
Raging Bolt @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Weather Ball
- Calm Mind
2. Use :ogerpon-wellspring: --> :keldeo:
Since it's a rain team, u can try using Ogerpon-wellspring :ogerpon-wellspring: since it's a fast attacker and also provides water absorb to beat other rain teams. It is also a strong attacker with a better secondary coverage i.e., grass which hits threads like Primarina :primarina: and it can also set up with Swords Dance and sweep back with trailblaze of other moves. It also helps a lot vs the defensive walls like Dondozo :dondozo: which is a problem although u can cover it with Raging bolt :raging bolt:. Here's the set
:sv/ogerpon-wellspring: :wellspring mask:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Overall the team is very good and I like rain teams a lot as always. Good luck laddering. If u have any doubt then u can ask me and feel free to tag me if I made any mistake in explaining or u didn't understand anything. Thank you!
:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)