Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about the tourney, how would we figure out the teams? Obviously they should be Scrambled in some way, but I don't know if Dexington's idea of all random battles is best. I don't think you can change that to different tiers, but I may have an idea that could work.

The best way to describe it is by example. Assuming we did Ubers (I hope so!) we could split them into 6 groups based on usage. 1-5th most used are group 1, 6-10th most used are group 2, etc. and each player randomly gets one Pokemon from each group. Everyone gets 15-30 minutes to make a team, then the tourney starts.

Any comments, suggestions, or a better idea would be appreciated :)

EDIT: To clarify, 30 is just an example. For a less centralized tier like OU, a larger number can be used, as long as its divisible by 6.

TLK bring male Glameow named Hobbes. It may not evolve until it wins 4 different contests, at least one of which must not be the most basic Rank (but you don't have to go all the way to Hyper either). when it does evolve you must replace all of the moves it had in its final Contest and change his name to Chaucer
He's playing Platinum and he can't trade anything over, so he can't use Glameow.
my bad. Change Glameow to Luxio (not Shinx, catch as a Luxio) and otherwise Keep the same conditions. Since Luxray is still rather Tiger-esque you need not change the name upon evolution. Luxio must have Rivalry and Not Intimidate.

Also, clarification, the moves, once replaced may not be retrieved.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy getting ready for school and saying more goodbyes to friends.

Fantina herself wasn't a pain in the ass, but one of her trainers were. One trainer had a misdreavus carrying psybeam, pain split, and some other moves. I had my bibarel out tanking against those ghost guys until misdreavus. Kept on pain splitting until he was in the red. Switched to Monferno, and he promptly got psybeamed. He didn't faint, but it was a close call.

So the battle against Fantina was essentially akin to a stall battle. I took out dusclops relatively easily with Pachirisu. THen with Haunter, I switched to bibarel to take the incoming ghost attack. I was promptly put to sleep with hypnosis. He continually used sucker punch and confuse ray, so I was forced to defense curl up, while he kept failing his sucker punches. He kept on putting me to sleep with hypnosis and had me attack myself with confuse ray. In the end, I just spammed defense curl, waited for hypnosis to run out of PP, and then finished it off. Then Misdreavus came along, and bibarel fainted (goddamn magical leaf). Pachirisu came in, and had a lucky paralysis, and took her down.

Now I'm just grinding, and trying to find the Houndour and Wingull to continue my challenge.

tlk use a buneary
must solo one of rival's pokemon
it may not know return
Any explicit mention of where the Rival is? Must Buneary solo said poke to evolve? Since TLK is starting with Piplup, the Rival will use Turtwig, Starly, Ponyta and Buizel lines as well as Heracross and Snorlax. Since wild Buneary can be found in Eterna Forest, that rules out Route 203. However, I am not giving any recommendations.

Piplup (Penguno) - after beating Roark it can only know either special or physical moves, not both.
Buneary - must solo one of Rival's Pokemon to evolve.
Chatot - may only learn level up moves.
Luxio (Hobbes) - must have Rivalry not intimidate. May evolve after winning 4 contests (one must be higher than basic) and must forget the four moves it had prior to evolving.
Duskull - may evolve into Dusclops after taking 3 of Saturn's Pokemon's abilities using Skill Swap. May not evolve into Dusknoir.
Eevee - may evolve into any but have no STAB move over base 40. Must start every battle against the Elite Four

beat gardenia
piplup pecked cherubi to death and crited turtwig with about +4 defense
against roserade i tried to use Jet(buizel) just to get rid of his requirement if i was lucky enough but i had to take it out with impractical(bibarel)

Team after galactic building
prinplup
level 22
brave
torrent
pound
growl
bubble
peck

impractical(bibarel)
level 24
relaxed
simple
headbutt
growl
water gun
hyper fang

Buizel(jet)
level 23
modest
swift swim
growl
water sport
swift
water gun
Buizel is going to a special attacker

abra
level 24
jolly
inner focus
teleport

Blowhard (Skarmory) Spikes/Stealth Rock, Roar/Whirlwind
Frenchie (Krabby) NO stab move, must solo trainer with Guillotine to evolve, must know protect
Balboa (Ledyba) In order to evolve it must survive a damage-dealing Rock-type attack 3 separate times from a Pokemon who is either
a) Level 10 or above, or
b) (Ledyba's level at the time - 5) or above,
whichever requirement is higher. (So, if Ledyba is Lv. 12, the opponent must be >=10. If Ledyba is Lv. 18, the opponent must be >=13, etc.) In addition, Ledyba must kill any 3 Gym Leader's Pokemon, not counting Bugsy's Metapod or Kakuna.

MoneyMaker (Meowth) Pay Day, only use the money from Pay Day for his TMs
Eevee (Eevee) May not evolve.
Bellossom, must evolve from Gloom, no Oddish, no STAB, only damaging attacks

I guess I'll do a Scramble Challenge on Pokémon Sapphire. My restrictions:
  • No trading
  • Starter must one of the 6 Pokemon
  • All Pokemon must be able to fully evolve
  • No absurd evolution requirements
  • Pokemon must be fairly easy to initially obtain
  • Only 2 move specifications per Pokemon
  • No legendaries
  • Nicknames must be related to the Pokemon and not offensive

Mew2468, capture the first Magikarp you find. Name it Flappy. Once you obtain Hidden Power, you must teach it to him. To evolve into Gyarados, it must solo one pokemon in a gym with only Hidden Power.

I guess I'll do a Scramble Challenge on Pokémon Sapphire. My restrictions:
  • No trading
  • Starter must one of the 6 Pokemon
  • All Pokemon must be able to fully evolve
  • No absurd evolution requirements
  • Pokemon must be fairly easy to initially obtain
  • Only 2 move specifications per Pokemon
  • No legendaries
  • Nicknames must be related to the Pokemon and not offensive
Seriously? Do you want to tell us what pokemon we should give you? This should be the "Scramble" with more restrictions...
I'll give you your starter. Accept it if you want. If you don't understand it, reject it please as I'll make it my signature challenge.

You must choose Treecko and name it Naruto. He must learn ASAP Kagebunshin no Jutsu, I mean Double Team (Mauville Game Corner). Against the stronger opponents (last Gym Leader, Last E4 and Champion), Naruto should use Tajuu Kagebunshin no Jutsu aka upping its evasion till +6 WITHOUT healing items.

Mew2468, capture the first Magikarp you find. Name it Flappy. Once you obtain Hidden Power, you must teach it to him. To evolve into Gyarados, it must solo one pokemon in a gym with only Hidden Power.
Are you kidding me? You cannot learn Hidden Power as a Magikarp.

Numel named Volcano. You must meet this Numel before you reach Fallarbor Town, and it must learn Overheat from the TM that Flannery gives you, and keep Overheat as a Camerupt. It must also keep Eruption, (Camerupt learns at 45 according to Serebii) and use only Eruption and/or Overheat against Glacia, or it cannot be used against Steven.

Get yourself an Aron named "Rawr!". It must learn Roar by level up and always keep this move. In order to evolve into Lairon, it must successfully Roar away five Trainer Pokémon that are Fighting or Ground type. In order to evolve into Aggron, it must do the same, but against a total of twenty Fighting or Ground Trainer Pokémon (including the five needed for Lairon).

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Take a Spoink, name it Grumpy, and it can only evolve then it has 3 ribbons in one contest category, or you have beaten all 8 gyms.

Good Luck mew2468!

Are you kidding me? You cannot learn Hidden Power as a Magikarp.
Ah, forgot that Magikarp couldn't learn TMs.

@Mew2468: Instead of teaching Hidden Power to Magikarp, you must teach it to Gyarados as soon as possible. In order to use any move other than Hidden Power, the Gyarados must solo a gym trainer's pokemon. this must be done for every possible gym, as well as the Elite Four, or else you cannot use a move other than Hidden Power until the next gym (Where you'll get another chance to fulfill the requirement).

Thanks for the suggestions. Team so far:

Naruto
| Flappy
| Volcano
| Rawr!
| Grumpy

In most Scramble Challenges, do people use HM slaves in addition to the Pokemon given or are you generally only allowed to catch the Pokemon given?

Seriously? Do you want to tell us what pokemon we should give you? This should be the "Scramble" with more restrictions...
I chose a lot of restrictions as this is my first Scramble - easing myself into the concept.

Mew2468, take an Electrike named 'Zero'. Each time Electrike faints, you must WALK to the Name Rater's house (no flying) and rename it the next number (ie, the first time it faints, name it 'One', then 'Two', etc.). If you choose to evolve it it may never have a STAB attack stronger than Spark.

(If that doesn't work for your nickname requirements, I'd really rather you just reject it so I can give it to somebody else. I'd like to see what the number ends up being.)

Mew2468, take an Electrike named 'Zero'. Each time Electrike faints, you must WALK to the Name Rater's house (no flying) and rename it the next number (ie, the first time it faints, name it 'One', then 'Two', etc.). If you choose to evolve it it may never have a STAB attack stronger than Spark.

(If that doesn't work for your nickname requirements, I'd really rather you just reject it so I can give it to somebody else. I'd like to see what the number ends up being.)
I'll slightly modify the Pokemon so you can give that challenge to someone else. I'll name him Sparky and keep the Spark requirement. All 6 Pokemon chosen; I'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)