Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Texas Cloverleaf, in that case your starter is a male Psyduck. Pick the water starter, but you must catch a Psyduck as early as possible (before the first Gym if possible) and not use the Starter Pokemon at all after that (unless someone else gives you a different starter, then disregard my usage restrictions). It may not evolve to Golduck until you fight Giratina. He must be your highest leveled Pokemon at all times.
Take a slakoth named Prediction. It can evolve into vigoroth whenever you like after it has sucker punch and focus punch. It also must know both sucker punch and focus punch to evolve. As a slaking it may not use any moves besides sucker punch and focus punch. It can have other moves, but may not use them in battle (hint: teach it hms). It must solo at least one member of each e4/champion team.
Also, I'll give you something better for Platinum. Take a Gligar named Glion, it cannot learn any STAB moves. No need to hatch an egg, just catch a wild one.
Are there any restrictions on Gliscor evolution?

Mr. Cloverleaf. Take the first Togepi you get. It must always have Frustration and Metronome. To get Togetic, solo two Pokemon belonging to Gym Leaders with Metronome. To evolve into Togekiss, solo three more Gym Leader Pokemon with Metronome.
Togekiss may not learn Heart Scale moves.
Anyway,@TexasClover: Bring a Weezing. It must get at least one member of each gym leader to -6 Accuracy. It may not evolve until it solos Cyrus in distortion world. Name it D.Lolcat
Team is set as Golduck, Gliscor, Weezing, Mr. Mime, Slaking, Togekiss.

Sorry Smith, in my OP I believe I stated no bugs for the team.

@majinnecro: You get a Solrock that must always know Solarbeam. It must solo Liza and Tate with Lotad and must use Solarbeam against one of their members.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Majinnecro:
Take a swablu, name it BluSwab. It must solo Winona's Altaria to evolve. Once it evolves, it may not learn Dragon Dance.

yullo :) i'm looking for a challenge for pokémon sapphire, no trades or action replay card. i haven't played sapphire in ages and this was recommended, so am giving it a try :)

Team:
Vulpix - must solo one of May's Pokemon in Lilycove, one Pokemon belonging to Archie, and one Pokemon belonging to Liza+Tate to evolve. sounds interesting :)

Seviper - Depending on which attacking stat is higher, you must have a moveset complete with that type of attack.(Ex, all special or all physical attacks). If they are within 3 points of eachother, you may have a mixed set. No non-attacking moves.

Nincada - You must be sure to have an extra slot so that you get a Shedinja, and then immediately discard the Ninjask. You cannot cancel the evolution. You must have a Shedinja before the second gym. It must be killed by every type it is weak to, must be the first Pokemon sent out against Flannery or Winona, and kill 20 trainer Pokemon independently before it learns any TMs. Name it Killer.

Zigzagoon - named DavidBowie. It must have the Pickup ability, and may only evolve into Linoone by gathering at least ten items through Pickup. Also, in battle, it may only use Normal type moves (but may learn other moves, so you could teach it Surf if you wanted to use that outside of battle).

Treecko - named Stinger. It must be the highest level Pokemon in your party. It must evolve at levels 16 and 36, and cannot learn TM moves (HM moves are allowed). It must always learn a new level-up move whenever given the chance.

Magnemite - named Bipolar. Its ability must be Magnet Pull. In order to evolve, you must do two of the following: 1) solo 3 of Winona's Pokemon with it, 2) beat 3 Trick Master challenges using only it, 3) clear New Mauville with it at the front of your party and KO every Voltorb you talk to (you must talk to all of them), or 4) level it up 5 times using only Rare Candies.

that's it :D thanks everyone, am gonna enjoy this... ^^

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Get the freshman! You want a Sapphire challenge, I'll GIVE you a Sapphire challenge!

Take a Vulpix. It must solo one of May's Pokemon in Lilycove, one Pokemon belonging to Archie, and one Pokemon belonging to Liza+Tate to evolve.

@Angel, I'll give you a Seviper. Depending on which attacking stat is higher, you must have a moveset complete with that type of attack. (Ex, all special or all physical attacks). If they are within 3 points of eachother, you may have a mixed set. No non-attacking moves.

Angel, I'll give you the challenge I mistakenly gave texas cloverleaf, take a Nincada. You must be sure to have an extra slot so that you get a Shedinja, and then immediately discard the Ninjask. You cannot cancel the evolution. You must have a Shedinja before the second gym. It must be killed by every type it is weak to, must be the first Pokemon sent out against Flannery or Winona, and kill 20 trainer Pokemon independently before it learns any TMs. Name it Killer.

I'll give you a Zigzagoon named DavidBowie. It must have the Pickup ability, and may only evolve into Linoone by gathering at least ten items through Pickup. Also, in battle, it may only use Normal type moves (but may learn other moves, so you could teach it Surf if you wanted to use that outside of battle).

Update on my challenge:

1) Snorlax the Feraligatr, lvl 30. Haven't caught it any TMs, but it's been my absolute powerhouse through the challenge. Just evolved it, I'm still thinking about which TM to teach it. Suggestions are welcome.
Moveset: Ice Fang, Water Gun, Agility, Crunch

2) Toothache the Raticate, lvl 25. My lead, was able to get it to solo Morty's Gastly by way of Pursuit spamming XD. Not much else, it's been pretty okay.
Moveset: U-Turn, Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Cut

3) Gasoso the Gastly, lvl 10. Just caught this, so I haven't been able to fulfill the rules of the challenge (no non-damaging moves, or moves that are SE on ghosts) quite yet.
Moveset: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Mean Look

Notes: Can someone tell me where to get a stupid Smeargle? Haven't been able to get one. I've just gotten to Olivine right now, so I'm also missing my Staryu and Tangela. But those will come.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Angel_Raen, your starter is a Treecko named Stinger. It must be the highest level Pokemon in your party. It must evolve at levels 16 and 36, and cannot learn TM moves (HM moves are allowed). It must always learn a new level-up move whenever given the chance.

@Angel: I bequeath to you a Magnemite named Bipolar. Its ability must be Magnet Pull. In order to evolve, you must do two of the following: 1) solo 3 of Winona's Pokemon with it, 2) beat 3 Trick Master challenges using only it, 3) clear New Mauville with it at the front of your party and KO every Voltorb you talk to (you must talk to all of them), or 4) level it up 5 times using only Rare Candies.

For Smeargle, go through that cave south of connecting Azalea and Violet. You need surf, btw. Go through the northern most stairs in that cave, then surf across the water til you come across an exit. Smeargle can be found in the grass outside of this exit, along with Natu if you want one.

Awesome, just soloed Misty using Suicide the Paras. I'd taught it Bullet Seed (literally the only damaging Grass move Paras could learn at this point; it was either that or grind until Giga Drain at level 43) which helped a lot. Now I can evolve her once she's learnt Spore! :3

Current team:

Lv18 Naive Charmander (Darigaaz), Scratch/Growl/Ember/Metal Claw (yet to reach Lt. Surge)
Lv14 Mild Pikachu, Thundershock/Quick Attack/Tail Whip/Thunder Wave (will need to lose QA and Tail Whip before evolving)
Lv10 Careful Spearow, Peck/Growl/Leer
Lv18 Gentle Paras (Suicide), Scratch/Stun Spore/PoisonPowder/Bullet Seed (has soloed Misty)

Next up is my rival battle, should be fun. Then I get to go see Bill despite apparantly not caring about his Pokémon and therefore having no reason to go see him!

Scramble Awards II

After almost 50 pages and one month and a half later (wow, we're growing really fast!!!) the Scramble Awards return! We've had lots of challenges and I must say that the Challenges are now much harder, much more creative and especially much more fun!

(Ok my intention was to make this the first post of page 95 but I can't be here any longer so I'll post the categories now.)

And there they are, followed by their defending champions:

1) Best Scramble Challenger - Mattman324

2) Most Impossible Challenge (and its creator) (the pokemon and restrictions you consider the hardest challenge ) - Treadshot A1

3) Toughest Scramble Team (and who received it) (doesn't have to contain the Most Impossible Challenge) - New Category

4) Lamest Challenge (don't forget the creator) (yeah, the best Award... xD Now seriously, it's that challenge that is so easy that it's not funny) - zdrup15

5) Most Creative Challenge (it's the last time: creator) (that pokemon that came with the funniest and most original restrictions ever!) - New Category

Side Note: I eliminated categories that weren't voted on the first edition and didn't pick the Solo Scramble Challenge as an Award because we didn't see many on this thread although I also think Paradox808 should receive some sort of Honourable Mention.

Just remember, you can only vote on challenges given after page 50 and DON'T VOTE ON YOURSELF. Oh, and when you send the PM with your votes make sure you're being clear (write the number of the Award followed by your vote) and kind (tell me the page where it was given).

Now, enough reading! The Scramble Awards II voting period is now ON!!!

Thanks for your time and votes.

For most creative challenge, I nominate Texas Cloverleaf's for my Emerald Scramble, his Solrock with Solarbeam thing along with a Sunny Day-ing Lotad.

Question: Are we allowed to catch Pokemon and then just dump them in the box immediately without using them? I ask this because I wonder if I can catch the thirty or whatever necessary for the Exp. Share.

For most creative challenge, I nominate Texas Cloverleaf's for my Emerald Scramble, his Solrock with Solarbeam thing along with a Sunny Day-ing Lotad.

Question: Are we allowed to catch Pokemon and then just dump them in the box immediately without using them? I ask this because I wonder if I can catch the thirty or whatever necessary for the Exp. Share.
You can catch whatever you want, but you can only use the the pokemon that are given to you for battles. You can catch other stuff for the prof aide items and hm slaves.

Coolio thanx :D

LeafGreen Update:

Just beat Misty, now grinding a bit before St. Anne/Surge:

Lady Gaga with Wigglytuff L. 25 F
-Sing
-Defense Curl
-Pound
-Mega Kick

Kraken the Magikarp L. 19 M
-Splash
-Tackle
-
-

Medium the Drowzee L. 17 M
-Headbutt
-Disable
-Hypnosis
-Confusion

Paycheck the Meowth L. 10 (to be used as HM slave for Cut, currently lowest-leveled member of party to keep Drowzee part of challenge)
-Scratch
-Growl
-Bite
-

Finding a STAB'd Mega Kick from Lady Gaga to easily kill nearly anything in one shot, except Magnemites and Magnetons. Many trips to Pokemon Centers to restore PP however lol. Kraken will evolve at Level 30 when it learns Flail, Medium learned Headbutt as part of learning every level-up move except one. Current plan is to get to Celadon ASAP to get Gaga some Blizzard, Thunder and Fire Blast coolness, then jet to Fuschia to grab a Rhyhorn from the Safari Zone. After getting Surf and Fly, will fetch Magnemite from the Power Plant. After grinding with Magnemite for a probably long time, will defeat Dojo Master (and subsequently get Hitmonchan) and Sabrina to allow him to evolve (likely will have Zap Cannon or Thunder by then).

Can I have a scramble challenge for HG please? I can't trade and no nicknames please (they are my pet hate). Thanks!

khz, take a Tentacool. It may not learn any HMs and must land the killing hit on two Gym Leader Pokemon in order to evolve. In addition, it must land the killing hit on exactly one Pokemon from each Elite Four member.

Take a Hoppip. It may only use/learn offensive moves (only Physical and Special moves, no Support moves). In order to evolve into Skiploom, it must solo Whitney's Miltank. In order to evolve into Jumpluff, it must solo Jasmine's Steelix.

Take a spinarak named Spiderman (well, don't name it this, but think about it whenever it battles). It must learn Spider web, sucker punch, baton pass and another move of your choice. It must sucker punch 15 dark types successfully, wrap them up in it's web, and then pass the baddies on to the proper authorities using baton pass, in that order. After completeing the punching, trapping and passing the 15th dark type, you must hum the ORIGINAL spiderman theme song. I'm not kidding about that last condition.

Edit: I forgot that baton pass was an egg move, and I don't think you can find any of the parents needed for baton pass in the wild in hg. If that is the case, trade one in bred with bp, if you can't trade in, then ignore the bp condition.

Take a spinarak named Spiderman (well, don't name it this, but think about it whenever it battles). It must learn Spider web, sucker punch, baton pass and another move of your choice. It must sucker punch 15 dark types successfully, wrap them up in it's web, and then pass the baddies on to the proper authorities using baton pass, in that order. After completeing the punching, trapping and passing the 15th dark type, you must hum the ORIGINAL spiderman theme song. I'm not kidding about that last condition.

Edit: I forgot that baton pass was an egg move, and I don't think you can find any of the parents needed for baton pass in the wild in hg. If that is the case, trade one in bred with bp, if you can't trade in, then ignore the bp condition.
Sorry I can't trade anything in, so does that mean the conditions are to Sucker Punch 15 dark types and also Spider Web them?

@khz

you get a snubbul. it may only evolve if it gains the level to evolve inside of your house in newbark town. by the time you enter the 8th gym, it must have all damaging moves of 4 different types, or you may not use any items on it for the remainder of the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)