The Return Of Aerodactyl

The Return Of Aerodactyl

Hi, I made a new team and Aerodactyl is in it.

I never played 4th gen when it was the main metagame, but I do know that Aerodactyl was an OU pokemon, so to think that it is now RU, and not even a main feature in this tier, is a sad thought. So, one day I was watching a youtube battle, although a lot of the youtube players aren't brilliant, I still enjoy watching the videos. Anyway, In this battle the youtuber's opponent had an Aerodactyl, this Aerodactyl was burned and it still did a whopping 39% to the Youtuber's Tentacruel. After this I stopped and thought about Aerodactyl, the main thing to Notice is that it has the ability to outspeed Adamant Gyara's and Dnite's, and it also can outspeed the new threat Tornadus-T. At that point I decided I would try and make a team that features Aerodactyl. Later on that same day, I was watching one of my friends ladder (Mefesto - He is not a regular user of these forums), and his opponent had Aerodactyl. After this, Mefesto said to me that he wanted to use Aero. So that is the story, from this we created an Aerodactyl team.

At a glance

Team Building

So obviously we started with Aerodactyl and went with the CB set, and then added Tyranitar as Stealth Rock and Weather support. Tyranitar is also and excellent special sponge and it's Sandstream gives Aerodactyl a nifty boost in it's Special Defence.

It's clear that to achieve the goal of this team which is to pull off a Late Game Aerodactyl sweep, a pokemon that can remove Steel types is a necessity, Magnezone fits this bill perfectly with it's Magnet Pull ability. It even has good Synergy with Aerodactyl.

Mefesto decided that we needed a Dragon, so he decided to go for Latias who also has the ability to tank Fighting Hits decently well. At first we opted for Defensive Calm Mind Reflect, but I made a personal change to the fast Calm Mind sweeper with HP Fire.

Now we agreed that we could do with a rapid spinner, first poke that came to my mind was Starmie, and since we had both not used the Bulky Starmie set, we decided to go with it.

Lastly, we figured another Steel type would be a good idea. We chose Ferrothorn because it goes well with Starmie and is generally an annoying poke to face.

Not the most convincing team building whatsoever, in turn not a perfect team. That of course is the reason why I am posting it here, to improve it!

Team In Depth:

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Crunch

So, Aerodactyl, the poke that my team is based around. The goal of the team is to wear down the opponents team to a point where Aerodactyl can finish it off with it's most Powerful STAB move Stone Edge. To do this I opted for a Choice Banded Aerodactyl, the EV's are just all out offense and with Jolly Max Speed Aerodactyl is able to outspeed Adamant Dragonite and Gyarados at +2. The rest of the moves are barely clicked but sometimes I need to use Aerodactyl to finish off an opponent's poke mid-game. For instance, a Jirachi is a very annoying Poke to this team so Earthquake is there to handle that. Crunch can hit Latias and Latios for good damage without having to risk a Stone Edge miss. Aerial Ace might seem a bit Jokey but It is really the only thing I have to do to Conkeldurr and Keldeo, these two are in my opinion the biggest threats to my team. (Conkeldurr more so). Also thanks to Tyranitar, Aerodactyl's SDef stat gets an appreciated boost that actually allows it to survive some Special Hits. Aerodactyl can even provide a good switch in to Tornadus (Both Formes).

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Tyranitar, my weather inducer. Of late I have opted to use Hippowdon as my sandstorm support but this time I decided on Tyranitar just because it is an excellent switch in to many Special Attacker's like Heatran and particularly the Lati "Twins". The EVs are chosen to maximise Tyranitar's Special Defence. The moveset is pretty standard, I have contemplated adding Ice Beam and/ or Fire Blast over Crunch to hit the likes of Landorus, Gliscor, and Scizor respectively so give me thoughts on that. Stealth Rock is of course the best move in the game netting free damage on every Pokemon that switches in and is especially used to break the Multiscale of Dragonite. Lastly Superpower is used to hit Opposing Tyranitar's, Heatran, and Terrakion on the switch. As previously mentioned the sand support gives Aerodactyl a boost in SDef.

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

With the goal of the team revolving around Aerodactyl, it was a given that something would be needed to deal with Steel types like Ferrothorn and Skarmory who are able to tank Stone Edge pretty comfortably . Enter Magnezone, with it's amazing ability Magnet Pull, Steel type opponent's are unable to escape meaning they will rapidly fall allowing my teams goal to be pulled off alot easier. The moveset is simple; Thunderbolt is a STAB move that easily OHKO's Skarmory, HP Fire can be used to hit Ferrothorn for a 2HKO Flash Cannon is a secondary STAB move that is Super Effective against Tyranitar and can do decent chunks to pokes like Hippowdon and Latios. Substitute is a really good move on Magnezone because Magnezone can usually get a free sub up on Ferrothorn (unless Bulldoze), KO it and have another Free attack on the next poke the opponent sends in. Magnezone also has decent synergy with Aerodactyl, and beats Scizor who is one of Aerodactyl's greatest enemies. Finally, I use Life Orb because the power boost is appreciated when facing Hippowdon and sometimes Magnezone can outspeed breloom and do excellent damage with Hidden Power Fire.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

With a Glaring weakness to Water Moves and Fighting moves, something was needed to be able to tank these hits. We also decided that we needed to use a Dragon Type and Thus we chose Latias who fits the description nicely and possesses more bulk than it's counterpart Latios. Myself I don't often use Latias because I used to see Tyranitar all the time, but with this new metagame the use of Tyranitar has decreased alot so Latias can have a much better time. With new threat's such as Thundurus-T and Keldeo, Latias makes an excellent addition to any team. This set right here is my favourite, The Fast Calm Mind user. With it's good resistances, Latias has plenty of chances to get a boost and put pressure on the opponent. I always opt for Hidden Power Fire when I use Latias, because usually it is a Scizor or Ferrothorn who switch in to take on this poke, only to find themselves being severely damaged, again making it easier for my Aerodactyl to sweep late game. Sometimes as a last resort Latias is able to sweep teams because of its amazing ability to take hits. This is complimented by recover allowing Latias to gain more and more boosts setting up on Pokes Like Starmie, and Virizion. Recover can also allow Latias to recover off U-Turns from faster pokes like Scarf Landorus and Tornadus-T.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SAtk / 224 Spd
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

With Aerodactyl's weakness to Stealth Rock we decided we need a Rapid Spinner. Starmie also has a resistance to Fighting. We chose this over other spinners such as Tentacruel because it has more Reliable recovery and it can actually do something to the Spin Blocker's. Another one of Starmie's perks is it's Speed making it faster than Pokes such as Terrakion, Infernape and non-scarfed Landorus and Thundurus. The EV spread is taken from the site, I wanted to use the Bulky Starmie because I had never used it before, I might possibly change it to offensive, thought's on this would be appreciated. I chose Thunderbolt to hit Jellicent, Tentacruel and especially Gyardos. I might be tempted to change Thunderbolt to Psyshock in order to hit Gengar because for some reason people decide to switch them in to spin block. Scald is a STAB move that has a tendency to Burn switch ins like Rotom and Ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

The final Poke to be added was Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn is a good partner for Starmie and has many chances to lay up Spikes which will help the team achieve it's goal of a Late game sweep. The EV spread is standard. With Ferrothorn's good defences it can switch in on many common pokes like Landorus and Starmie. Landorus is often going for U-Turn meaning Ferrothorn will be able to get of Free damage every time. Ferrothorn is also my main answer to bulky water types like Gastrodon, Vaporeon, and Politoed. The Moveset allows me to hit these pokes and also can hit Latios and Latias with Gyro Ball for good damage. To be honest I am not a big fan of Ferrothorn but it works here. If you feel you have a better poke for this spot, Please tell me.

So that is the team, please leave any helpful suggestions you have to make this team more effective.

Importable:
Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Crunch

Magnezone @ Life Orb
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SAtk / 224 Spd
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

It's a decent team, but it has a glaring weakness to Scarf Terra, and Latias can't really punish Terra since Dragon Pulse under sand doesn't do much. You also have a small problem with Salamence seeing as how it can set up on Starmie, Ferro and TTar after a Pokemon dies and set up and kill at least 2 Pokemon, if not sweep if Ferro has been dented.

Replacing Magnezone for CB Scizor probably would make sense, since you can set up on Ferro with Latias/set up your own hazards and have the ability to spin the hazards away! If so, you should probably run Fire Blast on TTar over Superpower so you can have a much easier time transitioning to this adjustment. Skarmory is going to be dealt with in a similar manner. (albiet you just have to pressure Skarm with Latias seeing as how they have Whirlwind)

Opposing Scizor's are going to have trouble dealing with the hazards and Ferro is going to be his downfall, albiet still a threat.

Overall, good team. I probably made some bad choices so test it first, I'm not the best rater but I think it's good. :)

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Nice team bro!
I was thinking about Aerodactyl too and it is a nice option!

Ok, first, i have used that set of Latias and she has one weakness: TOXIC.
Since the sandstorm negates the effect of leftovers, toxic trolls latias. It's nice that you have recover on it, but i prefer refresh, making her troll heatran. But; if you don't have recover, she would die eventually. My friend told me about having Dragon Pulse, Calm Mind, Refresh and Recover on the same set, for Ferro just spam calmind and recover and kill him with +6 dragon pulse. I have not tried it, but it seems a nice idea.

Hope i helped you :D

ThatsMyLatios Hi, this is a team that only a nice thing soon and see your team has to deal with serious problems Terrakion / Keldeo-R, to solve these problems by replace the Starmie Slowbro that can easily get in and stabs her can kill him with scald, an even bigger problem for your team and Keldeo-R with Choice Specs takes your whole team with Hydro Pump if you do not have Ferrothorn, a set Calm Mind can also be of great work as more Keldeo fast that your team just Aerodactyl and only that Starmie Starmie's Thunderbolt will not take long after a few Calm Minds, so I suggest you and your troqu Ferrothorn by Amoonguss he holds anything from Keldeo and can give Spore and Giga Drain it besides you can cancel your Calm Mind to Clear Smog, and Slowbro Amoonguss make a great duo as they can handle much of the metagame, I suggest you also replace the Pursuit of Fire Blast in Tyranitar so you have to hit on Skarmory and Ferrothorn as Quickbobhero dsito had, moreover change the Tyrnitar the evs for HP 252/64 Sp.Atk/192 Sp.Def, Sassy nature with this you will lose a little put Sp.Def will gain more power in the Fire Blast OHKO thus giving on Skarmory, I suggest you also change by Double-Crunch on Aerodactyl Ege, the ghosts you want to catch OU metagame and that there is only OHKO Gengar to Stone Edge and Jellicent which also takes a very strong damage of Stone Edge, Double-Edge has no less than 120, and Power with Rock Head you do not take Recoil.

Sets:

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+ Def,-Atk)
- scald
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 sdef
Calm Nature (+ sdef,-Atk)
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Cool team, but do you have feel pressed on by Double Dance Terrakion? It seems like a huge threat seeing as it can set up on Latias, Magnezone, and even Starmie thanks to the Special Defense boost from your own Sand Storm. To fix this, I would recommend trying out Psyshock over Thunderbolt on Starmie. Thunderbolt is mainly for water types which Latias and Ferrothorn have checked, and Starmie has a 67.5% chance iirc to OHKO Terrakion after rocks and a Defense drop from Close Combat (Also lets you check Keldeo who sets up Calm Minds on a weak Thunderbolt). I also don't see why you run Life Orb on Magnezone, I understand that the power boost would be appreciated, but since the goal of this is to eliminate steel types for Aerodactyl, Latias, etc. You are limiting your survivability a lot. I'd recommend changing Magnezone to Specs if you would want the power boost since A Powerful Volt Switch is pretty grand and switch initiative is great as well. You could also go the route of leftovers if you would want as well.
so tl;dr

Thunderbolt----> Psyshock on Stamie

LO Magnezone----> Specs, or Lefties

Really Nice Team, and Good Luck :)

@Quickbobhero: It is worth a try I guess, and I know I will end up running Fire Blast on the TTar anyway even if I keep Zone. Thanks for the rate man!

@LilOuOn: You are absolutely right about the weakness on Latias to Toxic, I do get very frustrated when my Latias gets poisoned but the point of the Latias is to help wear a foe's team into Aerodactyl range. HP fire is vital to hit Scizor and Skarm. Remember this Latias is not designed to be the sweeper, just to play a role in the Ultimate goal of the team. Thanks for the rate.

@Miles Tails: I appreciate your suggestions my friend. Slowbro seems like a really good idea because it can easily handle the Scarf Terrakion weakness and it also helps me against Mamoswine. Unfortunately this means I lose my Rapid Spinner, but It could be worth it seeing as Aerodactyl is not meant to switch in to things unless I absolutely have to. However I feel my Ferrothorn is an important member with it's Spike Stacking so I don't think I will be replacing that. Concerning Crunch, I feel this move is important because like I said it means I don't have to rely on inaccurate Stone Edge to deal with those pokes you Listed. Nevertheless Thank you for that Tyranitar spread and this rate was helpful!

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi ThatsMyLatios

Solid team you have here, I really like your use of Aerodactyl. Now as the posters above me have said, Terrakion is going to be a major threat to your team, namely the Choice Scarf, Double Dance, and Substitute Swords Dance sets. Another threat to your team is Swords Dance Lucario who nowadays carry dual priority in Extremespeed and Bullet Punch so he is able to take down your entire team after a Swords Dance boost. Dragon Dance Dragonite can also prove formidable as he outspeeds your team after a DD and hits everything hard with Outrage/Fire punch. For these threats I recommend replacing Ferrothorn with a physically defensive Slowbro with a moveset of Scald / Psyshock / Thunder Wave / Ice Beam. Slowbro has one of the highest defense stats in the OU metagame and coupled with recovery throgh both Regenrator and Slack Off, he's going to be very difficult for your opponent to bring down. His great defense stats allow him to survive a +2 Outrage from max attack Dragonite and retaliate with Ice Beam. Slowbro helps deal with faster sweepers with Thunder Wave or can also cripple physical attackers with a burn from Scald. One disadvantage to removing Ferrothorn is that you will lose access to Spikes, but the ability to check many top OU threats outweighs this in most instances and gives you a potent defensive combination of Slowbro+Turanitar as Tyranitar can take the majority of the special attacks while Slowbro takes the physical ones.

Now for some smaller changes. First, I would recommend trying Rock Slide over Stone Edge on Aerodactyl. Rock Slide is weaker than Stone Edge but has improved accuracy and the flinch chance is nice on a fast Pokemon such as Aerodactyl to flinch hax through your opponent. The improved accuracy is critical against Volcarona as a +1 Volcarona can easily sweep your team if Stone Edge misses which it is notorious for doing. Next, I would agree with your temptation to change Thunderbolt to Psyshock on Starmie. Psyshock not only allows Starmie to beat Gengar easily but is also useful for Virizion and Breloom and allows you to deal at least some damage to Chansey/Blissey. Finally you could try an Expert Belt over Life Orb on Magnezone. Expert Belt easily lets you bluff a choice item as most Magnezones not using Leftovers are either Specs or Scarf and you will often be hitting for super effective damage with his great coverage. Life Orb also is detrimental with Substitute as the recoil damage will severely limit the number of subs you can make.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:
Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave
-Slack Off

tl;dr
Ferrothorn ----> Physically Defensive Slowbro
Stone Edge on Aerodactyl ----> Rock Slide
Thunderbolt on Starmie ----> Psyshock
Life Orb on Magnezone ----> Expert Belt

Hi TML,

This is a neat team with a great use of Aerodactyl, a somewhat underrated threat in the current metagame. I do see a weakness to a couple things like others have mentioned, variants of Terrakion. Terrakion can hit a lot of your team members hard, with a Scarf it outspeeds all your whole team, Substitute Swords Dance variants can easily set up a Substitute or Swords Dance as not a lot on your team wants to stay in against Terrakion. To help with this weakness, I think you could try out Physically Defensive Tangrowth over your current Ferrothorn. Tangrowth does a lot of things for your team, most importantly it helps you against Terrakion as unlike Ferrothorn, it is not weak to Terrakion's main STAB option. Tangrowth also provides you with Sleep Powder support, which is great for your team as it gives you free switches into Aerodactyl who does not have the best defences, or into Starmie to spin away enemy hazards. Tangrowth also has semi reliable recovery in the form of Regenerator, helping to keep Tangrowth at a high amount of health. It's also important to note that Tangrowth is not trapped by Magnezone or Magneton, while Ferrothorn is, meaning your defensive core will have a lot more longevity. Not to mention Tangrowth helps you retain pretty much the same synergy as before, but gives you one less fighting weak Pokemon, and an extra ground resist which can aid you against Landorus.

Also a small change, I highly agree with others that you should try Psyshock over Thunderbolt on Starmie. Psyshock with the Special Attack investment you have gives you an 100% chance to OHKO Gengar at full. Psyshock also lets you hit Tentacruel just as hard, meaning that your opponent will have more trouble spinning away your hazards. By losing Thunderbolt, you only really lose the ability to hit Gyarados and Jellicent harder, Jellicent is dealt with by Magnezone, and Gyarados cannot safely set up Substitutes / Dragon Dances against any of your team mates.

Great team man, hope I helped!

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off / Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

Cased

Banned deucer.
Hey man! Really solid team you got here, although I see a pretty giant Mamoswine weakness, because Ice Shard just ravages through Aerodactyl and I think it 2hko's Latias if adamant, EQ destroys T-tar and Magnezone and Superpower sodomizes Ferrothorn. :( Maybe instead of Latias, try using Physically Defensive Jellicent It counters both water and fighting and Mamoswine doesn't 2hko with Earthquake after leftovers damage, plus they can't spin away hazards :D

First of all I apologize to you ThatMyLatios took the team on loan to do some tests and give a better rate of Pokemon I have suggested, well let it first to congratulate you for the beautiful team who made ​​some changes it gets better, good as you want to use the Hazards to give damage to the trade believe that investing more in power can do it better so I suggest changing the set of Latias and Magnezone Roserade and the entry of the team.

Roserade (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 sdef
Calm Nature (+ sdef,-Atk)
- Spikes
- Rest
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Roserade can do well to play the role of Ferrothorn Spikes besides being a great Keldeo Check in / Politoed / Rotom-W, moreover Own Rest Natural Cure + that allows you to recover her HP without having her slipping which is great.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 176 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature (+ SAtk,-Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Recover

The metagame today this is very rough and hard to have time to give Calm Mind without taking a big damage so as you use Stealth Rock and Spikes use this set of more offensive Latias with this you will make a very strong pressure on the team as opponent hazards of the damage will be able to OHKO Latias or nearly so in all that go along with the damage hazards acquired by the opponent team.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+ Spd,-Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

To conclude you do not have a Revenger Killer on the team today and this is important with Choice Scarf Magnezone is Keldeo-R so you have another answer for him besides Volt with Switch you win a Scouter which is of great help in Predicts

Well that's it in my tests the team worked well, dealing damage and hazards to Latias and Magnezone pounding Aerodactyl to enter the game and give Late Earthquake at all.

First I would like to thank for all theses rates.

Many people are suggesting that I change my Magnezone but the current set I have is the only one I can use. The idea of this Magnezone is not to survive but to trap and KO steels. Once that is done it really serves no purpose except fodder. If a sub is up it can do decent damage to the next poke to come in, but then it's dead. The only change I would make to zone is replacing it all together as I am considering changing the moveset of Aerodactyl to the Life Orb Roost set which can beat Skarmory. So I would like thought's on this.

Also I will be trying out all of the Suggestions for Tangrowth, Slowbro, Roserade, and Jellicent. So thanks for that.

Lastly @Miles Tails. Although that Latias set is a very good one, I just don't think it suits my team, and every single time I try I cannot use it effectively. Thanks for your rate and I'm glad you liked the team.

I will post back how my tests go, I really do hope to make some adjustments to the team so keep the rates coming.

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
your team is wrecked by any standard sand team with ttar and terrakion (CB,SD..). Only Aerodactly can rk which isn't enough at all, Going back to hippo could partly fix that.

Also timid latias has always been kinda useless as again it gets wrecked by tyranitar pursuit and you don't have dugtrio to beat him before to set up with him.

A bold nature full hp , enough speed to outspend adamant nite and rest in defense is way better as it allows you to survive much better to pursuiters.

Hello user TML,

Aerodactyl is quite the difficult Pokemon to build a team around, however, I shall assist you in making this team better. To start, I'd recommend Leftovers > Life Orb on Magnezone since Life Orb really doesn't help it that much, and Leftovers can help you put up more Substitutes, if needed. Next, I'd recommend Psyshock / Psychic > Hidden Power Fire on your Latias. Since Magnezone is trapping steels for you, you don't need Latias to pack Hidden Power Fire. Plus, Psyshock / Psychic can help you deal with Fighting types that can set up on a majority of your team. Also, I found that Hippowdon > Tyranitar as it is a better sandstreamer and it can help prevent you from being swept by a Dragon Dance Dragonite and boosting Fighting types. Plus, Hippo also serves as a nice check to opposing Tyranitar, which could prove to be troublesome for this team. 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Sp Def with Earthquake | Stealth Rock | Slack Off | Ice Fang / Roar. Otherwise, I think the team looks good. Hope my changes helped. Good luck!

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang

Magnezone @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Psyshock

@Nelson-X: You are implying that I am going to start setting up a Latias when he has a healthy TTar. -.- The idea you suggest is cool but I don't think it suits the way I play at all. Thanks for the rate!

@Funkasaurus: By popular demand I will use Leftovers on Zone, but im pretty sure the Life Orb allows me to hit Landorus, TTar, and Hippo harder but Leftovers will let me survive I guess so Magnezone will do more in the battle. Concerning Latias, I really do feel that HP Fire is a good move to have, although Psychic STAB would be useful for those fighting types, It wont do to much to the bulkier ones anyway. Conkeldurr particularly as Latias cant really set up CMs on it. As for the stuff like Breloom, Dragon Pulse or HP Fire will wreck that anyway. Psyshock would help for Terrakion but I am going to be using Psyshock on Starmie now so it is not a problem. I will try out Hippowdon, but this means I lose a reliable check to Latios and Latias. However I do feel Hippo will help me handle fighting types better. Thank you for the Rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)