Ability: Sap Sipper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Return

252 SpA Life Orb Stantler Shadow Ball vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 133-156 (47.5 - 55.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Stantler Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 192-229 (47.5 - 56.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Stantler Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Poliwrath: 208-247 (54.1 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

The set is pretty much a joke, but it can bait these in. The main reason to use this>giraffe is that this can bait more stuff in.
I still dont mind if it goes down, but this is fun support for pokes like flareon who like certain mons gone. Also look at half of D lol
Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail
- Zen Headbutt

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Iron Tail vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 155-183 (55.3 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Piloswine: 250-294 (61.8 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Poliwrath: 185-218 (48.1 - 56.7%) -- 35.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Iron Tail Tauros is a much better way to waste space than Stantler is :d

Dedenne E --> D

Unlike what the description of 'E Rank' says, Dedenne is decent enough to justify their use on some teams, but is only capable of doing it's specific task and fails at doing anything more than that, and thus 'D Rank' fits better.
Having a good speed tier, Dedenne can outspeed the majority of the meta, especially with webs support, and is on par with the elemental monkeys. Now it's other stats may not be great at all, but in combination with it's good speed, as well as Charm, Dedenne can surprisingly live most physical hits. Being immune to Dragon too, Cheek Pouch for better recovery in combination with other berries, access to Nuzzle, U-Turn and Super Fang, if Stantler is D Rank, wynaut Dedenne?

Dedenne E --> D

Unlike what the description of 'E Rank' says, Dedenne is decent enough to justify their use on some teams, but is only capable of doing it's specific task and fails at doing anything more than that, and thus 'D Rank' fits better.
Having a good speed tier, Dedenne can outspeed the majority of the meta, especially with webs support, and is on par with the elemental monkeys. Now it's other stats may not be great at all, but in combination with it's good speed, as well as Charm, Dedenne can surprisingly live most physical hits. Being immune to Dragon too, Cheek Pouch for better recovery in combination with other berries, access to Nuzzle, U-Turn and Super Fang, if Stantler is D Rank, wynaut Dedenne?
Stantler will most likely going to go in E rank.
Dedenne is completely outclassed by any electric type in the tier, or any defensive pokemon in the case where you want to run Defensive Dedenne ( Great bulk! awesome ideas! )
Seriously, can we have a blacklist of mons that shouldn't be mentionned due to how bad they are, TRC?

We really don't need a "blacklist" for anything unless it gets brought up over and over again and always derails the thread, which hasn't happened before and probably won't ever happen.

Anyway i disagree with dropping Klang, sure it loses to a few common things but outside of that it does really well. Nothing ever carries coverage specifically for Steel-types, which is a huge boon for it as it can come in on things like Mr. Mime, Scyther, Tangela, Roselia, etc and set up. It needs a couple boosts before it can actually hit anything hard but because Klang is so bulky it can get those boosts quite easily.

I haven't really used Butterfree but I will say that nothing else above C rank is really as reliant on support bar maybe Linoone (which is MUCH more threatening if it gets said support) as Butterfree. (By this I mean both hazard removal support and support to actually set up)

Anyway time to make a nom of my own:

Nominating Fraxure to B+

I've been using Fraxure quite a bit lately, and it's incredibly good. It's not the bulkiest thing in the world, but with Eviolite it can set up on quite a few common mons, particularly Ninetales (which can't touch it), Leafeon, most Electric types, etc. It's also bulky enough to live a hit from most scarfers (bar like Mr. Mime) and a lot of priority. Most teams don't really have much for Fraxure at this point because it's pretty rare, so it can often just come in after Ninetales has just KOed something and easily take out half of the opponent's team. I haven't used Choice Band but it seems decent enough, so there's that too.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Choice band hits like a truck and, while it lacks bulk, has no 100% switch ins when the right coverage move is used. Can confirm is good, although not as good as evio DD and not good enough to move to B+ on its own.

Why is Lunatone in E? Its does the same thing as Solrock with special bulk instead of physical bulk. I know solrock is generally better, but there are situations when Lunatone can be more useful for a team.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why is Lunatone in E? Its does the same thing as Solrock with special bulk instead of physical bulk. I know solrock is generally better, but there are situations when Lunatone can be more useful for a team.
Well their typing is a lot better for physical walls, their main weaknesses are to water, ghost and grass, which are primarily special types. Of the others (dark, bug and steel) there is only one relevant types. Also if you look at what lunatone and solrock try to wall. Solrock can successfully beat physical normal, flying and fire types, like tauros, bouffalant, dodrio and flareon, whilst lunatone looses to pretty much every special fire, psychic and flying type, as heatmor/ninetales carry a grass move, most psychics run shadow ball or signal beam, and the most common flying types are part water. There is also the fact that solrock walls tauros, the best poke in the meta, and lunatone recieves a lot of competition from pokes like Grumpig. I really dont see when you would want to use lunatone

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Ok here's some stuff that I think:

Simipour B+ --> A-

Nasty Plot Simipour is a great lategame sweeper. Unlike a lot of power-boosting pokemon, Simipour outspeeds a lot of common Scarfers, including Adamant Tauros, Haunter, and Rotom-F. Simipour's high initial Speed means it is able to set up Substitute + Salac relatively easily and threaten foes even midgame, beating threats like Piloswine and Ninetales. Simipour also has versatility to it as it is able to run a Scarf set to provide a team with a fast Scarfer able to revenge kill the likes of Carracosta, or a Life Orb all out attacking set to maximize its coverage. It can even go mixed w/ Low Kick to beat Licky and Regice. Deserves an A- easily.
I agree. Simipour is much better than its fellow monkeys. Water-grass-ice is beautiful coverage. I can’t think of a single pokemon that can comprehensively wall this thing except the bad specially defensive Hypno and Eviolite Marill. And sub-salac actually does work, unlike most berry gimmicks.

Nah stantler has a fun little niche:
Stantler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Return

252 SpA Life Orb Stantler Shadow Ball vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 133-156 (47.5 - 55.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Stantler Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 192-229 (47.5 - 56.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Stantler Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Poliwrath: 208-247 (54.1 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

The set is pretty much a joke, but it can bait these in. The main reason to use this>giraffe is that this can bait more stuff in.
I still dont mind if it goes down, but this is fun support for pokes like flareon who like certain mons gone. Also look at half of D lol
The severely outclassed Scrappy Stoutland can lure and KO these same pokemon with return/superpower and wild charge.
I can think of an even more obscure niche for Stantler, a coilpass recipient for Huntail (think: hypnosis, sucker punch), but it's so laughably small.

Reactions: g
A bit late on this but I disagree with Stantler dropping. Stantler isn't terrible, it's just outclassed almost completely, and because of this it fits well in D rank as most pokemon in this predicament are in D rank, not E. For example, Ninjask, Meganium, Gigalith, Persian, Illumise, Gourgeist and Gourgeist-L, and Fearow, all of which would likely be higher if they weren't outclassed. Stantler fits in with these Pokemon quite well and therefore could definitely stay in D rank.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
I feel like Golem should go A- to A at least.
Lately I practiced a bit PU on the ladder and I have to say that, using a team with Golem, he is a really good and viable Stealth Rock Setter, even more against offense: His typing is acceptable since checks electric and flying threats, Sturdy lets him take every hit and don't die, so you can have your Rocks placed on the opponents field since the start, and can give you a really big advantage early game setupping a +2 atk thanks to Weakness Policy then chunk or kill 1/2 mons of the opponents team with the STAB Earthquake/Stone Edge in addition to his high defense and atk stats plus Sucker Punch, a priority that compensates in part his low base speed and hits very hard almost every offensive ghost or dark pokémon in the tier.

Last edited:

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Zebstrika from C+ to B/B+

I don't see how zebra is on par with machoke and electabuzz. Raichu, Sneasel, Tauros, and Jumpluff are all very common right now, and Zebstrika's unique speed gives it the power to better deal with these. Overheat is also a nice move the threaten avalugg with, which rotom can't do and raichu has to hit two focus blasts to do. It doesn't have the power or versatility of raichu and rotom, but the extra speed makes it a solid option definitely worth using over Raichu or Rotom. I wouldn't mind sending it to A-, but that's a big jump for right now. Also agreeing with Golem to A rank for basically everything Raiza already said.

Edit: Forgot to mention that both lightning rod and sap sipper are incredibly useful abilities with all of the electric and grass types currently running around the tier (sap sipper is really useful for giving offensive teams an easy switch into tangela's sleep powder/leaf storm)

Last edited:
Regigigas: "E" to "C"

As someone who's been using Regigigas since BW, in tiers as high as RU, I absolutely disagree with the "E" ranking. The post clearly states that "E" Pokemon "simply have no viable niches", which is simply not true for Regigigas. With amazing natural bulk for PU standards, I usually save it until the late game, when my opponent's team has been sufficiently weakened enough and Regigigas can finish it off easily. Meanwhile, the description of the C-rank fits Regigigas nearly perfectly: "Pokemon that have notable niches in the PU metagame, but have just as notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C rank often require significant support to be effective in PU."

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Return
- Earthquake

Not to mention, you can simply play Regigigas completely defensive, utilizing it's supreme natural bulk without being affected by it's ability. It can carry quite a bit of utility with moves like Knock Off, Toxic, and Block.

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Carracosta to S
Carracosta is a meta defining threat without a doubt, but since it was S, the meta has been more prepared for it, ie every one runs Poliwrath. However, recently, the defensive set has got a lot better, as it switches into a broken and a semi-broken pokemon, tauros and sneasel (this shouldnt be understated), and has a good typing in general, so it can chack other physical attackers like barbaracle and bouffalant. The shell smash set is liking this meta even more, as firstly, Poliwrath usage has been going down, as more people are using throh (and zen headbutt INNOVATION), and ninetales is also shown to be great in this meta, who is a great team mates, since it can set up on tangela who it baits in, and can hit bulky water types hard (before any one nitpicks, this shows that it is easy to weaken costa's checks and counters)

Simisage to B/B-
Serperior leaving was heaven for this, as the main competition for a team slot came from serp, now its small niche, in hitting bouff and others with focus blast, is much larger, as it can successfully run a nasty plot set and sub seed without any competition. These sets arent too bad in this meta, as nasty plot + giga drain and life orb is pretty strong, and its speed backs this up nicely, allowing it to outrun ninetales and dodrio. Grass is a very important type in this meta as water types are very common, and simisage uses the second best poke in the tier as set up fodder. Mixed bait sets are also decent as it has a pretty wide movepool with tools like knock off to beat roselia, etc. Sage does have some weaknesses, ie sneasel, scyther, tauros and other faster pokes, but im only suggesting a bit of a promotion

Kecleon S (maybe A+)
Im not gonna say too much about this as it will probably leave the tier soon, but this mon is so broken lol. It demolishes offensive teams as fighting + dark coverage is very good, considering how fairy types arent very common, and its decent attack stat combined with STAB on everything makes it a really strong threat. Its strong priority is what makes it so amazing, as sucker punch is very strong, and not many offensive mons can take sucker + fake out or any other move + sucker for that matter. Its main switch ins are also crippled by knock off, and even other checks also hate losing lefties, eg torterra.

Rotom-F A+
Rotom-F is very good in this meta, as momentum is very important now considering the tier is dominated with offensive based teams. Scarf sets are always solid, as it hits hard even with volt switch, which can be bought in to either KO a poke or gain momentum. Piloswine is also the only ground poke that will try to block a volt switch, but that gets heavily crippled by trick, and laughed at by willo/subsplit. Continuing to that, subsplit is amazing in this meta, as it messes with any defensive teams and offensive based ones (unless pilo :L) lack anything to take a life orb thunderbolt or blizzard. Ive been using a specs set lately, which is also great as it has amazing power, and it is very easy to bluff scarf and force the poke out and gain momentum.

agreeing with golem to A, simisage to B, rotom to A+, and kecleon to A+. indifferent on everything else though.

Anyway here are a few noms:

Metang from B to B-

Metang isn't really relevant in the current metagame, and it kinda sticks out from the other mons in B. It doesn't really wall any top threats except like non-Earthquake Bouffalant and Regice kinda. It's not bad but it isn't really as good as stuff like Articuno, Clefairy, Prinplup, and Stunfisk (not to mention the other mons in B that have been nommed to move higher). I don't feel too strongly on this though, so if anyone has used it a decent amount and disagrees with dropping it then I'm fine with it being lower.

Beartic from C+ to B-

Beartic is a pretty cool rain sweeper. It's really strong, as fast as +2 Regice and hard to wall, especially for slower teams that lack Poliwrath as it has access to Swords Dance. While it's slower than most weather sweepers and has a bit of trouble with Poliwrath, the former can be somewhat mitigated by rain-boosted Aqua Jet and the latter is a problem for a ton of mons, so I could see this moving up.

Golduck from C+ to B

Ever since Mantine left, Golduck has a lot more of a niche on rain. It faces a bit of competition with Poliwrath, but it is much stronger, has better coverage, and outspeeds even Jolly Scarf Tauros, which Poliwrath cannot. It also probably works as a standalone rain sweeper, though I haven't had the chance to use that much. A few calcs against common Pokemon:
252+ SpA Life Orb Golduck Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Tangela: 307-361 (91.9 - 108%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Poliwrath has a very low chance to KO this even with Stealth Rock)

252+ SpA Life Orb Golduck Hydro Pump vs. 192 HP / 32 SpD Throh in Rain: 341-403 (79.4 - 93.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Golduck Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lickilicky in Rain: 231-274 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Golduck Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Poliwrath: 247-291 (64.3 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Golduck Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Regice in Rain: 169-200 (56.1 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Golduck Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper in Rain: 205-242 (63.4 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Golduck Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Simipour in Rain: 226-265 (77.3 - 90.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Under rain, Golduck 2HKOes the entire tier with little to no prediction bar the very uncommon Politoed. It can also OHKO pretty much every offensive Pokemon that is neutral to Water with Scald, so it doesn't have to worry much about relying on Hydro Pump in crucial situations. Definitely worthy of at least B-, but I would prefer B.

Seviper from C+ to B-

Seviper is actually really threatening against the right teams. It's really hard to wall outside of Lickilicky and random stuff like Bastiodon thanks to its coverage and its great stab type. With Shed Skin it also makes for a really solid switch-in to Tangela and to a lesser extent Roselia. Finally, its decent speed tier and access to Sucker Punch let it be somewhat useful against faster offensive teams. It's nothing amazing but it's at least better than C+.

Finally, here are some random food for thought noms that I don't have a huge opinion on or necessarily completely agree with but could see happening:

Throh from A+ to S
Barbaracle from A to A-
Basculin from B to B+
Mightyena from B to B+
Swoobat from B to B-
Stoutland from B+ to A-
Duosion from B- to B
Jumpluff from B- to B

Last edited:

MZ

My thoughts on those suggestions down below

Throh is threatening, but doesn't have the ability to totally demolish teams the way tauros can, and just doesnt handle things like sneasel the way that poli can. Great A+ mon, doesn't quite deserve S

Barbaracle loses to lead monferno in terms of speed, but has more reliable offensive presence. Shell Smash is actually better now imo, as less teams carry a counter due to its fall other than tangela and Poliwrath which won't take an aerial ace of knocked off and weakened (scarfchu please). Do not drop

Basculin and Mightyena are both strong and have priority, but slightly too slow and frail. However, moxie gives dark doge the power it needs to move up, while basculin isn't threatening enough to merit B+ due to the amount of things that either wall it or revenge it (+1 sucker punch is much scarier than just an aqua jet vs would be revengers like tauros and simipour). Basculin also has 4mss, after dual water moves it wants ice beam, hp electric, zen headbutt, and even superpower, crunch, and hydro pump are useful

I posted a sample team with stoutland, and I still don't think it deserves the boost (although the team does need revision). Being stuck to hippo is problematic as that's the only set worthy of the boost, and pretty much every team has tangela, haunter, misdreavus, dusknoir, or something else just due to the presence of tauros. Stout has a lot of trouble breaking through those mons due to pursuit being nonexistent, giving it trouble with most teams

No opinion on the others

Edit: Why is whiscash C rank? Can we drop discuss this?

Last edited:
ok so i noticed whiscash is C rank... why? what does this thing do other than get walled by most grass types and get easily revenge killed? its extremely weak and extremely slow

Whiscash from C to C- or D+

MZ

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-pu-viability-ranking-thread.3517353/page-16#post-5972636
Didn't get any replies to that and it was a while back (bumping grumpig to b-/b and monferno to b), going to move for those again. Also think that basically the entire C rank (Tropius, snover, Lapras, glaceon, Vanilluxe. Butterfree, Dwebble, Whiscash, wormadam-T) could be moved down, any thoughts?

Arbok from c+ to b
Garbodor was on every team and a really easy switch into a lot of mons, now Arbok can take that spot. Solid speed, good attack, high power STAB, priority, coil, and two great abilities make it a great switch into Throh, Tangela, Leafeon, and Poliwrath, and a solid check to Scyther, sneasel, and even Tauros with intimidate (shed skin is cool too for rest sets/tangela). Fast sets are great at sweeping with coil to set up on things like Lickilicky, Roselia and Carracosta (again, shed skin is cool), and max hp still beats out adamant golem and Marowak which it can run seed bomb/aqua tail for, as doesn't really need earthquake. Rest sets and scarf/CB switcheroo seem legit, but never tried. It also gets some cool stuff like dragon tail (rest/talk shuffler?), haze, shed skin+pursuit for missy and Haunter, glare, sunny day and rain dance, infestation, belch, and even fucking sub/disable (lolwut)
tl dr good breaker/sweeper that actually gives offense a switch into Throh and has a lot of cool moves

Butterfree can stay in C, maybe Dweeble could stay, the others can drop.

Lickilicky for A+: People might disagree with this nomination, but honestly, Lickilicky represents so much and does so much to PU. To put it simply, it is the most needed pokemon in stall, being able to wall a large amount of pokemons in the tier, while not being totally passive thanks to a decent offensive presence and a way to prevent him from being set up on. It's main flaw is that he's pretty much a free switch in for Poliwrath and Throh, both being extremely threatening at the moment ( Unless you run Banded Power Whip, rekt )

Scraggy for D/Unranked: Do i even need to explain why this thing isn't good? Because i won't, just kidding. So this thing basically has terrible stats and can't achieve anything due to its bulk being poor even with Eviolite ( 50/70/70, even with invested in max spd and eviolite, can't take much hits ) and its bad speed allows him to achieve absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually tried using Scraggy for a while to see if it could reclaim the glory of the BW RU days.

It couldn't.

It's laughably frail, can take one hit before dying if it's not super effective. Problem is it can't Drain Punch to get second chances like it used to because every teams has answers to the Fighting mons out of necessity. It's too slow to sweep with +1 and it can't get to +2 in this environemnt. All the fast mons/scarfers have ways to hit it because Tauros so it can't boost to +2 on them either. At +1 it's High Jump Kick is also too weak to break through the premier physical walls so there's no team archetype it cal really succeed against.

Unranked is appropriate, Scraggy simply can't pull weight.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also I feel that Pignite and Servine should be at least D rank imo with Pignite probably being C-. Pignite may be an afterthought over other Thick Fat users such as Grumpig and Piloswine, but can hold its own aganist other Fire-types such as Flareon and Ninetales and does have access to moves such as Rock Slide, Stone Edge, and Wild Charge. Combined with Rest + Sleep Talk gives Pignite a notable niche. Servine I see as being D rank solely for the fact of it finally getting Contrary meaning its not entirely useless. However with Sap Sipper Pokemon such as Gogoat and Bouffalant combined with being outclassed by other Grass-types such as Tangela, Roselia, and Simisage as well as not being all that strong without a boost means that D rank sounds appropriate for Servine.

Pignite should probably remain unranked, Grumpig already checks both Ninetales(Really, it is a counter but still) and Flareon, Pignite gets wrecked by Psyshock on Ninetales, and Flareon can 2HKO it with Guts Facade. Though Servine deserves D-Rank.

Reactions: g

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know I opposed it on the previous page but having played with / against it more than before I now think Ninetales deserves S for the reasons Magnemite explained in his post. SR damage sucks but it's less of a big deal if you run Leftovers and / or entry hazard removal and Ninetales has the speed and coverage to beat a lot of Pokemon.

I also agree with Anty on Kecleon moving to S. As for Carracosta and Throh they seem like S-worthy candidates but their lack of reliable recovery makes me hesitant to fully support, especially for Costa

I agree with Ninetales, Carracosta and Kecleon moving to S-Rank. However, I don't think Throh is quite S rank. However, I am dumb and sure someone else can explain it better than I can.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Throh imo is fine where it is tbh. Throh does have access to Rest, its not reliable in the sense that it has to rely on Rest to keep itself healthy. That and the fact that RestTalk Throh isn't seen as often as it was in the past as Taunt + Toxic has really rose in popularity over the past few months. In this regard, Throh is not quite S-Rank material especially with Poliwrath being in the tier handling more potent threats. (Unless it somehow gets Drain Punch or something along those lines)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)