NFE The NFE Open - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art by MiniArchitect

Welcome to the NFE Open!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam VI information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the NFE ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Sw/Sh cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are required.

Round 5

tlenit  vs  pileosand
Quantum Tesseract  vs  OranBerryBlissey10
avarice  vs  aesf

Deadline is Sunday, February 14th, at 11:59 PM EST (UTC -5).

Last edited by a moderator:
Predictions for semis since it's easier, but good luck to everyone because I believe everyone can win against each other.

Tlenit > Pileosand
Tlenit is a better player than Pileosand, while Pileosand is one of few NFE Mainers still here. However, Tlenit has plenty enough of experience in NFE, beaten stronger opponents than Pileosand in this tournament, and has more creative teambuilding in comparison. So it's a strong favour towards Tlenit.

Quantum Tesseract > OranBerryBlissey10
The closest matchup for this round. It's pretty logical to favour OranBerryBlissey10 here since he's one of the most active NFE mainers, has respectable wins on CrazyStevy and Jett, and having played with him, he has performed beyond my expectations. However, I've got a sudden feeling that Quantum will upset Oran. Perhaps because of Quantum has beaten good players himself(and maybe the fact he beat my r1 opponent), and based on the replays from r4 it looks like he has some grasp on how the meta work based on the teams. If you want to be factual, Oran would be the favourite by looking at his experience, and him as an NFE player. But fuck it, I'll trust my guts and gladly take the L if I'm wrong.

Avarice < Aesf
I think both of them are good players, but I see it going to Aesf's favour, and by a clear shot. He has won against Blinkboy and Xavgb, which I consider the "top players" in NFE. Meanwhile, Avarice's best wins are Ojr and Thiago and both of them aren't bad, but compare them both and it's Aesf's advantage on that part. I also think Aesf is having a good momentum right now. Like he's going to win this tournament.

But in the end, I think everyone has a chance to win. This tournament has practically many upsets that happened. Like I'm very surprised on the top 6 finalists, so I believe there's no free favour now. Which makes this more intense and hype really :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)