The newest, hippest, most controversial team, and it's all bugs!

Well, I decided I should make another Bug team now that I know more about battling, and the Mechanics of battling. It's going to be used in OU play, because I like Yanmega too much to leave her off of my team. So, here we go! (Drum roll please...)

The Opener!!!
Shuckle @ Life Orb! (joke... Really Lefties)
Nature: Impish
Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 204 SpD

Knock Off
Encore
Bide
Rest

This is a beautiful lead. Encore a jerk that thinks they can set up Calm Mind or something on Shuckle, knock off a choice item, or ruin a Focus Sash. Encore on a NVE attack, then bide it. There's a lot of options for this little turtle to run. Such massive def and Sdef makes this a tank. Very little hurts this, and there's always a way to deal with it... (usually xD)

The Cleaner!!!
Yanmega @ Expert Belt
Nature: Modest
Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Satk / 252 Spd

HP Ice / Ground ?
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Protect

This. Is. Sex. I love this pokemon. I've included it on every team I've ever done. Two great STABed attacks that rip through a lot of the threats in OU. Then, HP Ice for Dragons mostly, HP Ground for a lot better coverage. I'm leaning toward Ground since Garchomp was moved to Ubers I don't need the type coverage as much. Protect gives me an extra Speed Boost so I can avoid anything running jolly/timid, or is just faster than Yanmega. This is the main attacking force of my team.

The wannabe!
Drapion @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Thunder Fang / Fire Fang
Night slash

All right, all right... He's not really a bug, but he evolves from one, so throw me a bone alright? I needed something that didn't get obliterated by Fire... I'm leaning toward Fire Fang because Skarmory is a big problem for this team. Skarmory can easily wall every member of this team... It's a sad fact of life. So, hopefully, this can help ease that pain.

The new Heracross!
Scizor @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Technician
EVs: 84HP / 252Atk / 172Spd

Bullet Punch
Superpower
Roost
Swords Dance

Ok, maybe not, but I've never really liked using Choice Items, so I like Scizor better. Bullet punch is just great when give a Swords Dance. I love it. Super Power just rips through anything in Scizor's way unless it's NVE. I like having Roost on for the opportunity to let Scizor rest, but in all proability, I won't have the chance to use this too much.

The Pisser-offer
Parasect @ Leftovers
Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD

Spore
Toxic
Seed Bomb
Synthesis

A set I made up. A 100% Sleep move is just abuse. Throw in Toxic on something that might just run to get the additional damage and when that mean Sleep-clause comes into effect. Seed bomb to get move coverage out of my one-themed-team, and that's all there really is to this set.

BOOM!!!
Forretress @ Lefties
Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 162 SpD

Explosion!
Light Screen
EQ
Spikes

I don't put Rapid Spin on because if I encounter a SR user, it's most likely going to be something I can't counter to save my life. Honestly, SR rips through this team. I might as well just forfeit when it comes out, but w/e. Anyways. I've always liked just blowing up in the opponent's face, so this is a great use of that. Light Screen can be passed to my fellow bugs and spikes to set up some annoyance. Otherwise, nothing really special on this.

Major Threats
Stealth Rock. 'nough said.
Bronzong. Although I do have EQ and Fire Fang, it still always is annoying to deal with, and it sets up the dreaded SR.
Skarmory. Skarmory = entire team countered. ouch.

Closing

So, this is my team. It's not much, but I love using it. I've gotten a couple of fun times in with my old team on Shoddy, so I wanted to update this with what I've learned. The big changes are the removal of Ninjask and Venemoth in exchange for Scizor and Drapion. I switched Heracross out for Parasect because I needed a status inflicter, and Scizor was basically Heracross anyways. I realize this really can't hold its own in today's metagame, but I love bugs, and I love themed teams, so this goes well together. It's fun to play with, and that's all that matters to me. What I want, is some help making it more survivable.

Please don't give me comments like, fuck bugs, make a real team, or why not try putting at least one non-bug. I don't want to, so don't suggest it. If I wanted to do that, I would. Thanks!

Ensure Yanmega's HP IVs/EVs give it an odd number so it can switch into Steath Rock twice, although you spoke against Rapid Spin would really benefit this team.

What I'm going to do is to try to maximize your anti-fire-ness with this team.

First of all, Bide is absolutely useless. I'd rather put Earthquake there. Yes, Earthquake. Shuckle is your best chance to stay up to Heatran, so that 400 attack power can really help you out against slowing it down.

Another thing I'd do is change that Yanmega up. If you save it for a while, try using Substitute/Air Slash/Bug Buzz/Hidden Power Ground @ Petaya Berry. Opposing Stealth Rocks only help you out here, but that noramlly sweeps the shit out of shit.

We can always use a fast Poke in here that doesn't have to wait, meaning a Choice Scarfed Poke is nice. I'd probably want Heracross over Drapion to have fair game. Not to mention Heatran pretty much kills Drapion in a few hits with Fire Blast as it is anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)