The Momentum of Mega-Manectric

Hello! My name is Solosislove/Solosisfan and I have been a member for about a year. However, during that year, I have been a lurker. *gasp* Anyway, this is hopefully my second RMT that hasn't been locked. I am doing a UU Rate my Team because simply put, Overused is kinda bland and I was a fan of Never and Rarelyused in Black and White, so I am waiting for those to come out.
First, I wanted to start with a Pokemon that I have wanted to use since it got released, Mega
Manectric.

I needed a compliment to Mega Manectric, so I decided to add Florges as a cleric and a status remover.

I looked all around the UU tier for a defogger that isn't named Emploeon. I found no other reason in this spot to NOT use Specially Defensive Defog Mew. (SDDM)
(Look at it! It's like, Look at me! Im so Fudging cute!!!!!!!!)
That aside, I wanted a good revenge killer, but I also wanted someone that could create disarray by tricking or switcherooing. I considered using normal Manectric, but I got rid of that idea in the end. I thought of Rotom forms, and Rotom-Heat instantly popped into mind.

I then needed a setup sweeper. Critdra flew into mind, but I have too many special attackers. Kingdra seems good however, so I go for D-Dance Kingdra.

At this time and moment, this is when I thought that this is gonna become a Voltturn team, so I replaced Florges for Celebi and added Air Balloon Jolteon as the last member and the filler.

Jolteon, Mega Manectric and Rotom-H shared to many weaknesses so Dat Blast recommended Crobat and Mienshao in replacement of both of them.

Now, no more of that teambuilder stuff, lets get to the builds!
This is the format, taking Gyarados as an example.
Gyardos@Item(Item Picture)
Ability
Nature:
Happiness(If Needed)
Custom Iv's (If Needed)
Ev's:
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Move
-Move
(Overall use in the team)
Possible Changes: Note possible changes here if needed
-----------
Next Pokemon

Changes In Bold
\
Goku(Mega Manectric)@Manectricite

Ability: Lightningrod ---> Intimidate
Nature: Timid
Iv's: 0 Atk / 30 Def
Ev's: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Grass](Hidden Power [Ice])
-Overheat
Manectric is my main momentum keeper and wall breaker. His Intimidate is useful for stopping threats such as Mienshao. Overheat gets a secured 2HKO on Mega Aggron, 12% 1HKO if Stealth Rocks is up. Volt Switch is there to keep momentum, Thunderbolt wrecks anything that isn't resistant or immune to electric and Hidden Power [Ice] Hidden Power Grass is used for pesky ground types. I run 0 Atk to minimize Foul Play damage, and 30 Def is needed for Hidden Power [Ice] 30 SpA is needed for Hidden Power Grass. This is probably not going to leave the team.
----------

Candyman(Celebi)@Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Gentle
Ev's: 248 HP / 252(224) SpD / 4 (32) Spe
-Giga Drain
-U-Turn
-Stealth Rock
-Recover(Heal Bell)
Celebi is my replacement of Florges. Celebi's goal is to set Stealth Rocks up after I have defogged their entry hazards away and get rid of hazards. Celebi also has the pleasure of only U-Turner on the team! Due to having U-turn, it can scout (36 Speed allows to outspeed +1 Kingdra that is NOT Jolly.) Giga Drain is there for a reliable stab and the heal. Recover is there to instantly regenerate health when low and to stall out Pokemon that are not weak/nutruely affected by Giga Drain.(Nevermind 36 Speed dosn't help >.>)
----------

SO ADORABLE(Mew)@Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Calm
IV's: 0 Atk
Ev's: 252 Hp / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
-Softboiled
-Volt Switch
-Defog
-Toxic
Mew is a very important member of the team. He/she is my only Defogger, getting rid of hazards on this team is EXTREMELY important. I have no wish passer or form of healing, so Mew gets rid of those for me. (Did I not that he is also adorable?) Mew also has Volt Switch to keep momentum. I like Volt Switch over U-Turn because I want to minimize damage dealt by Foul Play, and Electric has better coverage then Bug.
Possible Changes: Wish over Softboiled, what do you guys think?
----------

Chuck Norris(Mienshao)@Choice Scarf

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Hasty
-High Jump Kick
-U-Turn
-Knock Off
-Stone Edge(Hidden Power [Ice])
A recommended replacement by Dat Blast. I have tested it and it works WONDERS. This pokemon takes care of many weaknesses in this team and acts as my Knock Off user. I run Regenerator due to having this team as a Volt-Turn team, Mienshao will be jumping in and out of the field alot. I run Hidden Power Ice because it deals with Grass types and Ground Types. Another reason is because Manectric's Hidden Power Ice was replaced with Hidden Power Grass by recommendation. Mienshao's Hidden Power Ice was replaced by Stone Edge and that allows my team to take care of the fairly common Crobat and other threats.
----------

Snipar's Clan(Kingdra)@Life Orb

Ability: Sniper
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
-Waterfall

-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Iron Head
Kingdra is usually an endgame sweeper, or a Pokemon to sack. He is either the win factor or completely useless. This used to be a Critdra, but then a certain specially defensive wall came into my battle (May or may not be Florges) and ruined my team. This set stops specially defensive walls. Iron Head may seem weird, but it's useful for destroying fairy types. Otherwise, this is a standard DD Kingdra set.
Possible Changes: Swift Swim > Sniper. Iron head replacement. Back to Critdra.

Dat Blast(Crobat)@Black Sludge

Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
Crobat, Again recommended by Dat Blast is a counter to most of the Pokemon that counter this team. Crobat can switch into Florges easily and switches into Mienshao easily and revenge kills. It's either this Crobat or Mienshao that leads the battle due to both of them having major speed and being able to scout.
----------
Goku (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

So Adorable! (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Chuck Norris (Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-Turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Snipar's Clan (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Candyman (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SDef / 40 Spd
Gentle Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Dat Blast (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn

The HTML code for the Hide keeps copying at the top, if I delete it, it comes back. The last one is the one with the Exportable. Sorry guys!
Past Team Members

Flower Power (Florges)@Leftovers

Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherpy
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
Florges was my Special Tank and was replaced by Celebi. Celebi outclasses Florges in this team due to U-Turn. When I first made this team, I did not know that it was going to be a Volt-Turn team, and when I did, it was an easy replacement. I really don't lose anything by going to Celebi as Celebi has Heal Bell, which was Flower Power's main role.
-----------

Toaster Oven(
Rotom-Heat)@Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
Iv's: 0 Atk
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
-Trick

-Overheat
-Volt Switch
-Shadow Ball
Rotom-Heat is an interesting Pokemon. Known as the best Rotom form in Fourth Gen and then the mediocre one in Fifth and Sixth Gen. He is a revenge killer, and a counter to set up sweepers. Trick is the best part of this set. It allows him to stop people from sweeping if they are setting up and to kill stallers. 0 Atk is to minimize Foul Play damage and the EV spread may seem weird, but this is the closest to a defensive tank that I have.

Shockafox(
Jolteon)@Air Balloon

Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid
Iv's: 0 Atk
Ev's: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-
Volt Switch

-Hyper Voice
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Thunderbolt
Jolteon is very questionable. He really does nothing for this team but act as a fast sweeper and two immunity's. Air Balloon helps if Rotom-H is dead, and Volt Absorb helps as well. This Pokemon is the most expendable in this team and I really don't use him in battles that often. His Hyper Voice is helpful for getting through substitutes, but otherwise Jolteon is subpar at best.
Replays!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-106819820
Solosislove VS BasedRQ
Celebi Wins the Carbink! (Very Close Match, Celebi and Crobat saved me, I made a major misplay in the first half of the battle)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-106823202

Solosislove VS Darkzard102
Mienshao saves me here, same with stealth rocks! Thank you to Darkzard102 for being a good sport!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-106977954
Solosislove VS PersonvonPerson
Troll Team? Mienshao puts in WORK!!! So yeah, this is a troll team, ended quite quickly. Dream Eater on Mega Absol O.O.

Attachments

Last edited:
I would use HP grass over HP ice on Mega Manectric, you're far more likely to see Swampert/Gastrodon than Flygon. Also, using jolteon and Mega Manectric is pretty redundant since Mega Manectric is a better version of jolteon, as you have said. Since there is a dire lack of physical attacks on your team, I would run Meinshao over Jolteon, although it doesn't have 2 immunities it will contribute far more.

Also, yellow text is damn near impossible to read.

Would you have a set for Meinshao that I should use on this team? Im predicting something like....
Chuck Norris (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk or Def
Hasty Nature
- U-Turn
- Knock Off
- Hi Jump Kick / Drain Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Also, I've been considering Hidden Power Grass on Manectric for a long time, Gastrodon is almost a direct counter to this team as Celebi gets stalled by Gastrodon as Giga Drain dosn't deal enough to 1HKO against a defensive set, so toxic + recover will eventually stall me out. Flygon would then become a problem for this team. However, Mienshao easily gets rid of him by almost a secured OHKO on Flygon with Hidden Power Ice. Ill try this out, and if this change is gonna happen, i will change Mega Manectric w/ Hidden Power [Grass]. Thank you Peterwee999!

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your team's main issue is that it stacks too many Pokémon with identical checks / counters together. For example, Manectric + Jolteon + Scarf Rotom-H are all stopped cold by bulky Ground-types, special walls, and the like, while Mew + Celebi stack weaknesses to Chandelure, Mega Houndoom, Heracross, etc. So my first suggestion is to replace both Jolteon and Rotom-H with Choice Scarf Mienshao. It can revenge kill and nab momentum with U-turn similar to Rotom-H, and helps fix your weakness to Mega Absol and Houndoom somewhat since it easily revenge kills both. That gives you an extra teamslot to patch up any last weaknesses, so I'd suggest using Defog Crobat in that slot. You're team is currently very weak to Fighting-types such as Mienshao and Heracross, as well as weak to Florges, so a Pokémon that can switch in on all three of them is great. In addition, Crobat's access to Defog allows you to get rid of Mew, who outside of Defog only really stacks weaknesses with Celebi. Currently, you're really in need of a way to pressure stall, so I'd replace Mew with bulky Curse Snorlax. Bulky Curselax with Rest can harass most defensive teams as they fail to break through it while it sets up. In addition, Snorlax patches up your weakness to Fire-types like Chandelure and Victini, who you'd have nothing to reliably switch in on otherwise.

Oh, and one more thing: Celebi should really be running Recover on its moveset (likely over Heal Bell or U-turn), because it's unable to properly wall things without recovery.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator / Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn / Taunt

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam / Return
- Crunch
- Rest

Celebi: Heal Bell --> Recover

Thank you! Im already adding Mienshao over Jolteon, but crobat is iffy. Mew is already a better defogger in my oppinion. I would like Heal Bell on celebi as my team is scepitble to Paralyzation and Poison, so i really need heal bell... Rotom-H is part of my FGW core so idk about snorlax, ill try it. But thank you!

Thank you! Im already adding Mienshao over Jolteon, but crobat is iffy. Mew is already a better defogger in my oppinion. I would like Heal Bell on celebi as my team is scepitble to Paralyzation and Poison, so i really need heal bell... Rotom-H is part of my FGW core so idk about snorlax, ill try it. But thank you!
Susceptible? Paralysis was the last status of your concern since you had three electric types + natural cure. Adding to that given that you are primarily a Volt-turning poison shouldn't bother you (and Crobat can take any incoming toxic) since you aren't staying in very long.

Regardless, status is not the problem of your team as much as pressure and if your opponent happens to find a set up opportunity as noted you lack the ability to immediately revenge or check some of those popular set ups due to the stacking of your team, which is what the suggestions actually help to patch up by actually dispersing that as well as dealing with obvious threats.

Last edited:
Yay! My team has been changed! I will post the changes in around 30 minutes. Thank you guys for all your support and helpfulness :D.

Dat Blast Also, Im trying to keep this team as volt-Turny as possible, so I will NOT be using Snorlax, but I will use the mienshao and Crobat in replacement of Rotom-H and Jolteon. Whenever someone helps me with the team, the pokemon's nickname will be their name. What pokemon would you want for your nickname? Crobat of Mienshao.

On Mienshao, I'd replace HP Ice with Stone Edge. With an uninvested 95 attack, High Jump Kick far outdamages HP Ice, even on 4x weak things like Flygon. Stone Edge provides much better coverage in general, and Grass/Ground types aren't enough of a threat to your team to warrant a specific slot.

Nice team!

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nice volturn team.

I'm not sure you need two defoggers to running taunt on mew or crobat could be very beneficial (especially on mew as it has toxic to help break down walls). I understand that you will be switching a lot but it might work.

May add more later. Nice team anyways.

I actually do need a counter to Nidoking, it has been ruining my laddering chances. I was thinking about Taunt on Crobat and Kingdra must be replaced for someone who is a nidoking counter, does Quagsire work in that spot? Preferably someone with volt-switch or U-turn. Thank you guys for helping me SO much!

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I actually do need a counter to Nidoking, it has been ruining my laddering chances. I was thinking about Taunt on Crobat and Kingdra must be replaced for someone who is a nidoking counter, does Quagsire work in that spot? Preferably someone with volt-switch or U-turn. Thank you guys for helping me SO much!
Nothing counters nidoking...

The closest you might come to a nidoking could teris probably umbreon as it has good SDef and focus blast is kind of rare on nido from y experience so maybe try that. Umbreon likes all of its move slots but it can run baton pass to be a pseudo volturner. It can also be that wisher and heal beller you need.

EDIT: I have no experience with quagsire and I don't know how well of a nidoking counter it is but I have used Argonaut (basically a better quag) in CAP and its pretty cool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)