Tournament The Mix and Mega Open [FINALS] - Won by Akashi

Welcome to the Mix and Mega Open!​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Mix and Mega ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays must be posted alongside the result.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.

FINALS

Akashi vs Quantum Tesseract
Megazard vs Quantum Tesseract
Megazard vs Akashi

Thank you to h_n_g_m_n for contributing the artwork for this tournament!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-545767585
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-545771872
first 2 games were a quick 1-1, nothing remarkable
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-545777300
This replay crashes early but g3 was... I dont even remember now but somewhere between 1300 and 1400 turns. For the last 600 or so (from the point my scizor got crit onwards, whatever turn that was) neither of us had any way to force a win but Jeran refused to just accept a draw and rematch specifically because he believed he could stay on and constantly switch longer than I could. Although he is 9 hours ahead of me, he said he'd get his brother or a bot to play for him. The game totaled 5.5 hours before M Dragon confirmed that the game should just be a tie and we should end it and rematch. However, because of the above facts, I am asking for a sportsmanship win vs jeran. I believe that attempting to win the game specifically by requiring me to resign or turning it from a match of pokemon to a match of who can stay on the longest is an incredibly dickish move, especially when he was perfectly clear on the fact that nobody would be winning through regular KOs. The rules say that "If a player displays exceedingly poor sportsmanship before, during, or after a tournament battle, they may be disqualified or otherwise punished", and I believe this is ample reason. However, I understand the reasoning why this might be turned down. If the win is not granted to me, we will complete game three tomorrow. I will likely be playing QT tomorrow as well.

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-546419647
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-546422858
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-546430476
here's the series that I won vs qt

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-546440954
and then lost the redo of g3 vs jeran. ngl pretty irked about how hard I got haxed in both g3s just bc I've used up just about every team I could possibly steal, might have to put off the second go of finals for a bit sorry

e: sorry bro, dont get the joke
e2: is it the you outplayed me hard part? still really lost on this, thinking about it too much so maybe it was a bait

Last edited:
love how people get outplayed most of the game then getting high roll is considered "hax'ed hard" but ggs!! looking forward to the next series

e: not a joke
e2: clearly u haven't played g3, guess ur 8 year old bro was playing for ya. u missed the fact that u had THE MU even then i outplayed 3 out of the 6 mons that 100% shit on my team, u r in no position to complain about hax lol especially when its just a "max roll"

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
e2: clearly u haven't played g3, guess ur 8 year old bro was playing for ya. u missed the fact that u had THE MU even then i outplayed 3 out of the 6 mons that 100% shit on my team, u r in no position to complain about hax lol especially when its just a "max roll"
i mean at least he wasnt going to get his brother to play for him while he was afk

MZ

love how people get outplayed most of the game then getting high roll is considered "hax'ed hard" but ggs!! looking forward to the next series

e: not a joke
First off, sorry for taking over this thread. I wouldnt have to do that if you didn't log off every time I tried to talk to you. The five and a half hour game was fine and I didn't give a shit about the hax (but thanks iLlama that post really helps). But continually attacking me and going as far as to PM people insulting me? I don't know what made you so defensive but seriously knock it off. Now since you wouldnt end a 5.5 hour game until someone forced you to, I assume that it'll take me convincing you it's illogical to actually stop.

I'm sorry that all the chat wanted to talk about after you won was the hax, but you won bro. There's no reason to attack me, your win isn't threatened, a win is a win and you got the reset because of that. You have no need to justify yourself. And the reason I thought this was a joke was because "hey look I outplayed you therefore don't complain" is completely ridiculous. Even I didn't even know the team I was passed had -def yveltal for some reason, neither of us knew you'd win there so unless outplayed means you tricked me into putting myself into a winning position then ok. For that matter, don't bring teams that half my team shits on. And why on Earth should the earlier game matter? There is no "deserved hax", there is just statistical improbabilities. You got lucky, you got the win, nobody is disputing that and I sure as hell don't care so why on earth is the winner being so much saltier here. Now move on and for the love of god don't attack somebody you beat fair and square in PMs, that's more ridiculous than the first g3.

Last edited:
First off, sorry for taking over this thread. I wouldnt have to do that if you didn't log off every time I tried to talk to you. The five and a half hour game was fine and I didn't give a shit about the hax (but thanks iLlama that post really helps). But continually attacking me and going as far as to PM people insulting me? I don't know what made you so defensive but seriously knock it off. Now since you wouldnt end a 5.5 hour game until someone forced you to, I assume that it'll take me convincing you it's illogical to actually stop.

I'm sorry that all the chat wanted to talk about after you won was the hax, but you won bro. There's no reason to attack me, your win isn't threatened, a win is a win and you got the reset because of that. You have no need to justify yourself. And the reason I thought this was a joke was because "hey look I outplayed you therefore don't complain" is completely ridiculous. Even I didn't even know the team I was passed had -def yveltal for some reason, neither of us knew you'd win there so unless outplayed means you tricked me into putting myself into a winning position then ok. For that matter, don't bring teams that half my team shits on. And why on Earth should the earlier game matter? There is no "deserved hax", there is just statistical improbabilities. You got lucky, you got the win, nobody is disputing that and I sure as hell don't care so why on earth is the winner being so much saltier here. Now move on and for the love of god don't attack somebody you beat fair and square in PMs, that's more ridiculous than the first g3.
lol let me go in piece by piece, the five hour game didnt affect me as much as it did to u couldnt even redo g3 the same time but w/e , it wasnt even long but i guess it was for most people. yh i pm'ed and ask some pu guy about you, man u were probably curious and wasnt trying to hide it but idc, i got my answer its good to see you say hax more than ur own name, no one is stopping u from complaining, u r just in no position to, u got outplayed out of ur shit then goes on to talk about a max roll but i guess its better being lucky and good than being lucky and bad. its just funny how like half the games u played to get to this point and even now was just bloody hax and nothing else. tricking you into a winning position? LOL u play chess right? how can i trick you into a winning position tell me because i was always winning( that turn u let rocks get on ur field again) most people or i should say pretty much every single person in the chat didnt see it but any smart person would of saw what my best course of action was in that kind of situation in g3 while u just continued to play ur worst.

have a good day everyone! look forward to saturday, its going to be alot of bloodshed!!

lol let me go in piece by piece, the five hour game didnt affect me as much as it did to u couldnt even redo g3 the same time but w/e , it wasnt even long but i guess it was for most people. yh i pm'ed and ask some pu guy about you, man u were probably curious and wasnt trying to hide it but idc, i got my answer its good to see you say hax more than ur own name, no one is stopping u from complaining, u r just in no position to, u got outplayed out of ur shit then goes on to talk about a max roll but i guess its better being lucky and good than being lucky and bad. its just funny how like half the games u played to get to this point and even now was just bloody hax and nothing else. tricking you into a winning position? LOL u play chess right? how can i trick you into a winning position tell me because i was always winning( that turn u let rocks get on ur field again) most people or i should say pretty much every single person in the chat didnt see it but any smart person would of saw what my best course of action was in that kind of situation in g3 while u just continued to play ur worst.

have a good day everyone! look forward to saturday, its going to be alot of bloodshed!!
Who's gonna wanna redo a match after one match took 5 hours. That's just absurd. Also don't talk about outplaying him. You were getting popped by a man who doesn't even play this tier. Your only win con was a 6% roll and you got it which means you had a 94% chance to lose and you "outplayed him?" Take the win bro. Taking it by getting a 6% roll and shittalking him afterwards is fucking disrespectful and a dick move. Also getting a bot to play your game to potentially make zard sit there to take the win is again not only absurd but incredibly disrespectful not only to zard, but the viewers and competitors of this tournament.

Last edited:
Who's gonna wanna redo a match after one match took 5 hours. That's just absurd. Also don't talk about outplaying him. You were getting popped by a man who doesn't even play this tier. Your only win con was a 6% roll and you got it which means you had a 94% chance to lose and you "outplayed him?" Take the win bro. Taking it by getting a 6% roll and shittalking him afterwards is fucking disrespectful and a dick move. Also getting a bot to play your game to potentially make zard sit there to take the win is again not only absurd but incredibly disrespectful not only to zard, but the viewers and competitors of this tournament.
good thing idc about any of that , watch the replay again if u honestly think so take me to the turn where he outplayed me and bopped on me i will wait, u r just as blind as the viewers lol. no one said anything about letting a bot play for me i would never go that low for a pokemon game lol just because it was long, long games like those are nothing for me but i guess thats the only valid point you have at least no one would want to play a next game after that GJ!!, all i said was that i WOULD let my 8 year old bro play cuz all he has to do is press 2 buttoms. also look up what outplaying means, because having 6% to win or 94% to lose has nothing to do with it, anything but 0 is good enough to win and the only chance i had was that because he had MU and 3 mons that 100% 6-0 my team its his fault for not realizing my only option of plays but i forgot u r just a viewer who doesnt know what the hell is going on. have a nice day

Reactions: PD
good thing idc about any of that , watch the replay again if u honestly think so take me to the turn where he outplayed me and bopped on me i will wait, u r just as blind as the viewers lol. no one said anything about letting a bot play for me i would never go that low for a pokemon game lol just because it was long, long games like those are nothing for me but i guess thats the only valid point you have at least no one would want to play a next game after that GJ!!, all i said was that i WOULD let my 8 year old bro play cuz all he has to do is press 2 buttoms. also look up what outplaying means, because having 6% to win or 94% to lose has nothing to do with it, anything but 0 is good enough to win and the only chance i had was that because he had MU and 3 mons that 100% 6-0 my team its his fault for not realizing my only option of plays but i forgot u r just a viewer who doesnt know what the hell is going on. have a nice day
I don't know this tier and have popped you many times in room tours on tournaments so don't even pretend I'm not skilled or experienced in pokemon. Fuck outta here. Bar the 2nd tail glow I agree with every play zard made that entire game. He gave himself the better odds to win which is what pokemon is my guy. He didn't need to predict because he had a solid MU. That's not him being dumb, that's him playing his cards to win. And yea. If he plays a 5 fucking hour game and you bring the same team and refuse the tie or redo, he could be there all fucking day and bar you no one has time to do that. That would have forced a forfeit which is obviously what you were trying to do if you were willing to essentially time him out by letting your brother play. Stop being a disrespectful prick. You got lucky and won, stop complaining. It is disrespectful as fuck to everyone here

MZ

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-549117238
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-549123936
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-549129252
after a couple of hard fought games I misclicked onto the one mon that could actually break through for a rather awful loss vs jeran. whoopsies but ggs nonetheless

mostly posting instead of him to say thanks for the support Plasmagby but frankly if he hasn't already realized how aggressively stupid the whole "outplayed" and therefore justified in trying to ruin someone's reputation on a pokemon server thing is (e: wrong of me to assume motive here, whatever it was for doesn't rly matter) pointing it out more probably isn't going to do much

Last edited:
I don't know this tier and have popped you many times in room tours on tournaments so don't even pretend I'm not skilled or experienced in pokemon. Fuck outta here. Bar the 2nd tail glow I agree with every play zard made that entire game. He gave himself the better odds to win which is what pokemon is my guy. He didn't need to predict because he had a solid MU. That's not him being dumb, that's him playing his cards to win. And yea. If he plays a 5 fucking hour game and you bring the same team and refuse the tie or redo, he could be there all fucking day and bar you no one has time to do that. That would have forced a forfeit which is obviously what you were trying to do if you were willing to essentially time him out by letting your brother play. Stop being a disrespectful prick. You got lucky and won, stop complaining. It is disrespectful as fuck to everyone here
OMG u beat me in roomtours in the tournaments room ( even thou i have beaten u everytime we play but w/e, uu,lc,nu etc but everytime u lost it was the " i dont play this meta" excuse like u r doing all now)
u must be good!!! and skilled and experienced in pokemon, look, the player quality in room is just as bad as u r lol. stop while u r ahead because u r only making the thread worse no one cares at this point but u. if u agree with his plays then ok that doesnt make them good . " u dont need to predict because u have a solid MU" man dunno what to say here. not complaining, i know i got lucky and won. just pointing out where u r wrong in every way.

anyways on to the important stuff.
won in 3 vs megazard in really great games
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-549117238
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-549123936
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-549129252

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)