The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

Wow, episodes 10 through 12 were incredible.

But you honestly could conclude that these episodes were written by M. Knight Shamalon. So many freaking plot twists. I couldn't believe Tarlock killed himself and Amon.

But there were a couple of things left unexplained.

What does "Amon" mean? Yeah, it's a name, but....

Why did Amon want to eliminate bending?

How did he (now revealed to be healable) take away bending via bloodbending?

Wow, episodes 10 through 12 were incredible.

But you honestly could conclude that these episodes were written by M. Knight Shamalon. So many freaking plot twists. I couldn't believe Tarlock killed himself and Amon.

But there were a couple of things left unexplained.

What does "Amon" mean? Yeah, it's a name, but....

Why did Amon want to eliminate bending?

How did he (now revealed to be healable) take away bending via bloodbending?
-I don't know what Amon means. We don't need to.

-Several clues were dropped to possible explanations-watch Noatak's/Tarrlok's childhoods again.

-I saw a post in this thread earlier that conjectured Amon used bloodbending to permanently damage chi paths used for elements one bends. It also would explain why Katara was unable to heal the injury. Energybending is used to restore the paths, thus allowing bending once more.

While I do see a plothole here (if Korra knows Amon is a bloodbender, why couldn't Katara [who knows how to bloodbend, even if reluctantly] attempt to reverse the process on a full moon? If the goal is to heal rather than to control...), it is otherwise satisfactory.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dont know exactly but amon probably has some relation to amor, which is the greek / latin / some other fucking old ass country word for love.

edit: lol or that.

"Amon may be an English phonetic spelling for "Aman" meaning "peace" in Indonesian and Malay, Sanskrit (अमन) and Urdu (امن). This may explain the Chinese ideogram 平, meaning "peace" on the chest of his previous character design. The 平 ideogram also means "fair" and "equal", matching the Equalists' name.
The Chinese transliteration for Amon's name, 阿蒙, can have a few meanings, but the most appropriate is "to cover"."

from the Avatar wiki

Found this:

"The second season, Book Two, will consist of 14 episodes. According to the series' creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, about half of the second season will take place in Republic City and the other half will take place in other areas of the world. As of June 2012, Book Two's writing had been completed and the season was in the process of being storyboarded and animated. No broadcast date has been announced"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Legend_of_Korra_episodes

Since its wikipedia, I'm not sure how much is true.

Also, maybe they will finally tell us what happened to Zuko's mother. Or not. Probably not...

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i feel so empty after having finished everything

that's how you know a series was truly great
This, 100%. simply QFT here but tbh this cannot be said enough. When i finished The Last Airbender on my second run through i felt just as upset and empty as I did the first time. You get so attached to the characters it's amazing.

yay hapiness ^_^
though i'll wonder what the story plot is going to be in season 2...
with korra getting her bending back so easilly .-.

I have heard they have even ordered episodes for a THIRD season of Legend of Korra. Not unrealistic, they do these things pretty far in advance.

I also think the name Amon is derived heavily from Anon, the wannabe hackers/whatever they are. They both wear masks, and only have 1 different letter. A bit surprised I haven't heard it from anyone else yet....

I have read 1 of the 3 The Promise comics, really worth looking at those. The fight scenes are hard to show in comic form, yet the plot is still pretty solid.

I'm excited to see more of the other characters, such as korra's parents, bumi and kya, etc. I can't wait!!

But 2013 fuuuuuuu

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Zuko looks like a fucking boss, maybe we'll see some Zoro-style triple sword action in a flashback someday?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)