ORAS UU The Gas Chamber - ToxicStall Team (Top 10 UU Suspect)

ToxicStall Team (Top 10 UU Suspect)

For the past week, I've been working on a concept which I've been fascinated with as of recent: toxic stall. With FindingTrueLove topping the ladder multiple times using an innovative stall team, I was driven to see how well a stall team could work using poison to whittle my opponents down whist playing defensively.

1) Ferroseed

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

If the new meta of UU demands players to take a more offensive approach to the game, Ferroseed isn’t taking much notice. With great typing and bulk, aided with eviolite, Ferro can prove to be more viable in UU than it might seem. Iron Barbs discourages foes from spinning and also racks up damage on physical attackers if they are seeded.

2) Tentacruel

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Resisting both of Ferroseed's weaknesses, Tentacruel makes the perfect partner for it. Cruel also provides this team with some hazzard control as well as a way of getting up toxic spikes. Statusing opposing pokemon either with Scald burns or Toxic Spikes allows Ferro to wear them down quickly while gaining health with Leech Seeds. Haze stops opposing threats such as Suicune and Snorlax from setting up.

3) Sableye

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Recover

With the team's main source of damage coming from stacked hazards, Sableye halts the opposition from removing hazards either by using either it's Ghost typing to negate spinners, or unforgivingly taunting deffogers. Sabeleye is a great addition to the team as it can 1v1 the majority of the meta, which will be an easy battle against statused adversaries.

4) Gyarados

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Toxic
- Taunt

With physical ground types being a threat to my team so far, Defensive Gyara fits in nicely. Roar can be dangerous with hazards stacked up on the enemy's side and also works as a phasing move, stopping opposing Pokemon from setting up on the team. Intimidate as well as great bulk discourages physical attackers from staying in against it; forcing switches is crucial on this team.

5) Mega-Steelix

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic

At this point, my team missed a way of getting up rocks and a Electric immunity. Mega-Steelix goes above and beyond expectations for this role, giving my team some physical offense as well as another Toxic; no one is safe from the poison!

6) Sylveon

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

The final piece to this project is Sylveon. Without a reliable cleric, the team could easily be dismantled, however, Sylveon's soothing voice sings "Hold You Down" by DJ Khaled to my team, doing exactly that. Passing wishes and chiming Heal Bell keeps my team in tip-top shape, making it as annoying as ever. This also gives my team a dragon immunity and a way of dealing with Fighting type opponents.

WE THE BEST!
THE TEAM:

http://pastebin.com/ffui0rhW

REPLAYS:

EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE:

SHOUTOUTS:

First of all, HUGE shout out to my DTA family, we're always motivating each other and getting better as a team:
  • Youthberry - One of most innovative players there is! Inspired me to use Ferroseed
  • CBU - The most loved figure in UU
  • Cubonesmotherr - Been there every step of the way "Stop being so emofag"
  • BadRapSample - Ridin' pretty
  • ZBen - LMFAOoOOoo
  • Haate - The best player in UU! Thanks Haate for the daily motivation: "You're so sh*t"
FindingTrueLove for inspiring me to make the team

Shoutout to J0RI5 for the support and help with developing the team

Thanks to Sparrow for giving me his Gyarados set (slightly changed)

HellfireCancer, for forfeiting against me!

Ehat, my motivator and best friend in PS! Couldn't have done it without him :D

IronBullet for giving me the courage to finally do an RMT!

Last edited:

CBU

Banned deucer.
mfw
To be honest i doubted that team at first but holly shit it does work(except that time we saced spinblock to 15 volt switches from forri). if i was forced to change anything i might have added a defog punisher since you base your win on hazards. But it is definately a really good team :D

I feel you would benefit more from 252Def 252Sdef EVs on Ferroseed. Most of the resists Ferroseed has are typically special attackers, this would allow you to utilise the eviolite and provide more opportunities to set up hazards.

Roserade , the nidos are dangerous, feroseed is not really a solution for those
Without a dedicated win condition, you are reduced to rely on hazard/status to force your opponent to death, thats really dangerous when most of your mon dont have their own recovery move.
The most important is that you enjoy with this team ( stupid people will tell you that you cant enjoy with stall team , just ignore)

Aww, thanks so much for the shoutout. That was sweet of you.

I faced this team on the ladder and I L-O-V-E it. Ferroseed is hot flaming fire, defensive Gyara is horribly underrated even though it's extremely effective, and Megalix is... *sighs dreamily*

Overall I think the team is extremely good and solid and I just love, love, love pretty much everything about it.

I was chatting about the team with Haate and someone else though earlier and we did think of a few things that might threaten the team, and I came up with one little improvement I think will help the team function even better (and, amazingly, will make it even more heat.)

First of all, when I faced this team I actually did win (it was a great game though) and one of the reasons why I won was because this team has no answer to Xatu (defensive Xatu, which is the normal set in UU, reliably beats Sableye 1v1.) Now, lately I'm not the only person using Xatu. pokemonisfun uses it on almost every team of theirs now, and I've seen a few other people using it high ladder as well.

And given that this team is hazard stacking stall, that's not ideal. Sableye also doesn't 100% consistently 1v1 Espeon.

The third person (sorry friend, whoever you are, I forget your name D:) pointed out that NP Azlef was a big threat to the team.

That's when it hit me. That Sableye... should be a Spiritomb.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Substitute/Pain Split (your choice)
- Will-O-Wisp

Take these flames, my child.

I have used this set extensively in UU myself and I can vouch that is is viable and effective. This set will let you beat Xatu, Espeon, and all Azelf sets consistently and also will also cost your team nothing important that I can see.

Spiritomb consistently switches in on and wisps Lucario, Cobalion, Toxicroak and other threatening physical sweepers. Infiltrator even gives it slightly more utility than Sableye in this department.

What you lose is general utility in Knock Off and Taunt but I believe that these are worth giving up, although they are very nice, in order to take on the tier's magic bouncers with greater consistency (given that you are a hazard stacking stall team, after all.)

I hope you consider taking this for a spin, but whether you do or don't I LOVE the team and can't wait to face it again. :D Really cool team dude.

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there! Cool team you've got going. Here are a couple of suggestions you can try out to improve it.

• Your team could use some more pressure against bulky waters, Suicune in particular. A very simple change that you could make to help with the team with the Suicune problem, and in general, is replacing Ferroseed with Chesnaught. Ferroseed is almost completely outclassed by Chesnaught in this tier and for good reason. Chesnaught offers your team the same utility that Ferroseed does with a moveset of Spikes / Wood Hammer / Leech Seed / Spiky Shield but also offers more offensive pressure against Suicune with Wood Hammer. Chesnaught is also a more bulky physical wall than Ferroseed is and can carry leftovers for passive recovery, which Ferroseed cannot without giving up its Eviolite. Here's the set:

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield​

• To further improve your matchup against Suicune, I would give Gyarados some more speed EVs so that it can outpace most Suicune variants. An EV spread of 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe would allow you to outspeed Suicunes who carry 52 Speed EVs and reliably phaze them out before they can phaze you out.

I hope this helped, and good luck with the team!

mfw
To be honest i doubted that team at first but holly shit it does work(except that time we saced spinblock to 15 volt switches from forri). if i was forced to change anything i might have added a defog punisher since you base your win on hazards. But it is definately a really good team :D
I feel you would benefit more from 252Def 252Sdef EVs on Ferroseed. Most of the resists Ferroseed has are typically special attackers, this would allow you to utilise the eviolite and provide more opportunities to set up hazards.
Hahaha thanks man! Don't even tempt me to put Contrary Shuckle on this team to punish deffogers;)

Thanks so much for this suggestion Haate! I have made this change and wow... It makes a huge difference! Now I can more comfortably switch in on Slveon, Floress etc.

Roserade , the nidos are dangerous, feroseed is not really a solution for those
Without a dedicated win condition, you are reduced to rely on hazard/status to force your opponent to death, thats really dangerous when most of your mon dont have their own recovery move.
The most important is that you enjoy with this team ( stupid people will tell you that you cant enjoy with stall team , just ignore)
Thank you so much for the comment ZBen! I've been thinking of replacing Bulky Gyarados with bulky Mence. This will perhaps help against Roserade and also give me some reliable recovery with Roost. How do you fee abouth this?

Hahaha thanks man! Don't even tempt me to put Contrary Shuckle on this team to punish deffogers;)

Thanks so much for this suggestion Haate! I have made this change and wow... It makes a huge difference! Now I can more comfortably switch in on Slveon, Floress etc.
Aww, thanks so much for the shoutout. That was sweet of you.

I faced this team on the ladder and I L-O-V-E it. Ferroseed is hot flaming fire, defensive Gyara is horribly underrated even though it's extremely effective, and Megalix is... *sighs dreamily*

Overall I think the team is extremely good and solid and I just love, love, love pretty much everything about it.

I was chatting about the team with Haate and someone else though earlier and we did think of a few things that might threaten the team, and I came up with one little improvement I think will help the team function even better (and, amazingly, will make it even more heat.)

First of all, when I faced this team I actually did win (it was a great game though) and one of the reasons why I won was because this team has no answer to Xatu (defensive Xatu, which is the normal set in UU, reliably beats Sableye 1v1.) Now, lately I'm not the only person using Xatu. pokemonisfun uses it on almost every team of theirs now, and I've seen a few other people using it high ladder as well.

And given that this team is hazard stacking stall, that's not ideal. Sableye also doesn't 100% consistently 1v1 Espeon.

The third person (sorry friend, whoever you are, I forget your name D:) pointed out that NP Azlef was a big threat to the team.

That's when it hit me. That Sableye... should be a Spiritomb.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Substitute/Pain Split (your choice)
- Will-O-Wisp

Take these flames, my child.

I have used this set extensively in UU myself and I can vouch that is is viable and effective. This set will let you beat Xatu, Espeon, and all Azelf sets consistently and also will also cost your team nothing important that I can see.

Spiritomb consistently switches in on and wisps Lucario, Cobalion, Toxicroak and other threatening physical sweepers. Infiltrator even gives it slightly more utility than Sableye in this department.

What you lose is general utility in Knock Off and Taunt but I believe that these are worth giving up, although they are very nice, in order to take on the tier's magic bouncers with greater consistency (given that you are a hazard stacking stall team, after all.)

I hope you consider taking this for a spin, but whether you do or don't I LOVE the team and can't wait to face it again. :D Really cool team dude.
Thanks so much for this feedback FTL! Been trying out Spiritomb and I it's been working wonders, I must say! It essentially does the same job as Sableye, with the same typing and it's moves really pack a punch! Having the option of pursuit trapping or sucker is so useful with hazards up, I love it.

I have some replays with the flames you gave me here:
As you can see, my team definitely benefits from having Spiritomb on my team, however, I do miss taunt: being able to shut down clerics and disallowing the oppositing to status me is key with this team.

Despite this, it's still early days, I will see if I can make any other changes to the team to make up for the loss of Taunt and keep you updated!

Thanks again for taking the time to read my RMT and comment, it means a lot! :D

Small but simple rate to the original squad. I really am fond of this team.

Toxic on gyarados seems needlessly redundant, earthquake would help your team manage opposing defog empoleons more smoothly overall and give freedom of play around otherwise obnoxious mon's like toxicroak while dragon tail over roar can still punish defog mence nicely and gives the team a way to force out magic bounce users without compromising sableye.

Stone edge over toxic on Mlix is another possible way to pressure the hell out of the likes of xatu and slaughter rotom-h and moltress on the switch (losing toxic on lix does suck though), forcing up rocks isn't full spikestack but it does allow for greater freedom of play.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)