The Future of Hazzard Prevention.

Alright so i'm starting a new series on my Youtube channel where I create a team in every tier from scratch and take it to the top 100 of the ladder before I move on to the next tier. I'm starting in NU. This was my team after reaching the top 100(Thatsa)

From team preview my team looks pretty standard. But thats just because my opponents can't see the 3 Focus Sashes i'm packing(Sawk also has Sturdy so that technically makes 4) My last 2 pokemon are standard walls. I think my team is pretty offensive overall. What it excels at is stopping my opponents from setting up their hazards, which are huge down here. Most of my pokemon carry taunt or some form of sleep inducement. This makes for some very gimmicky, fast games. Full of hax :)

Liepard @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Foul Play
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
It's the NU tier right? That means that Liepard has to be in the team. Sure it's hax and can be somewhat predicable. But that doesn't stop it from getting it's job done better than any other pokemon on my team. Taunting walls. The game can be lost if I let my opponents set up rocks. So having a +1 priority Taunt is very inportant. + Dem Hax

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Standard wall. I use him for backup in case something goes wrong and my opponents somehow manage to get their hazards up. I will never lead with him unless they don't have a hazzard user on their team. I could care less about setting up my own rocks. but i'll take it if it's free.

Butterfree @ Focus Sash
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Shadow Ball
My lead in almost all my games. Butterfree has a high enough speed to out speed almost every common lead in this tier. And with Compoundeyes it's slamming almost 100% accuracy Sleep Powders onto my opponents. Works great late game too if you happen to catch your opponent with a slow wall out. Put it to sleep and start setting up those Quiver Dances!

Sawk (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Taunt
- Knock Off
Everyone has seen the standard Choice Scarf Sawk. Well let me introduce you to the future, Lum Berry Sawk. Lum Berry Sawk excels where the old Choice Scarf version fails. He WANTS to fight all the Liepards and walls your opponent can throw at him. Take Liepard for an example. If I were choiced I would get paralized or confused and haxxed to the ground. But now My Lum berry proc's and I 1 shot it. Too easy. Same with walls. Toxic? Rocks? Nope, got Taunt for that too. Even have knock off for those pesky NFE Pokemon. The way I like to play him is to act like you are scarfed as long as possible, then bam! You are Ice punching Golurks and Taunting walls like a pro. GG EZ

Golbat @ Eviolite
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Taunt
- Super Fang
Been using this guy since the start of gen 5. By far the best wall in the tier imo. He is faster than any wall. and can't be poisoned. He is also bulky enough to eat almost any move and is able to Roost through it. Late game this guy cleans up

Jynx (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
Last but not least we have Jynx. My second sleep inducer in case Butterfree dies early. I usually get a couple kills a game from Jynx. Jynx is one of the fastest pokemon in the entire tier. This speed lets it set up easier than Butterfree most of the time. Lovely Kiss then Nasty Plot is a pretty standard combo. Having a focus sash allows me to do this without any fear. + having Dry Skin means I won't die to Aqua Jets after my Sash is proc'd. Great Pokemon for NU

THREATS
Scarfed Volt Switchers. Electabuzz/Zebstrika/Electrode. I don't have and Scarfs on my team so I can't really ever hit them. and my 2 walls can't really eat Sp. Attacks well. especially the electric kind. These guys are a problem. But I can handle it for the most part.

Camerupt This guy counters my Butterfree lead, and my Torkoal. Even Golbat can have a hard time with him. I don't have any water attacks on my team and most my Pokemon are weat to fire. Good thing these guys aren't too common.

Sap Sipper Miltank and Sasbuck. They stop me from leading with Butterfree. Have to use Jynx instead. Worst part is these guys have really good other ability they could use as well. So I never know until the mid game if they even have it or not!

CONCLUSION I really like this team and I've just recently hit the top 100 with it. I'm hanging around 1800 points and still climbing. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. But just remember that i'm not using "standard" move-sets or Pokemon for a reason. This is meant to be a fast win gimmicky team. Thanks for your time :)

Here are some vids from my livestream of me laddering with my team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6kTobQ8z-8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAdaZGze0qU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)