SS OU The Flight of the Condor

The Flight of the Condor
1CDE0A0C-76B6-4D39-BF7A-6249024C6D9E.jpeg

I’ve been bouncing around tiers a lot lately but I’ve always just been good at SS OU, so since I haven’t played it in a while I decided to build a team and this was the result (https://pokepast.es/4e83d77ce85e01cd)

———————————————————————
86C9D175-DD8D-40CB-B26E-FB5AB59A52FE.jpeg

Tornadus

I started the team with Tornadus because after playing gen6 ou I learned how good this silly bird was.

Tornadus has pretty good speed and an amazing ability in regenerator. Tornadus with heatwave can check Rillaboom and Kartana pretty well. Heavy duty boots is mandatory because it’s otherwise walled by stealth rocks and it can Defog all my problems away, it’s ability to serve as a fast revenge killer and spamming knock off because of its longevity with u-turn + Regenerator makes it a staple in the SS OU tier and this team.
3168B47A-136D-4941-BE3F-6BD16B95DC0F.png

Tapu Lele

Since Tornadus provides momentum it’s paired well with wallbreakers like Tapu Lele and since I wanted a fast counter to the very common garchomp Lele seemed like the perfect choice

Moonblast is the stab move of choice countering and pesky dragon types that otherwise counter my garchomp and dragapult

Focusblast and Shadowball are coverage for types that otherwise threaten the team, and psyshock is for specially defensive Pokémon that try to counter Lele like chansey.
C017DF33-C6F5-41D5-AE83-48D3C1AE089E.png

Kartana

Kartana is definitely one of most threatening wall breakers in the game I’ve mainly used it as a late game sweeper who can revenge kill and get a beast boost which can easily snowball into a sweep

it has coverage moves that can kill threats like Zapdos who threatens Tornadus. It can check flying types by knocking off their heavy duty boots and can even K.O Kartana after a beast boost with secret sword. It’s amazing speed and attack makes it a wonderful asset to the team.
8B413ABF-5595-4930-AB3F-96E07BE2182C.png

Magnezone

Similar to how magnemite can trap Ferro seed and set up on it in LC this is basically the equivalent to that in the OU tier

It can trap steel types (mainly ferrothorn) it can substitute to prevent leech seed from ferrothorn
Set up Irodefense and body press to wall physically attacking Pokémon that wont be ably to knock out its substitute immediately and can usually knock out a few Pokémon with body press and thunderbolt to deal damage to stuff like Tornadus-t with heat wave.
6FDFFE6A-FB8C-4533-95C4-60492C6DCFAA.png

Garchomp

Garchomp serves as a set up sweeper with swords dance and decent speed, and scale shot is used to outspeed slower revenge killers. Earthquake is a good stab move that can effectively one shot a lot of Pokémon and fire fang is for coverage against ice types, and steel types like Corvinkight. Garchomp is walled by Choiceband weaviles ice shard so watch out for that
896EB7D1-922C-40CF-9D8E-589FAB78A1C2.png

Dragapult

Specs Drafapult high special attack a high speed tier and so many coverage moves with like hydro pump and flame thrower it can catch a lot of Pokémon off guard and get the K.O because of it. It also oneshots other dragapults with shadowball/Dracometeor.

Thanks for checking out my RMT let me know what I can improve the team on and have a nice day :)

Its a really nice team , but i feel like there are some areas where u can change some things for a better performance

ok so , starting with the kartana , since you are using a life orb i would suggest using swords dance instead of smart strike with which you can setup on a mon such has tyrnaitar , blissey , even lando , life orb is nice but you could also consider a set with adrenaline orb (which is uncommon) which will give kartana the speed boost it needs to outspeed weavile , zeraora , and torn-t . It may seem that you lose on power but thats why we have swords dance , we can swords dance on a mon which cant beat us , potentially bait the lando which is really common in the meta game , and get the +1 speed boost and proceed to sweep , its a risk reward factor , you risk not ohkoing all mons but then after the speed boost you even outspeed regieleki , weavile and zeraora which otherwise threaten to revenge kill you.overall adrenaline orb is optional but i strongly suggest to add swords dance. changing smart strike seems the most obvious because if you remove leaf blade , you dont always ohko toxapex , garchomp with +1 life orb and knock off is there to break mons which resist both of kartana's stab moves and sacred sword is pretty self explanatory.

For the magnezone , magnet rise with 252+ speed seems to be a better option than substitute
reasons : you will outspeed all slower landos with 0 speed any nature but even with +4 def magnezone gets 2hkoed by 0 atk lando in this case , magnet rise will help magnezone beat a slow lando in 1v1 which can be really helpful at times.

you might also want draco meteor on dragapult as a powerful stab which does insane damage with choice specs

Last edited:
No offense but there isn't anything really special about this team. There's minimum momentum with just Torn. The team is super weak to weavile. The only reason the team will succeed at all is due to Kartana but even then if they stay in on a bluff scarf you lose Kart. There's no way of dealing with Unaware Clefable as well; if it cosmic powers it's pretty much GG. Toxic setters, whirlwind users(less used), Red Card, etc. Are kind of standard at the moment due to the lack of Wall Breaking in this meta.

I'd recommend checking out Team building guides by EmVee or anyone.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
No offense but there isn't anything really special about this team. There's minimum momentum with just Torn. The team is super weak to weavile. The only reason the team will succeed at all is due to Kartana but even then if they stay in on a bluff scarf you lose Kart. There's no way of dealing with Unaware Clefable as well; if it cosmic powers it's pretty much GG. Toxic setters, whirlwind users(less used), Red Card, etc. Are kind of standard at the moment due to the lack of Wall Breaking in this meta.

I'd recommend checking out Team building guides by EmVee or anyone.
What do you mean there’s minimum momentum? Lele is great at forcing progress and Dragapult can win games on its own. I tried the team out a bit and although it struggles against some things including opposing Dragapult, it worked quite well. Unaware Clef can be dealt with by pivoting in Kartana before it gets too many boosts, although admittedly it can become a 50/50 with Flamethrower involved. nobody uses Red Card

Fancy1 don’t be discouraged, the team’s great. I would recommend Banded Kartana over Life Orb though. I also think Heatran fits your team better than Magnezone does, it does the job of powerful bulky Steel the best imo and it gives you a check to Dragapult that lack a Water move.

What do you mean there’s minimum momentum? Lele is great at forcing progress and Dragapult can win games on its own. I tried the team out a bit and although it struggles against some things including opposing Dragapult, it worked quite well. Unaware Clef can be dealt with by pivoting in Kartana before it gets too many boosts, although admittedly it can become a 50/50 with Flamethrower involved. nobody uses Red Card

Fancy1 don’t be discouraged, the team’s great. I would recommend Banded Kartana over Life Orb though. I also think Heatran fits your team better than Magnezone does, it does the job of powerful bulky Steel the best imo and it gives you a check to Dragapult that lack a Water move.
I was only stating weaknesses. If you took the comment as discouraging, then you've clearly misunderstood what I've stated. However I do agree with the Heatran comment. On any team you need to account for common threats. Red Card is a rough statement by me however I've used it plenty. Lele isn't that great for building due to its lack of move pool. Running shadow ball isn't viable unless your accounting for Aegislash even then it won't do enough damage to justify having it. There's still a huge gap for weavile to instantly start sweeping unless terrain is up. Call me if you'd like but I used the team a decent chunk.

Also reading the first comment for this thread "I’ve always just been good at SS OU." Is a bold statement. I was only looking for teams to use due to building teams so often in 1800s.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Weavile does require careful play but it’s not impossible. Keep Dragapult alive and you can always force it out after a KO. Alternatively, you could make Kartana Scarfed to threaten it that way (although that too requires a safe switch)

I can't wait to use this team
I would run Specs Lele instead of Scarf, you have 2 speed control mons in the form of Dragapult and Torn-T. Garchomp would still be a problem though.
I'd also replace Smart Strike for Swords Dance or just go Band/Scarf Kart.
Offensive Buzzwole can both check Weavile and Garchomp and works really well with Torn, I think replacing Kart for it would better 'glue' the team together if you get what I mean

Edit: Also the set the Torn can be improved, try 248 HP, 36 Phys. Def, 56 Sp. Def, 168 Speed and a Timid Nature.
Makes it more bulky so it can check Grass Types.

Lele isn't that great for building due to its lack of move pool. Running shadow ball isn't viable unless your accounting for Aegislash even then it won't do enough damage to justify having it.
I am offended by your statement. Tapu Lele doesn't need any extra moves or a better move pool. Psyshock, Moonblast and Focus Blast is all it needs to at least 2HKO every mon in the tier barring Aegislash which gets 2HKO'd by Shadow Ball most of the time. Please do not speak about Tapu Lele without me (the authority) present to prevent further misinformation

Last edited:
This is the offensive set that I use. Buzzwole is mad bulky so it shouldn't struggle versus things it usually checks
Earthquake can lure in Tapu Koko in certain scenarios, so I would keep it instead of Thunderpunch

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 152 HP / 168 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)