The First Wheneverual Safari Festival: Better Late Than Never

Like goodie bar mentioned, without Item Clause Id probally make a team with 5 Choiced Pokemon with some sort of wall, then sweep the fuck out of teams since there really isnt that much in the way of good walls.
You really have no idea how quick, intense, and fun offensive v. offensive is.

Yes I does...I still prefer mixed teams though. Especially since there isnt much in the way of variety to abuse resistances and immunities, which is how I like my Offensive teams..

Exeggcute - #102 (Timid)
HP: 5 - 9
Att: 12 - 15
Def: 28 - 31
SpA: 26 - 29
SpD: 0 - 1
Speed: 0 - 3

sonofabitch.

might keep anyway, speed shouldnty be that much of a problem...

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh no......

Honestly, I just had to pick this time of year, of all years, to give my Diamond game to my little brother to amuse himself, right when an interesting tournament pops up.

And he now lives in America.

Oh well, I probably wouldn't have time anyway.

Pineco - #204 (Impish)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 9 - 11
Def: 18 - 19
SpA: 22 - 24
SpD: 25 - 27
Speed: 6 - 8

The defense is a bit low, Should I go for a better one?

Can't at all guarantee how much of a competitor I will be, since I only have access to diamond... But if I can whip together a team in time, I'll give this a shot.
I'm always up for more of a challenge than I'm capable of handling, and I should have a [possibly bad natured/IV'd] team by the 21st XD

Put me on the ??? list for now, I suppose, I'll know for sure whether or not I'll take part by the 14th and post again.

[edit]
Is accupressure banned via evasion clause?
It does have a chance of raising Evasion, a chance of sharply rasing it at that..
1 in 7 chance of it.

And someone please tell me that something in the DP safari can learn stealth rock other than Bibarel x_x
I've got a set for Bibarel, but it needs setup that isn't often found with its defenses. >>;

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Oh no......

Honestly, I just had to pick this time of year, of all years, to give my Diamond game to my little brother to amuse himself, right when an interesting tournament pops up.

And he now lives in America.

Oh well, I probably wouldn't have time anyway.
Sorry to hear. ._. Well, at least glad to hear you like it.

Can't at all guarantee how much of a competitor I will be, since I only have access to diamond... But if I can whip together a team in time, I'll give this a shot.
I'm always up for more of a challenge than I'm capable of handling, and I should have a [possibly bad natured/IV'd] team by the 21st XD

Put me on the ??? list for now, I suppose, I'll know for sure whether or not I'll take part by the 14th and post again.

[edit]
Is accupressure banned via evasion clause?
It does have a chance of raising Evasion, a chance of sharply rasing it at that..
1 in 7 chance of it.

And someone please tell me that something in the DP safari can learn stealth rock other than Bibarel x_x
I've got a set for Bibarel, but it needs setup that isn't often found with its defenses. >>;
I'm allowing Acupressure to stay.

Any concrete dates on start time or what not?

There has been a lot of activity on this from a few people but from some other the others who are "in" not so much. I think we have to talk to everyone individually and make sure they are still committed to this.

There are some people who haven't posted in here or anything they've caught in LWIB since the first day this opened up. I'd just hate for us to get to a couple days before and have people drop out, not giving the subs enough time to prepare teams.

Posted this because I really want to battle each round, I hate the idea of getting a free win.

Erm... I asked about Accupressure because I thought evasion clause was standard...

I don't see it on the list of restrictions ^^;
Does that mean evasion is allowed?

Rules:
0. 16 participants is the current max. If more interest is expressed, this will be increased to 32.
1. Battles will be conducted in a Singles Battle format, 6v6, with Pokémon up to level 50 permitted.
2. All Pokémon must be captured from the Safari Zone or Great Marsh of any third- or fourth-generation Pokémon game (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, or Pearl).
3. As a direct result of Rule 2, no Pokémon may have Egg Moves, or be in any ball other than a Safari Ball. Moves learned from Move Tutors are permitted, such as any third-generation game learning moves from the Battle Frontier Move Tutors. Moves learned by TM or HM are also permitted, as are level-up moves learned at level 50 or before.
4. Pokémon caught in a third-generation game and evolved in that game are not permitted to have fourth-generation abilities. Likewise, Pokémon that do not evolve and come from a third-generation game must not have a fourth-generation ability. (Pokémon caught in a third-generation game and evolved in a fourth-generation game are permitted to have fourth-generation abilities, should the ability switch upon evolving.) The following are thus not permitted in this tournament: Miltank with Scrappy, Pinsir with Mold Breaker, Scyther with Technician, Shuckle with Gluttony, Stantler with Frisk, Tauros with Anger Point.
5. Although available in the Safari Zone of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, Wobbuffet is not permitted to be a member of any team taking place in the tournament. Although available in the Safari Zone of FireRed and LeafGreen, Chansey and Blissey are not permitted to be a member of any team taking place in the tournament. Dragonite, a Pokémon that evolves from Dragonair at level 55, is also not permitted, as a result of rule 1; despite an event that has a level 50 Dragonite, that is not able to be caught. Finally, Gyarados has been proven to be an unbalanced force within these rules, and has also been excluded from usage.
6. No two Pokémon may hold the same item. (Item Clause.) Nor can they be "luck items". (Hax Item Clause.)
7. No two Pokémon may be of the same species. (Species Clause.) Previous and alternate evolutions are permitted.
8. You may not choose a move that would intentionally put more than one of your opponent's Pokémon to Sleep. (Sleep Clause) Likewise, no one-hit KO moves (OHKO Clause).
9. The tournament style will be “Single Elimination Format”.
10. All matches are to be played on Wi-Fi, as a direct result of rule 2.
11. Only Pokémon legally caught in Safari Balls, in the Safari Zone, are eligible, as a direct result of rule 2.
12. Use of the Pomeg glitch to circumnavigate any issue is forbidden. Likewise, usage of game-altering devices in methods to capture the Pokemon is forbidden, although things like infinite Rare Candies are quite fine.
13. As always, pairing will be random.
14. I will take a slot in the tournament only in the event that one slot remains to be filled, and no further people seem to express interest.
15. Platinum moves/tutors are not allowed on Pokemon that do not: 1. come caught from third-gen, and 2. cannot learn that move or those moves from tutors in the third-gen. Sorry. D: To clarify, since this doesn't seem to be getting through, pretend Platinum doesn't exist. It's only being used as a tool to teach third-gen move tutors to third-gen-caught Pokemon.
16. Do not use a self KO move when it's 1 vs 1 to force a tie, in that event, the user of the self-ko move loses. (Last Self-KO Clause)
17. The following games are allowed for origins of Safari Ball-caught Pokemon: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl.
It's been answered that Accupressure will be allowed, even if the evasion clause is present; my point was, The evasion clause isn't mentioned in the rules [as quoted above]. Was this overlooked, or will double team be allowed?

Modest Speed Boost Yanma
27/11/17/22/3/3 HP Electric 67

Speed not much of a problem because of Speed Boost and HP Electric for those damn Sharpedos and Golducks :)

Like goodie bar mentioned, without Item Clause Id probally make a team with 5 Choiced Pokemon with some sort of wall, then sweep the fuck out of teams since there really isnt that much in the way of good walls.

Edit:

lololololololol at Ambitions

Carvanha - #318 (Adamant)
HP: 23 - 25
Att: 27 - 30
Def: 19 - 21
SpA: 30
SpD: 8 - 9
Speed: 23 - 25
I was trying to discourage him from using it. I also just realized that the 30 in SpAtt...is in SpAtt..

I taught my Sharpedo to consume algae. Take a look at its IV's

Mild
28/28/1/31/0/27

No idea what the Hidden power is, but the attacking and speed IV's rule at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)