XY Ubers The final chapters of PISTOLERO, Part I

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The final chapters of PISTOLERO, Part I

During the past two weeks or so I started making teams again for XY Ubers. I made teams to help dabroyo and James Jimmy on the suspect ladder and they both managed to get 2400 so congratulations to them both, the hours spent on Piratepad insulting them and deleting tons of their teams clearly paid off. I personally didn't play with these teams a lot, if at all, but watching Dabroyo and JJ ladder with them gave me clear insights into how the teams work and led to new teams being built. They both asked me to write up RMTs of each team, so this is the first one, maybe I'll write RMTs for the other ones too.

Noone likes laddering for suspect tests as it takes ages. The first teams that i made for Dabroyo and JJ were bulky offense with Calm Mind / Refresh Arceus, which trampled the ladder but took absolutely ages. Dabroyo then sent me an early version of this team which sucked ass, I deleted half the team members and changed the sets on the other three and ended up with this team, which worked very nicely against opposing HO teams, which as I'm sure everyone knows ran riot on the ladder. Originally this team ran something like Deoxys-A or Deoxys-S as the hazard lead, i can't remember.

Teambuilding video with James Jimmy

zzzz

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor

In an effort to counterteam the suspect ladder I floated the idea of using Toxic Spikes and Dabroyo jumped on it. Toxic Spikes are fantastic as they ruin opposing offensive teams, with things like Blaziken, Xerneas and Extremekiller taking ridiculous amounts of damage each turn to the point that if they were able to set up, they sure as hell weren't gonna sweep. Toxic Spikes + Spikes damage pushes Geomancy Xerneas into +2 Extremespeed range, pushes Blaziken into Extremespeed range after one turn, etc. Don't forget Pin Missile, it gets rid of Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A,

Scolipede actually also served as a Geomancy Xerneas check as thanks to Speed Boost and Sash, it can Endeavor and then Pin Missile it whilst outspeeding +2 Xerneas at +1.

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

Scarf Zekrom works very nicely on this team as Ground-types are easily taken care of by everything else. I changed it from Naughty Draco Meteor to Jolly Sleep Talk as it needed to come out on top against all Kyogre and Draco Meteor being redundant due to the rest of the team. JJ lost to Timid Specs Kyogre on Sticky Web which is why I changed it, and the next time he encountered that guy he won 6-0. It was also nice to Volt Switch off of Deoxys-Attack, and all-in-all provided a solid Scarfer. Locking yourself into Outrage is rare as spamming Bolt Strike tends to OHKO all the things you'd Outrage anyway, and Geomancy Xerneas is ruined by Toxic Spikes so even if you do Outrage it won't lead to losing to Xerneas

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Swords Dance

Extremekiller Arceus was on every team on the ladder and this team is no different. People seem to forget that it's not just able to set up, and that Extremespeed is indispensable for revenge killing things like Blaziken. Fire Blast is to get rid of Ferrothorn and Scizor, and also does half to 252 HP in sun. Shadow Claw is not needed as Darkrai tramples Arceus-Ghost and both Giratina formes. This used to be Adamant Silk Scarf before I saw the team, but Jolly was just so much better against the ladder. You can say that Overheat is better because it OHKOes Ferrothorn but that's what Spikes are for, and Fire Blast 2HKOes Groudon whilst Overheat does not.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Icy Wind
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Gengar was used as a catch-all and was originally added to get rid of defensive fairies, Landorus-Therian and Gliscor so that Scarf Zekrom could use its STAB moves without being supremely irritated every turn. It also checks Extremekiller Arceus with Focus Blast and you can play games with Mega Evolving against Ground-types too. It also gets to Mega Evolve early vs Deoxys-Speed offense, of which there was a lot. Taunt was forgone for Icy Wind, and HP Fire was not needed as Arceus carried Fire Blast. Icy Wind is also nice to catch Scarf users and to prevent certain things setting up etc.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Dark Void

I added Darkrai to complement Extremekiller and for general firepower. You'd think that Toxic Spikes + Dark Void would clash but most of the time Dark Void was used to send Yveltal, Giratina-Origin or Ho-Oh off to sleep, with Toxic Spikes adequately ruining everything else. Taunt over Nasty Plot was to prevent Defog from Arceus and to ruin Baton Pass, and also prevents things from setting up on you post-Dark Void if you really can't afford to let them set up. JJ tried Nasty Plot and we ended up going back to Taunt, as smart use of Taunt means that you can get the upper hand against Sticky Web teams due to being able to put Shuckle to sleep. Life Orb Sludge Bomb also means that Xerneas will not be setting up on you, and the poison is taken care of by Toxic Spikes.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb / Chilan Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Dabroyo wanted to use Life Orb Landorus-Therian with Stealth Rock, so all I did was float Chilan Berry as an option just to be completely safe vs Extremekiller, which was the most common thing on the ladder, and I changed the nature to Jolly. Life Orb is probably the more consistent option as you can screw up Support Arceus that try to Defog your hazards - if they burn you you blow up then stop them with Darkrai, if they Defog you blow up and OHKO them, as well as giving Earthquake a sizeable kick. Intimidate is also nice in general, and Landorus-Therian is immune to Sticky Web too which helps.

I made this team for Dabroyo and James Jimmy and they are the ones who played with it and broke 2400 using it (kudos to both by the way), so I'm not going to respond to this thread as Dabroyo asked me to write the RMT for him and reading rates will be kindof boring, so I'll leave the responses to him and JJ. All I'll say is that teambuilding and watching the two of them ladder was nice, even though the Ubers tier is progressively getting worse. I miss DPP Ubers, I really do.

Shoutouts:

dabroyo and James Jimmy for giving me a bad team and for making me build team after team after team after team after team with this, that and the other. The things you guys were using before were so unbelievably stupid oml

ApplepieFTW Joryn absdaddy Hack Aquasition UXQ MegaMan775 Darknesscrusher Aidin PoweredByRevenge

that's it, it's called the final chapters for a reason

goodbye au revoir

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Swords Dance

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Icy Wind
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Dark Void

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb / Chilan Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Nice team Pistolero, with that said there are a few things i would change on your team.

First of all i think u should consider running Overheat instead of Fire Blast on your Arceus to be able to ohko ferrothorn since most teams won't force you to use Overheat twice and also moving the 4 EVs from Spa to Def to give genesect the Spa boost and finally you could try to use Shadow Claw over Earthquake to hit thing like Arceus-Ghost and Giratina harder. Furthermore i think you could try nasty plot instead of taunt on Darkrai and see wich move u like the most, and finally you also forgot to add the nature to Darkrai wich should be Timid

Wish you luck in your life and goodbye @[.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey PISTOLERO,

Nice team! I do have a few suggestions though, but nothing major seeing as it's a pretty solid team. Firstly, I would like to suggest running an Adamant nature on Zekrom. The main draw of this is 2HKO'ing support Arceus formes, which is important to prevent defog. Additionally, while you said that the reason for Jolly was versus Timid SpecsOgre on Webs, Jolly Landorus-T actually outspeeds that and does a ton of damage, Ekiller messes with it, it doesn't switch in for free, Spikes+TSpikes wears it down, and for these reasons, you shouldn't struggle that badly. Timid Scarfogre is a joke; it doesn't KO Zekrom anyways and Ekiller can damage it in a pinch to add up with hazard damage. Secondly, I would suggest a spread of 180 SpA / 76 SpD / 252+ Spe for Gengar, allowing you to survive a +2 Moonblast from Xerneas without hazards if it comes down to that. It just gives you an added safety net since Scoli is probably dead and if you are forced to risk missing or need to use Outrage with Zekrom. Finally, I understand that LO Lando-T is something that was asked for on this team, but I think something like Earth Plate Lando-T with U-Turn would be more interesting because it has cool synergy with Gengar.

OPTIMIZATION:

4 Defense > 4 SpA on Arceus, it actually lessens Genesect's effectiveness in trying to explode on you while the SpA boost is pretty insignificant.
Taunt Gengar might be better than Focus Blast, for defog and annoying other stallier mons but it could easily go either way.

Good luck!

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
4 Defense > 4 SpA on Arceus, it actually lessens Genesect's effectiveness in trying to explode on you while the SpA boost is pretty insignificant.
I realize this is the nitpickest of nitpicks, but with his current spread Genesect still gets a SpA boost (Download boosts SpA when defense stats are equal). I mean we are only talking about 4 EVs here but I just want to clarify that Gene already gets a SpA boost not a Atk boost with the current EVs.

am sry ur leaving m8 will miss u :[. about running adamant nature on zek,i agree as its needed to smash supportceus with Bolt Strike.I also suggested to PISTOLERO to run Nasty Plot as it allows darkrai to sweep once it's counters are weakened.About Haxiom's post of using Jolly Earth Plate Landorus-T i think that is a good suggestion though i like LO Landorus for it's Mexicanness and also not being Defog bait which would be very detrimental to any HO especially spikes stacking ones like these.also,the gengar spread that haxiom suggested is a good idea and is one i wanted PISTOLERO to make but he preferred full out attacking Gengar. PISTOLERO i will miss u a lot and i wish u best of luck for ur future endeavors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)