The F-W-G Core HeatRadeCune

Well, I Haven t did a RMT team in a While so thats why im posting. This team i came up with off the fly didn't do no testing on shoody just made it up in my box and did a few battle with it. The, original team was preety good had struggles here and there but no team is perfect. Original team record 21-5. Adjusted team record 6-0

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP/248 Atk/20 Def/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
---
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion
---
This is one of the best bulky leads ever designed, capable of beating almost every other lead with its combination of attacks. Bullet Punch is a priority move that will ruin sashes of suicude leads like Infernape and Azelf. Earthquake is for OHKOing Infernape and 2HKOing other Metagross and Shuca berry Heatran. Meteor Mash for Stab and the occasional Attack Raise and Explode for When Meta is useless.

Heatran (M) @ Shucca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rocks
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

---
Recommended by Faladran. Heatran adds several resistances to time,It attracts Suicune, Gyarados, Swampert, Blissey.Well, the moveset and EVs are quite obvious and standard. Fire Blast for STAB and Earth Power for coverage. Max SAtk to hit hard and max speed because he had no place more useful = D.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost
---
Recommended by Faladran.Glisocr is herer for two puposes to taunt things and to putting status on other pokes. Glisor, is another poke who find is way onto most of my team with its bulk and abilty to taunt.Earthquake is an appropriate name for this set because it wreaks havoc and chaos on your opponent! Taunt your opponent so they can´t set up Stealth Rock, status you, or set up. Roost off the damage they try to inflict on you and Earthquake them for good damage.

Roserade (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot
- Rest
- Spikes
---
Roserades moveset was also a difficult one to come to a conclusion on. I used an ev and nautre spread that gave me some considerable special bulk which was somewhat lacking on the team this far. Roserade also has enough defensive evs so it can switch into physical attacks as well that it resist and take them a little bit more repectably.Spikes are the fuel of a stall team. They are extremely helpful in retaining the momentum of a battle, and if one chooses to forego them, it is much harder in wearing down the opponent's team. Grass Knot to get rid of the Bulky Waters and Hp Fire to dent Steel types. Rest, cause of Natural Cure

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 30 HP/252 Spd/228 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- HP Electric
- Surf
- Ice Beam
---
The star of the team. With the offensive Calm Mind set, the only true counter is Blissey, as the three attacks provide near perfect coverage. With the use of Leftovers as the item, I am able to bluff a more defensive set, making Suicune even more dangerous. Also, a very useful Gyarados counter. By having three attacks, it allows Suicune to deal with pokemon such as Salamence that attempt to set up believing it only has Surf and Hidden Power Electric. Also, it is my secondary fire resist if my Heatran dies in the early game.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadowball
- Trick

Platinum gave Gengar a great move in Trick which allows it to render walls almost completely useless. Tricking a choice scarf onto something such as Blissey means that it is gonna have a hard time being of much use for the rest of the match.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't understand why you're using Passho Berry Heatran and you have 3 Pokemon in your team that resist Water-type attacks.

Use Life Orb or Choice Specs, and if you're gonna use Choice Specs then use Overheat > Fire Blast.

I don't understand why you're using Passho Berry Heatran and you have 3 Pokemon in your team that resist Water-type attacks.

Use Life Orb or Choice Specs, and if you're gonna use Choice Specs then use Overheat > Fire Blast.
I Use Passho Berry Tran so that if Gyra does get a dance i can survive a waterfall and KO Back with HP Electric

I agree with Arikado. PasshoTran is a great set, but it is best utilized on teams that have trouble with opposing Water-types. You happen to have Roserade on this team, who deals with the aforementioned Waters very well, even setting up Spikes on them. Using Passho Heatran with HP Electric is a very shaky and unreliable maneuver, considering that some variants of Gyarados have a good chance to KO through the berry after Stealth Rock damage. An easy way to fix this problem would be to simply replace Substitute with HP Electric on Suicune's moveset, giving you a very reliable Gyarados check. A straight-out offensive set on Suicune would likely be ideal for this team, considering SubCM Suicune functions best with Toxic Spikes support (although that option is also worth consideration). This will also allow Heatran to run a different set. Standard ShucaTran helps against Shaymin, although LO is also notable for its immense damage output. It is highly advisable to put Explosion on Heatran's moveset, as this will eliminate special walls so that they cannot block Suicune from sweeping later in the game. I would also recommend having Heatran as your Stealth Rock user, since it tends to find many opportunities to set up. Making this change will allow you to run Toxic on Gliscor's moveset, giving you an additional weapon to utilize against more defensive teams.

One very important issue to address is your lack of a spinblocker. On a team such as yours that utilizes entry hazards, a Ghost-type is absolutely essential to prevent opposing Rapid Spin users from clearing away your hard-earned Spikes / Stealth Rock. Gliscor and Dragonite are the most replaceable members of this team, although the former has the notable advantage of serving as a check to SD Lucario. Since you also have a bit of a weakness to opposing DD Dragonite, I think that the following Scarf Rotom-W set could function quite nicely as a spinblocker:

[box]

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Hydro Pump
- Trick[/box]
In addition to serving as a very reliable offensive spinblocker, Rotom-W also functions quite well as a revenge killer. In case Suicune isn't able to check Gyarados, Rotom-W makes for a good additional precaution. Hidden Power Ice gives you a means to check opposing +1 Dragonite, allowing you to deal a very significant portion of damage. Hydro Pump deters Tyranitar from switching in, as most variants will be 2HKO'd after some damage from entry hazards. Trick finalizes this moveset by crippling special walls that switch in to sponge Rotom-W's attacks, making it more difficult for them to function properly.

Good luck!

I agree with Arikado. PasshoTran is a great set, but it is best utilized on teams that have trouble with opposing Water-types. You happen to have Roserade on this team, who deals with the aforementioned Waters very well, even setting up Spikes on them. Using Passho Heatran with HP Electric is a very shaky and unreliable maneuver, considering that some variants of Gyarados have a good chance to KO through the berry after Stealth Rock damage. An easy way to fix this problem would be to simply replace Substitute with HP Electric on Suicune's moveset, giving you a very reliable Gyarados check. A straight-out offensive set on Suicune would likely be ideal for this team, considering SubCM Suicune functions best with Toxic Spikes support (although that option is also worth consideration). This will also allow Heatran to run a different set. Standard ShucaTran helps against Shaymin, although LO is also notable for its immense damage output. It is highly advisable to put Explosion on Heatran's moveset, as this will eliminate special walls so that they cannot block Suicune from sweeping later in the game. I would also recommend having Heatran as your Stealth Rock user, since it tends to find many opportunities to set up. Making this change will allow you to run Toxic on Gliscor's moveset, giving you an additional weapon to utilize against more defensive teams.

One very important issue to address is your lack of a spinblocker. On a team such as yours that utilizes entry hazards, a Ghost-type is absolutely essential to prevent opposing Rapid Spin users from clearing away your hard-earned Spikes / Stealth Rock. Gliscor and Dragonite are the most replaceable members of this team, although the former has the notable advantage of serving as a check to SD Lucario. Since you also have a bit of a weakness to opposing DD Dragonite, I think that the following Scarf Rotom-W set could function quite nicely as a spinblocker:

[box]

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Hydro Pump
- Trick[/box]
In addition to serving as a very reliable offensive spinblocker, Rotom-W also functions quite well as a revenge killer. In case Suicune isn't able to check Gyarados, Rotom-W makes for a good additional precaution. Hidden Power Ice gives you a means to check opposing +1 Dragonite, allowing you to deal a very significant portion of damage. Hydro Pump deters Tyranitar from switching in, as most variants will be 2HKO'd after some damage from entry hazards. Trick finalizes this moveset by crippling special walls that switch in to sponge Rotom-W's attacks, making it more difficult for them to function properly.

Good luck!
D-Nite will be the odd man out for Rotom-W. Plus, Just on 1 of the website i play on Rotom-W cant be used yet so just in case can u name a second option for Rotom-W

In case Rotom formes are not allowed, the closest offensive spinblocker I can think of would be Choice Scarf Gengar. Its moveset is actually quite similar to Rotom's, but it is slightly less bulky (although it possesses much higher Speed and Special Attack). Gengar also has a lot of extra options that you can experiment with, but I would definitely suggest having Shadow Ball for STAB, HP Ice for revenge killing DD Dragonite, and HP Fighting / Focus Blast to hit Tyranitar switch-ins. Trick is a good move for the last slot, as it gives you a way to deal with troublesome stat-up Pokemon and special walls. Thunderbolt could also work if you have trouble with Gyarados, but Suicune should have that threat quite well-covered.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, this seems to be an excellent team you have here. It has a nice strategy going on and the Pokemon you are using have great synergy with each other, allowing the team to execute its strategy while also putting constant pressure upon the opponent and making sure that their attempts at thwarting your strategy are thwarted themselves. However, I see a couple of problems this team has; most notably to dragon dance Dragonite as well as offensive Lucario. Your main check to these Pokemon, Gengar is easily taken out by the likes of Scizor and Tyranitar which are both commonly paired up with both of the aforementioned threats. Also, Tyranitar/Scizor coupled up with basically any rapid spinner (notably Starmie) will wreck your team's overall strategic capabilities.

[box]

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Fire
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute[/box]
To help with these problems, I'll suggest a couple of changes which you may want to test out as they might prove to be beneficial. First of all, I think you should add Stealth Rock on either Metagross or Gliscor (preferably the former as the latter needs its current move set) and remove Heatran from your team and replace it with choice scarf Flygon. Flygon will be able to stop the likes of Suicune, Gyarados and Blissey, which Heatran did (although this may imbalance the core of your team) while also giving your team a revenge killer, allowing you to change your Gengar variant. On a team that needs entry hazards such as this one, i don't think you should include a spin blocker which is easily revenge killed by opposing forces. Instead, I recommend you replace you current Gengar variant with the Substitute, 3 attacks variant which still presents an immense offensive threat, but at the same time, due to substitute, it becomes harder t kill for the likes of Tyranitar and Scizor, allowing Gengar to repeatedly switch into spinning efforts but the opposing team through out the entire battle. I hope this has helped, and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)