The Everything NFL Thread v2.0

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
BALTIMORE Ravens baby... happy Festivus everyone!

My Predictions were:

Ravens > Titans
Panthers > Cardinals (haha)
Eagles > Giants
Pittsburgh > San Diego

Baltimore vs Pittsburgh round three would be very interesting... I am hoping for an Eagles Ravens Superbowl.

I am very surprised the Ravens won today, as the Titans exposed our Short Pass weakness and lack of being able to solo tackle. The Turnovers in the Red Zone have saved us both games... I hope it continues!

Also, that is the only call I can remember from this season that was controversial that actually went the Ravens' way... heh.

Well, 1-1 so far...tomorrow should be interesting.

That Titans/Ravens game was just wrong...seriously, talk about lousy refs, they essentially cost the Titans the game; there is no way they would have made that play/catch if forced back another 5 yards. Not to say either side was playing that great, but still...damn cheaters...

And lol to all those picking Panthers. The Cardinals are definitely on fire now, (hopefully) it'll continue on into next week VS either the Eagles or Giants, both of whom handed the them pretty bad losses.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm so happy the Ravens won today ^_^. Today they played with such guts after the Titans doubled their yardage due to a dominant offensive line. The Ravens forced 3 turnovers, with Bart Scott having an instrumental role and Ray Lewis leading the defense superbly, even though Ed Reed had a quiet game by his lofty standards.

I picked the Panthers like everyone else, but I also said in this very thread that I wouldn't be suprised by an upset if the Cardinals rushing D stepped up to support its already brilliant offense. After DeAngelo Williams made good yardage to commence the game, and with Carolina scoring the play after, I thought that the Cardinals weren't up to the task. But full credit to their defense for punishing Williams and co for the rest of the game. They are a very dangerous team that I'd hate to have to play at this stage of the season. Can't wait till tomorrow's action :).

You did not watch the game if you think that the Ravens had a good win today, omni. That was a terribly played game that they did everything in their power to lose. Without an extreme amount of luck (three turnovers, two lucky fumbles; the Titans missing several easy interception chances; the missed kick; the no-call on the delay of game followed by a bullshit 20 yard gain (probably because the Titans slacked off knowing a delay of game was coming)) the Ravens lose. They played terribly.

wow i was gone all day, come home check nfl.com and...

what the fuck

summary shows that the titans lost 2-3 red zone opportunities, just one of which would have totally changed the game. sloppy football = sloppy loss.

speaking of sloppy

yay delhomme.

i wanted both of these teams to win though. as a steelers fan, i'd rather face the ravens at home than the titans on the road. and cardinals are just kind of a lol team that i have a soft spot for because they've sucked so bad for so long and have a variety of former steelers coaches at the helm.

would like the eagles to win so cards get to host another game and maybe make it to the super bowl. CARDINALS IN THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL???

also go steelers. best team left in the afc. nothing's a given though, look at the cards lol.

Man I'm so happy the cards won. Even though I though they were going to lose lol. So now that they won my playoff record for pics is 4-2. Darn you Cardinals and Chargers.

5-1 now with my only bad pick being the Colts. Hopefully the Eagles will deliver tomorrow so I can go to a home NFC Champ game, and Steelers will take out the Chargers.

Cards have been looking surprisingly good lately, but the Eagles and Giants have better defenses than the NFC South teams. I see Eagles as being the better team right now, but I'd rather have Arizona playing at home in warm weather against the Eagles, than have to play in the cold against the Giants.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You did not watch the game if you think that the Ravens had a good win today, omni. That was a terribly played game that they did everything in their power to lose. Without an extreme amount of luck (three turnovers, two lucky fumbles; the Titans missing several easy interception chances; the missed kick; the no-call on the delay of game followed by a bullshit 20 yard gain (probably because the Titans slacked off knowing a delay of game was coming)) the Ravens lose. They played terribly.
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Every time I see you post it's "blah blah got lucky" or "blah blah played terribly" or something. Why don't you give some credit to the Ravens for getting it done when they NEEDED to (despite, yes, having a rather dubious overall performance). Or maybe attribute the Titans losing to the TITANS fucking it up for themselves. Quit blaming the refs or injuries or the WINNING team for shit that wasn't their fault.

Unfortunately this is right. Titans /dominated/ that game and should have won. They should have been leading 21/7 at half. The ravens /should/ have lost that game, but the titans screwed up at key moments. And the lack of delay of game was bullocks.

you can't say that the lack of delay of game would have prevented ravens from converting that. the call should have been made for them to be in that opportunity, but in no ways does it mean titans would have guaranteed won. flacco completed like a 10+ yard on that play anyways. of course he might not have with more 'pressure' from the extra 5 yards but in no way did that call 'give' the ravens the game.

I was pretty happy that the Ravens won yesterday. The Panthers had a hiccup and I laughed at them getting owned. My pics for today are:

Chargers over the Steelers
Eagles over the Giants.

Bai bai top seeds.

The Chargers will beat the steelers if they can establish some sort of a running game with Sproles. They also gotta get to Big Ben to take advantage of his injury xD. I'm a Chargers fan so of course I'm going to pick them. If the Chargers win today maybe it'll shut some of you haters up =P.

Eagles just because they are playing with lots of passion and the Giants don't have any momentum and are kind rusty.

So yeah lets see if I can go 3-1 for the week:pimp:

Without an extreme amount of luck (three turnovers, two lucky fumbles; the Titans missing several easy interception chances; the missed kick; the no-call on the delay of game followed by a bullshit 20 yard gain (probably because the Titans slacked off knowing a delay of game was coming)) the Ravens lose. They played terribly.
Errr, there was nothing lucky on the one INT by Collins. Dude made a horrible play and floated a ball that had no business being thrown. Rolle made a good play on the ball.

LenWhale's fumble was caused by a pretty sick hit by I believe it was Leonhard.

I wouldn't call it luck. This isn't Sand Veil hax, and it wasn't the wind slightly altering the course of a FG ball to let it hit off the upright and fumble in good instead of sail wide and miss. It might not have been a well-played game on EITHER side of the ball, but the Ravens aren't this ghastly team of fortune. They made plays on defense that they had to make, and if anything, Tennessee played more horribly than they did, given that they had HFA.

hahahaha what the fuck this is crazy. giants going down to the eagles?

cardinals hosting the champ game?

titans and giants, both number 1 seeds, both going down to the 6 seeds? has that ever happened before? wtf.

oh my god.

this is ridiculous.

and i love it.

love nfl <3

edit just saw that harrison got the ap defensive player of the year award. good shit.

I'd like to thank Steve Smith for providing me some great laughs at the end of that game. Priceless, like he just wanted the game to be over.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES~!

2/3 is probably my best record this entire season in terms of picking winning teams but go fucking chargers

now that lt is out we can see that beast of a backup rb shine

sprolesssssssssssssssssssssssss

edit in my personal opinion we should name the autobiography of jake delhomme's life sloppy seconds

Well, even though I didn't bet on the Eagles, I did want them to win, it was a nice upset. Now, let's see if the Steelers can at least keep me 2-2 on predictions. I also can realistically see Cardinals in the Super Bowl now, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)