hey guys why so serious in this thread it's fucking football

the picks that will undoubtedly get me flamed:

Titans vs. Ravens

Chargers vs. Steelers

Panthers vs. Cardinals fuck da panthers, jake delhomme is a homosexual

Giants vs. Eagles

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ravens/Titans Ravens D is way too good to let Tennessee win.

Chargers/Steelers Sprolllllles!

Panthers
/ Cards Panthers eat Cardinals.

Giants / Eagles no explanation needed.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well, a random Internet message board newbie said they have no chance, we might as well just crown their ass now and not even play the game.

Giants will beat the eagles for sure. The only reason they lost in the regular season was because of that plexico crap that the team had to deal with

To all those whining about the Chargers being in the playoffs at 8-8, remember, they should be 9-7 due to a blown call at the last minute of week two basically handing the Broncos the game. If that game had been called right none of this would be an issue, and only a total idiot would argue that that call being right wouldn't have resulted in a chargers win.

That and both the chargers advanced, so they're obviously for real. Same with the cards.
They still would not be in at 9-7 and utterly miss the playoffs...so who the fuck cares? That is the single stupidest justification in history.

I really like how everyone, due to being tasked with going for tradition (stupidity) over common sense (intelligence) must resort to the polemic of people calling for sensibility whiners.

The Chargers won in an overtime in which only they received the ball. That win is therefore meaningless; and, of course, they never get that close if they are playing at Indianapolis instead of at home.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, all you people choosing the Chargers over the Steelers are idiots; There is absolutely no way except for a fluke for them to win.
I'm a steelers fan, and you're embarassing me. As this year in the NFL has shown, nothing is certain. Though I believe the Steelers are a better team than the Chargers, you never know what could happen. Big Ben could throw 3 interceptions that are run back for TDs. Chargers line could have a few good plays that open up a hole for Sproles to go on huge TD runs. A bomb could go off in the steelers locker room annihilating their entire team. My point is you never know what's gonna happen until the game is played. Seeds mean nothing. Stats mean nothing. It's all about who comes to play on Sunday and who leaves their game at home.

They still would not be in at 9-7 and utterly miss the playoffs...so who the fuck cares? That is the single stupidest justification in history.

I really like how everyone, due to being tasked with going for tradition (stupidity) over common sense (intelligence) must resort to the polemic of people calling for sensibility whiners.

The Chargers won in an overtime in which only they received the ball. That win is therefore meaningless; and, of course, they never get that close if they are playing at Indianapolis instead of at home.
I agree with everything you said until the end of your post. How is a win meaningless? Did the Chargers not play their hearts out? The Chargers got the ball first in OT, but that is not an automatic win...I know that the OT NFL rules are stupid as all hell, but you can't change them.

When they go to Indianaplois?
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29522&season=2007&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&week=POST19

Here are my picks for next week...

Ravens vs. Titans
- I think Ravens will rely on their defense to much and Flaco will throw to many Pick 6's.

Steelers vs. Chargers
- I HATE the Steelers after beating my Seahawks in the Super Bowl, but I have a feeling Steelers will walk all over San Diego. To me, Sand Diego doesn't have much of a defense, But with Big Ben suffering from a little injury he may make it a little tougher for the Steelers to win.

Eagles vs. Giants
- This game takes place with my home town team, the Eagles. How I HATE THEM. I'm pretty sure it's going to be cold in Jersey this week where the Giants will be playing. Knowing McNabb and how he plays in the cold, he'll choke up (or maybe even throw-up) like in every other playoff game.

Cardinals vs. Panthers
- Panthers have been looking gpod past couple of games. I think they'll pull away from the Cardinals if Warner throws too many picks, which he has a tendency to do.

Well, here's the picks. I think they are pretty accurate. I really don't care this year though because the Seahawks aren't in it... lol.

I really don't agree with this. Football is not just offense. I know the game is much more offensively-minded than before, but the Colts do have a defense that held the Chargers to only 14 points until crunch time.

Yeah, but it's not fair to expect one team to only play defense because they lost a coin flip. Both teams should get the opportunity to play offense and both teams should have to feel the pressure of playing defense.

Ravens vs. Titans - I am liking the Ravens defense right now and Flacco surprises me at at times.
Steelers vs. Chargers - Could be close IMO.
Eagles vs. Giants - History tells me to choose the Giants
Cardinals vs. Panthers - I feel the Panthers are the team to go ahead here.

I agree with everything you said until the end of your post. How is a win meaningless? Did the Chargers not play their hearts out? The Chargers got the ball first in OT, but that is not an automatic win...I know that the OT NFL rules are stupid as all hell, but you can't change them.
It is utterly without meaning because it is a fraudulent result. Everything up until the overtime (arguably) holds its meaning (Colts fans will argue the referees screwed them on one particular play with Saturday in an unforgiveable manner, no one else will care), but the overtime result is entirely false. That is why it is meaningless to me. The WWE is meaningless because it is staged, so why is this overtime (in which one team gets an overwhelming advantage suddenly) meaningful?

Yes, they could quite easily be changed. We can change them - we could massively protest them, send hundreds of thousands of letters and millions of e-mails. But everyone is too fucking stupidly apathetic.

Yes, the pitiful '9-7' Chargers of 2009 that should not have made the playoffs are surely as good of a team as the Chargers of 2008.

Ravens at Titans
Chargers at Steelers
Eagles at Giants
Cardinals at Panthers

These are going to be the winners this weekend. I'm only hoping that both games in the NFC end up differently than I picked. I'd much rather see the Eagles at the Cardinals in the NFC championship game lol.

Cardinals one game away from the Superbowl would be epic.

Alas, I think they are probably the most likely team to lose this weekend.

It is utterly without meaning because it is a fraudulent result. Everything up until the overtime (arguably) holds its meaning (Colts fans will argue the referees screwed them on one particular play with Saturday in an unforgiveable manner, no one else will care), but the overtime result is entirely false. That is why it is meaningless to me. The WWE is meaningless because it is staged, so why is this overtime (in which one team gets an overwhelming advantage suddenly) meaningful?

Yes, they could quite easily be changed. We can change them - we could massively protest them, send hundreds of thousands of letters and millions of e-mails. But everyone is too fucking stupidly apathetic.

Yes, the pitiful '9-7' Chargers of 2009 that should not have made the playoffs are surely as good of a team as the Chargers of 2008.
I do not even know why I am still arguing about this. I completely agree that the overtime rules are bull shit. The only thing I disagree with you is saying the win is meaningless. Each team has a 50% chance of winning that damned coin flip. It isn't fair to say they do not deserve that win because they scored first.

id rather see them have to kick field goals to see who gets ball first (both kickers start at 30, if both make, go to 40, then go to 50, ect., if they both miss redo the round).

or just do it the college way but have each team start with the ball at the 50 yard line so you just can kick a field goal right away if the other team doesnt score.

Totally not playoff or overtime related but the Saints just fired Gary Gibbs, their defensive coordinator.

Hoo-ray.

Carry on.

Ravens v. Titans- The defense is what'll win this game
Chargers v. Steelers- Being a Steelers fan, I have to side with the Burgh
Cardinals v. Panthers- The Cards can't pull off another win like last week.
Eagles v. Giants- The Eagles will win this week, then McNabb'll choke next week.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As much as people hate the current OT system, the winner of the coin flip only wins 52% of the time.
That's overall. In the last 5 years the winner of the coin flip won 68% of the time, and 39% on the first possession. In the first 5 years after the system was implemented in 1974, the winner of the coin flip won the game 49.58% of the time, and the game was won on the first possession 27%.

Still, I don't think a team that has to defend first can use that as an excuse for losing. Defense is still a part of football, whether or not offense has opened up in recent years. You have to be able to play defense. If you don't do that and lose the game, you can't blame anyone but yourselves.

BAL > TEN
PIT > SD
CAR > ARZ
PHI > NYG

two wildcards to the championship finals. but what do i know, i was 1-3 last week :(
EDIT: oh and Ravens Superbowl. I'm pulling for Ravens-Panthers.

I didn't get on here to make predictions last week, but here are mine for this week.

Eagles > Giants
Carolina > Cardinals
Titans > Ravens
Chargers > Steelers (big reach here, but Chargers are hottest team in playoffs and Big Ben isn't 100%)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)