The Everything NFL Thread v2.0

Lol, so I'm guessing a one year contract?

And the Bucs seemed to have gotten a good trade with the Giants. The seem to have a much improved offense, but on defense...

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ONE YEAR CONTRACT
If you truly intend to keep him for one year, you just blew 6+ million dollars. The Bills will not be title contenders this year; their offensive line will likely be worse in the beginning of 2009 than it was at the end of 2008, Edwards is still a work in progress, and Lynch needs to rebound from a sub-par season.

He likely doesn't get you to the playoffs; New England will be back to their top 3 ways (if Brady's healthy) and the Dolphins will be no pushover. The Jets are in transition, but they still have a lot of talent.

Owens

1: Is either a locker room risk or a one-year rental.
2: Isn't the TO he once was.
3: Doesn't play on the offensive line.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
If you truly intend to keep him for one year, you just blew 6+ million dollars. The Bills will not be title contenders this year; their offensive line will likely be worse in the beginning of 2009 than it was at the end of 2008, Edwards is still a work in progress, and Lynch needs to rebound from a sub-par season.
Dude, what? He missed time at the end of the season for injury, he played great last year. Statistics aren't everything, if you saw the games like I did where he continually ran over people and turned nothing into big yardage you'd understand.

On the whole, I see that you just don't get it. This isn't about title contention! This isn't really even about the playoffs, although we obviously want to get there. This is about relevance. This is about respect.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
Kill. Dan. Snyder.

He has made the Washington Redskins franchise a laughingstock. Again.

Not to mention that we could be hit with tampering for Haynesworth and lose draft picks.

What an embarrassment.

With that said, it's easy to put up good numbers when you have awesome WRs, an excellent O-Line, and a coach who can make guys off Smogon into 1000 yard backs. Not to mention that Cutler has been a choker so far in his career, and has never been to the playoffs.

I personally am a Texans fan, and am sympatchetic about what happened to Moats. God bless him and his mother in law. I am glad that cop quit.

Thank god we didnt deal for cutler, but on the other hand im worried Campbell is going to pull a Cutler and feel betrayed.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
Don't worry.

Unlike Cutler, Jason Campbell is a class act, is a consummate professional, and takes everything in stride.

If anything, Jason will come out better next year.

I personally love Jason Campbell I'm just praying we can get some youth on out offensive line. Give him a chance to show what he has.

Bears landing Cutler is definitely big, they finally have someone solid there. Now if they can improve on their other areas, they should make a nice run for the NFC North (NFC, right?)

Attempting to ship out Jason Campbell to get Jay Cutler may be the strangest sports move of the year so far. Dan Snyder strives to make every season hilarious.

Bears landing Cutler is definitely big, they finally have someone solid there. Now if they can improve on their other areas, they should make a nice run for the NFC North (NFC, right?)
Sadly that trade was so lopsided it isn't even funny. Cutler is vastly overrated and choked hard at the end of the season (don't even try to blame someone else, it was his fault). He is certainly better than Orton but he is definitely NOT worth the picks they gave up for him. He may win the Bears 1 or 2 more games but he will choke again at the end of the season and the trade will all be for naught.

They ran out of running backs and opposing teams knew theyd be throwing on almost every down. That wasn't really choking.

Sadly that trade was so lopsided it isn't even funny. Cutler is vastly overrated and choked hard at the end of the season (don't even try to blame someone else, it was his fault). He is certainly better than Orton but he is definitely NOT worth the picks they gave up for him. He may win the Bears 1 or 2 more games but he will choke again at the end of the season and the trade will all be for naught.
Lol, I agree with the choking part, almost as bad as the way Panthers lost to the Cards in their playoff run. At any rate, I was happy with that since I was rooting for San Diego to pull through.

But overall, I do think he is a solid QB. Granted, I do also think the Bears might have paid a little too much for him (especially when those picks could have been used to improve other areas), but they are hedging on the fact Cutler will get better, which I think he will. And of course, if they make it into the playoffs and the Broncos are out, I'd think it'd be a reasonable trade-off from the Bears' point of view.

"Understand this: it remains about team," Bowlen wrote. "Our franchise has gone to the Super Bowl six times, with three different coaches and with many different players. It has never been about one player, and it never will be. Coach McDaniels shares this vision, and everyone in the organization -- players, coaches and staff -- must understand and accept this unconditionally. If anyone does not, that person will not be a part of this franchise."

So McDaniels is excused for also being an idiot, I guess, or maybe the owner was the one urging him to cause this shitstorm in the first place!

it was all a plot to get some first round picks

kyle orton will be a decent quarterback if the broncos don't go through 10 running backs again

i wonder what the broncos get with their first rounders now?

Did you guys hear about the new Regi golem, Regibush? ho ho ho ho.

Seriously guys I think the Eagles are going to win 5 games this year and kill me slowly ;[

cant wait for the draft... I'm so hyped.
I swear to god if the Lions pick Matthew Stafford #1 I will flip, and I am not even a Lions fan.

Here is what I think they should do:

- #1 draft choice goes to Michael Crabtree.
- Get him and Calvin Johnson working together.
- Do awful next year.
- Draft Bradford/McCoy/Tebow first round the following year.

Face it, the lions are going nowhere fast, so why not build some more. Go for a more sure thing with Bradford/McCoy/Tebow over a Stafford or Sanchez.

With one of those QBs and a receiving core highlighted by Calvin Johnson and Crabtree atleast they could throw the ball!

In summary: DON'T DRAFT STAFFORD #1!

P.S GO PATS!!!!!

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
another receiver would be a mistake. WR is not a crucial position in the NFL, sure it may put you over the top but having two great recievers doesnt make you a good team. The cards sucked until they got great qb play and a solid defense. The eagles have done fine this decade despite only ever having one real good receiver. The smart thing for the lions to do is to take jason brown 1st and hold out this season with culpepper/stanton. The qb class definitely seems stronger next year so we should use all of our picks this year to better our o-line and defense, you know the two things that almost all good teams excel at.

another receiver would be a mistake. WR is not a crucial position in the NFL, sure it may put you over the top but having two great recievers doesnt make you a good team. The cards sucked until they got great qb play and a solid defense. The eagles have done fine this decade despite only ever having one real good receiver. The smart thing for the lions to do is to take jason brown 1st and hold out this season with culpepper/stanton. The qb class definitely seems stronger next year so we should use all of our picks this year to better our o-line and defense, you know the two things that almost all good teams excel at.
True dat.

To me it just seemed like, by drafting Stafford, they wanted to bolster their offense, instead of their glaring O-line and Defense issues.

Thats why I said Crabtree.

If they want a QB they most definitely need to wait till next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)