The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it more maybe Denver isn't the best place....

The Broncos are probably closer to a total re-build than a contender.

John Elway has quietly been one of the league's worst drafters over the last 5ish years and because of this the Broncos don't have much offensive talent outside of DT and Sanders.

The defense is also getting much older and will likely take another step back this year when they get rid of Talib.

The coaching staff is sub par aswell, not to mention that they're easily the worst team in their division.

Now that I think about it more maybe Denver isn't the best place....

The Broncos are probably closer to a total re-build than a contender.

John Elway has quietly been one of the league's worst drafters over the last 5ish years and because of this the Broncos don't have much offensive talent outside of DT and Sanders.

The defense is also getting much older and will likely take another step back this year when they get rid of Talib.

The coaching staff is sub par aswell, not to mention that they're easily the worst team in their division.
yeah Talib has a temper

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Alright I've managed to fully work up my fears about the Eagles now so I'm ready to accept the loss if it comes. The emotional scar tissue from 07 runs incredibly deep, gotta keep the expectations low and forever avoid people with football opinions after every loss.

Alright I've managed to fully work up my fears about the Eagles now so I'm ready to accept the loss if it comes. The emotional scar tissue from 07 runs incredibly deep, gotta keep the expectations low and forever avoid people with football opinions after every loss.
Looking at the game the only obvious "oh shit they might be in trouble here" match-up I can see is the amazing Eagles Oline murdering the Pats Dline in the run game and controlling the clock so Brady only gets like 25 mins with the ball.

Brady will probably attempt 50+ passes this game if its close.

i don't think it'll happen but Jags makes the most sense from Cousins perspective i bet.
Based on system, opportunity (with the team projected to be on the rise), or location?

Regardless, I doubt they'd make a move for him. I think they're just gonna gamble and eat Bortles cap and draft a kid in the first round and let him sit for a year. They need to make major WR choices, and a lack of big spending there for this upcoming season would cripple them almost as bad as Bortles could. Robinson, Lee, and Hurns are all on the block. They can't roll in with just Westbrook, Cole, and a rookie (even if he's drafted high) to lead.

My guess: Keep Bortles, draft rookie QB high, resign Robinson, cut Hurns, let Lee walk, and draft mid WR. If no Robinson, then they're best bet would be Landry, no question.

Based on system, opportunity (with the team projected to be on the rise), or location?

Regardless, I doubt they'd make a move for him. I think they're just gonna gamble and eat Bortles cap and draft a kid in the first round and let him sit for a year. They need to make major WR choices, and a lack of big spending there for this upcoming season would cripple them almost as bad as Bortles could. Robinson, Lee, and Hurns are all on the block. They can't roll in with just Westbrook, Cole, and a rookie (even if he's drafted high) to lead.

My guess: Keep Bortles, draft rookie QB high, resign Robinson, cut Hurns, let Lee walk, and draft mid WR. If no Robinson, then they're best bet would be Landry, no question.
based on opportunity (young talented roster on the rise) and location (no state income tax).

i agree with your assessment of what happens with Robinson/Hurns/Lee.

i think they need to improve the OL and draft a playmaking WR/TE, as well as a QB in the middle rounds.

i agree that the Bortles situation lends itself more to eating the cap and seeing if Bortles keeps improving than it does to sign Cousins.

Yeah but the seahawks and falcons dline isn't as deep with viable pass rushers as the eagles. Even Jacksonville was gassed after 3 quarters. If schwartz can rotate his guys and keep them fresh (7 men deep) and keep pressure for 4 quarters they have a legitimate chance to win

Yeah but the seahawks and falcons dline isn't as deep with viable pass rushers as the eagles. Even Jacksonville was gassed after 3 quarters. If schwartz can rotate his guys and keep them fresh (7 men deep) and keep pressure for 4 quarters they have a legitimate chance to win
I'd be willing to bet that NE's gameplan is to go no huddle and keep Philadelphia's base defense on the field and gas them with quick throws

Think the Patriots need 27ish points to win and they can definitely get that

Especially if the eagles do some dumb shit like single cover Gronk with Malcolm Jenkins

this isn't even close to being true. both those teams thrive on deep benches, and rotate them effectively.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To be fair, the Patriots only scored 28+ on the Falcons because they stopped trying in the third quarter once up 28-3. You're deluded if you think NE would have scored that many if the Falcons had just kept their foot on the gas instead of essentially handing the game to the Patriots.

I see you guys are already setting yourselves up for tomorrow

Hopefully the in game responses itt are as good this year as they were last year.

To be fair, the Patriots only scored 28+ on the Falcons because they stopped trying in the third quarter once up 28-3. You're deluded if you think NE would have scored that many if the Falcons had just kept their foot on the gas instead of essentially handing the game to the Patriots.
Ya the Falcons looked at the Patriots sideline and saw Brady and Belichick staring at them and all the sudden broke out into a cold sweet and realized that they couldn't actually do this.

Same thing happened with the Seahawks in 2014
Gonna and my best wishes to both teams. I'll even include a friendly video for NE.

The soft pillowy cushion of 2 amazing superbowl wins and now a 3rd appearance really lessens the impact of this for Pats fans. Otherwise we might not be able to deal with this.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I'm gonna be real honest, I am not like Pretzels, about those Super Bowl losses. Living outside of New England when spygate came out being in the torrid hellscape know colloqially as "Middle School" at the time and the Patriots becoming the largest villains of the league I got a lot of shit leading all the way up to the Super Bowl and a victory there would've been like a proper catharsis and vindication and shit in the face of the mindless abuse, but instead they lost and it has left an emotional scar on my psyche that stings to this day.

I mean blah blah blah no sympathy for the spoilt or whatever but man it fkn bleeeeewwwwwww chuuuuuuunks.

I'm gonna be real honest, I am not like Pretzels, about those Super Bowl losses. Living outside of New England when spygate came out being in the torrid hellscape know colloqially as "Middle School" at the time and the Patriots becoming the largest villains of the league I got a lot of shit leading all the way up to the Super Bowl and a victory there would've been like a proper catharsis and vindication and shit in the face of the mindless abuse, but instead they lost and it has left an emotional scar on my psyche that stings to this day.

I mean blah blah blah no sympathy for the spoilt or whatever but man it fkn bleeeeewwwwwww chuuuuuuunks.
And it'll scar you forever. We're still crying ourselves to sleep every night for RefBowl 40 and Darrell Bevell's ring donation in 49.

I am so excited for today

If we can get to Tom Brady and Nick Foles plays like he did in the NFC Championship we have a very good chance to win
It should be a one possession game like every other Pats Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)