The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Man, they said this is a passing league but the past two weeks have been ridiculous. The average QB probably threw for 300 yards today if you take out the Jaguars-Raiders game because they're glorified CFL teams.

Also, this is where I post about Eli Manning being Lord of the Turnover. All those that do not accept his reign will not have picks thrown at them.

Also, fuck Tyrann Mathieu.

Also, this is where I post about Eli Manning being Lord of the Turnover. All those that do not accept his reign will not have picks thrown at them.
....oh, you mean the 2 INT that...didn't matter? First one was with :02 left in the 2nd quarter where the Giants would get the ball back after halftime ANYWAY. The 2nd one was on a 4th down where the INT happened in the end zone, so Denver started at the 20 regardless.

I'm never gonna hear the end of it from the Peyton fanboys that hate Eli now, though. Now no matter what Eli does after this, they will always pull the "well, he never beat his big brother Peyton" card.

Well to be fair, Eli is ahead in the rings department, something Peyton is unlikely to match as much as he messes up on the big stage...normal season hero, but man he kinda tanks in the postseason.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The INT at the end of the first half DID matter, because it cost them a chance for points when the game was still close. INTs only stop mattering when games are in garbage time and there is no chance of winning, and all of Eli's mattered tonight.

in the weekly Romo/Cutler/W. Manning tardfight, I guess W. Manning comes out the winner this week...tune in next week for laughter if not a Cowboys/Bears/Giants fan, holding your breath and grimacing if a Cowboys/Bears/Giants fan

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Super keen for niners/Seahawks. As the hawks are my second favourite team and I loathe the niners (in addition, I have a fantasy opponent with Kaepernick and I have the Seattle D in a different league), so it'll be even more exciting with a rooting interest

Of Eli's four interceptions, the first one was incredibly stupid, as the Giants could've been up going into half and getting the ball back. The one that bounced off the DB's leg was fluky, but still not a good pass by Eli. Although an incomplete pass would've been much better. The two endzone interceptions were desperation attempts, with one of them being a miscommunication (Randle came back to the pass while Eli expected him to keep going).

But yeah, Eli played terribly. 1 3rd down completion in the whole game. Offense as a whole looks terrible, but I think the defense has some things going for it. I thought the secondary played as well as it could without a pass rush.

The INT at the end of the first half DID matter, because it cost them a chance for points when the game was still close. INTs only stop mattering when games are in garbage time and there is no chance of winning, and all of Eli's mattered tonight.
I'll give you the INT at the end of the first half since the game wasn't over. But, I doubt the 4th one mattered. :50 sec left in the 4th qtr and Giants are already down, what, 38-23? They're not clawing out of that one. Then there was the freak one that bounced off the DB's leg which rarely happens, though something similar happened in preseason vs. Colts. I'll admit that wasn't a great throw. The other one I mentioned was 4th down...you either throw into the endzone and if it's picked (which it was), Denver starts at the 20 or you punt it and risk Denver having good field position on the return.

Not saying Eli played great. He definitely made some questionable throws, but to place all the blame on him is ridiculous. Dropped passes by his receivers. Miscommunication between him and his receivers (which caused at least one, maybe two, of the INTs). Missed opportunities on the defensive end for their own INTs, although the defense played well overall. I think Giants will shape up though. I, unfortunately, see the Panthers walking out next week 0-3.

Well to be fair, Eli is ahead in the rings department, something Peyton is unlikely to match as much as he messes up on the big stage...normal season hero, but man he kinda tanks in the postseason.
Who some people deem "G.O.A.T." is a below .500 quarterback in the postseason. And he can't ever seem to beat Tom Brady, which despite the hate, Eli has done on multiple occasions. Peyton's a great stat cruncher though. He's in my top 5, but come on. Let's be real here.

Well it's nice the Niners are good against every other good team, but losing these divisional games is gonna bite them hard in the ass, would have last year if they hadn't split one with the Rams >.>

They better come back and split the series with the Seahawks when they come to Candlestick, otherwise they're gonna have to finish outright better, which isn't going to be easy.

I guess two good takeaways are that almost every team sucks playing Seahawks at home, and that Lynch was held to under 100 yards...otherwise the Niners looked like shit.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Seattle got the Guinness world record for loudest crowd in any sport, hitting 136 db today! Talk about a 12th man

maybe im just very confused but i dont get how it could jump 131.9 (the initial record breaking one tonight) to 136.6. i don't know anything about decibels but aren't they almost like multipliers, meaning it wouldve been 2x louder or something to that effect?

no, decibels are a log unit of power, not loudness. that difference would be about 2-3x as powerful of a sound, but it wouldn't be 2-3x as loud because decibels are a direct measure of "loudness"

more importantly sounds that loud for long durations are pretty dangerous, but oh well football is more important than hearing damage

Bears IMO. Thought they would at least split the Vikes/Gals games. The Dolphins and Chiefs have loaded teams so its not surprising that they're 2-0. Nothing to be excited about yet.

As for 0-2, i'd go with the Steelers. But only because the Titans are one of the few teams i ignore and thought they were going to suck. Wasn't expecting that win. The Steelers also always beat the Gals at their home so its surprising to see them get dominated this way.

Redskins suck balls and i predicted they would finish last in the division.

The Giants through two games have proven(to me) that they are the best team in the NFC East. Now, the Cowboys are clearly more talented and are still the frontrunners but they look really bad through two games. I've watched all NFC East games so far this season(and through NFL rewind hopefully all games this season) and the Giants just look superior to everyone. Right now it looks like they will win the division, but the Boys can put it together at any time and fight them for it.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I agree with some hero about the Giants. They're not my pick to win the East, but I have 'em down for 9 wins and that might be enough to get out of that craptastic division. I'm not sure if I'd go all the way to best team in the East, but that defense could be scary (they've played two great passing offenses in 2 games, so it's no surprise it's looked bad) and the Redskins are obviously not what they were last year.

Obviously I'm no Eli Manning believer, but with RG3 not himself he's just as good as any QB in that division. Although most of Eli's best play has been in garbage time, there's no reason why he couldn't be the undisputed best QB in that division since Vick'll get hurt/fumble a lot, Romo's looked pretty unspectacular, and RG3 is obviously still reeling from January. If you've got the best QB in your division, you'll probably win it.

The NFC East is a coin flip between the Giants and Cowboys, though the Skins can probably still pull together an 8-8 season since they have the deepest QB roster in football. Heck, RG3 and Cousins could both go down and RG3* could probably win a few games for them.

Also, it's a shame the Bears, Falcons, and 2nd place team in the NFC West can't all make the playoffs, as they're all good teams. Probably going to be Falcons/NFC West Team, but the Bears have looked good so far.

*Rex Grossman III. Yes, he's also a III.

I don't get why the Bears are such a surprise, 10-6 finish last year. They have a good team, and since they're keeping Cutler upright, they're even better. And considering who the Chiefs have played, being 2-0 is rational. Only the Dolphins might've been in a 1-1 scenario, but if you expect them to be any lower considering their first opponent was the Browns, lol...

Giants/Steelers are unsurprising at 0-2, Steelers unfortunately are gonna be hurting a lot. Giants, they just go up and down like crazy. Redskins, I dunno, wasn't expecting too much early on from RG3, but I thought they could've stole a game from Philly before the season began.

And of course, all of this is irrelevant considering how many weeks are left, the Cardinals of all teams last year began 4-0 and knocked off the Patriots at NE, Seahawks that eventually went 11-5, and the "dream team" Eagles. Ok the last one is a joke, but still. They proceeded to win exactly 1 more game that whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)