The Cutest Sprites and Models

I've seen a lot of people on other media platforms express their discontentment of Mega-Slowbro. I actually reaaally like this mega, quite a lot in fact. To me, it seems like a natural 'evolution' follow up, and I feel like it displays Slowbro's dopey-ness perfectly. It also just looks so snuggly and cozy and cute <3! It reminds me of that shark plushie thing I saw on the internet once...

I think fifth generation nailed it with the cute front sprites.
Lilligant is undeniably cute but Whimsicott is deniable until you see its shiny

Palpitoad is one of my favorite ground types but the C shaped mouth and the little hops make it 25 times cuter.

before the 3D models of XY steamrolled their cuteness, these 'mons were cute too. Shiny Frillish Female gets a special mention here:

Also, OH GOD WHY?!
This
to THIS

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Oh my gosh. OH MY GOSHHH. I've always found Sentret and Furret to be cute. I must get a pet ferret.
I'm still missing a 2G iPod touch from my late ferret; there's plenty of evil to go with that cuteness. ._.

Also:

Noibat is the cutest Gen VI Pokemon. End of story.

Politoed from HGSS:
Spr_4h_186_m.png
and as previously stated, the backsprite:
Spr_b_4p_186_m.png

These take a different approach and try something new. The previous sprites of Politoed had a gaped open mouth too, but this time it faces towards the foe and raises its arms like it wants to hug it out.
The back sprite focuses on its large eyes and the "Let's hug it out!" pose again.

But I think the BW/BW2 ones are nice too.
Spr_5b_186_m.png
Spr_b_5b_186_m.png

This time they focused on the frog-like appearance of it and made it hop and croak. Still looks appealing with its mouth shut and hands raised as if it would start clapping
(which it did most of the time in the anime).

EDIT: Added descriptions.

Last edited:

Look how adorable Cyndaquil's pose and expression are in here!

Even the backsprite is so cute, I can't stop gushing love for this critter. These sprites also have a nice visual balance with the amount of flames on Cyndaquil's back as a contrasting point of interest- something sadly ruined in Gen 6 when they decided to have Cyndaquil with no flames so the model seems lacking a lot. The DPPt one especially has the best proportioned head but HGSS has the cutest eyes.

These Sandshrew sprites really make me squeal in delight from cuteness. I like how Yellow and DPPt show it doing something in a digging position that gives more insight to its habits. I feel these sprites showcase Sandshrew the best because you can see more of its armor as well and how they can roll into a ball any minute now for an attack.

Teddiursa- so forgotten and overlooked as a pokemon but undeniably so adorable with the signature paw-licking pose. There's just something about the fact that it has a giant crescent moon on the middle of its forehead that takes the level of cuteness even further.

Teddiursa's counterpart in Phanphy isn't lacking in cuteness either. There's just something about it's light blue/teal colour scheme that calms me down and go d'aaawwww- even more when I see it's Gen 6 model roll up in a ball to attack.

As soon as I saw Lillipup's design in BW, its face instantly melted my heart. Puppy pokemon have never been cuter and it's sidestepping/side-jumping animation is pretty adorable.

Probably one of the cutest Ghost types- just looked at it's spooked expression! It's cry is also cute and those giant branch horns contrasted with it's little wispy body just makes me want to raise one someday.

This, however, is probably the cutest Ghost type. Just look at it's expression when it inflates! Something about the balloon body contrasted with long, string like appendages that thoughtlessly take children away when they grab them. Air balloon is such a nice and dreamy concept as well, you just feel....floaty thinking about this Pokemon.

How can you not love Surskit? I think I have a real soft spot for any teal-colour schemes in Pokemon but this little critter has such a small body supported by even thinner legs, has pink blush sticker markings under it's cute dot eyes and has a little straw hat looking thing on it's head! The way it skates is also adorable and hey, it's really unique with it's Bug/Water typing, I love the idea of this adorable bug peacefully skating across the water. So simple yet so adorable- probably the cutest Bug type ever!

Look at this dopey piece of work. Even its name sounds so cute! As I quote the anime- WOO-PAH! The in-game cry is just as cute as well!

Okay so maybe I do have a weak spot for anything blue with the cute black dot eyes...

Pokemon Crystal - Azumarill
Most Azumarill sprites make me feel very neutral about it. Both 3rd, 4th and 5th Generation sort of make it look like an Egg with two ears randomly pasted on. But Crystal's sprite is very balanced, with the ears looking similarly round as the body. It retains the references to the Easter Bunny, but makes Azumarill much more pleasant to look at. I also think it's very cute how it flaps/wiggles its ears in the Crystal animated sprite, how it stretches out its arms waiting to be hugged, and how it innocently blinks its eyes afterwards. Maybe it's the bases of the ears in 3rd, 4th and 5th Generation that make their sprites look off to me, something that wasn't the case in Crystal, and has been remedied in 6th Generation with the new models.

Azumabara eats Garchomp for breakfast.

Horsea is one of those sprites were the cutest one was actually the Gen 1 Yellow sprite for me. There's just something about how cute and round its head is in this sprite that makes it look like a bubble floating freely in the water that gets to me, and I feel this had the best proportions. Later sprite proportions always seemed a bit off to me, and the shade of blue wasn't really as appealing to me in later gens.

That said, XY is pretty respectable as it uses a more teal blue again compared to a grayish blue in the gens from Gen 3 onwards. The animating fin brings a bit more personality and I like the way it moves as it swims.

Speaking of cute Gen 1 Yellow sprites, Squirtle has had its fair share of cute sprites. Absolutely love the shade of blue used in Yellow the most, the Crystal had such a cute smile and wagging tail and HGSS just looks so joyful! Can't resist this little critter's cuteness and that is why it was my first ever starter- even it's RB sprite was pretty respectable in terms of cuteness because it head looks so much like a bubble!

Charmander also has some cute sprites going for it, I even had to single out the 2nd animation frames for Emerald (2nd last one) and DP (last one) just because those poses are just so much cuter than the neutral pose. The eyes on the Gen 2 sprites are also precious and I really like the shading on the face in these ones. Such a shame the Gen 6 model seems a bit bland in comparison to these, and the paler lighting/colours don't really help.

Might as well complete the Kanto starter set, but I find these Bulbasaur sprites the simplest and yet the most adorable because of the simplicity. Yellow one has most personality while the Gen 5 one had the most pleasing proportions that makes the expressions on the eyes pop out more.

In spite of all those annoying Poison Stings, I really find Weedle to be quite cute. It's name is adorable and it's dot eyes and overall roundness in everything in its design makes me want to cuddle this dangerous creature. The Silver sprite really does it for me, while the almost dancing animation in Gen 6 also brings out a cute personality. Again, I'm a bit of a sucker for really nice round shapes in sprites.

Chinchou's RSE sprite just looks so happy, the pose is perfect! I just really love the expression it makes with the quirky '+' eyes and this has the best proportion in regards to the size of the lights compared to the body.

Rufflet hands down is one of the cutest birds. Look at that little fuzzball head with those cute eyes! I love the little jump it does on the animation and these small Gen 5 animations really bring out the cuteness in some Pokemon.

Leafeon's design took a while for me to warm up to but damn when I saw the backsprite I fell in love. There's just something so pleasing about the Gen 4 backsprite, maybe it's the shape of the head or the eyes but when Platinum came out, the new pose and 2nd animation sprite brought new sides of cuteness that I now appreciate. The Gen 6 model just added a touch of elegance to the pose and animation.

Vulpix is also quite adorable when the proportions are right- a simple, cute and elegant design makes Vulpix one of the most d'awww worthy Fire types. I can imagine them feeling so warm and fluffy.

Petilil is one really adorable grass type, I just enjoy the simplicity in its design. The little dress-like body and jumping animation just brings me bundles of joy for some reason.

Words couldn't describe the amount of 'squuueee' I felt when I first saw Bergmite. It's so cute with it's little triangle legs and those blank eyes hidden under a little icicle helmet/mask thing. Again, the name just adds to the cute factor, I really want to try raising one in one game- too bad it suffers from late-game Ice-type availability syndrome.

Speaking of late Ice types, Cubchoos shows how disgusting snot can be so cute. I just like how it stands there, trying to maintain balance as you see a giant dribble of cold snot swinging in front of it. Actually kind of hypnotic in a way...

Finally, just to round out the bear trio, Pancham is one cute spunky panda bear. Just a simple leaf on its mouth adds so much to the personality and those eyes are really effective in bringing out a cute, fighting spirit. Like Cubchoo, the proportion of it's head compared to its standing body makes it quite adorable.

But... h-how could you forget about our cute support for our OU teammates?

Just look at it. Sooooo cute...

WARNING: Are you sure of what are you doing? Watching this video can likely make your faint, because you'll never be ready for so much adorableness...

Excuse me?

Please.

Seriously, look at this thing. During its physical attack animation, it... oh my god. Plus, when it uses Body Slam, it looks like it's leaping into action!

Unown has always looked adorable to me, but it has always been overshadowed by its crappy stats and movepool. The XY sprites cranked that cuteness up quite a lot, giving each Unown a unique personality. But the cutest Unown sprites are (humorously) X and Y.

Both of them look like they're dancing. Unown X looks like it's in a very happy (and eccentric), while Y looks calm but playful (and it's almost taunting the opponent).

Please.

Seriously, look at this thing. During its physical attack animation, it... oh my god. Plus, when it uses Body Slam, it looks like it's leaping into action!

Unown has always looked adorable to me, but it has always been overshadowed by its crappy stats and movepool. The XY sprites cranked that cuteness up quite a lot, giving each Unown a unique personality. But the cutest Unown sprites are (humorously) X and Y.

Both of them look like they're dancing. Unown X looks like it's in a very happy (and eccentric), while Y looks calm but playful (and it's almost taunting the opponent).
X Unown has always been my favourite! That's why I have a shiny, ready-to-battle (kinda) Choice Specs Unown. Sadly it didn't do well in Battle Mainson...

Come on. In blue it's cuter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)