The Clown and The Serpent (Peaked #2)

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I have seen you battling with this team a lot of times the days before of the close of round 5. It seems like a very solid team, and you use it perfectly. I also like a lot the way of using subgyara to beat rotom.

About terrakion weakness, i see it can rape every member of the team, but the most used version is scarfed (which conkeldurr handle pretty well) and you can play around with switches. I think the most dangerous set is SD terrakion, since it naturally outspeeds the whole of your team, and with only 1 SD it can beat all your team, and you can only hit it with conkeldurr mach punch. Luckily, almost nobody use this terrakion nowadays, but, since excadrill is almost sure being banned (don't shout at me saying it's being voted, i know more that i should about the current voting xDD), DoubleDancer Terrakion will be used more, and i think Terrakion will be probably the most use pokemon after the voting.

Anyway, really cool team, and i think it's also fun to play with. You should add an importable. Congratz man, and good luck.

Alright, thanks for the rates so far guys :D
Anyway, I have officially decided on U-Turn for Jirachi in the last slot, as it is just too slow to use Water Pulse effectively, and I find it extremely easy to set up both SR and Spikes with Ferrothorn. I don't find Leech Seed that useful. Also, I am choosing to stick with Moxie Gyarados after playing around with the Intimidate version; it's just much harder to sweep. My lack of a rapid spinner also makes it not very useful in defeating the likes of Terrakion regardless. Anyway, if anyone has any more suggestions, feel free to post them. The main threats right now are Gliscor since Jirachi can no longer defeat it and it can wall half of my team (Gastrodon can't really take on SD variants too well either, and Politoed and Gyarados can get worn down by entry hazards) and Terrakion, who continues to be a threat.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
If you are really so worried about gliscor and terrakion, you can try a claydol over conkeldurr who from the looks of it, is something used to soften up gyarados' opposing mons and not neccesary. Physically defensive Claydol with Earthquake | Rapid Spin | Ice Beam | Psychic / HP Fire should do the trick, the EVs can be toyed around with. It can still cover excadrill as well. Earthquake and IB covers the two threats you mentioned, while Psychic hits things like gengar, and HP Fire hits Scizor, skarmory and forretress. I would use HP Fire, but psychic can come in handy on some occasions like v. conkeldurr. You could also try status moves like toxic or use SR on claydol for the last spot, if you use sr on claydol, that opens space for ferrothorn to use leech seed. This is a huge novelty but i think it could work on your team.

If you are really so worried about gliscor and terrakion, you can try a claydol over conkeldurr who from the looks of it, is something used to soften up gyarados' opposing mons and not neccesary. Physically defensive Claydol with Earthquake | Rapid Spin | Ice Beam | Psychic / HP Fire should do the trick, the EVs can be toyed around with. It can still cover excadrill as well. Earthquake and IB covers the two threats you mentioned, while Psychic hits things like gengar, and HP Fire hits Scizor, skarmory and forretress. I would use HP Fire, but psychic can come in handy on some occasions like v. conkeldurr. You could also try status moves like toxic or use SR on claydol for the last spot, if you use sr on claydol, that opens space for ferrothorn to use leech seed. This is a huge novelty but i think it could work on your team.
I'm hesitant to try it out since Conkeldurr's part of what a I built the team around, but I'll try it out anyway. It seems helpful. Thanks dude.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Like I posted earlier, Jirachi doesn't need to go Sassy. It can go Careful with 48 Spe EVs to outrun all defensive Gliscors and still 3HKO with Water Pulse. The drop in SAtk EVs are really not missed.

Like I posted earlier, Jirachi doesn't need to go Sassy. It can go Careful with 48 Spe EVs to outrun all defensive Gliscors and still 3HKO with Water Pulse. The drop in SAtk EVs are really not missed.
Gliscor can 2HKO Jirachi though with Earthquake so I'm not sure how well that would work. Even if I get off a Wish on the switch-in to Gliscor, Gliscor can just Swords Dance up and OHKO me next turn with Earthquake. An interesting strategy could be to lower another stat and run enough special attack EVs to 2HKO Gliscor with Water Pulse after Poison Heal. Gastrodon can take special hits as well, so this could be a viable option. Anyone have any input on if that would work?

Oh, and I also made Gastrodon 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef with a Relaxed nature since Jirachi is now a special wall, and since Gastrodon can still easily wall rain sweepers and take special hits well. Thundurus is banned now as well, so I don't really need Gastrodon to have as much special defense.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I mean, after Gliscor realizes that it is a rain variant of the specially-defensive Jirachi, it will switch in to Jirachi as if it's an Excadrill. So you can smack it with Water Pulse on the predictable switch-in to wear it down for Conkeldurr. I am not expecting Jirachi to lure and KILL Gliscor, but by removing 2/3rd of its health would be a good head start for Conkeldurr. Also the Speed EVs will let you finish off Gliscor if it's in the 2HKO range (70% health), so it does have a good chance in finishing off Gliscors. You should at least give it a try ;]

u should make it imortable, so we could test it faster. im just saying.

otherwise, it looks very solid.. gj bro

I don't think gastrodon is needed and id say it's your weakest link!! Since thundurus is now Ubers and you need a rapid spinner and could use tspikes for Gyarados, I think you should replace it with tentacruel! Or if you feel you need an electric resist and Toxicroak 'counter' and don't need tpsikes you could use Donphan~
Hmm, Tentacruel seems worthwhile; a rapid spinner would greatly help this team. Ferrothorn can easily take on Starmie and such, and Tentacruel can still reliably take powerful water hits. I'll try it out over Gastrodon and change Ferrothorn to a specially defensive variant. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)