Announcement The bunnies are gone (Cinderace + Magearna Quickbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up our Cinderace quickban, Magearna has been quickbanned from SwSh 1v1.

Magearna has many qualities that set it a level above Pokemon within the Gen 8 1v1 metagame. Its terrific natural bulk combined with excellent typing and huge Special Attack give it unending viable strategies to take advantage of. This is all aided by Magearna's utility options like Encore, Trick, Pain Split, Draining Kiss, Stored Power, and Calm Mind + Iron Defense, alongside powerful offensive potential and coverage with Fleur Cannon, Ice Beam, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball.

With all of these tools at its disposal, Magearna can effectively be used as the ultimate glue to any team, so long as its teammates can cover Magearna's nearly-inescapable Fire weakness - not too hard to do, when there are only single-digit amounts of viable Fire-types, plus the rare powerhouses capable of disposing of Magearna with just Fire-type coverage. And because only Fire-type Pokemon, most of which aren't excessively viable on their own, are mandatory to run for Magearna, it creates a competitive environment that is extremely restricted, with regard to teambuilding.

The removal of Z-Moves and the overall decrease in the power level of the metagame also free Magearna up to a wide variety of equally-viable items: Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Life Orb, Air Balloon, recovery berries, Weakness Policy, all immediately useful items that change the way Magearna needs to be played against, all thanks to Magearna's immediately threatening offensive presence and exceptionally t h i c c bulk (For some fun context, Adamant max Attack Choice Band Dracovish cannot 100% OHKO a fully invested defensive Magearna).

The council voted to quickban this after giving it some time to be discussed in the 1v1 On The Radar thread. It may potentially be resuspected in the future, if the metagame seems tolerable. Tagging The Immortal or Kris for implementation.
Alakazam: Ban
Rosa: Ban
Waylaid: Ban
Nalei: Ban
Boat: No Ban (Opted for Public Suspect in the future)
epic

I saw this when I woke up in the morning and couldn't believe my eyes.

I then waited a while and checked again, and it was still here.

People, I want you to look at Magearna. Take a good look at it. Think of what the council might have thought. And tell me how the council could've been so wrong.

I completely disagree with this with every fibre of my being. Magearna was a metal potato, is a metal potato, and always will be a metal potato. Not a bunny.

Someone help the council.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I saw this when I woke up in the morning and couldn't believe my eyes.

I then waited a while and checked again, and it was still here.

People, I want you to look at Magearna. Take a good look at it. Think of what the council might have thought. And tell me how the council could've been so wrong.

I completely disagree with this with every fibre of my being. Magearna was a metal potato, is a metal potato, and always will be a metal potato. Not a bunny.

Someone help the council.
I would like to say that the council as a group had no say in the decision of labeling Magearna as a bunny. Please redirect all criticism towards Alakazam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)