SV OU The atack of the Duck!

Hello everyone!Im fairly new in competitive Pokemon and this is my first team is SV.Im getting pretty good results thus far with it,but I know it can do better.So,please,if you could help me out it would be greatly apreciated.Now,lets see this team!

:Quaquaval:
Quaquaval

This first one came for mainly 2 reasons:

·He was my starter and I loved him
· Aqua step+moxie sounded terrifying and I wanted to see what I could do with it.

So I decided to build the team around this duck to support it and cover it weaknesess.So it will be a fairly offensive with a little bit of deffense

Moveset:

Napoleón (Quaquaval) @ Metronome
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Swords Dance

This Pokemon plan's is going for a sweep with the substitute of my Cyclizar (More on him later),setting up Swords dance if I see if the opposing Pokemon doesn't knock it out inmediatly and building up speed and atack.

I wanted to maximice his speed becouse Pokemon kept outspeeding him before he could pick up momentum.Metronome also helps eliminate early threats by boosting aqua step before moxie kicks in

Aside from Aqua Step,he has Close combat for stab and Ice spinner in case any problematic grass or dragon types show up.Swords Dance is there in case the oposing Pokemon cant knock out the substitute right away.

:Cyclizar:

Cyclizar:

My duck needed a little bit of protection,so I chose this mon mainly to set up substitute and inmediatly pass it to him.Although he can also pass it to anyone else if needed.By itself,it is built to be an offensive dragon that can get rid of buffed threats with dragon tail

Moveset:

Cyclizar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Tail
- Knock Off

He is often the lead,so for what he is suposed to do he has to have the speed.I also gave him atack in case he needs to knock out somthing himself

With Regenerator+Citrus berry he can keep pumping Shed tails if we need them and remain healthy through out the match

Dragon Claw is his main offensive move.Dragon tail can push dangerous or anoying Pokemon on the field and knock off for psiquic threats that could endanger Quackaval or the others

:Clodsire:

Clodsire:

My team needed bulk,so the first thing that came to mind was Wooper's wonderfull evolution!

Moveset:

Toxic Loaf (Clodsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Point
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Yawn
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

His moveset is all centered in giving him bulk and making him have support options to worn down bulky mons with toxic and sleep or force a switch with yawn
Recover makes him last a lot longer and his tera type of steel makes him resist basically half of the types matchups he could face.

:Meowscarada:

Meowskarada

This cat is the embodiment of coverage that can hit for a bunch of damage pretty much anything,it is made to cover a lot of the teams weaknesses

Moveset:

Meowscarada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Brick Break

With Tera fairy and protean she can efectively change types twice,and that is pretty nice considering protean's nerf

Her moveset is centered on hitting a lot of things for super efective damage and getting rid of her awfull defensive typing
(And,you know,having a garanteed crit in flower trick is pretty nice)

I gave her choice scarf to neutralice any threat before it can even touch her and making it imposible to hit her before she changes types

:amoonguss:

Amoonguss:

More bulk was needed on the physical side and Amoonguss looked like a pretty good pick considering its support options

Moveset:

Amoong uss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Spore
- Stomping Tantrum
- Synthesis

It is centered in being as anoying as humanly possible.Spore and hex gives him a reliable ofensive option and Stomping tantrum gives him a pretty powerfull atack if spore misses.Synthesis,his physical defense and his hability makes him a a danger to touch.Tera steel,just like his support partner,keeps him safe of basically everything

:kingambit:

Kingambit:

He is my final weapon if everything else goes wrong.He is alrady really good sweeping trough fairly healthy teams if no one is able to stop him

Moveset:

The boi (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave

He has Swords dance in case he has the chance to set up,but he mainly rellies on Sucker punch or the rest of his moves if the enemy is slower than him.

His EV spread was given to me by someone I batteled and its working far better than my old,slower one.It's both bulky and ofensively threatening and a little fast.

I find Black glasses more than enough to power his atacks up whinout giving him any drawbacks.

Tera Flying protects him from his two main weaknesses:Ground and fighting.But,to be fair,the tera is already spent by the time he comes out.

Posible Counters

I really haven't found any Pokemon that just sweeps the team.But :Corviknight: tends to cause us trouble.And,I swear to god, this damn piece of salt (:garganacl:) is always a pain to defeat.If I lost Quackaval for whatever reason this is just a gg.If you could help me with it it would be greatly apreciated​

Thank you in advance !

Perhaps quaquaval would rather have another coverage move rather than Swords dance, since Moxie would boost its attack anyway. Aqua jet is also another good option to finish off a weak mon and get a moxie. If you switch with another attacking move, then you can switch metronome with assault vest to ensure quaquaval survives attacks, although this is optional.

Cyclizar might want to run rapid spin in case hazards. Probably replace Dragon Claw for it.

Yawn AND toxic feels a bit redundant for Clodsire. Since this team is weak to bulky mon that are immune to toxic, you may want to replace toxic with curse to place pressure on your opponent when clod is in the field.

Meowscarada may want low kick instead of brick break. It's a fighting type move that can do far more damage.

Both Hex AND Stomping tantrum makes amongus too offensive. Clear smog is a great alternative for any mon wishing to setup.

Other than this, great looking team!

Perhaps quaquaval would rather have another coverage move rather than Swords dance, since Moxie would boost its attack anyway. Aqua jet is also another good option to finish off a weak mon and get a moxie. If you switch with another attacking move, then you can switch metronome with assault vest to ensure quaquaval survives attacks, although this is optional.

Cyclizar might want to run rapid spin in case hazards. Probably replace Dragon Claw for it.

Yawn AND toxic feels a bit redundant for Clodsire. Since this team is weak to bulky mon that are immune to toxic, you may want to replace toxic with curse to place pressure on your opponent when clod is in the field.

Meowscarada may want low kick instead of brick break. It's a fighting type move that can do far more damage.

Both Hex AND Stomping tantrum makes amongus too offensive. Clear smog is a great alternative for any mon wishing to setup.

Other than this, great looking team!
Thank you for the help! I've been trying out the changes and so far so good! Thank you!

curse to place pressure on your opponent when clod is in the field.
I actually believe Stealth Rocks to be slightly better here. I don't think staying in on Clodsire to set up curse is threatening enough, as even with +2, you get 2HKO'd by an un-invested Great Tusk EQ. If you run rocks, you can set it up for free when you switch into Chi-Yu and Gholdengo.

Aside from that, I'd advise switching Clodsire's poison point to water absorb: Water Absorb gives you a more favorable match up against Rotom Wash; Alternatively, Unaware is good too, but you risk getting 2HKO'd by Chi Yu's Overheat in some match ups, and most special threats that set up have answers to Clodsire. Namely Iron Valiant with Psyshock, and Espartha's boosted Store Power.

In regards to Kingambit: I feel like investing too much into his offensive power is a little moot, as he already has really high attack: I'd consider leftovers instead of Black Glasses, and some investment into special defense? Adamant Nature is usually all the investment he needs.

Regarding Garganacl; It is a little tough to fight as you do notably lack specially offensive pokemon. It's difficult to deal with it without recommending new pokemons, but you should consider specs something.

I actually believe Stealth Rocks to be slightly better here. I don't think staying in on Clodsire to set up curse is threatening enough, as even with +2, you get 2HKO'd by an un-invested Great Tusk EQ. If you run rocks, you can set it up for free when you switch into Chi-Yu and Gholdengo.

Aside from that, I'd advise switching Clodsire's poison point to water absorb: Water Absorb gives you a more favorable match up against Rotom Wash; Alternatively, Unaware is good too, but you risk getting 2HKO'd by Chi Yu's Overheat in some match ups, and most special threats that set up have answers to Clodsire. Namely Iron Valiant with Psyshock, and Espartha's boosted Store Power.

In regards to Kingambit: I feel like investing too much into his offensive power is a little moot, as he already has really high attack: I'd consider leftovers instead of Black Glasses, and some investment into special defense? Adamant Nature is usually all the investment he needs.

Regarding Garganacl; It is a little tough to fight as you do notably lack specially offensive pokemon. It's difficult to deal with it without recommending new pokemons, but you should consider specs something.
Thanks a lot! I think I will try out diferent versions of the suggestions Im getting to see what works best.And if you dont mind,what would be a good awnser for Garganacl?If it can fill the role of another team member,I could consider swaping it out.

Thanks a lot! I think I will try out diferent versions of the suggestions Im getting to see what works best.And if you dont mind,what would be a good awnser for Garganacl?If it can fill the role of another team member,I could consider swaping it out.
There is no universal answer to every single Garganacl set, largely due to the nature of Teras. I've been running Dragapults with Tbolt however, as it can threaten the water tera Garganacl, and water Annihilape, on top of everything else a Dragapult does.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

It's not perfect, but Draco does 65-77% against a fully invested Garganacl, so if he blunders a switch into your Draco, you can 2HKO it, even with the SpA drop. Tbolt also kills in 2, but you can't throw that one out quite as much.

On another note regarding your Amoonguss set, I'd take Giga Drain, Spore, Foul Play and a Clear Smog over what you have. Foul Play is great at threatening any attempted switches into it, especially from ghosts like Pult; Giga Drain gives you a semi-favorable match up against some grounds and Garganacl.

Firstly, I'd like to say that this is a very competent team for a new player, well done!

Garganacl is certainly a threat, but it shouldn't be too crazy for you to handle, even if quaqaval dies. Meowscarda can 2HKO it(If it's the standard max HP max spdef) , and flower trick ignores iron defense, so keeping up constant pressure should suffice.

As for other recommendations , I would definitely take some of the suggestions the other people in this thread have told you about. Amoongus should be regenerator > effect spore, which frees up the synthesis moveslot for giga drain/foul play. I would also advise against hex, as it does little damage even if the opponent is statused. Metronome is also kind of a weird item on quaquaval, but I can definitely see it's use. Focus sash, leftovers, and life orb are all other options you could try out. I think that a bulkier leftovers set in particular is very nice with cyclizar, and a user posted a great set on this thread a 2 weeks ago:

Quaquaval @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpD / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up
- Roost

This set uses Quaquavals nice typing to completely shut down chien pao, while also being able to snowball after an aqua step + a moxie boost. Test these changes out, and have a nice day!

Firstly, I'd like to say that this is a very competent team for a new player, well done!

Garganacl is certainly a threat, but it shouldn't be too crazy for you to handle, even if quaqaval dies. Meowscarda can 2HKO it(If it's the standard max HP max spdef) , and flower trick ignores iron defense, so keeping up constant pressure should suffice.

As for other recommendations , I would definitely take some of the suggestions the other people in this thread have told you about. Amoongus should be regenerator > effect spore, which frees up the synthesis moveslot for giga drain/foul play. I would also advise against hex, as it does little damage even if the opponent is statused. Metronome is also kind of a weird item on quaquaval, but I can definitely see it's use. Focus sash, leftovers, and life orb are all other options you could try out. I think that a bulkier leftovers set in particular is very nice with cyclizar, and a user posted a great set on this thread a 2 weeks ago:

Quaquaval @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpD / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up
- Roost

This set uses Quaquavals nice typing to completely shut down chien pao, while also being able to snowball after an aqua step + a moxie boost. Test these changes out, and have a nice day!
Thank you!I think that maybe bulk up would be a little unnecesary considering moxie,but roost and this bulkier build would definetly help.Have a nice day too!

There is no universal answer to every single Garganacl set, largely due to the nature of Teras. I've been running Dragapults with Tbolt however, as it can threaten the water tera Garganacl, and water Annihilape, on top of everything else a Dragapult does.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

It's not perfect, but Draco does 65-77% against a fully invested Garganacl, so if he blunders a switch into your Draco, you can 2HKO it, even with the SpA drop. Tbolt also kills in 2, but you can't throw that one out quite as much.

On another note regarding your Amoonguss set, I'd take Giga Drain, Spore, Foul Play and a Clear Smog over what you have. Foul Play is great at threatening any attempted switches into it, especially from ghosts like Pult; Giga Drain gives you a semi-favorable match up against some grounds and Garganacl.
Thanks!I'l see if someone can be replaced,or at least be built a little bit like this.I know its dumb,but Garganacl is my personal struggle.I really apreciate all the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)