All Gens Teambuilder update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey there, lads!

I've updated the teambuilder. This is just a first step in getting a fully multigen teambuilder working. While it's far from perfect yet, I've made the following changes:
  • The generation is gotten from the team's format. Default gen is 6.
  • Gen 1 teams don't show happiness, shinyness, sex.
  • Gen 1 shows Special instead of SpA and SpD (it may be wrong in a few cases for now, though).
  • Gens 1 and 2 hide abilities and natures.
  • Gens 1 and 2 count max EVs as they should.
  • All gens do not display Pokémon, Item, Moves, or Abilities not available in their generation.
In the next step, we'll get the proper old gen data back for different stats, tiering, typing, and even proper gen 2 items (you can use their modern version and the name works in import/export). I'll keep you updated! Also I'm reworking EVs in Gen 1 and Gen 2, allowing to hand pick them, so, while I'm gonna make all-0 EVs and IVs still default to their max, I recommend that you guys edit your teams and set manually all EVs to max (besides attack, which you may not want maxed, but remember it has a lower limit ;^)).

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I am glad the teambuilder is finally being updated for the old gens after all this time :) Another suggestion I find should be done next is to update the sprites of the mons in the teambuilder. They currently display non-animated gen 5 sprites, which I find to be a little outdated. Maybe we can implement Gen 6 non-animated sprites to kinda update everything (preferably if possible with animation), like PO currently has. The different gens can also has the sprites generated for there respective games.

Here's an example on Tauros:

upload_2015-11-12_6-57-14.png
upload_2015-11-12_6-57-24.png
upload_2015-11-12_6-57-33.png
upload_2015-11-12_6-57-46.png
upload_2015-11-12_6-57-55.png
upload_2015-11-12_6-58-5.png

Would this be possible?

Woohoo, this is good news!

About tiering, are you going to use the lists shown on Smogon's website for all gens?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am glad the teambuilder is finally being updated for the old gens after all this time :) Another suggestion I find should be done next is to update the sprites of the mons in the teambuilder. They currently display non-animated gen 5 sprites, which I find to be a little outdated. Maybe we can implement Gen 6 non-animated sprites to kinda update everything (preferably if possible with animation), like PO currently has. The different gens can also has the sprites generated for there respective games.

Here's an example on Tauros:

View attachment 52748 View attachment 52749 View attachment 52750 View attachment 52751 View attachment 52752 View attachment 52753

Would this be possible?
There is a reason we haven't updated to static xy and it mainly has to do with image dimension size, it's something I've wanted to do though. PO has inconsistent fronts and backs though and that is really ugly to me.

p2

Banned deucer.
:heart:

also would it be possible to just change the suggested spreads to maxed out evs for rby/gsc?

One thing that might be cool to add would be some sort of drop down list for alternative hidden power spreads like they have on PO, and a display box for your hidden power's typing and power based on the IVs you input. There are a number of cases in which the automatically given IV spreads aren't optimal, and it would be nice to have the other options there. Nice to see the team builder is finally being updated for old gens!

I love this. When there would be the possibility of reordering teams by tier/alphabetical order/whatever? Or even better, there's a chance in the future we will get folders? My teambuilder is so chaotic D:

I made it go to the appropriate section now, instead of doing nothing, when ability doesn't exist. When you select a Pokemon in Gen 1, it goes to moves. When you select an item in Gen 2, it goes to moves.

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi Joim, Great to see that you are vastly improving the team builder for old gens. Can I make one suggestion, being that when you create a new team that you be able to choose the gen before you select a Pokemon. This makes it easier because you have to choose the Pokemon you want to start with then go back and chose the gen and tier for the team builder to cancel out the items/Pokemon that are not in the generation. Instead when we hit new team, we are able to chose the gen before choosing a Pokemon. Thank you!

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi Joim, Great to see that you are vastly improving the team builder for old gens. Can I make one suggestion, being that when you create a new team that you be able to choose the gen before you select a Pokemon. This makes it easier because you have to choose the Pokemon you want to start with then go back and chose the gen and tier for the team builder to cancel out the items/Pokemon that are not in the generation. Instead when we hit new team, we are able to chose the gen before choosing a Pokemon. Thank you!

this seems like an http and https problem. I tested it on both, when I use https I get the option to pick the format before choosing pokemon, on http I can't. This test was on Firefox btw

Last edited:
Reactions: FNH

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Any updates on listing the mons in the Teambuilder according to there respective tiers in the given gen?

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Joim, I have one quick change that I think should be done. It is when you are looking at a team and then click back to the list button that it puts back at the team you were at and not back at the top of the list.

Joim, I have one quick change that I think should be done. It is when you are looking at a team and then click back to the list button that it puts back at the team you were at and not back at the top of the list.
It does that already. I think you're talking about when you're looking through the Pokemon in detail. Hit it twice. The first time, you go to the overview of the team, then it'll take you to the full list of teams.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Idk what happened to the teambuilder, but it seems to display the mons dex number instead of the tier it's in and new mons are displayed in older gens? Was this intentional Joim?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The teambuilder is still being worked on and it's receiving many updates by Zarel lately. We'll keep improving it.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
No, I'm done with past gens and don't plan on working on them further.

I don't know what you mean by "new mons are displayed in older gens"? They show up in searches, but as "Illegal", which is how they're supposed to work.

And displaying dex number is intentional. It'd be a lot more code for very little benefit if we were to display past gen tiers in the first column.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Also I'm reworking EVs in Gen 1 and Gen 2, allowing to hand pick them, so, while I'm gonna make all-0 EVs and IVs still default to their max, I recommend that you guys edit your teams and set manually all EVs to max (besides attack, which you may not want maxed, but remember it has a lower limit ;^)).
This is unnecessary. I just made the teambuilder automatically set EVs to max in gen 1-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)