Team: White Cliffs

Changes in RED

Im not going to take all the Credit for this team as the concept and many pokemon were taken from this months Featured OU RMT:
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue8/featured_rmt_ou

Team White Cliffs was based off of many of this teams concepts and uses some ideas that fit my play style.
Rather than the previous RMT this team is more based around Heatran rather than Latias.

Quick Look:

Vanguard
@Occa Berry
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 42 HP, 252 SpAtk, 216 Speed

Moveset:
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Power
-Leaf Storm
-U-Turn

Overview:
The set was originally the same, but with altered evs for more speed. After much Diliberation i changed twave to Earth Power for Meta, Heatran, and other pokemon that would take more damage. This lead generally gets rocks up and can do alot for the team in general.

TooHot4U!
@Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Evs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Special Defense

Moveset:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Hidden Power (Grass)

Overview:
Standard LO tran with a twist. 4 Special attacks and no explosion. This is because i have a nice bait pokemon for blissey. And with the rest of Heatrans moves it is tough to be able to take 2 unresisted fire blasts. THe rest of the moves handle usual counters however.. Twave will be needed to slow down certain threats.

QuieroRojo
@Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 156 HP, 30 Attack, 96 Def, 228 Speed

Moveset:
-Dragon Dance
-Thunder Wave
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Overview:
This set is perfect for this teams main objective, primary counter to Lucario, Heatran, and Scizor aswell as other fightings. Evs: Bulky Dos' defensive evs, with 228 speed to outrun Max Speed neutral lucario hit with waterfall. Thunder Wave lures in many scarf pokes attempting to outrun a +1 Gyarados. However they are sadly crippled. Dragon dance for a sweep. Earthquake is generally not my preference but has worked well on this team. Earthquake was changed to Stone Edge for coverage due to Celebi receiving EP and can now KO Lucario.

Iron Man
@Muscle Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
Evs: 224 HP, 252 Atk, 32 Spd

Moveset:
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-U-turn
-Superpower

Overview:
This set is probably the most controversial on the team so any help would be appreciated.
Bait latias, bait tar, now bait scizor. A set ive come to love as it destroys unsuspecting blisey and mystic gar as well as providing a scout and revenge killer to the team.
Reason for Muscle Band
Expert Belt: Not great supereffective coverage
Iron Plate: Needed more power on other moves for certain OHkos
SO muscle band was the perfect choice

StickyNote
@Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Serene Grace
Evs: 90 HP, 168 Attk, 252 Speed

Moveset:
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch

Overview:
I would first like to state that although the evs have been changed by many people and i have adjusted mine based on other success, i have been running this Jirachi set for over a year. Regardless is a great pokemon, thunder wave crippling iron head flinch and fire punch for Scizor and Luke.

DDR
@Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 6 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd

Moveset:
-Draco Meteor
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Trick

Overview:
Not much to say.. But when you look at the team this set isnt necessary but im a paranoid playr. Even with Twave running everywhere, i still like the insurance just incase a poke gets off a free DD. Trick in case i dont need scarf anymore or to cripple a wall.

Thank You Very Much For Rating!
PLEASE COMMENT! CRITICISM APPRECIATED!

forestflamerunner

Ain't no rest for the wicked
ok first off you dont need t wave on so many pokes. 4 is way too many. two should be enough. i'd reccommend switching celebi's to earthpower and switch qyarados's to bounce if you are so set on paralysis. next, your scizor's muscle band seems a bit eh. if your trying to fake a choice band, it probably won't work unless you ko something. without life orb, if my caalculations are correct, you won't be able to OHKO bulky mence. i would strongly reccomend changing muscle band to life orb. you also may want some sort of ice type move for coverage, but it is by no means mandatory.

Well to clarify I have 3. Thunder Wave is here to cripple fast pokemon attempting to stop Heatran. Earth Power has been considered and ill start testing with it again, however the EVs will need a revamp to 2hko Metagross leads and drop speed down to 216 Evs because none of my moves will have enough of an effect of salamence to have any reason to speed tie.

For Gyarados I am keeping him the way he is, his job is to lure in latias and rotom which he does quite well. Bounce is too reliant on hax and can give my opponent free switch ins thanks for the advice however.

For Scizor. I see what you are saying however Scizor can not OHKO Bulky Mence, nor most Salamence anyway with BP, so a 2hko will be enough. It is mainly here for scouting and trapping blissey which can stop Heatran due to no Explosion.

Thank You for the Rate, Anyone Else??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)