Team We Used To Be Good

INTRO

Hey guys this is my 1st RMT on Smogon so I thought I would give it a go. anyway this team was doing pretty well until I just started loosing too many times so please help this team get back on track and get me on the leaderboard :naughty:

This team is overall pretty balanced offensivley and defensivley and is just meant to beat your opponent one step at a time but feel free to change the playstyle if needed, Since I pretty much can play with all kinds

I have some known problems against Tyranitar as no rock resist is a bust but I manage

Edits in Purple

TEAM WE USED TO BE GOOD
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Def / 252 Spe
o Stealth Rock
o Spore
o Toxic Spikes
o Destiny Bond

Its Awesome that I get to use my Favorite pokemon in my team. Smeargle does an awesome job as a lead thanks to spore he has a 100% reliable sleep which means free set up on slow leads. Stealth Rock is crucial to the any team really so its there and Toxic spikes work incredibly well with suicune. Destiny Bond is just there to nab a surprise kill on an surprised opponent

EVs are standard and max out Defense and Speed.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Ablilty: Intimidate
EVs: 78 Atk / 216 Spa / 216 Spe
o Draco Meteor
o Brick Break
o Roost
o Fire Blast

A big terror to anyteam really Mixmence is a hard hitting pokemon with the ability to outspeed many things and the naive nature only helps it with its killing capabilitys. Brick break is to ensure blissey does not get any free switch ins

Roost is there in place of outrage becuase I dont usually stop SR from getting on the field and I have found it helpful in Many situations

Evs Outspeed Jolly Lucario while hitting a jumpoint in Special Attack and the rest is just filler for attack.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
o U-Turn
o Superpower
o Pursuit
o Bullet Punch

Ohh wow where to start with this one? Scizor is so amazing he can pick off weakened DD mence or just come into the line of Fire and start spamming his Mega powerful U-Turn, but Im not done yet he can also pursuit so foes that could give me some trouble like Lati and Gar.

Evs let me outspeed 6 spe Vaporeon no that they ar that common anyway.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 6 SpA
o Calm Mind
o Rest
o Ice Beam
o Surf

A Terror with toxic spikes is this one. You never know when he is going to sweep. Shuffle cune used to be here but I changed it to give me some reassurance on the Evercommon Dragons Plus I added another phazer to my team

Evs give me some serious bulk because I can boost my other stats and I need him to be able to take those Physical hits

Celebi @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Hp / 56 Spa / 196 Def
o Grass Knot
o Hp [Fire]
o Recover
o Thunder Wave

The last of the celetranwater combo and is a nuisance to take down. He comes in on all the pert leads and procedes to hp fire scouting for all scizors as hp fire is a 2HKO :(

Thunderwave > Leech Seed because I like T-wave support on my teams. It always help me out somehow

The Evs Max out Hp and allow me to 1HKO scizor after coming into SR twice While giving me some defesnive bulk

Latias @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 Hp / 128 Def / 252 SpD
o Recover
o Roar
o Reflect
o Dragon Pulse

Suggested to me by boredombliss This one has worked pretty well, and like her on the team Reflect stops the hurt from Tar and Scizor pursuiting me while roar lets me phaze BP team. Or just get some SR damage on stuff.

The evs just max out Speed while giving me some bulk To go along with the great defensive stats and typing

This seems like a pretty stable standard team for OU. But I'm not sure you want to allow Stealth Rocks to be set up since Mence is such a chunk of your team. Even with Roost to heal, do you really want to take a turn to do that? I suggest Roserade in Heatran's place, you can outspeed a lot more, and you can get practically the same coverage with HP Fire. You also eliminate a ground weakness on your team by removing Heatran.

That's all I've got for now, I might post back later with more.

This seems like a pretty stable standard team for OU. But I'm not sure you want to allow Stealth Rocks to be set up since Mence is such a chunk of your team. Even with Roost to heal, do you really want to take a turn to do that? I suggest Roserade in Heatran's place, you can outspeed a lot more, and you can get practically the same coverage with HP Fire. You also eliminate a ground weakness on your team by removing Heatran.

That's all I've got for now, I might post back later with more.
My biggest thing is Rade doesn't get stealth rock though and there is really no other place to put it

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Good balanced team here, really solid and well built. Not much I could suggest but firstly, I think you should consider Outrage over Roost on Salamence simply because Blissey is somewhat hindering a good solid sweep for Suicune. At least Salamence helps by denting Blissey or putting pressure on it. Earthquake won't do as much as STAB Outrage. Or if SR is really troubling you, try using the Classic MixMence, hitting Blissey will still be pretty hard. As Brick Break's BP would be 150 and a STAB Outrage would be 180. The exchange of power for roost might be big, but its another option to choose from.

I don't know if its me, but for a team like this, I think Toxic would be great over Explosion. Heatran loves to lure shit like bulky waters, and bulky Pokemon in general. With a Toxic'd Latias, Vaporeon, it makes life easier for Crocune to set up with much ease and take a huge load off Salamence's sweep. I mean yeah, Explosion kills them but smarter players love to play around with switches. Toxic acts as a safety move overall without loosing Heatran. This way you can use Timid Nature over Naive.

Ice Beam over Roar on Suicune would be good as your not really taking advantage of entry hazards to fully live up to roar's potential. But instead, Ice Beam acts as a safety move vs. Salamence. This way, you take a huge load of Scizor's back and it really won't enjoy a +1 Outrage. (Assuming it gets locked in on Scizor or threaten Salamence away, giving it a free DD). Ice Beam also ensures you can play around with Latias much better. Point is, Scizor can't check 100 things, and taking some threats off its back is a good thing. You never know, most Pokemon run teams with Latias / Salamence. Latias loves to lure Scizor in, free Pursuit, you loose 50%+ of your HP from Surf, and free DD and switch in for Salamence, and now what? I hope you get what im saying here. gl. hope i helped.

this team is pretty solid just a few comments

on salamence you could try using 176 EVs, or possibly 180 or 184. This is just enough to outspeed a jolly lucario and KO with earthquake, as i dont feel taking any speed ties with other salamence is a good idea. roost has always been my preferred over outrage as well so good job.

celebi should have at least 56 SpA EVs, so it can KO scizor after 2 switchins, or cripple it so badly it cannot switch back in

when i saw suicune i immediately thought this team needs toxic spikes, like frogbandit. that suicune set isnt going to work very well, since no sleep talk means they have 2 turns to do whatever while you sleep. this is my suggestion. put sleep talk over roar. also, take out blissey and heatran and put in a) a setup lead, and b) a toxic spiker. unfortunately taking out blissey means no special wall. my toxic spiker of choice is forretress

Forretress@Shed Shell
Sturdy
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Careful
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Payback
Rapid Spin

double hazard, i recommend the rapid spinner since only one of your pokemon is immune to toxic spikes/spikes and the other is SR weak

as a phazer i would go with zapdos
Zapdos@Leftovers
Pressure
248 HP/(224 Def or SpD)/36 Spe
Bold
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave/Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Ice]
Roost
Roar

pick the defense, id go with physical because it serves as a secondary check to lucario and scizor
in the second slot, heat wave is for lucario and scizor, HP grass is for swampert, i dont recommend since it doesnt come close to KOing, and ice is for dragons, most of which thunderbolt can handle though

otherwise:
Latias@Leftovers
Levitate
128 HP/128 Def/252 Spe
Timid
Reflect
Roar
Recover
Dragon Pulse

this counters both infernape, by the way NP mixape would run through this team, and hidden power fire latias, since scizor is your only counter to latias but it is destroyed by HP fire

Good balanced team here, really solid and well built. Not much I could suggest but firstly, I think you should consider Outrage over Roost on Salamence simply because Blissey is somewhat hindering a good solid sweep for Suicune. At least Salamence helps by denting Blissey or putting pressure on it. Earthquake won't do as much as STAB Outrage. Or if SR is really troubling you, try using the Classic MixMence, hitting Blissey will still be pretty hard. As Brick Break's BP would be 150 and a STAB Outrage would be 180. The exchange of power for roost might be big, but its another option to choose from.

I don't know if its me, but for a team like this, I think Toxic would be great over Explosion. Heatran loves to lure shit like bulky waters, and bulky Pokemon in general. With a Toxic'd Latias, Vaporeon, it makes life easier for Crocune to set up with much ease and take a huge load off Salamence's sweep. I mean yeah, Explosion kills them but smarter players love to play around with switches. Toxic acts as a safety move overall without loosing Heatran. This way you can use Timid Nature over Naive.

Ice Beam over Roar on Suicune would be good as your not really taking advantage of entry hazards to fully live up to roar's potential. But instead, Ice Beam acts as a safety move vs. Salamence. This way, you take a huge load of Scizor's back and it really won't enjoy a +1 Outrage. (Assuming it gets locked in on Scizor or threaten Salamence away, giving it a free DD). Ice Beam also ensures you can play around with Latias much better. Point is, Scizor can't check 100 things, and taking some threats off its back is a good thing. You never know, most Pokemon run teams with Latias / Salamence. Latias loves to lure Scizor in, free Pursuit, you loose 50%+ of your HP from Surf, and free DD and switch in for Salamence, and now what? I hope you get what im saying here. gl. hope i helped.
Awesome suggestions man I'll be sure to try them out

Thanks,

Edit: @Boredom bliss I dont really like forre too much but I will try it out. I do agree that toxic spike could really hellp my team here. NP Infernape isnt too common anymore so thank god for that but I have ran into some trouble usually I predict around it and build up some LO damage then I BP with scizor

How does blissey not counter Hp fire latias?

Maybe a smeargle lead with Toxic Spikes and SR could be used here? Suggestions?

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
Drop the HP Evs on smeargle and move them into defense. Max defense means that you will never be 2HKO by Metagross's Bullet Punch.

Drop the HP Evs on smeargle and move them into defense. Max defense means that you will never be 2HKO by Metagross's Bullet Punch.
Done. Thanks, I will edit once I get to a computer but right now I'm on my iPod :p.

I was wondering today does smeagle actually need max speed? I mean not too many leads have speed around the 70's it's either way higher of way lower

You need to fix up the EV spreads on the last two Pokes. I think it's clear what those stats are but just looks weird.

Forretress@Shed Shell
Sturdy
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Careful
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Payback
Rapid Spin

double hazard, i recommend the rapid spinner since only one of your pokemon is immune to toxic spikes/spikes and the other is SR weak
Not only that--If Smeargle is outsped by other SR-using leads, he's likely gonna have to switch out. Considering Kel wants to keep using it, entry hazards will make the item useless. And hopefully there won't be harmful weather before then.

You need to fix up the EV spreads on the last two Pokes. I think it's clear what those stats are but just looks weird.

Not only that--If Smeargle is outsped by other SR-using leads, he's likely gonna have to switch out. Considering Kel wants to keep using it, entry hazards will make the item useless. And hopefully there won't be harmful weather before then.
I'm not quite sure what your saying here it's worded weird?

I dont NEED to keep anything I would change anything that could make my team better in any way shape or form

No, not what I meant (just the numbers by themselves) but you've got it now.

A Rapid Spinner wouldn't be absolutely vital as three of your guys are immune to Toxic Spikes, and two wouldn't care much.

If you think Smeargle would be more likely to switch out for fear of Taunt or Fake Out, Focus Sash wouldn't have to be used but maybe Leftovers or another general purpose item. I just think the faster leads tend to be more popular, but I don't know for sure.

By the way, it seems like you'd do well against my current team. Mine is pretty much specially-based and running SpecsMence instead of MixMence. (I'll probably post my RMT sooner or later.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)