Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/136 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Blast
- Stone Edge
---

Rhyperior is my lead. He has very few bad match-ups, and can take out most leads with a Life Orbed Earthquake or Stone Edge. Rock Blast is to deal with frail Sashed pokemon, as well as Sub users.

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
Careful nature (+SpD, -SAtk)
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

I wanted something that could still take on Venasaur, but I didn't want it to be so one dimensional like Weezing was. I decided to go with the bulky set because I needed some stuff that could take a few hits. Arcanine seemed to fit pretty well so I tried him and really liked him. I realized he lost pretty much all of his bulk with rocks on the field, so I decided I needed a Rapid Spinner. Claydol made a great partner for him becaus he was able to come in on most of Arcanines weaknesses, while Arcanine does the same for Claydol.

Manectric (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spe/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Switcheroo
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
---

I don't think there is very much to say outside of, "This thing hits like a fucking truck!" Switcharoo is for Chansey and Cleffable counters... Or an Physical set up pokemon for that matter. It is also great for predicted Sucker Punches... Even better if the Puncher has an Orb...

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/112 SAtk/144 Def
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rocks

With Arcanine on my team, I needed a pokemon that could get rid of spikes. Claydol was perfect because he could come in on most of Arcanines weaknesses as well as work as a general wall. The EVs are ripped straight from the Smogon guide, so there isn't much to discuss there.

Well, I really had nothing I could do against Venasuar, so I decided I needed a sleep absorber... My team was also lacking any kind of wall, so Weezing also helped there. Will-O-Wisp will also help some of my frailer sweepers come in without being threatened by physical hits. Will-O-Wisp can even let me get a free switch since most Physical hitters will switch out of Weezing, fearing that they will be crippled.

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 232 HP/252 Atk/24 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Return
- Waterfall
---

I wanted something fairly bulky that could hit hard, I had to look no farther than Azumaril. With its great typing and coverage, not to mention its relative bulk, I just couldn't deny that it was more or less exactly what my team needed. His priority is also very welcomed... Who doesn't love a bit of extra priority... especially when it is hitting that hard. Oh, he is also my Houndoom and Moltress counter.

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Foresight
---

The first thing some of you may be wondering is, "Where in the hell is Fake Out?" Well, I got tired of there always being a Spiritomb to poo on me. Well, let's see how he likes a super effective, Life Orbed, STABed Close Combat after I get him with Foresight on the switch... Mismagius will probably die to his Mach Punch as well. Beyond him actually being able to get around Spiritomb, he makes an amazing revenge killer and Rain check. I am very happy with the current set on Hitmontop.

On Rhyperior i believe that you should replace Focus Sash with Leftovers since the only thing that Sash is helping you survive is Omasters Surf,and Cloyster's Surf. I also suggest that you change the evs in speed to 124 to give because the evs you have don't seem to help you outpace anything special,while these evs allow to outpace Omaster leads.Now i was testing your team on ladder and got swept 3 times by SubPlot Mismagius SubPlot Mismagius can switch into Weezing,set up a subsitute,and if ti gets the chance,it will set up Nasty Plot,afet this it can sweep your entire team if it is behind a sub.To fix that problem i used a Spiritomb over Hitmontop and it solved the Mismagius trouble,this is the set i used.
Spiritomb@Choice Band
Nature Adamant,Evs 252 atk 252 hp 4 spD
Sucker Punch/Shadow Sneak/Pursuit/Trick

With that Spiritomb you can trap and kill Mismagius with ease and remove it from your sight forever.

Hope i helped,gl.

Hitmontop is usually my answer to Mismagius... I have never had any problem with them... I don't know why you are... His bullet punch will break the sub and the second will usually kill it... Even then, you should have Azumaril to back you up...

I will definitely change Rhyperior's EVs though... But I will run a couple extra just to outrun shit that EVs stuff to outrun the standard Rhyperior... I just feel safer that way...

I would say that outrunning other Hitmontops is a bad choice:

Your Hitmontop Used Close Combat
You're down on -1 Def

enemy's Hitmontop Used Close Combat, it is much stronger!!

It will be worse if it switches in on you with Intimidate!

On Hitmontop, I suggest changing close combat to revenge as it gets a technician boost and it doesn't lower your Hitmontop's decent defenses. Foresight really shouldn't be placed on this set as apart from taking down Spiritomb (mismagius, as previously quoted can be taken down with bullet punch) it is practically worthless. Sucker punch would probably work better.

Also, Scarf Gardevoir is much too gimmicky. It lacks too much in the defense compartment. The moveset leaves you completely walled by steel types (leaving switcheroo as the only option) and choice banded pokemon like spiritomb, absol can just come in and pursuit it to death. You don't really need a scarfer anyway as you have priority from azumarill and hitmontop.

For Manectric, use the specs set as it is more of a hit and run pokemon and the power boost is definitely welcome. If you run life orb, even though it may seem good on paper, it will probably be wrecked due to the abundance of priority, scarfers and status moves in the UU metagame.

The only other thing about this team I want to comment on is the lack of synergy that is present among your team, which is very important in competitive play. For future reference try building a team around a FWG (Fire, grass and water) core.

Apart from that, this team is quite decent, gl.

I would say that outrunning other Hitmontops is a bad choice:

Your Hitmontop Used Close Combat
You're down on -1 Def

enemy's Hitmontop Used Close Combat, it is much stronger!!

It will be worse if it switches in on you with Intimidate!
I didn't think about that... I will change it back.

On Hitmontop, I suggest changing close combat to revenge as it gets a technician boost and it doesn't lower your Hitmontop's decent defenses. Foresight really shouldn't be placed on this set as apart from taking down Spiritomb (mismagius, as previously quoted can be taken down with bullet punch) it is practically worthless. Sucker punch would probably work better.

Also, Scarf Gardevoir is much too gimmicky. It lacks too much in the defense compartment. The moveset leaves you completely walled by steel types (leaving switcheroo as the only option) and choice banded pokemon like spiritomb, absol can just come in and pursuit it to death. You don't really need a scarfer anyway as you have priority from azumarill and hitmontop.

For Manectric, use the specs set as it is more of a hit and run pokemon and the power boost is definitely welcome. If you run life orb, even though it may seem good on paper, it will probably be wrecked due to the abundance of priority, scarfers and status moves in the UU metagame.

The only other thing about this team I want to comment on is the lack of synergy that is present among your team, which is very important in competitive play. For future reference try building a team around a FWG (Fire, grass and water) core.

Apart from that, this team is quite decent, gl.
I don't like the idea of revenge because it doesn't have the immediate power on slower pokemon... Fake out realy wasn't helping me and sucker punch isn't solving my problem. Sucker punch is also setup bait... I would rather stay away from it.

Gardevoir isn't as gimmicky as you think... It's not like I am using it just for those things... That's just some stuff it can do. Also, it's not nearly as frail as you seem to think, I have had it survive plenty of things, even Mismagius' +1 shadow ball on the switch (Though you have to be at full, or near full, health) and then OHKO it back.

I still haven't gotten around to testing the LO set yet... I completely get what you are saying... but I still want to give it a try.

I have had no problems with Synergy so far... The WFG core isn't always needed... Though, I would like you to point out how I am lacking in synergy... Just in case there is something I am missing.

Edit:
I may test Focus Blast on Gardevior, that way it will have something to do against Houndoom and Steels.

Hi, I'm not so good but i'll try to help a little.

First, as mentioned, a Nasty Plot Mismagius behind a sub will totally destroy your team. To prevent this, use Spiritomb, wich is by no means a bad poke. Shadow Sneak could be very good if opponent's Mismagius has used NP first, cause he probably won't have enough HP to sub.

You have a lot of choice items. I usually don't like to have SO MUCH CHOICE items on my teams because if your opponents is an expert battler he'll find easy to play around them. Change at least one moveset. I suggest to replace Choice Band on Azumarill with a SubPunch set, because Azumarill just loves bulk. Better if he had Substitute: a 101HP Sub is no thing to scoff of.

Another thing, Choice Scarf on Gardevoir is really AWFUL. He does have a really good 125 Spa Stat, why not to use it? If you trick a choice scarf on an incoming Absol you're in a really bad spot, but if you trick it a choice specs HE is in a bad spot. I really don't like the idea of tricking a Scarf on things that could be deadly.

I think your team should have a better core. I mean, where's sinergy? I agree with you that WFG is really a over-used core, really predictable (but it works, that's for sure).

Except this, I think that your team could work with some prediction.
GL!

If you lose to a Mismagius, you are playing it completely and utterly wrong. Switch to Top as it Subs, Bullet Punch to break the Sub as it plots up, then Bullet punch it again to kill it... That's how I do it every time... I have yet to lose to a Mismagius with this... Hell it doesn't even take out 1 Poke.

I am quite aware that Tomb is a great pokemon, I have ran many, but putting it on the team to counter Mismagius would be like me trying to fix something that isn't broken. Perhaps it's not the best analogy, but you get the idea.

Choice Azu is better for me... I have never liked SubPunch.

I have always preferred switching Scarf onto most pokemon... Especially considering the pokemon I am wanting to Trick it onto. Besides, I have plenty of priority to take care of most anything I trick it onto.

Not once did I say I had a problem with such a great core being over used, I just simply stated that it isn't always necessary. I know that it works, but it wasn't working for this team... I had the FWG thing going and ended up changing it because it didn't work for this particular team... That was actually one of the reasons Azu was put on here in the first place.

I am not trying to be a hard ass and just push everyone's recommendations to the side because I think I am extremely good or anything, it's just that you guys are trying to fix something that I am having no problems with and are actually working very well for my team.

Shadow Ball ain't an OHKO on Mismagius if I remember correctly... Still don't see how Missy can sweep Nate's entire team, though. When you have 2 priority users, 1 pokémon that can out pace it and almost KO it, and a pokémon that can speed tie it if worse comes to worse, I'm pretty sure that it means that SubPlot/SubCalm Mind Mismagius is pretty well covered. At most I could see Missy taking out 1 pokémon, but that ain't anywhere near being completely swept by it.

... I feel the need to defend my poor Gardevoir set :( Having tested her in the lead position myself for awhile, I can account for her coolness and surprising bulk. She can take a hit or two, probably outpace what ever threw said hit at her, and then fire back for a pretty good amount of damage, possibly KOing them or 2hit KOing them, depending on the situation (She'll usually do her job unless life's decided to suck for you or something ) That being said, if anything, I think Thunder Bolt should be tested on her first before focus blast is tested. Just because it's more accurate and will be able to hit steels and darks for neutral damage while still being able to hit water types for super effective if you were to take energy ball off, which might be your best bet.

The only problem with getting rid of the grass move is that I can't revenge Duggy without sacrificing all of my HP EVs... Only three attacking moves makes this hard...

The only problem with getting rid of the grass move is that I can't revenge Duggy without sacrificing all of my HP EVs... Only three attacking moves makes this hard...
Don't forget that you won't be able to one hit the fossils either... At least, I don't think you'll be able too... That being said, I don't think getting rid of Shadow Ball, which would probably be your next best choice, would be to great of an idea either... You might want to do some calculations to see how much damage Thunder Bolt/Psychic would do to Alakazam/Mismagius since those are the main things your hitting with Shadow Ball. If their still 2Hit KOed then you might be able to get rid of Shadow Ball instead of Energy Ball and be OK...

Sorry for the wait everyone.

Unfortunately, it looks like I will not be putting T-Bolt on Gardevoir. It just isn't powerful enough to 2 hit Mismagius. Nor is my Psychic if it is carrying Leftovers... It looks like I will be sticking with the set I have got... Besides, I have pokemon that can deal with Mismagius and the Steels and Darks that wall Gardevoir...

Why not try replacing your lead and spinner? Frankly, I'm very uncomfortable with them. Your lead gives you 2 4x weaknesses in Grass and Water. This is not good knowing that these are very common attacking types. The only plus with having Rhyperior as your lead is that it can take Lead Ambipom's Fake Out + Taunt but even then, Low Kick variants might give you problems [although Fake Out Ambipom escapes with ease anyway.] Anti-Lead Arcanine might work out for you:

Arcanine@Lum Berry
EVs: 192HP/252Atk/64Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Overheat/Hidden Power Grass
Toxic

Now your spinner. Hitmontop is a little too frail to be able to take continuous hits and still have the ability to fulfill its job. The only reason that you would want to use it as your spinner is Foresight but then again, this is a waste of a turn and a moveslot (and Technician being able to boost Rapid Spin's BP to a stunning 30 -.-) I suggest replacing this with a Donphan.

Donphan@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Def
Moves:
Assurance
Stealth Rock (the analysis gives you 3 options but since you lost Stealth Rock, it is recommended that you choose it in this case.)
Earthquake
Rapid Spin

Hope I helped.

Why not try replacing your lead and spinner? Frankly, I'm very uncomfortable with them. Your lead gives you 2 4x weaknesses in Grass and Water. This is not good knowing that these are very common attacking types. The only plus with having Rhyperior as your lead is that it can take Lead Ambipom's Fake Out + Taunt but even then, Low Kick variants might give you problems [although Fake Out Ambipom escapes with ease anyway.] Anti-Lead Arcanine might work out for you:

Arcanine@Lum Berry
EVs: 192HP/252Atk/64Spe
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Overheat/Hidden Power Grass
Toxic

Now your spinner. Hitmontop is a little too frail to be able to take continuous hits and still have the ability to fulfill its job. The only reason that you would want to use it as your spinner is Foresight but then again, this is a waste of a turn and a moveslot (and Technician being able to boost Rapid Spin's BP to a stunning 30 -.-) I suggest replacing this with a Donphan.

Donphan@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Def
Moves:
Assurance
Stealth Rock (the analysis gives you 3 options but since you lost Stealth Rock, it is recommended that you choose it in this case.)
Earthquake
Rapid Spin

Hope I helped.
A couple of things

1 ) Ambipom is a pretty bad match-up against Rhyperios as all it can do to Rhyperior is kinda hurt it and remove it's sash, while Rhyperior can, I'd imagine, kill it or hurt what ever switches in quite a bit. Ambipom can stop Nate from setting up stealth rock, but knowing Nate's playstyle (He's my irl friend, in case your wondering ), He probably won't care all that much. I've seen several of his battles and Rhyperior doesn't seem to have to many bad match-ups, but he is thinking of possibly switching him out for something else anyways.

2 ) He isn't using Hitmontop to spin. Nate actually doesn't worry to much about stealth rock unless he's running something that's weak to it, which he ain't.

For the record, Nate's looking for something to replace Weezing that can give him more options but still be able to take on Vensasaur. He's looking for possible pokémon that could work on the team and doesn't care if it comes from UU, NU, or NFE, so if anyone has any ideas, he'd really appreciate it. I'm thinking that his best bet is a venasaur lure, but I'm not 100% sure what he could use to do that job that would fit the team (the best Venasaur lure that I can think of is an offensive Milotic, and he's iffy on adding one since he's already got a water type on the team. I'll make sure that he keeps you guys posted if he makes any changes to the team.

Edit: As I was typing this out, I came up with an idea that could solve his problems. You see, he wanted to maybe test a banded sneasel or a Murkrow on his team, but wasn't sure since he would then have a very frail, stealth rock weak pokémon on his team with no rapid spinner. He could always replace someone with a rapid spinner or something, but then there's the possibility that he could lose something in the process. But, why can't he run rapid spin over bullet punch on Technitop? I don't think there was any other problem that he ran into (outside of Sneasel's potential onesidedness, a problem that he's having with Weezing. ) so I'll relay the idea to him and see what he thinks.

Okay, I decided I needed to make some changes to the team since I didn't like Weezing. It was just too one dimensional and I just really didn't care for it. I decided to try a bulky Arcanine and really liked it. Unfortunately, I needed a pokemon that could spin rocks away, so I decided to go with Claydol since he paired well with Arcanine and gave my team more bulk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)