TEAM AT A GLANCE

LEAD-

Roserade @choice scarf (Marijuana)
ABILITY- Natural Cure
EV's- 252 spd 252 sAtk 4 hp
TIMID
MOVES=
-sleep powder- puts things to sleep and puts a chance for infernape sweep
- sludge bomb/extrasensory/ suggestions?- sludge bomb for stab while extrasensory for coverage.
- leaf storm/ stab and good damage overall.
- HP ground- takes down heatrans fire types and steel types.

Roserade is a lead that works for me. It comes in and Sleep powders and renders one of my opponents pokes useless (unless I miss or they wake up super fast D:) It also outspeeds lead ninjask and puts it to sleep. I hate ninjask leads.... The ev's are to reach max speed.

AGAINST TOP 10 LEADS
AZELF
- I outspeed and put it to sleep
AERO-
I outspeed and put it to sleep
swampert
- they usually switch predicting a leaf storm so i use sleep powder
Machamp
- Depends on its held item. If it has lum i'm screwed
Metagross
- Switch to heatran
Jirachi-
I outspeed and sleep powder
Infernape
- Fake out doesn't do a whole lot and I outspeed. After a fake out i use sleep powder.
NInjask-
I outspeed and use sleep powder. They usually use sub predicting im slower and i'll use sleep powder. These leads are annoying if they use protect 1st.
Roserade- I use sleep powder and they usually switch. I'll use sleep powder again because Roserade usually have natural cure.
Hippowdon- They switch predicting a leaf storm so i use sleep powder.

Stealth Rocker and terrorist
(with the power to make earh eruptions and a flame thrower :D
)

Heatran @ shuca Berry (Terrorist)
ABILTY- Flashfire
EV's - 252 satk 252 spd 4 hp
HASTY
Moves-
- fire blast- stab and great damage
- earth power- takes out opposing heatrans and coverage
- Stealth rocks- entry hazards, helps wear down gyrados which my team has probles against
-explosion- damages or kills thigs my team may have a problem with. With shuca berry my heatran doesn't get killed by gyrados if they use EQ and does good damge, enough for another poke to come in and revenge kill it.

Heatran usually comes in after Roserade outs something to sleep. The turn they switch in use rocks and depending on what comes in -
a)i attack
b) i go boom.
WIth the shuca berry I usually live a ground move and boom. TERRORIST. He and Roserade resist each others weaknesses. He usall
note- never let heatran on a plane. He'll melt the metal XD

ev's reach max speed and hasty to have as much attack as possible. Explosion is very useful against things like swampert. Only roserade and Jolteon can take out swampert.

THE STAR(fish?)- NOT JIRACHI lol (Melted Shiva)

Starmie @ choice scarf
ABILITY- natural cure
EV's- 252 spd 252 satk 4 hp
Timid
MOVES-
-trick- Cripples walls like blissey and Vaporeon
-t bolt- used to kill gyrados and my first gyrados counter
- ice beam- Kills dragonite and flygon and grasses
-surf- stab and used over hydro pump for my pp and reliability.

This guy works well. If a gyarados or a d nite comes in and gets a dd up this guy comes in and OHKO both with t bolt and cie beam respectively. Trick is for walls or something that's boosting and i cant kill. He handles a lot and can take some hits as well. 80 def and 80 s.def are pretty good.

ev's to reach max speed. Timid over modest because I ohko Gyarados and dragonite anyways.

THE LIGHTNING ROD

Jolteon @life orb (Thunder Cat)
ability- Volt absorb
EV's- 252 satk 252 spd 4 hp
timid
Moves
- t- bolt (duh)- stab and awsome damage
- hp grass/ hp ice - handles ground and water types like swampert while hp ice is used to kill d-nite and flygon.
-shadow ball- filler but can do good damage against celebi who can't kill my subs in one hit with grass knot.
- charge beam- replaced substitute as sub was useless and charge beam allows me to raise my sp.attck

One of my swampert counters and a great sweeper. It can also be sort of a tank as a gengar's shadow ball doesn't do a lot depending on the set. Jolteon is a very important member because he can take two bullet punches from Scizor and 2hko it. I have 3 scizor counters :)

yellows hard to see and i enjoy purple :D

The status absorbing cabbage!

Celebi @lefties (onion knight)
ability- natural cure
252 hp 220 def 36 spd
Bold
moves-
-T wave- spread around para which can help my infernape sweep
- hp fire- Owns scizor and other steels and grasses
-grass know- Stab and good against waters like swampert
-recover- i like my celebi healthy

As many suggested, Machamp wasn't very a very good status absorber and even i thot he wasn't pulling his weight (which is a lot XP) so i am now testing celebi! His access to a good healing move and a status move is better then Machamp. Also celebi is a decent tank XP. His cuteness is a plus and overall more bulky then machamp

REPLACED MACHAMP AS CELEBI IS WAY MORE BULKY AND USEFUL

THE MONKEY KING thats on fire! hello china eating monkeys is wrong!

Infernape @ salac berry (Ifrit)
ability- Blaze
EV's 252 attack 252 speed 4 s.def
jolly
moves-
- sub- gives a second chance
- close combat- stab and great power
- stone edge- coverage. Handles fliers and other stuff. Works well even though its regular effect.
- sword dance- 2X my attack, YES PLEASE

This is my own set (i hope i was the 1st). Pretty simple actually. I come in on a sleeping opponent and sub. After i get the sub i sd as much as possible or a faster opponent comes in like gengar. Then i use sub until i get my salac boost and sweep. Its awsome. I've told others to use it too cuz this guy has swept almost in all of my games when i was using this new team!

ev's to reach max power and speed. Jolly over adamant because i need as much speed as possible to outspeed scarfed Flygon.

EVERYONE QUESTIONING THIS SET-
Let me explain something,
1- even though it takes 4 subs to activate the salac there is almost always gonna be stealth rocks in play. SO after three subs i activate the salac with enough HP to spare against weather like sandstorm and hail.
2- Doesn't matter if infernape isn't bulky enough, i usually come in on a sleeping opponent and set up OR I cause a switch and then set up. A gengars Shadow ball will not kill me unless i have under 50%l life

RATE AWAY!!!

Note-
I feel like machamp isn't doing well. Can anyone give me a better replacement? I am also lacking priority and lately I've felt its VERY important. (too much LC lol)

UPDATE- More specific and and nick-names!
Celebi has replaced machamp

Man.Make Your Things More Interesting -.-.....Anyways,DD Gyarados Wrecks Ur Team And Scarf Roserades Aint the Best Thing Eva.First,On Jolteon,Use Signal Beam > Substitute Due To Celebi Which Can Toxic/T-Wave Ur pokes To Death.

Machamp Replacement Use Vaporeon With This Set

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
Ev's:188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
Moveset:
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Surf
~ Hidden Power Electric / Ice Beam / Toxic

And For Infernape,Its Weak,The Defense Are Weak,So It Aint Good.It Cant Pull Off That Combo

Replace It With This

Infernape @ Life orb/Black Belt
Jolly/Adamant
Ev's:252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset:
~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
~ Stone Edge / Mach Punch

I pwn gyrarados wit starmie and no im not gonna switch Infernape because it works -.- Also Jolteon 2hkos celebi when stealth rocks in play with shadow ball.

Why do you have a Scarf on Starmie? With a Timid nature and full investment he has ridiculous speed already, being outsped by about 4 pokémon in the entire game. If you ran Choice Specs, you'd have 50% extra attack power at no real cost. Plus, many switch ins would hate to have Choice Specs over Choice Scarf. Also, you then wouldn't have any problems with Swampert, since Surf outspeeds and 2HKOs with Specs.

If DD dragons/gyara are a problem, just switch in Jolteon as they DD instead. With max speed investment he'll outspeed even a +1 252 Speed Adamant Dragonite with ease. If you replace HP Grass with HP Ice, you'll be able to reliably OHKO Dragonite/Flygon with it whilst also OHKOing Gyarados with Thunderbolt.

Also, poison is a terrible attacking type, being resisted by Ghost, Ground, Rock and Poison types, which are all pretty common. Plus, Steel pokémon are completely immune to it. So that's 5/10 of the most common leads which it won't scratch, with it not being super effective aginst one. Although it's okay for a surprise revenge kill, on a Scarfed lead, it's just all too easy to set up on. It doesn't look like you're using it at all, anyways. I would switch it to Extrasensory, which destroys Machamp and Infernape leads. Standard Machamp gets 2HKO'd 100% of the time, whilst Infernape even stands a slim chance of being OHKO'd. It also 2HKO's almost every Roserade you'll find, should you not want to use sleep powder for some reason. Extrasensory is only resisted by 3/10 of those leads, and is super effective against 3 of them. A much better choice :D

Oh, and if you don't like Guts Machamp, try Guts Swellow. He can lure in Electric attacks for Jolteon to absorb, and he outspeeds almost the entire game, which is nice. Plus, he gets 210 BP STAB Facade and 180 BP STAB Brave Bird, which are devestating to anything that doesn't resist it. You also get the versatility of U Turn and Pursuit, which lets Swellow make the most of creaming Psychic types. He struggles against Steel and Rock Types, but Infernape eats those for breakfast, so you should be fine.

The set you are using for Infernape, is just not going to be very effective. The biggest problem with it is that you don't have a HP stat divisible by 4 (which is necessary for any Pokemon that wants to run a Sub+Berry set), so you cannot just Sub three times and activate your berry. Next, like many other Sub+Berry sets, Infernape will easily be worn down by Sandstorm damage. And it takes more than 25% from CB Scizors Bullet Punch and any Vacuum Waves/Mach Punches from other Infernape. I would try this Infernape instead of your current one.

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Thunderpunch
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch

This Infernape is great for luring in its counters and defeating them before they get the chance to do anything. Bring Infernape in on a Pokemon that will switch out, and either use Thunder Punch or Swords Dance on the switch. The main reason you would use Thunder Punch on the switch is if you are afraid that a Starmie is switching in. T-Punch would give you a 50% chance to OHKO Starmie with SR, and ~66% chance to OHKO Gyarados with SR.

Instead of Machamp being your Status Absorber, I would try a Celebi. With Natural Cure, Celebi can take any Status thrown at it, and switch out.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

As I said before, Natural Cure lets Celebi absorb status for your team, while it provides a very useful ground resist for your team (you currently have 3 that are hit for SE damage and 3 for neutral damage). This Celebi also spreads paralysis support for your team, crippling opposing Scarfed Pokemon, as well as other fast Pokemon like Gengar, Jirachi and Infernape.

I would also change Substitute on Jolteon. With Life Orb, Substitute and possible Sand Storm, Jolteon will be worn down very easily. I would recommend either Baton Pass or Signal Beam as a replacement. Signal Beam is to hit Celebi and Tyranitar, while Baton Pass will allow you to scout your opponents counter(s) for Jolteon.

Thanks for the suggestion. i have been debating whether to change the item or set of starmie but not spinner because none of my pokes take 25% from rocks. But i can't really rely on the nature because a jolly d nite and a jolly gyarados have cost me a game. I am definitely changing sludge bomb though.

Danmantincan,
I will not change my Infernape set. I never use it unless i see a scizor killed or stoppable. It is usually used after i see my infernape counters eliminated.

Gotta work on presentation. Black and white, loads of caps, lots of underlining, messy. Go to the RMT Archive for some help with that.

This team looks so similiar to one of mine 0.0. Against Jirachi leads, you should immediately switch to Heatran as most Jirachi leads are Scarfed. You seem to have stopped in the middle of a sentence in your Heatran description.
ev's reach max speed and hasty to have max attack.
Hasty raises Speed, not Attack so you won't get max attack. I assume you meantnot reduced Attack. Modest>Timid on Starmie as your opponent will probably switch, and Modest makes you hit whatever comes in, hard.
3 Substitute attackers? Are you serious? Jolteon looks fine with that set. Guts Machamp isn't that great. Close Combat wit Substitute is complete lol. Guts isnt activating when you have a sub up, so ditch Guts for No Guard. Close Combat lowers your defenses, making your machamp withstand jackshit. Replace with DynamicPunch. Have 248 HP EVs and 8 Speed EVs to outspeed Blissey while maintaining good bulk.
I second the recommended Infernape set.

Typo List:
EVs, not EV's
"Earth" in "earth eruptions" spelt incorrectly
Stealth Rock, not Stealth rocks

I don't want to recommend any drastic changes yet. If I have the time, I may edit this. Right now, your team is Gyarados weak. If Starmie goes down, you're pretty much screwed. Fairly Starmie weak as well.

EDIT: GtM, if he finds a max speed Gyarados or Dragonite, he's dead. Machamp kills Roserade before the second Extrasensory and Infernape has Focus Sash. If you Extraseonsory it, it can set up Stealth Rock. I think danmantincan's tips are helpful

that problem hasn't happened yet and i realize machamp sux :P he was a filler lol. If it happens im probably gonna change the team around. Is celebi a good gyrados counter? I wana try this on my team- comments?

jirachi @ lefties
252 hp 128 def 128 atk
impish
Moves
- t wave
-iron head
-thunder/ fire/ ice punch
- wish

I have used this on my Togekiss and Jirachi paraflinch team and it worked well. Jirachi took the physical hits while Togekiss took the special ones. Will jirachi work well on this team?

Your Machamp is definitely out of place. I suggest using the standard Bulky Gyarados. Not only is it an excellent stall breaker, but also a great defensive counter towards the likes of Lucario, which has a good chance of sweeping your whole team. Gyarados' Flying-typing also grants you an immunity to Earthquake, something your team is greatly weak to (half the team takes super effective damage from it). A prominent Earthquaker is Scarfed Flygon. Of course, Flygon can also counter Gyarados, but your Scarfed Starmie takes care of it.

Gyarados also attracts every team's Thunderbolters. That's when Jolteon comes in to recover Life Orb's shock and to begin setting up. Speaking of Jolteon, it's highly recommended of you to use the standard set. >_>; I didn't know how good Charge Beam was until I saw it in action. It can be ridiculous. And you don't need Substitute with Jolteon. You're better off Charge Beaming on the enemy switch (which will practically raise your Special Attack every time) while boasting higher coverage than the current Jolteon you're running right now.

Consider charge beam on Jolteon. You get a 54% chance for a +1 boost every time you use it. Just use it when it'll force a switch or kill the pokemon that is in, then potentially get much stronger sweeping potential. You'll gain the OHKO on bulkier pokemon.

You lose the guaranteed kill on Celebi but turn a lot of 2HKOs into OHKOs.

If you find yourself unable to take down bulky pokemon with Jolteon consider the switch.

Rotom262 please only comment on my team -.- I will be changing sub to charge beam and completely taking out Machamp. thnx guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)