Team Suggestions

Hey everyone, I'm trying to make a battle spot doubles team, and could use a hand tuning the team. Currently, using Kingambit and Farigaraf in trick room has had a lot of success. Looking for help finding any weaknesses I could address, thanks!
Kingambit @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
- Protect
- Tera Blast

I chose to try out Kingambit, mainly looking to have a good defiant pokemon. I chose to make it a bulky set, trying to get the boost off the opponents intimidate. I chose to make this mon tera fire, in order to better deal with some of the dark/steel weaknesses.

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Acrobatics

I tried to just make a standard Roaring Moon set here. I wanted to use the booster energy along side acrobatics to try and put out a lot of damage. I also made is tera flying to make the acrobatics pack more of a punch.

Talonflame @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt

Here I wanted a good tailwind setter, one that could hit a little harder than murkrow. Gale wings tailwind alongside max speed Brute Bonnet makes for a fast and easy spore. I chose brave bird and flare blitz as my stab moves, and taunt for more support when needed.

Farigiraf @ Life Orb
Ability: Armor Tail
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick Room
- Imprison

For Farigiraf, I wanted to have a bulky special attacker. This mon can also set the trick room up to make Kingambit more of a threat, as well as stopping priority with the armor tail ability. I gave it Imprison as to also help stop other trick room setters when I bring the faster side of this team. Every other Farigiraf I've seen so far run the same attacking moves as this one, so it also helps shut down that pokemon.

Brute Bonnet @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Rage Powder
- Spore

Max speed Brute Bonnet can get spore off very efficiently, allowing for a much easier game. I brought close combat and sucker punch for good damage, and rage powder for when I need to help keep another pokemon alive an extra turn or so.

Gyarados @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

I have this Gyarados mainly just for it's coverage as well as having intimidate. I like it for it's ability to take fighting moves very well, allowing a safer switch in to keep my Kingambit around for later. I think I would like for this set to be made bulkier that what I am currently running.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon

What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it

What are all 4 moves for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)