Team SnowPlow (Alternetive OU RMT)

Introduction

I not one who enjoys playing a standard run of the mill team. I enjoy teams that have a little twist or at least a general theme. With that said, A few weeks ago I decided to design a team that played the complete opposite of most standard OU teams while still being able to win consistently and climb the ladder. With that in mind I present to you "Team SnowPlow".

Team Building Process

I decided that a good think to base a team around was stallrein, and why just one stallrein how about two; Walrein himself and his less durable yet faster cousin Glalie. Backed up by limitless hail, this would net me a minimum of four KOs if used corectly.

Next thing that came to mind was maximizing the potential of the dual stallreins with Toxic Spikes. This immediately made me think of Roserade, as a lead she can set up T-Spikes and put a lead/switch-in to sleep.

With the dual stallreins able to take out four pokemon that leaves two left, and the only other pokemon I know that can consistantly aquire two KOs is a Lv 2 Endeavor Clefable w/trick room and hail support. Already having the hail, Clefable would fit in quite nicely.

For my last spot I needed a pokemon to provide trick room and be fast enough that during Trick Room it would attack last allowing it to take a hit then U-Turn to Clefable. Therfore allowing Clefy to come in with it Focus Band untouched.

After a bit of testing, I am finding it hard to set up T-Spikes with Roserade agianst faster lead or leads with taunt. So I removed Roserade in place of Tentacruel and gave Abomasnow lead. As an added benifit, having Abomasnow as a lead saves me a couple turns of switch-ins to set up hail.

The Team in Detail

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 140 Atk/252 Spd/116 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Wood Hammer

Before I gave Abomasmow the lead, I was using a sub-seed variant of him with little to no success. Once I gave him the lead I decided to change his set up into a Choice Scarf variant netting him a respectable 360 speed. I’m doing wonders with him now against Taunt Leads and still being able to out speed most of the other commonly used leads. To another note, his move set allows him to be my check for all rapid-spinner and the less common grounded poison pokemon, both of who seem to enjoy removing my toxic spikes.
---

Tentacruel (M) @ Nothing
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf

Tentacruel is one of my two switch-ins after Abomasnow (the other being Jirachi). Their typing complements each other allowing me to easily be able switch into one of them and set up the powerhouses of my team. Tentacruel has two real jobs, the first of which setting up Toxic Spikes. His second function is removing Toxic spikes from my side of the field because the severely limit the capability of Stallrein. HP electric is there for Skarmory, who resists not only my entry hazards but also Toxic itself not to mention its uncanny ability to heal itself.
---

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Trick Room
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
If I am incapable of switching in Tentacruel I resort to Jirachi. Jirachi’s role on my team is primarily to set up a Lv 2 Clefable sweep. This is achieved by using trick room then U-turn. The speed EVs are there in order to allow Jirachi to attack last when trick rooms up. Therefore enabling Cleafable to switch in unharmed.
---

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP/240 Def/48 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roar
- Protect
- Substitute
- Surf

Stallrein is by far my teams MVP, netting me an average of three KOs per game. The simple process of alternating between Substitute and Protect is able to stall out any two non-leftovers pokemon. When put in conjunction with T-spikes, he can easily wipe out whole team.
---

Glalie (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic

Stallrein’s cousin Glalie is the near equivalent to doubling Walreins PP. In conjunction they can eliminate a minimum of four pokemon. To another note, Glalie can pick up the slack that Stallrein leaves. He is able to taunt pokemon with a recovery move effectively stopping one of the more common counters to a Stallrein spree. On top of that, he can toxic pokemon w/levitate or a flying type.
---

Clefable lv2 (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
IVs: 0 HP/0 Spd
- Endeavor
- Protect
- Recycle
- Gravity

The last of the powerhouses of my team, Clefable is able to get Two kills after Jirachi has set up trick room. Although unlike his fellow Stallreins, he is able to eliminate precisely the pokemon I want. Whether it be the Skramory my Stallreins can’t stall or a DD Salamance I am unable set up on. Besides the obvious, If Clefable cannot get a trick room from Jirachi for whatever reason, she is able to also perform a stall similar to that of the Stallreins by alternating between Recycle (renewing the Focus Sash) and Protect, still being able to achieve two kills just taking longer than it would to use a double endeavor. Gravity is their mainly as a filler, although there may be a scenario where it is actually an advantage to inflict a flyer with Toxic Spikes over just killing them with endeavor.
---

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
How does recycle + protect keep you alive? After the first activation of the focus sash, you are at one HP, at which point a focus sash is useless.

Erm, about the clefable set, did you actually try it? Focus Sash only works when the pokemon holding it is @ full health.

EDIT: Beaten by jc104 but seriously, your team needs to be tested first before you post it, the reason there's RMT is because when you don't know how to improve it, you can ask for help. The problem here is that you didn't even try it. Without knowing fully about the common threats you'll face, we can't really help you. Also, your pokemon's descriptions are lacking words, Stallrein and Glalie that is.

The 2 people above me are correct, that Clafable set won't work the way you hope it does. Change it to this:

~Endevor
~Wish
~Protect
~Encore

Wish and Encore are just fillers, but there are situations were they will be useful. I've ran a trick room team before with this and I was able to encore crap like sub CMing jirachi and substituting machamps, forcing switches and endevoring more stuff. You can also wish to other teamates when you know they have a ghost on their team and got nothing better to do.

The concept of double-stallrein is good, and there's another way to approach it that you might want to also consider:

if you use a CRESSELIA with LUNAR DANCE it can bring back all of your walrein's health and pp for substitute and protect, letting you go through the whole stallin cycle twice.

this means that by combining two stallreins into a single walrein, you get a free cresselia with more supporting moves

this is obviously more risky, as if the single walrein dies you have no backup, but I have personally used stallrein + lunar dance cresselia to a moderate lvel of success.

just thought it was worth mentioning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)