Team Regice

Hi, this is a balanced team that has worked out well for me on PO. However I feel it could be better, since oftentimes it relies one pokemon to stop a specific threat from sweeping. If that pokemon dies, I am in danger of getting swept.

TEAM-BUILDING

Well I was looking to build a team around an unconventional Specs-user. So I looked around for a pokemon that met 2 requirements.
A) They had good Special Attack.
B) They didn't already have a Specs set in their analysis.

Out of all the choices, Regice stood out the most, so I choose him.

Which pokemon really hurts Regice? Infernape (and scizor/tyranitar, but Regice can kill them with some prediction). So Tentacruel was a natural choice to support Regice. He also can spin away rocks that really hurt Regice.

Now I needed a lead that could stop SR for getting set up in the first place. (Tentacruel isn't the most reliable spinner, seeing as Rotom eats him up). Standard suicide lead Aerodactyl seemed to do this job well.

I needed a pokemon to stop Fire based attacks aimed at Regice, so I picked Heatran.

Celebi made a good defensive combination with Heatran, so I choose it as well.

Finally, I needed a pokemon to stop stall and to check Lucario/Metagross. Stallbreaker Gliscor seemed like a good choice.

Now onto the team!

----------------------------------------------------------

Terrordactyl (Aerodactyl) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Moves: Standard suicide lead Aerodactyl. SR is nice for my team since Celebi, Gliscor, and Heatran force switches a lot.

Changes: She does her job, but nothing else usually. Does anyone have a better lead that can stop rocks?

Note: She is female to stop the (rare) attract leads.

Machamp: SR, then die and switch to Tentacruel. Kind of a crappy match-up.

Azelf: Taunt and SR.

Swampert: Taunt and SR.

Roserade: Taunt and SR.

Stinger (Gliscor) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Moves: Standard Stallbreaker Gliscor. Roost provides nice recovery, and U-turn helps scout out the other team.

Changes: Toxic would be a nice addition, even though I have Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel. However all my current moves are very useful, so I'm not sure what to replace with Toxic.

Vesuvius (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roar

Moves: I don't like the prediction associated with ScarfTran, so I used a substitute version. It also lets me use Roar to phaze enemies.

Changes: Maybe Explosion over Roar (to kill Suicune/Blissey). However, Roar is very useful.

Tinkerbell (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Perish Song
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- U-turn

Moves: I needed another phazer in case Heatran was dead or couldn't do his job for some reason. For example, Heatran can't stop Crocune, so Perish Song was needed. Grass Knot for an attack. Recover was recovery (duh). What's nice about it is that I can Recover hp faster than Scarftar can kill me through pursuit. U-turn for scouting (I usually use it after I switch in on, say, Swampert, or on an enemy's pokemon's last turn of Perish Song).

Changes: Thunder Wave would be nice to help Regice sweep.

Squidward (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Sludge Bomb

Moves: Toxic Spikes are a necessity for this team to get past the infamous blob: Blissey. Rapid Spin stops SR from destroying Regice. Surf and Sludge Bomb for STAB attacks.

Changes: Not the best rapid spinner, but needed to stop Infernape.

Freeza (Regice) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Overview: Finally, we come to the star of the show: Regice. I can switch it into pretty much any non-SE special attack, then fire off STAB Ice Bea,s. He is rather slow, but makes up for it with his ridiculous special bulk (almost rivaling Blissey). His attacks do quite a bit of damage even unresisted. He requires quite a bit of support and prediction to use well, but it's definitely worth it.

Moves: HP Fire catches Scizor on the switch-in. Focus Blast catches Tyranitar the same way. Both are OHKOs. Ice Beam for stab, and Thunderbolt rounds out the BoltBeam set, hitting everything the other moves don't. If you haven't realized, this set of moves is completely unresisted.

EVs: 252 SpA for maximum damage. 252 HP and 4 Def for maximum bulk. Regice isn't outspeeding anything important anytime soon, so I didn't bother with Speed EVs and used a Modest Nature over a Timid one.

Changes: Definitely not.

Other:

A Wish passer would be useful for Regice, as it will be taking lots of hits and has no means of recovery. However, I'm not sure what to switch out for what.

----------------------------------------------------------------

THREAT LIST

Offensive Threats:

Breloom: Celebi.

Empoleon: Regice can withstand even Torrent-boosted +1 Surf after SR and KO back with Thunderbolt.

Infernape: Can rape most of my team except for Tentacruel. If Tentacruel goes down, it's often over. However, Gliscor can survive a Fire Blast from Physical MixApe and EQ it.

Agility Lucario w/ Ice Punch: I rely on Gliscor to stop him, and Ice Punch screws him over. Normal Lucario is stopped though.

Agility Metagross w/ Ice Punch: See above. Luckily it's not as common.

Scizor: Heatran.

Gengar: Somewhat dangerous. Although if Focus Blast misses (which it usually
will), Heatran and Regice can take care of it.

Tyranitar: Gliscor checks it.

Flygon: Gliscor walls it.

Gyarados: Celebi.

Kingdra: Celebi can survive any of its attacks and Perish Song. Grass Knot does decent damage to Kingdra as well.

Jirachi: Heatran. If HP Ground rapes it, then I have Gliscor.

Rotom: Regice/Heatran. Even Rotom-H doesn't do TOO much to Regice with Overheat. (3HKO)

Starmie: Regice.

Suicune: Celebi.

Heatran: Tentacruel/Gliscor.

Shaymin: Heatran.

Dragonite: Regice can survive a +1 Outrage and KO back with Ice Beam. MixNite Superpower rarely OHKOs as well.

Jolteon: Regice absorbs its attacks and KOs back. Heatran does well too.

Defensive Threats:

Hippowdon: Regice.

Blissey: Walls 2/3 of my team, and Aerodactyl hardly counts since he's a suicide lead. I rely on Gliscor to Taunt it, as well as Toxic Spikes.

Zapdos: Gliscor taunts it, then it can't do much.

Skarmory: Heatran.

Forretress: See above.

Celebi: See above.

Gliscor: Regice.

Swampert: Celebi.

Vaporeon: Regice.

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks for your time, and please rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)