Ability: Sand Stream
EV's: 252 HP, 212 Defense, 46 Special Defense

Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Roar
Slack Off
Earthquake

Overview:
Hippowdon is the Ring Leader for this team. It is the epitomy of stall. Tough to take down, a layer of support for the team, phazes set up pokes, recovery, and 1 attack is pretty much makes a standard stall pokemon. Although it doesnt act as a fantastic lead, it is generally the best option for stall. Stealth Rock is necessary aswell as roar so faster set up pokemon dont ravage the team. Max HP for optimal defenses 212 Defense evs to bulk up the physical side. 46 Special defense Ev's to bulk the special side.

Forretress
@Shed Shell
Nature: Careful
Ability: Sturdy
EV's: 252 HP, 44 Attack, 212 Special Defense

Moveset:
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Payback

Overview:
FORRETRESS IS THE MAIN POKEMON TO THE OPERATION OF THIS TEAM! With that said it is important to keep him alive which is what the rest of the team is going to do. Enough said about how important it is, but rather why it is so important. Spikes and Toxic Spikes are how this team does its job. Toxic to Stall and spikes to rack up switch damage as many pokemon wont be able to do enough damage to these 6 great walls. Rapid Spin to combat other stall teams so i can get the upperhand. Payback is there to hit Rotom-A on the switch so i can rapid spin later. Shed Shell is to get away from Magnezone/Magneton.

Rotom-H
@Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP, 6 Special Attack, 252 Speed

Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Overheat
Trick

Overview:
What stall team is complete without an anti-spinning ghost. "Lampshade0wns you're so stupid, who runs a Choice Scarfed pokemon on a stall team?" It was chosen mostly due to the fact that i needed a Gyarados check. Aswell as a way to Outspeed certain pokemon who may be able to set up and are not easily phazed by 2 pokemon on my team. Note however that this pokemon staying alive is crucial thus the 252 HP evs for max defenses. If i end up going against another stall team there is no point in keeping my scarf around so i can then cripple the ever so common Blissey. The defenses should no longer be a problem since most stall teams wont hurt rotom too much. No recovery is fixed by Wish from Blissey to Rotom-H Fighting resist.

Blissey
@Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 Defense, 164 Special Attack, 94 Special Defense

Moveset:
Ice Beam
Toxic
Wish
Protect

Overview:
Blissey makes it yet again on another stall team. Blisseys fantastic HP and Special Defense make her the best Special Wall again. Toxic on a team of Toxic Spikes is to hit levitating and flying pokemon not hit by Toxic Spikes, Ice Beam>Flamethrower because Lucario and Scizor are already checked by Gyarados. Ice Beam is to Hit Gliscor that will wreck this team. Evs: Max Defense obvious. 164 Special Attack EV's to OHKO Gliscor after SR and Leftovers. The rest were dumped in Special Defense.

Tyranitar:
@Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Sand Stream
EV's: 252 HP, 40 Defense, 216 Special Defense

Moveset:
Curse
Payback
Rest
Sleep Talk

Overview:
Curse Tyranitar is my secondary special wall. Blocking Heatran by setting up and Refresh Latias that will beat Blissey. These are its main jobs. However rest + sleeptalk a set up move and payback will rack up Toxic damage and allow for a sweep this pokemon is not a truly key member but is important nonetheless.

Gyarados
@Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 248 HP, 244 Defense, 16 Speed

Moveset:
Waterfall
Roar
Rest
Sleep Talk

Overview:
This pokemon becomes a fantastic asset. With Gyara and Blissey complimenting each other perfectly it provides great Synergy. Waterfall for damage, Roar for Secondary Phazing, Rest+Sleep Talk for survival. It counters: Heatran, Scizor, Lucario and many many many other physical sweepers. Gyarados is a welcom addition to this team.

THANKS FOR READING PLEASE COMMENT WITH FEEDBACK!!!

Looks like a nice team Lamps.

Few suggestions though.

I don't think Hippo is useful at all due to the speed and a offensive lead would rip through it also that you already have a phazer and not a taunter, so in my opinon this is what you should do use Gliscor and replace it with this set:

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
EVS 252 HP 220 Speed 36 Def
Moveset:

Roost
Earthquake
Taunt
Stealth rock

But that's pretty much it, and all I can think about.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Hi. I just have one suggestion for your team. Change Payback to Crunch. Crunch has higher PP so you won't be PP stalled out as easy, and Crunch also has a nice Defense drop. You'll have a higher chance of beating Skarmory and other dedicated physical walls that try to stall you out. Other than that it looks solid so good luck!

Thanks Fady and Sprinkles for your rates. Ill definitely change Gliscor in for Hippowdon since i was skeptical of Hippo as a lead from the beginning. But im going to change the spread to: 202 HP, 88 Attack, 220 Speed. And Sprinkles im gonna do some testing before i change to Crunch.

yay more semi-stall. Never gets old :D

looks like you have a good team with all of the threats covered pretty well. the only thing I see is that you have a major Gyarados weakness if Rotom were to be pursuited, and you also have a Mixed Salamence weakness. I could also see an endgame Suicune or giving you some problems. One thing that seems a little sketchy to me is your inclusion of both Blissey and Cursetar. While it is cool that you manage to slip both of them on, isn't there something better than blissey you can put in that spot to cover some of those threats? It seems as though putting in a standard Celebi set over Blissey and using Swampert over Hippowdon would alleviate some of your problems, but that leaves you without a wishpasser to keep Pert and Forry healthy. Its tough to have a stall team without a decent answer to Mence though...not sure what to do about this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)