Team Para-Hax

To start off, this team originally was going to be a joke for the sole purpose of annoying people with para-flinches, but then I saw how incredibly effective this team was, so I thought to myself "Master Morty, I wonder what would happen if I improved it? so, three days later here I am with my pride and joy Para-hax team

Team At A Glance,

More In-Depth
Aerodactyl

@Focus Sash
Jolly
Pressure
evs- Atck-252 Speed-252 Hp-4
moves:
firefang
rockslide
taunt
stealth rock
overview: regular suicide lead set with a twist, he has fire fang which destroys most other leads (combined with rockslide). He is my main Aerodactyl counter; when I see another Aerodactyl, I use rockslide as they taunt-fail and only helplessly get a stealth rock up. I then rockslide their next pokemon (taunt usually breaks here, then just set up stealth rock as he dies *Huge Update* I've noticed that Aero gets an abnormal amount of flinches off of rockslide. is it luck? or is it a glitch caused by the fact that my pokemon's nicknames run close together? I don't know, but apparently it doesn't exxert its pressure at the beggining and I am convinced it has serene grace off of Togekiss

Blissey

@leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure
evs- hp-24 defence-252 sp defence-232
moves-
Charm
Wish
ThunderWave
Seismic toss
Overview: I call this the "Lol Blissey" because of how much trouble it causes physical attackers. This wonderful little egg is a great suicide heatran counter (Which would screw me otherwise), plus a special/physical wall. this is how it works: I see a special attacker about to ko togekiss/Jirachi and I switch in Blissey, who acts like it just had a feather flung at it when it gets hit by the attack. I use charm as they switch into their scizor/whatever and then thunderwave, or wish, the take it from there

Togekiss

@Leftovers
Bold
Serene Grace
Evs- Hp-252 Defence-129 Spdefense-120
moves:
airslash
aura sphere
Water Pulse
roost
Overview: Togekiss is without a doubt, my favorite pokemon of all time, and there's a reason for it. Togekiss has bulky defences coupled with solid HP and great special attack, and if that's not enough, it has serene grace, and airslash. combine that with Paralysis, and you get one cheapo of a Pokemon. *Update* now it does something even worse than paraflinch, para-flinch-fusion!

Zapdos

@Leftovers
Pressure
bold
evs- hp-248 defence-228 speed-32
moves:
Thunderwave
Thunderbolt
Roost
Roar
Overview: This Giant Mountain of yellow feathers's set was invented by me. it's a phazer/thunder shuffler/just plain annoying. this guy has phazed many of a 'mon outta their substitute or stat boosts, and has spread paralysis to many teams.

Raikou

@Leftovers
Bold
Pressure
evs- hp-252 Defence-156 sp defence-100
moves:
Magnet rise
ThunderWave
Roar
Thunderbolt
Overview: Thanks to Ryan for this one. Raikou is a backup phazer to help Zapdos spread paralysis around the foe's team. Raikou has the same bulky defences as zapdos and is equally as hard to take down, especially when it uses magnet rise to rid itself of all weaknesses.

Last but Not Least Jirachi

@Leftovers
Adamant
Serene Grace
Modest
evs- hp-252 attack-252 defence-4
moves:
ThunderWave
Ice punch
Thunderpunch
Iron head
Overview: Jirachi is a great Para-flincher with a strong STAB flincher and a Bolt-Beam combo. It has taken on many pokemon with type advantages over it, and come out on top with it's Haxy Para-flinch. I Have the bolt-beam combo on it instead of wish, because with bolt-beam, no pokemon in OU resists it, making it stronger, and it gets a leftovers boost, so it really doesn't need a recovery move.

Team Overview: My team focuses on paralyzing the foe, and flinching them to death. this can be very annoyoing to the opponent. So far this team has helped my win 3 out of every 4 battles I do with it, and so far, has no counters that I can see. please comment, and help me improve it. Thanks -Master Morty-

haunter

Banned deucer.
please expand your descriptions for Togekiss and Jirachi or I'll have to lock this thread.

You have a huge weakness to one of the most common attack types in the game, Ice, I suggest that to ease this a little you replace Dunsparce with Raikou, it's a set much like your Zapdos' set, and it can act as a second PHazer, because I've used that Zapdos before, and it rarely gets through a whole team. Here's the set:

Raikou @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold
252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Sp.Def
Thunder Wave / Roar / Calm Mind / Substitute

Basically it will give you a second chance to PHaze through the whole team without having to use Thunder Wave on one of your sweepers, and could even allow you to free up a spot on them.

If you don't care about your weakness to ice you can use Latias over Dunsparce or maybe Blissey. Here's the set:

Latias @ Leftovers
Levitate
Bold
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp.Def
Thunder Wave / Roar / Wish / Dragon Pulse

It can take Special hits really well, just like Blissey, you can run a defensive set for Latias instead of a special one, it's up to you. I'm suggesting these two because it would ease the pressure on Zapdos to PHaze through other teams, and if you have two Pokemon spaming Thunder Wave and Roar it will free up a move slot for your sweepers. For example with two Pokemon carrying Thunder Wave and Roar you can now give Togekiss Nasty Plot, or give Jirachi Fire Punch.

Overall great team, but be prepared to have a lot of people rage quit against you lol. Good luck, hope my rate helped.

Jirachi is pretty good at taking ice hits, but thanks for the Raikou idea, I will try that. (But I don't want to use that stereotypical ou team that everyone uses, so I can't use Latias)

Arrghhh! this team looks so annoying, I suppose that's the point though. I think that instead of blissey use a skarmory as spikes and stealth rock on a team that can force switches and shuffle through teams will only add to the annoyingness(?). Also, it seems as though a DD tyranitar rapes this team so skarmory has another level with which it helps.
Props for using dunsparce! But, why would you use glare, which has 75% accuracy, over thunder wave (if it's for ground types could you clarify that part).
btw that team overview at the end is unnecessary.

the funny thing is I actually had a dd tyranitar at the beggining, but exchanged it for jirachi. the chances of Tyran getting paralysed in a battle against this team is 78.9376% possible, thereby completely ruining tyran's day. oh I also use waterpulse on togekiss for para-flinch-fusion to add to the fun

Since Jirachi is resistant to Stealth Rock, immune to Toxic Spikes, and generally a beat defensively, you might want to consider Wish over Thunder Wave, and adding a Kings Rock over Leftovers for the added flinch.

I agree with Raikou, as any fast, strong electric type rips through this team (Jolteon's STAB Thunderbolt, Electivire's Thunderbolt/Thunderpunch will also do a number...and even Lanturn can be annoying).

Additionally, Thunder Wave on every Pokemon is not necessary and is repetitive. You can easily open up slots for Thunderbolt, Body Slam, etc.

Rotom-A can rip holes through this team with a strong STAB Thunderbolt, especially if it is scarfed, as many of them are. Additionally, it can switch in on Headbutt, Seismic Toss or Aura Sphere and use Trick, crippling your Pokemon for the rest of the game and getting a nice Leftovers and free turn out of the deal because you will have to switch. From there it can either Will-o-Wisp the switch in, use Thunderbolt (which will hurt every single Pokemon on this team except for Blissey and possibly Zapdos), or set us a Sub to Protect it from Thunder Wave and use Charge Beam until the boost kicks in. You'll need a strong user of Pursuit or Sucker Punch to remedy this problem. Heracross, although declining in usage for a number of reasons, fits the bill well and has good typing synergy for the rest of your team. He can take a Thunderbolt and doesn't mind being Tricked into wearing a Choice Scarf. Another good Pokemon to consider is Snorlax, who takes Special Hits extremely well (especially with Wish support from Togekiss or Blissey), has a sexy base 110 Atk and also uses Body Slam to paralyze foes, and can use either Headbutt, Iron Head, Rock Slide or Zen Headbutt to flinch foes. If you run Snorlax, do it over Dunsparce and run Wish on Togekiss over Roost. Running Thick Fat on Snorlax also provides much-needed resistances to Fire and Ice, neither of which your team resists.

Why is Jirachi running Modest on an all-physical set? Additionally, Foretress walls Jirachi entirely. Switch one of your attacks to Fire Punch to fix that (Fire Punch also hits Bronzong, Skarmory, etc that resist Ice Punch and Iron Head). You could replace Iron Head, but then you lose that wonderful 20% chance of flinch. Alternatively, you could run Leftovers or Kings Rock, and simply replace T-Wave with Fire Punch and run four attacking moves, but then you'd be better off moving all that HP to Speed and running a Jolly Nature, which this team isn't really about. That, and the elemental punches aren't idea for sweeping with.

On Blissey, unless you feel you absolutely need the extra 11 defense points that a Bold Nature adds, use Calm. This is simple mathematics: 1.1 times 10 only adds 11 points to your stat, but 1.1 times 135 adds...a lot more. Additionally, with fearsome special attackers like Gengar, Latias, Lucario, Heatran, Azelf, and SpecsMence running around, to name but a few, Blissey needs that extra Special Defense. Additionally, you'll probably want to move some Sp. Def or Def EVs into HP, because 24 HP is not going to cut it.

That's all the glaring problems I see for the moment. Love the idea of the team, though. ParaFlinch is possibly the most sadistic strategy in Pokemon besides Wobbuffet.

@Acredula King's Rock is banned. I understand about Latias, it's a bit too overused. About Jirachi, I would consider running 252 Spd and maybe a Jolly nature on Jirachi to take advantage of its above average speed, and it would fully capitolize that aspect of Jirachi. However I could see how the added bulk on Jirachi could really help. Nasty Plot could really help on Togekiss because with a Nasty Plot under its belt its Air Slash does so much more damage, but on the other hand if the confusion from Water Pulse really helps that much then I would keep it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)