Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just in general everyone should watch youtube videos of their class while waiting for the long ass download of the game. The TF2 wiki tends to be reliable, and a quick youtube search will show you some cool stuff.

Oh my god, I normally don't complain about 'noobs' because I started a week ago too but, goddammit this game is now full of incompetent people =__=, is probably because of the free play, I was playing that game where you need to capture the points, I was a Blue Scout, and my team doesn't defend me at all, we got like 5 spies, FIVE SPIES!, why?!, and 4 Engies!, no medic, no heavy, nothing useful, I alone captured all points in like 10 games, and most of the time under enemy fire because my team was...I don't now, there was a time in which I can't simply pass through 2 sentries in the reds base, so after like 8-10 minutes of trying I turned into a Spy (we have 4 already so, I thought it wasn't necesary), and guess what, zapped both sentries, killed the engie, and captured the point =_________________=, how nobody does that before?, I mean, I'm a noob, I started a week ago, but that's not excuse for sucking that bad :/, those kind of things are logical, skills comes with practice, I hope that people stop using only snipers, engies and spies and realize that a good offensive team needs heavies, medics and such
By the way, I'm still enjoying this game a lot :I

Heheh. I love the melee only map as medic. Because crossbow XD There is nothing better than having range and healing when nobody else does.

You think thats good? Try playing Demoman with the Half-Zatoichi and one of the shields.

On that note, playing as spy in Degroot is great fun. Since almost everyone has only melee its so easy to backstab or just bail if you mess up.

pub play is easy - the team with more medics wins, a team full of healthy, incompetent people will probably beat a team of competent, wounded people

or you could pick your best class and carry, it seems to be a lot easier now with the less skilled players coming in. had a rampage as sniper last night, 12 headshots and 4 bodyshots in one life (map ended before i could get more) because scouts like to run in a straight line

I just started playing this game, and Pyro is fun as hell. It's infinite levels of fun burning stupid Spies that run at me.

This is probably even worse of me to complain about since I've only been playing for a matter of days, but I know when I see we have 3 snipers already, I will NOT be picking sniper even though it's my main class. I often see people overloading a single class like this, and it annoys me to no end.

we got like 5 spies, FIVE SPIES!, why?!
this is because your eternal reward is the most fun thing ever. i played some king of the hill community made map and was just tearing through the other team. i only managed 8 backstabs in one life because after that, we won. this may have been helped by the fact that i was the only spy on my team, and everyone else was holding the point really well. oh well !

New players as spy are hilariously obvious. "How do you know I am in disguise you are a hacker"

In any case, the new demoknight stuff is so funny, especially with aircharge now.

Yeah, new spies are very stupid, when I was an engie there's always some suspicious guy who approached me and I just blowed his head up .-., I laughed everytime that another red engie called Charro appeared near me xDD, or some random class that wasn't in my team, I was laughing and telling that spy via chat "c'mon man, try harder, my team don't have a Scout!"

And the Demoknight is strong as fuck D:, I don't know if it was just the guy who was using it very pro or what but it killed me like 10 times in a row :/

Btw, I still don't main any class, I normally use whatever the team needs most, but I like to use the Scout, Sniper and the Engineer. The Scout is weak but is very easy to use and can kill a Heavy in a 1vs1, Sniper just because I was always good with that in Counter Strike when I was a kid :U, and the Engie because I like the support role more than the offensive, building teleporters in the enemy base is a lot of fun.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
would anyone know how to host a TF2 server? a smogfortress server would be really neat-o

as for a class that i main, i don't really main any class, but i have by far the most playtime as the pyro.

yeah if you see 3 or more of one class on a 12-person team and you're only good with that class, please pick something else, especially if it is spy or sniper

i play off and on but i am practicing more and getting pretty good with demo and medic, as well as being decent at pyro

I've had random crashes on map load :X

edit: On the flip side, even if the team is full of soldier/demo/medic you can still go those classes if you're better than all the other players running them. The benefits of practicing every combat class :P

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I also wouldn't mind helping out some new players, I have a hefty amount of items

http://www.tf2items.com/id/59672

Anything on that first page I wouldn't mind trading (I also believe you need to buy an item first to get access to trading so I don't know how helpful I'll be).

I'm generally fair 1 for 1, unless it's something newer or valuable. Also don't buy items you can get through achievements, look those ones up.

You guys make tf2 sound very unappealing
TF2 is the most fun game I've ever played. You just need to be "not stupid" about playing it. It's very varied and can be really awesome if you get somewhat decent teammates, which aren't too few and far between.

Sigh.. I can't even play online. As soon as I FINALLY get into a game, it tells me I have connection problems and automatically disconnects.

I also wouldn't mind helping out some new players, I have a hefty amount of items

http://www.tf2items.com/id/59672

Anything on that first page I wouldn't mind trading (I also believe you need to buy an item first to get access to trading so I don't know how helpful I'll be).

I'm generally fair 1 for 1, unless it's something newer or valuable. Also don't buy items you can get through achievements, look those ones up.
You can receive items on Free to Play, you cannot give items. This is to prevent people making mass idle accounts with Free to Play and then giving it to their main accounts.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
No doubt there's some upgrades to vanilla weapons. But class balance isn't changed much. The one weapon that comes closest to release Sandman or Backburner is the Tomislav.
Didn't the Pyro update add compression blast to the default Flamethrower at the same time it added the Backburner? It was arguably worse even with the +50 HP.

You know, I wouldn't mind pushing myself to playing some again if I still don't have a job in the next couple weeks but I am pretty worried about being so behind the curve now after being out of the game so long. :( I've never even played medieval mode, let alone know of all these new-fangled weapons and maps and stuff... Like shit, Pyros can finally weapon-jump?

Didn't the Pyro update add compression blast to the default Flamethrower at the same time it added the Backburner? It was arguably worse even with the +50 HP.

You know, I wouldn't mind pushing myself to playing some again if I still don't have a job in the next couple weeks but I am pretty worried about being so behind the curve now after being out of the game so long. :( I've never even played medieval mode, let alone know of all these new-fangled weapons and maps and stuff... Like shit, Pyros can finally weapon-jump?
Yeah, valve decided to ease up on trolling the shit out of the pyro by making it somewhat less bad. (SOMEWHAT)

yeah if you see 3 or more of one class on a 12-person team and you're only good with that class, please pick something else, especially if it is spy or sniper

i play off and on but i am practicing more and getting pretty good with demo and medic, as well as being decent at pyro
how to win pub:

do not fucking play spy ever if there is another one on your team, because you are shit at spy and you will fuck the other spy up by being shit

do not snipe unless you can aim

do not play pyro unless the enemy team has 3+ spies in which case why haven't you won yet

do not play scout on defence

if you dont know what to play, play medic and stick onto a heavy or play soldier and spam the enemy

how to have fun:

do whatever the fuck you feel like

I play medic a lot but it does get boring after a while. Especially since so many heavies demand you only heal them. People need to stop spamming 'medic' if they don't actually need it. It's even worse when I'm just over healing Soldiers/Demos since they're maxed out and there's nothing to kill.

doooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit you don't really need anything special to get back, for the first week or two i just rolled with vanilla weapons. then, maybe you try out a new soldier rocket launcher, maybe toy around with demoknight stuff, ease into it. also, the backburner is definitely better than the plain thrower if you play decent pyro, since compression blasting shouldn't really be done that often on offense. you're ideally up in melee range anyway burning away, so that rocket will still hit you if you repel it.

Thorns said:
do not fucking play spy ever if there is another one on your team, because you are shit at spy and you will fuck the other spy up by being shit
corollary: if, after being on the server a bit, you notice your spy is shit, feel free to one up him since the other team probably won't expect someone better. this is of course if you are actually decent at spy and not just running at the enemy team with your team disguised as a guy you can actually see or some dumb crap.

re: medics: yeah, playing medic is a good idea and all, but most likely you will be expected to stay there and never ever change. i'm sorry, most of the time medic isn't really that fun. medic is my second most played class, and i can't even stand it half the time unless i just feel like winning. if i nabbed a quick-fix, i might do it, because that thing looks cool ! also, those problems EricaHartmann mentioned.

*heals a dude a second as he's heading into the fray*
*leaves to help someone else*
WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME MEDIC I WAS GOING IN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)