Team Coon (Gen V)

At A Glance :

This team all began with a simple dream ....to have a team in which suicune can tear other teams apart. So far its been living up to its expectations,but obviously theres a reason why i made a thread. I'm very open to constructive criticism and i would really like for others to tell me their opinions on what i should change. So lets get started shall we....

Jet (Blaziken) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd/ 4hp

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Blaze Kick
- Hi Jump Kick
- Night Slash
- Protect
1st of is my lead. This guy is pure evil!! His goal is to gain advantage and build hype. His moveset is purely for leads. Blaze kick is for those pesky steel leads,Night slash is for the Lati dragons and anything else psychic and or ghost. I only use protect when i know im slower or when i know they wont set up. And last,but not least, High jump kick can single handedly take out 2-4 pokes in a team i mean cmon 130+stab+life orb means it can almost 1hko anything that doesnt resist it.

chompy (Garchomp) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
Ah garchomp! This fella is usually brought out in the 2nd half of the game when most/all counters are gone. The moveset has consistently never failed. I had him scarfed at one point but when they switch to a steel type after my 2nd outrage turn i much rather freak them out with fire fang. Aqua tail is for those pesky balloon Dory and heatran and has always had the element of surprise. The ev spread allows me to do massive damage with Outrage on anything that doesnt resist it,and even if it does resist i can still punch a small hole through them

oink (Doryuuzu) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd /4 hp
Hardy Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
Im very iffy on this guy he has only been useful a couple of times,but he has surprised me. The movepool is the basic dory movepool,but with a twist. Shadow claw my friends is for that pesky Shandera that ive been seeing alot of lately,and as of yesterday im loving it.EQ is a stab move that is just plain smexy against anything that doesnt resist. Xscissor is mostly for psychics including the infamous Rankurusu. And Brick Break is truly aimed at those blisseys. The EV's are the usual and being scarfed has kinda made him into a revenge killer.

The Coon (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
This my friends is the pokemon that has single handedly won me games. The movepool Is the usual offensive cune movepool. This guy has great synergy with everyone in the team and is IMO the biggest threat in my team.Hp electric is my gyara check ,Surf is my STAB move that can cripple teams. Ice beam has taken out more dragons than there are ppl in the world,and last but not least calm mind. I usually calm mind on something i know wont 1-2hkO me and then boom goes the dynamite. The ev spread is for an offensive cune that can also take hits due to its natural bulk,all in all hes amazing.

woof (Zapdos) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- AncientPower
What can i say about zapdos except that when he comes out he does an awesome job of finishing the game with this movepool + great speed. I love this guy to death.For some odd reason sometimes people dont expect heat wave and switch in grass types,i even played a guy who switched a steelix thinking i was gonna t-bolt. T-bolt is my primary stab that allows me to get rid of annoying rain dance teams single-handedly. HP grass is awesome when they switch to swampert,it guarantees a 1HKO on that bad boy.AncientPower is just filler and has only been used like twice. The EV's Are so Zapdos can Outspeed alot of things and at the same time still be powerful enough to punch holes via Life Orb.

Ogre 3 (Heatran) (M) @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 128 HP / 216 SAtk / 104 SDef / 60 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse
I love the evs on this set,but since most heatrans are so predictable i changed the moves a bit. i saw i was having problems with that jellyfish poke so i added dark pulse and havent looked back since. I put HP ice since i took the ever so popular dragon pulse out. Flamethrower over Fire Blast for me since i much rather hit something and most of the time still Do serious damage than risk missing an all important poke. Earth power is for those other Heatrans,Dory's,and SD teams. Hp ice was my Random tech here,but it allowed me to 1HKO Dragons easily,especially the X4 weakness ones. Dark pulse has already been explained,but still pretty random of a move. The EV's were jacked from a thread i saw because it seemed very interesting and since then i havent looked back once. Anyone else love a ballon on heatran?

Heres my team. Im not so sure what im weak against so thats one reason i made this thread. please dont hesitate to help.... ive only been playing for about a month so it should help.

Seems to have a big probem with things like Swampert, if Suicune goes down, the rest of your team will get massivley hurt by it.

Guts Roobo will hurt you as well w/ Facade, mach punch, and Drain punch. Maybe you should try Rankurusu? He's bulky and can counter Roobo. I'm pretty sure most roobo's carry stone edge over payback now. I could be wrong.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Overall I like it my friend. I like all the non-standard coverage moves like Garchomp's Aqua Tail or Heatran's Dark Pulse. I can definitely see you taking out a lot of potential Suicune counters and going for the kill. I do think it's taken a bit overboard though.

For instance, Zapdos-- there is absolutely no reason for Ancient Power, it's not doing anything in particular for the set. This is definitely a spot where you want to use Roost.

Next, Blaziken might want to try Baton Pass over Night Slash-- really, I'd say that should be your judgement call based on how many times you see lati@s switch into Blaziken where you can take them out.

Dory definitely seems out of place here. Scarf Dory? :/ I'd say a scarf jirachi instead. It would really help your team against Deoxys-A, Shaymin-S and even Darkrai. Another potential option is Scartar, as both Lati@s and enemy Rain teams are problems for you overall.

If you do keep Dory though, Hardy is not the way to go. Use Jolly or Adamant.

Finally, as a minor correction, unless you are using Choice Band or Swords Dance, Fire Blast is always superior to Fire Fang on Garchomp. Even with a -Sp.A nature, the difference in power between Blast's 120 and Fang's 65 base make them hit almost exactly the same against enemies with even defenses. The thing is that most pertinent enemies don't have equal defenses, they have much more DEF. Fire Blast is for enemies like Forry and Skarm. Skarm is 2 HKO'd by Fire Blast, while Fang needs to 3HO, making you Skarm's bitch as it sets up on you while roosting. :/

i'm really considering the baton pass over night slash since it can really help.

Roost might help against the ice types so im using it now.

I replaced dory with a jirachi before u posted it,but its an expert belt one that makes opponents think its scarfed.

Great team you you have there. Most of my suggestion were already me mentioned, but i will though suggest an alternate ev spread for Coon. Try a slightly more bulky spread because max Spe. doesn't really make much of a difference and besides I myself have found the extra bulk to be very useful when i had a team with offensive cune. Also switch surf to hydro pump because it hits a lot harder

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)