Team Charizard RMT

Hey guys i made a team based around charizard. I made some tweaks here and there and now the teams improved. I am just not sure where to improvements can go now. But don't even think about saying. Replace Charizard for someone else because Charizard is the whole reason the team exists. Anyways the team in detail.

1. Machamp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
No Guard
EV: HP160/Att252/SpD98
Move Set:
~Dynamic Punch
~Stone Edge
~Pay Back
~Substitute
Comment: Machamp is my anti-lead. Lum Berry + Substitute allows him to cure status and set up a sub. Then fires off Dynamic Punches and other attacks depending on the foe. Pay Back is for Psychic & Ghost Types. Stone Edge is for Salamence, Gyarados and Yanmega.

2. Charizard @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Blaze
EV: HP6/Att252/Spd252
Move Set:
~Fire Punch
~Thunder Punch
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance
Comment: Charizard is meant to come in late game and finish the opposition off by setting up a couple of Dragon Dances. Then he fires away punches and earthquakes, and a couple of fire punches here and there. He comes in only when the stealth rocks have been cleared away. But i do send him to counter stuff if i have to.

3. Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Adaptability
EV: HP6/SpA252/Spd252
Move Set:
~Tri-Attack
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Dark Pulse
Comment: Porygon Z is my special sweeper and specs makes him dangerous. He has great coverage in the OU metagame and gets a x2 boost for tri-attack as its STAB and adaptability makes it x2 instead of x1.5.

4. Scizor @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
Technician
EV: HP6/Att252/Speed252
Move Set:
~Bullet Punch
~Swords Dance
~Agility
~Batton Pass
Comment: Scizor is my batton Passer. Focus Sash so he defenitely gets a stat booster in. If he passes the stats to cradily successfully then i have a chance of this guy + cradily = WIN

5. Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
EV: HP56/Def100/SpD100/Spd252
Move Set:
~Surf
~Rapid Spin
~Grass Knot
~Ice Beam
Comment: Starmie is my rapid spinner because other wise i wont be able to kill suicune easily unless i manage to pass the stats to cradily. Rapid spin to clear the rocks for charizard. Grass Knot for Swampert and Ice Beam for the dragons.

6. Cradily @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Suction Caps
EV: HP252/Def160/SpD98
Move Set:
~Stock Pile
~Recover
~Seed Bomb
~Rock Slide
Comment: Cradily is an absolute beast with stock pile and recover. Once he gets 3 stock piles up, hes immensly hard to take down.
If he successfully gets the boosts from Scizor then hes even stronger and faster. Seed Bomb and Rock Slide for STAB.

Overall: With some pro advice i am sure this team will succeed much more than it is now. When giving advice, just remember that Charizard is not being swapped out for anything because hes the reason the team exists like i said in the introduction. Thanks for the advice in advance.

First of all, with Craydily I think Ancient Power is a bit of a bad Idea. It's low base PP could mean you will lose stall wars (which it obviously plans to get into) and using my A Level statistics I can tell you that you still have a 43% chance of not grabbing a boost even if you use 8 Ancient Powers. You have a 38.3% chance of grabbing one boost. Now, those odds do not sound great to me considering you aren't nessecarily going to use all eight so, what I would suggest is putting Toxic > Ancient Power, this will allow you to WIN stall wars 99% more of the time, you are still boosting your stats with Stockpile so I don't think you really need to worry about ancient power boosts. Keep Energy Ball as it is your only chance of getting rid of Swampert, outside of perhaps Porygon Z, who doesn't really like switching in.

I am also greatly worried about CM Cune's ability to rip a huge whole through this team. You have nothing to Phaze it out with and the hardest hitting attacks you have are Thunderbolt from Electrode or Pory-Z, and Energy Ball from Craydily. Note that these are all unboosted, and Electrodes STAb doesn't really make up for his poor special attack stat. For this reason I reccomend Starmie over Hitmontop as your Spinner. Suicune has trouble hitting starmie who can hit back with it's own thunderbolts. This way you still maintain the Rapid Spin but you will also gain a little more coverage versus threats like that. This of course leaves you with a predominantly Special attacking team, which I find is never a good idea so it might be worth replacing Scizor / Electrode with a ResTalk Machamp who will deal easily with your Blissey problem and will also help absorb status alongside Starmie. I hope some of this helped :D

I would be tempted to put Stone Edge somewhere on Hitmontop, to help deal with Gyarados and Salamence, to an extent. Generally I don't see that Hitmontop working, with Bulk Up, Intimidate and Bullet Punch, especially when running no Attack EVs. 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe, with an Impish nature is pretty nice. You may want to consider Toxic over Stone Edge again though.

Next of all, lose Charizard. You won't be able to Rapid Spin all the time, so Dragon Dance / Outrage / Earthquake and Fire Fang or Stone Edge works rather nicely, with Life Orb. I don't know why you would be using Fire Blast and Dragon Dance in conjunction with two non-STAB moves on Charizard anyway.

I am also a little worrisome of the Electrode use. Jirachi with Body Slam provides a 60% chance to paralyze, and can also set up Stealth Rock. Wish can support the Life Orb users, and U-turn benefits by easing prediction. It's defensive capabilities means that it can come in far more often than Electrode will ever get the chance to. I don't see Explosion even being that useful on Electrode, especially when being used as a lead. Electrode is rather weak defensively so it often KOd far more easily than Jirachi.

And of course I would run Stone Edge / Toxic / Recover / Seed Bomb or Stockpile on Cradily. Seed Bomb helps with the mentioned Calm Mind Suicune weakness; hitting Suicune on the physical side. Toxic forces it to Rest eventually so you can plough those Seed Bombs into it. It's worth running some Attack EVs for this reason. (Neutral nature with 160 Attack EVs means that 252/252 Bold Suicune is 3HKOd with Leftovers in play 85% of the time).

Good Luck! :toast:

thank you guys for the advice, I have made some major changes to the team and replaced some pokes. Now i shall try the team again on shoddy and see how the team works out.

Hey guys i made a team based around charizard. I made some tweaks here and there and now the teams improved. I am just not sure where to improvements can go now. But don't even think about saying. Replace Charizard for someone else because Charizard is the whole reason the team exists. Anyways the team in detail.

1. Machamp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
No Guard
EV: HP160/Att252/SpD98
Move Set:
~Dynamic Punch
~Stone Edge
~Pay Back
~Substitute
Comment: Machamp is my anti-lead. Lum Berry + Substitute allows him to cure status and set up a sub. Then fires off Dynamic Punches and other attacks depending on the foe. Pay Back is for Psychic & Ghost Types. Stone Edge is for Salamence, Gyarados and Yanmega.

2. Charizard @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Blaze
EV: HP6/Att252/Spd252
Move Set:
~Fire Punch
~Thunder Punch
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance
Comment: Charizard is meant to come in late game and finish the opposition off by setting up a couple of Dragon Dances. Then he fires away punches and earthquakes, and a couple of fire punches here and there. He comes in only when the stealth rocks have been cleared away. But i do send him to counter stuff if i have to.

3. Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Adaptability
EV: HP6/SpA252/Spd252
Move Set:
~Tri-Attack
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Dark Pulse
Comment: Porygon Z is my special sweeper and specs makes him dangerous. He has great coverage in the OU metagame and gets a x2 boost for tri-attack as its STAB and adaptability makes it x2 instead of x1.5.

4. Scizor @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
Technician
EV: HP6/Att252/Speed252
Move Set:
~Bullet Punch
~Swords Dance
~Agility
~Batton Pass
Comment: Scizor is my batton Passer. Focus Sash so he defenitely gets a stat booster in. If he passes the stats to cradily successfully then i have a chance of this guy + cradily = WIN

5. Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
EV: HP56/Def100/SpD100/Spd252
Move Set:
~Surf
~Rapid Spin
~Grass KnotOr T-bolt
~Ice Beam
Comment: Starmie is my rapid spinner because other wise i wont be able to kill suicune easily unless i manage to pass the stats to cradily. Rapid spin to clear the rocks for charizard. Grass Knot for Swampert and Ice Beam for the dragons.

6. Cradily @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Suction Caps
EV: HP252/Def160/SpD98
Move Set:
~Stock Pile
~Recover
~Seed Bomb
~Rock Slide
Comment: Cradily is an absolute beast with stock pile and recover. Once he gets 3 stock piles up, hes immensly hard to take down.
If he successfully gets the boosts from Scizor then hes even stronger and faster. Seed Bomb and Rock Slide for STAB.

Overall: With some pro advice i am sure this team will succeed much more than it is now. When giving advice, just remember that Charizard is not being swapped out for anything because hes the reason the team exists like i said in the introduction. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)