Resource Team Bazaar

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Approved by EviGaro | Art by royalfluxh | OP edited from Rae's​

Hey there! Welcome to the Scarlet and Violet RarelyUsed Team Bazaar! This thread will serve as a more casual way to drop new teams you've been building than Sample Teams. Show them off, and some of the more adventurous folks around RU could use them, and even improve upon them. Make sure you include some level of quality to the teams you post in here; don't post a team full of PU 'mons and expect it to not be deleted. Also make sure you test your teams before you post them here; playtesting is an easy way to get rid of very obvious flaws in your teams and makes it easier on anyone that'd want to give advice on your teams or anyone that'd like to try them out! Making descriptions for your teams is important too; wouldn't want to just drop 'em there with no explanation, yeah? Also make sure you post an importable of your teams and include sprites for the benefit of everyone who sees your post. Here's an example post from UnderUsed:
Might as well drop this one here. First team I built by myself that I liked a lot and put in work.

LO Mienshao + SubCM Primarina

I wanted to use Moltres ever since it dropped and it works well here as a Scizor check, also helping against Grass-types, which Primarina highly appreciates. Amoonguss serves as my Knock absorber and second check to Scizor and DD sweepers like Salamence, which if are special, are countered by Primarina. Let's get this out of the way: Primarina is insane. Subcm simply wins games even when the opponent even if the opponent still has their Grass-type or Scizor. You can easily find opportunities to use Sub against Salamence, non-Tox and Pjab Kommo-o, Amoonguss on the switch-in, Keldeo (big one), and even Aegislash as long it isn't Choice Specs due to this spread. Primarina's EV spread lets it avoid having the Sub broken by Amoonguss at +1, and baby, when Primarina gets going, it's impossible to stop it. Mienshao is my form of Speed control, and has the added benefit of keeping momentum with U-turn against Amoonguss and Tangrowth, which Moltres likes. LO + Regenerator is super good on a hit-and-run mon like this one too. Scizor does Scizor things, and I felt I didn't need U-turn here because of Mien+Molt but you can use that too in place of Knock. Rhyperior is my rocker and electric immunity to block volt switch.
Have fun posting!

Last edited:

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
Glimmet + Primeape Hyper Offense Team
:sv/glimmet::sv/primeape::sv/lycanroc-dusk::sv/espeon::sv/magnezone::sv/mismagius:

Slight repost of my team on the NP thread. Here are some notes on this team:

- Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam has a 56% chance to OHKO Tatsugiri. Who knows how good Glimmet will actually be, but at the very least, it's funny.

- Eviolite Primeape is EV'd to outspeed base 90 mons like Venomoth, Flamigo, and Revavroom. There's the potential of running a bulkier set with it, but I prefer a fast Taunt to prevent Will-O-Wisp from Altaria, Fire Tauros, and the Rotom Formes.

- Tera Rock Accelerock makes Lycanroc-Dusk the premier revenge killer in the metagame. Pretty much a surefire way to clean up in the late-game. Even outside of that, it can still highly threaten walls as an early-game breaker. Play Rough is solid coverage against Hariyama and other bulky Fighting-types, and Tough Claws CC hits super hard even without Tera Fighting.

- Espeon functions solidly as a special attacker, but I'm mainly using it for the sake of having Magic Bounce. Using the ability right makes it much easier for Primeape and (especially) Lycanroc-Dusk to come in safely.

- Specs Magnezone is a hard-hitting pivot that can switch into mons like Weavile and fire back strongly. It also eases the team's Naclstack matchup. I use Tera Flying on it to surprise EQ and CC users looking to get a seemingly easy kill on Magnezone.

- Scarf Mismagius is another revenge killer, providing extra Speed control for when Accelerock isn't quite able to KO. Decided to replace it over Venomoth because with enough Speed control, Primeape is honestly the only sweeper you need on your time.

"No Hazard" Prototype Webs
:xy/masquerain: :xy/honchkrow: :xy/cloyster: :xy/haxorus: :xy/mismagius: :sm/lycanroc-dusk:

A Webs team that I made recently.

Masquerain is the best webs setter in the tier, so that's our automatic pick.

Honchkrow is a good attacker and priority user for this team, as it can attack things that other Pokemon struggle with, such as Slowbro to help out Cloyster.

Shell Smash Cloyster, with Tera Rock Rock Blast is a deadly sweeper that can win games at the drop of a hat.

Haxorus is another breaker/sweeper. Mold Breaker Earthquake helps into Bronzong, which helps Lycanroc and Cloyster.

Mismagius is the spinblocker. You're able to run CM > NP to help into Tatsugiri even better, but regardless, either works.

Our last Pokemon is Lycanroc. It helps into Flying-types with Accelerock, and is a very strong attacker in general.

:bellibolt: :slowbro: :lycanroc-dusk: Bellibolt Snow :abomasnow: :cetitan: :beartic:
team paste
I wanted to make use of Abomasnow + Cetitan, which is a core I've used even up in OU. I knew playing SSNU back when Slush Rush was legal, using 2 Slush Rush users to overwhelm their shared checks was pretty overpowered (hence its ban) so I threw on Beartic as well.

:sv/abomasnow:

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Abomasnow's moveset is certainly the most up in the air on the team; I only use it to set up Snow and Ice Shard is super useful to pick things off. Earth Power to OHKO Magnezone or Aurora Veil could both be used, but I've gotten plenty of success with this set.

:sv/cetitan:
Cetitan @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Slush Rush
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Belly Drum

Cetitan is an insane sweeper even outside of Snow, with Ice Shard OHKOing most faster neutral targets and Superpower hitting bulky Steel- and Water-types. Tera Dark is amazing as it makes Sableye, an otherwise complete counter to the team, complete setup fodder.

:sv/beartic:
Beartic @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Beartic was added as a backup plan to Cetitan but I found it actually works great independently from it. STAB Close Combat completely folds neutral targets especially at +2, and makes for a great option select on neutral targets that could possibly Tera into an Ice resist like Tera-Steel Haxorus and Tera-Water Mudsdale.

:sv/bellibolt:
Bellibolt @ Leftovers
Ability: Electromorphosis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Parabolic Charge
- Charge Beam
- Soak
- Slack Off

Bellibolt has cemented itself as an easy S tier in my eyes. It 1v1's an absurd amount of the tier and forces so many switches with Soak that pairs super well with entry hazards. I've alternated between Charge and Charge Beam, Charge Beam is better but it definitely does NOT boost 70% of the time nor does it hit 90% of the time.

:sv/slowbro:
Slowbro @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Yawn
- Slack Off

Slowbro only exists as an Eject Button Regenerator Pokemon for Abomasnow and friends but it checks a lot of the tier, namely all the Fighting-types and can further support stuff with Yawn.

:sv/lycanroc-dusk:
Lycanroc-Dusk @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Rock
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Endeavor
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Lycanroc is a great anti-lead and can trade 1-for-1 with Endeavor to make it easier for the Slush Rush sweepers to end games. Crunch is to nab OHKO's on pesky Espeons and I never found Rock STAB too necessary.

1672949512856.png

A team build around Lycanroc: :Lycanroc-dusk:-:Tauros-Paldea-Fire:-:Tatsugiri-droopy:-:Magnezone:-:Krookodile:-:Flamigo:

Lycanroc is looking like an absolutely dominant attacking threat thanks to its speed, power and pseudo-STAB combination that made it so deadly in UU last gen. This team was built to get the most out Lycanroc while still having a decent core that can afford to switch around.

The dog:Lycanroc-dusk:: Lycanroc is the core of the team, you should try to bring it in whenever it is safe to do so to and sometimes when it isn't. I chose life orb over choice band because guessing wrong and sending a stone edge into a magnezone can be a real issue for the team, and it doesn't need the extra bit of damage to get kills.

The bull:Tauros-Paldea-fire:: A reliable physical defender that can switch in and threaten out stuff like Heracross and Lycanroc over the course of a game and threatens to burn something on the switch. I don't really know what the best fourth move is on this set for now, I've put bulk up here but have also experimented with protect and stone edge. Bulk up is good for threatening to eventually break past Altaria or to just go for the sweep against teams that have their special attackers crippled.

The fish:Tatsugiri-droopy:: Tatsugiri kind of sucks. It is scared of neutral physical hits from uninvested attackers and it never seems to be able to do enough damage without a boost, but it is the best spinner we have and life orb lycanroc needs hazards off the field. With some lucky prediction you can get a nasty plot and threaten some heavy damage. It might even be worth running commander over storm drain just because Gardevoir hard walls you when it traces storm drain.

The glue:Magnezone:: Magnezone kind of holds the team together thanks to its bulk and having a slow volt switch to bring in Lycanroc. This is the default switch-in whenever you are scared of the creature in front of you.

The croc:Krookodile:: Krookodile is the teammate I feel the worst about, but I just can't find a replacement that doesn't require changing at least two other members of the team. It shares a lot of weaknesses with other teammates and is a much less useful intimidator than Tauros but this team really needs a moderately fast thing in its place, a ground type and a stealth rocker. Maybe try Palossand instead and see if that speed is really needed.

The bird:Flamigo:: Flamigo is an outstanding scarfer that outspeeds lots of other common scarfers I have seen so far like Gardevoir and something nobody wants to switch into. If Lycanroc doesn't clean up the other team then Flamigo certainly will. I chose tera-fklying because I found that more teams struggled to handle it than fighting, but brave bird damage will eventually take you out if you aren't careful.

serperiorr

formerly someidiot19
Rotom-Frost Snow
https://pokepast.es/33511ee2701763bf
460.png
975.png
196.png
479-f.png
334.png
839.png

Premise: Double hazard control with Altaria and Coal + Magic bounce Espeon to allow teammates to forgo boots, Cetitan and Rotom-F as hail abusers

Vs Lycanroc lead Coal and tera, guarantees damage on it and you can spin after

Last edited:
Here's a stall team I've been playing around with a lot on the ladder.

https://pokepast.es/cec2906dc4c92be3

I'm really not gonna go indepth on any of the mons that are self explanatory and since 4/6 mons on the team are extremely predictable in their use I'll just sum them up in a few words.

:Slowbro:
Prank Em John (Slowbro) @ Rocky Helmet
Tera Type: Fairy
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Surf
- Foul Play

The standard Physical Wall of the tier that walls 90% of physical attackers. The moveset is extremely boring outside of Foul Play which Ohkos Haxorus at +2. The Item choice is Rocky Helmet since you on average gain more from killing the things you're switching into than you do from just letting them U-Turn for free. Tera Fairy is here solely for Haxorus insurance.

:Blissey:
Pure Bliss (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Protect
- Shadow Ball

The standard Special Wall of the tier that, when paired with Slowbro, walls pretty much 90% of the tier with proper team support. Blissey only has 3 actually good moves in Seismic Toss, Soft Boiled and Stealth rock, so I just added in Shadow Ball to hit Mismagius and Protect because I already had a Rocker. Tera Ghost is here as an added precaution for Specs Toxtricity since some people have started using Snarl for Palossand.

:Palossand:
Black'o Sand (Palossand) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Compaction
Tera Type: Dragon
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock

Not gonna lie the only reason for why this mon is here is because of how I wanted a specially defensive Ground type early on, which I immediately forgot about once I realised that this mon walls Flamigo. Either way it does it's job decently, getting up rocks is important and walling Lycaroc + Heracross is also nice.

:Altaria:
Passive and Bad (Altaria) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog

The only Defogger I found worth the hassle, especially since that's really the only thing Altaria brings to the table. At most it burns the opposing Rocker for Espeon and then gets sacked or does nothing for the rest of the game. An awful mon that you have to run in order to make the team work. It helps slightly in the Heracros Matchup but even then it isn't by much.

Ok now that the boring mons are out of the picture it's time to talk about the actually interesting mons.

:Espeon:
Hatterene(Illegal) (Espeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Back during the time before RU existed I was theorycrafting for what a potential RU tier would look like and noticed that Coalossal was easily going to be a premier hazard setter since none of the hazard removers wanted to 1v1 it, mainly because every Defogger was Rock or Fire weak and every Spinner lacked reliable recovery. This still continued to be the case until I realised that there was one mon that I'd missed out on when it came to anti-hazard shenadigans and that mon was Espeon, a mon I assumed would stay UU during the early theorycrafting.

The set itself pretty much mirrors the mon it's supposed to be a clone of. Max HP Max Defense alongside Tera Water allows you to sit on pretty much every Hazard Setter in the tier so long as you don't blow your cover too early. It also serves as the teams main wincon in drawn out games since max HP + Morning sun allows it to sit on pretty much every single fat mon in the tier and the naturally high Spatk makes it a threat even while unboosted. Espeon threatens massive damage on the offensive mons that could theoretically stop it while also threatening to straight up sweep with just a couple boosts, therefore it's easily one of the most important members on the team. The lack of Speed sucks but you can't shirk on the bulk since it just barely hangs on against the Physically Offensive Rockers in the tier when at maxed out tankiness.

:Crocalor:
Nacho Dipping (Crocalor) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- Slack Off

And finally the tech I myself have pioneered in UU for the longest time while waiting for RU to exist, Crocalor. This is the only Unaware mon remaining that's worth using until Rain gets banned in UU and Quagsire drops, so you're stuck with it unless you wanna drop Unaware entirely. The only reason for why this team runs such an extensive anti-hazard setup is solely to make this guy work, since with hazards up the Croc struggles to switch in repeatedly and can easily burn through it's 8 Slack Offs. However with this support you can pretty much check every setup mon outside of Stored Power Espeon with this mon (and even that can be teched for), it's an incredibly flexible mon thanks to it's solid mixed bulk.

The set is pretty much a carbon copy of his father's set in OU aside from the Ghost Stab that makes Skeledirge stand out from the other bland fire types. In this slot there are a couple options worth mentioning, those being Roar, Encore, Snarl or Yawn. Encore and Yawn do a good job of forcing switches but don't really advance the gamestate against the pokemon you already check, so I personally find Snarl or Roar to be the better options since Snarl helps immediately against Stored Power shenadigans while also helping preserve Slack Off PP since it weakens each successive attack, while Roar is better overall since it both immediately deals with setup sweepers and forces hazard chip.

Anyway that's it for this team, I've been enjoying RU's Alpha far more than the other tiers so I really hope that the council takes good care of the tier.

Last edited:
:mismagius: KISS FROM A MISS :mismagius:
click me for team paste!
#1 on ladder again so here's another team for you guys. This team was largely inspired by a set recommended by EviGaro, which is Tera Fairy Mismagius with Draining Kiss.

:sv/mismagius:
Mismagius @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

This set is pretty self-sufficient both offensively and defensively, completely walling Mudsdale pre-Tera, turning the tables on Dark-types post-Tera, and beating most Bellibolt sets and opposing Calm Mind users in the 1v1 thanks to Taunt and Draining Kiss. This sudden shift in weaknesses while naturally boasting 3 immunities and having an immediate offensive presence can allow Mismagius to set up at least one Calm Mind pretty freely.

Draining Kiss is a super broken move on setup sweepers, especially Mismagius who can have STAB on it and heals so much due to its low base HP.

+2 252 SpA Tera Fairy Mismagius Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Krookodile: 374-444 (112.9 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Tera Fairy Mismagius Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Weavile: 320-380 (113.8 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Tera Fairy Mismagius Draining Kiss vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 284-336 (57.7 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Hariyama Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Mismagius: 138-164 (52.8 - 62.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Hariyama Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Mismagius: 83-98 (31.8 - 37.5%) -- 91.1% chance to 3HKO

+1 252 SpA Tera Fairy Mismagius Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Haxorus: 282-332 (96.2 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Since Mismagius tends to solo bulkier teams, I wanted to try Choice Band Tera Rock Lycanroc to shred through offensive builds with Accelerock. Initially I had a Choice Band Weavile on the team, but Ice Shard is much weaker and exploitable than Accelerock, failing to KO and even set up on by Cloyster, Venomoth, and Cetitan (all broken btw). Rock Blast serves a similar purpose to Weavile's Beat Up, destroying dedicated leads before they can even do anything. I think Multi-hit moves have some weird multiplier while Tera'd like BW Gems because Tera Rock Blast does A LOT and it feels really wrong, but maybe Lycanroc-D is just strong. Crunch and Close Combat are perfect coverage and Tough Claws-boosted but honestly you can usually get away with spamming Rock-type moves.

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Tera Rock Lycanroc-Dusk Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 192-228 (79.6 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Tera Rock Lycanroc-Dusk Accelerock vs. 4 HP / 76 Def Cetitan in Snow: 272-320 (56.4 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Belly Drum

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Tera Rock Lycanroc-Dusk Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Toxtricity: 212-250 (72.8 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Tera Rock Lycanroc-Dusk Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flamigo: 204-240 (66.8 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Future Sight
- Iron Defense
- Slack Off

Future Sight Slowbro pairs perfectly with Choice Band breakers like Lycanroc-D, letting it break through walls like Mudsdale, Naclstack, and opposing Slowbro, basically guaranteeing an OHKO if you can position Lycanroc-D in after the Future Sight is set up. Tera Fairy lets Slowbro serve as a super consistent Haxorus check, while also dealing with breakers using Dark-type coverage like Lycanroc-Dusk and Weavile. Iron Defense punishes switches the Future Sight can force, and boosts Body Press which hits Dark-types trying to pivot into Future Sight and also allows Slowbro to not be entirely passive by boosting. Rocky Helmet can put Pokemon like Flamigo into range of Lycanroc's Accelerock while generally forcing switches to allow for more Future Sights. Slowbro is definitely the best Pokemon in the tier so I think this was an obvious addition to the team at this point.

:sv/drifblim:
Drifblim @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aftermath
Tera Type: Ground
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Strength Sap

Driftblim gives a Ground-immunity and more reliable Spin-blocker than Mismagius while also Defogging very reliably. Drifblim pairs great with Slowbro, overwhelming offensive Dark-types with their raw bulk, and while Slowbro has Rocky Helmet, Drifblim's Aftermath can also setup KO's for Lycanroc. Drifblim can freely Defog against SR setters like Mudsdale and Copperajah, while threatening Burns and staying healthy with Strength Sap. Tera Ground lets Drifblim get some great damage against Magnezone, which could otherwise be quite troublesome for the team, and also lure Rock-type and Electric-type moves from Pokemon like Lycanroc-D and Toxtricity respectively.

:sv/rotom-mow:
Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Foul Play

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Foul Play

Rotom-C gives some much-needed speed to the team, outspeeding +1 Tatsugiri and Scarf Gardevoir and Heracross for reference, and has a virtually unblockable Volt Switch to allow Lycanroc-D in more often. Tera Steel lets Rotom-C emergency check setup sweepers like Veluza and Cetitan, which Foul Play OHKO's both of. This along with Drifblim are definitely the most malleable slots on the team but they're working quite well for me.

:sv/copperajah:
Copperajah @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Copperajah is one of few viable Steel-types in the tier, meeting a perfect middle between Magnezone's great power and Bronzong's Stealth Rocks and bulk. Iron Head and Earthquake hit most of the tier for great damage, and Copperajah's special bulk cannot be understated, easily beating Oricorio's and Gardevoir. I had Tera Fairy for a pseudo-Dark-resist on the team, and should probably have Play Rough over Rock Slide but regardless, I was pleasantly surprised by Copperajah.

yay me
1673247904750.png

Last edited:
:bellibolt: :slowbro: :lycanroc-dusk: Bellibolt Snow :abomasnow: :cetitan: :beartic:
team paste
I wanted to make use of Abomasnow + Cetitan, which is a core I've used even up in OU. I knew playing SSNU back when Slush Rush was legal, using 2 Slush Rush users to overwhelm their shared checks was pretty overpowered (hence its ban) so I threw on Beartic as well.

:sv/abomasnow:

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Abomasnow's moveset is certainly the most up in the air on the team; I only use it to set up Snow and Ice Shard is super useful to pick things off. Earth Power to OHKO Magnezone or Aurora Veil could both be used, but I've gotten plenty of success with this set.

:sv/cetitan:
Cetitan @ Sitrus Berry
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Belly Drum

Cetitan is an insane sweeper even outside of Snow, with Ice Shard OHKOing most faster neutral targets and Superpower hitting bulky Steel- and Water-types. Tera Dark is amazing as it makes Sableye, an otherwise complete counter to the team, complete setup fodder.

:sv/beartic:
Beartic @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Beartic was added as a backup plan to Cetitan but I found it actually works great independently from it. STAB Close Combat completely folds neutral targets especially at +2, and makes for a great option select on neutral targets that could possibly Tera into an Ice resist like Tera-Steel Haxorus and Tera-Water Mudsdale.

:sv/bellibolt:
Bellibolt @ Leftovers
Ability: Electromorphosis
Bold Nature
- Parabolic Charge
- Charge Beam
- Soak
- Slack Off

Bellibolt has cemented itself as an easy S tier in my eyes. It 1v1's an absurd amount of the tier and forces so many switches with Soak that pairs super well with entry hazards. I've alternated between Charge and Charge Beam, Charge Beam is better but it definitely does NOT boost 70% of the time nor does it hit 90% of the time.

Slowbro @ Eject Button
Tera Type: Grass
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Yawn
- Slack Off

Slowbro only exists as an Eject Button Regenerator Pokemon for Abomasnow and friends but it checks a lot of the tier, namely all the Fighting-types and can further support stuff with Yawn.

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Endeavor
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Lycanroc is a great anti-lead and can trade 1-for-1 with Endeavor to make it easier for the Slush Rush sweepers to end games. Crunch is to nab OHKO's on pesky Espeons and I never found Rock STAB too necessary.

UPDATED VERSION
Slowbro and Crocalor are huge problems for this team. 3 Main changes:

Made Beartic Tera Dark with Crunch to get past Slowbro, while still have the effect Cetitan had of walling Sableye.
Made Cetitan Tera Fire with Earthquake to beat Crocalor 1v1, while still immune to Sableye's Will-O-Wisp and also shedding some Ice weaknesses.
Slowbro can keep its old set, Future Sight just helps manage Tauros-Fire.

happy to see people using this team in the kickoff tour and on ladder, trying to keep it updated for you guys to be able to keep using it.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
"GET POISONED" TEAM

:Toxicroak: :Sableye: :Mudsdale: :Dragalge: :Weavile: :Vaporeon:
https://pokepast.es/9e9fbb269b869bf2

Heal Bell no longer exists in this gen, so I wanted to create a team based around Poisoning the opponents' Pokemon and slowly wearing them down. Just using Toxic is too obvious though... I had to make things a little harder for myself of course, and instead take advantage of the ability Poison Touch. This way I can force out opponents with regular moves that still have high chances of Poisoning them as a side effect.

Scarf Poison Touch Toxicroak is a surprise gem. It can revenge a lot of Pokemon, and its fun to poison a Slowbro or Palossand on the switch simply by clicking Close Combat or Poison Jab. Dragalge goes above and beyond at spreading Poison as well-- not only can it set Toxic Spikes, Dragon Tail constantly phases out opposing Pokemon to with a 30% chance of Poisoning.

With all this potential passive damage, I needed some Pokemon to make use of that. Weavile is an excellent cleaner when Pokemon are weakened and also provides a great Ice type priority- assuming those Quiver Dancers and Haxorus can't use Tera. Sableye provides a crucial emergency stop button to all the scary setup sweepers and can also Knock Off any Heavy duty boots as necessary. Vaporeon passes Wish to keep my passive Pokemon healthy, and can also function as a setup sweeper with Calm Mind that takes advantage of passive damage. Finally, Mudsdale provides an overall everything check that sets up Rocks and also phases with Roar. Steel-type Tera here provides an emergency check to dangerous Psychics and Dragons.

I had a lot of fun with this team on Ladder. I initially thought more defensive leaning teams couldn't function in this meta, but I just had to be more creative with it.

Here's some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ru-1769853886
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ru-1772683743
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ru-1772706442

A pretty cool team that has :Lycanroc-Dusk: :Tauros-Paldea-Fire: :Arboliva: :Avalugg: :Magnezone: :Flamigo:
https://pokepast.es/425dd27c313f8b76
I originally created this team with the concept of having :Zoroark: instead of :Lycanroc-dusk:, but I found Lycanroc to be way more viable and it saved me from big threats like :Cloyster:

Flamigo @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Liquidation

Flamigo is a great mon rn, while most sets run scarf, I prefer the raw damage that it puts in, being able to sweep lategame teams if they are too weakened or remove threats in bad matchups. It packs up the op brave bird, close combat, u-turn for pivotting and I chose to give it liquidation, as throat chop doesn't seem as good in this tier. It's rare the ocasions I use liquidation, but it's a good tool to have, specially to avoid taking recoil damage.

Arboliva @ Choice Specs
Ability: Seed Sower
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Hyper Voice

THIS MON IS SO OP. The amount of work this mon puts every game is amazing. Tera ground earth power gets rid of most problems and can catch volt switches, while also having specs leaf storm and giga drain in terrain after being hit. Everyone was scared of hitting annihilape too many times, against this thing you are scared of hitting it once. AV is also a great set but I prefered to get more damage and abuse it's ability and movepool. A big problem is facing stall with Altaria since it can heal off any damage. You can try to stall out it's roosts with hyper voice, but it's probably easier to switch into something else.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Tera Blast

Although there aren't many steel types other than magnezone right now, he hits really hard with his amazing specs volt switches, paired with analytic. His typing is essencial to wall things like toxtricity which is an amazing wallbreaker right now and to be honest this thing holds so many things in the tier right now that I don't understand how it isn't being used more.

Tauros-Paldea-Fire @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Cud Chew
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Body Press
- Raging Bull
- Bulk Up

Tauros clutched me so many games with this set. Although it's walled by crocalor, the rest of the metagame has a hard time beating it, with will o wisp to end physical attackers, max hp and spd to wall any special attackers and bulk up with cud chew aguav berry, which is WAY better than leftovers if you are trying to setup for a win. Raging Bull ends any try at setting up screens which is a good tech to have and body press is good because fo the high amount of intimidate mons in the tier.

Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Avalanche

Being able to take even the strongest physical attackers in the tier right now, avalugg can now even make pressure with tera fighting, having a bit more than 500 def and a stab 80bp move to work with. It's a pretty solid spinner, only problems are mons like froslass which the rest of the team can deal with fairly easily. This thing clutches me games against stuff like cloyster after setting up, and even special attackers thanks to sturdy. Just beware of his lack of special defense, a little bit of strengh and this thing is down to 1 hp, or dead if it took any chip damage.

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough

I needed a mon to put the team together and I chose Lycanroc-Dusk. Unlike most who run endeavor sash, I decided to go with it's strong accelarock stab move, booster by tough claws and life orb to threaten to kill big threats after only a big of chip damage, packing stone edge to demolish anything and play rough to end the life of the dragon types present in the tier, like haxorus, goodra and tatsugiri. You can also switch it for psychic fangs but I find play rough to be better since dragon types threaten my team more than things like Paldean-Fire-Tauros.

This team deals well with a lot of stuff, but sometimes I find it difficult to deal with stall due to lack of hazards or even beating Drifblim after it tera'd. Biggest problem is having a way to tank certain attacks but if you manage to get momentum, you usually setup or claim a mon.

Yourwelcomethanku

._.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
Click on the pastes for the teams. I have decided to share two teams I have liked using recently.
:Braviary: :Lurantis: :Palossand: :Salazzle: :Slowbro: :Lycanroc-dusk:

:Braviary: Braviary is pretty cool. It has a Ghost immunity and is bulky making it a great Mismagius check; it can also check Oricorio-Sensu to an extent and check Grass-types like Arboliva. EVs let Braviary OHKO Mismagius and Braviary has more than enough SpD to survive +2 Thunderbolt. I think I originally planned on having a Defog Braviary, but I fit Lurantis, which can take the Defog role and allow Braviary to freely run a different set. Bulk Up Braviary can sweep teams, but in my experience doesn't do so very often, the defensive qualities are a big reason why Braviary is here. Braviary has Tera Steel to help against Gardevoir. However, Braviary can definitely sweep, don't sleep.

:Lurantis: Lurantis is legitimately pretty good, and in my opinion, the best Defog user. It beats the Stealth Rock and Spikes users Palossand, Whiscash, and Mudsdale and is pretty threatening in of itself to boot. Lurantis also does check Bellibolt well. Lurantis is also pretty threatening, it can get past Blissey of all things and Grass + Fire is great offensive coverage on the occasions where it is Terastallized. Offensive checks like Flamgio and Tauros Fire don't appreciate Leaf Storm.

:palossand: Toxtricity is very strong, so we have Palossand. Checks Lycanroc, Heracross, and Toxtricity and provides Stealth Rock, good Pokemon.

:Salazzle: Choice Scarf Salazzle is quite good; it can revenge kill Haxorus, Cloyster, and Toxtricity and it occasionally sets Toxic Spikes.

:Slowbro: Slowbro helps check Haxorus and Lycanroc; it's IronPress set because Haxorus broken. If you Terastallize, it counters Weavile, tho that hasn't worked well in practice for me.

:Lycanroc-Dusk: Broken Mon, murders stuff. Tera Dark means you demolish Palossand and Sableye.

:Whiscash: :Sableye: :Haxorus: :Arboliva: :Avalugg: :Flamigo:

:Haxorus: I got the idea of Muscle Band First Impression Haxorus from Ishtar. If someone sees First Impression, they may think Choice Band and try to take advantage of what they think is a dormant Haxorus. Swords Dance + Tera Dragon is run on this set for wallbreaking power. Though, posting this team publicly will probably diminish this idea somewhat, haha.

:Whiscash: & :Sableye: Whiscash is a great hazard setter and it checks Rotom-Heat and Magnezone. Sableye's Knock Off removes Heavy-Duty Boots for Whiscash's entry hazards.

:Arboliva: Arboliva checks Mowtom and Slowbro and Encore prevents it from being set up fodder to stuff like Venomoth and Frosmoth.

:Flamigo: Flamigo gives a Grass switch-in and some more speed to the team with Choice Scarf. Maybe Flamigo could have a better Tera type, haven't Terastallized it. Tera Steel might be good to resist Oricorio's Hurricane and hit it with Brave Bird

:Avalugg: Checks Haxorus and this Avalugg has Tera Poison to check Heracross.

Last edited:
Click on the pastes for the teams. I have decided to share two teams I have liked using recently.
:Braviary: :Lurantis: :Palossand: :Salazzle: :Slowbro: :Lycanroc-dusk:

:Braviary: Braviary is pretty cool. It has a Ghost immunity and is bulky making it a great Mismagius check; it can also check Oricorio-Sensu to an extent and check Grass-types like Arboliva. EVs let Braviary OHKO Mismagius and Braviary has more than enough SpD to survive +2 Thunderbolt. I think I originally planned on having a Defog Braviary, but I fit Lurantis, which can take the Defog role and allow Braviary to freely run a different set. Bulk Up Braviary can sweep teams, but in my experience doesn't do so very often, the defensive qualities are a big reason why Braviary is here. Braviary has Tera Steel to help against Gardevoir. However, Braviary can definitely sweep, don't sleep.

:Lurantis: Lurantis is legitimately pretty good, and in my opinion, the best Defog user. It beats the Stealth Rock and Spikes users Palossand, Whiscash, and Mudsdale and is pretty threatening in of itself to boot. Lurantis also does check Bellibolt well. Lurantis is also pretty threatening, it can get past Blissey of all things and Grass + Fire is great offensive coverage on the occasions where it is Terastallized. Offensive checks like Flamgio and Tauros Fire don't appreciate Leaf Storm.

:palossand: Toxtricity is very strong, so we have Palossand. Checks Lycanroc, Heracross, and Toxtricity and provides Stealth Rock, good Pokemon.

:Salazzle: Choice Scarf Salazzle is quite good; it can revenge kill Haxorus, Cloyster, and Toxtricity and it occasionally sets Toxic Spikes.

:Slowbro: Slowbro helps check Haxorus and Lycanroc; it's IronPress set because Haxorus broken. If you Terastallize, it counters Weavile, tho that hasn't worked well in practice for me.

:Lycanroc-Dusk: Broken Mon, murders stuff. Tera Dark means you demolish Palossand and Sableye.

:Whiscash: :Sableye: :Haxorus: :Arboliva: :Avalugg: :Flamigo:

:Haxorus: I got the idea of Muscle Band First Impression Haxorus from Ishtar. If someone sees First Impression, they may think Choice Band and try to take advantage of what they think is a dormant Haxorus. Swords Dance + Tera Dragon is run on this set for wallbreaking power. Though, posting this team publicly will probably diminish this idea somewhat, haha.

:Whiscash: & :Sableye: Whiscash is a great hazard setter and it checks Rotom-Heat and Magnezone. Sableye's Knock Off removes Heavy-Duty Boots for Whiscash's entry hazards.

:Arboliva: Arboliva checks Mowtom and Slowbro and Encore prevents it from being set up fodder to stuff like Venomoth and Frosmoth.

:Flamigo: Flamigo gives a Grass switch-in and some more speed to the team with Choice Scarf. Maybe Flamigo could have a better Tera type, haven't Terastallized it. Tera Steel might be good to resist Oricorio's Hurricane and hit it with Brave Bird

:Avalugg: Checks Haxorus and this Avalugg has Tera Poison to check Heracross.
The sprites for the first team shows the paste for the second. Still, both teams look pretty cool!

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
was knocked out of kickoff, thought I might share some teams

Cash Money HO
:cloyster::Haxorus::hariyama::whiscash::mismagius::lycanroc-dusk:

Farigiraf Stall
:farigiraf::blissey::palossand::slowbro::sableye::oricorio-pom-pom:

Perish Trap Alt Fat
:altaria::sableye::bellibolt::slowbro::blissey::krookodile:

Morgrem Screens
:morgrem::primeape::venomoth::cloyster::gardevoir::oricorio-sensu:

if you do plan on using these I highly recommend attempting to find optimizations that could be made since I didn't really play a ton with them

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
I'm not an expert builder but I managed to top the ladder with this post shifts team:

I wish I had a super detailed explanation of why I'm using each mon, but it's not as deep as that. I originally wanted to try out Choice Specs Charizard for fun, but Blissey just owned the team, so I changed it to a Tauros, which is really cool in general and has a move that breaks screens. Tatsugiri is just a really clean option for removal on spike stack like this, as it still has offensive pressure, and from my experience can get a free spin a lot. As appealing as Storm Drain is on it, Gardevoir just hard walls it for it to make much difference as an ability from moves you already resist 4x. Muds and Klefki set up hazards and become the usual Ground and Steel I like to use on every team. Rotom-Mow is the speed control, and I've found that it's a solid mon cause of the strong hitting Leaf Storm. Umbreon is the only set that really stands out to me. Curse can either let you be super fat from both sides, or provide some pressure if you manage to tera ghost. Wish + Ghost Curse is super fun.

I'm not an expert builder but I managed to top the ladder with this post shifts team:

I wish I had a super detailed explanation of why I'm using each mon, but it's not as deep as that. I originally wanted to try out Choice Specs Charizard for fun, but Blissey just owned the team, so I changed it to a Tauros, which is really cool in general and has a move that breaks screens. Tatsugiri is just a really clean option for removal on spike stack like this, as it still has offensive pressure, and from my experience can get a free spin a lot. As appealing as Storm Drain is on it, Gardevoir just hard walls it for it to make much difference as an ability from moves you already resist 4x. Muds and Klefki set up hazards and become the usual Ground and Steel I like to use on every team. Rotom-Mow is the speed control, and I've found that it's a solid mon cause of the strong hitting Leaf Storm. Umbreon is the only set that really stands out to me. Curse can either let you be super fat from both sides, or provide some pressure if you manage to tera ghost. Wish + Ghost Curse is super fun.
Note: Tatsugiri's ability should be Storm Drain (Commander is useless in singles)

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Note: Tatsugiri's ability should be Storm Drain (Commander is useless in singles)
I played a lot and realized how annoying it is for Gardevoir to wall both of my attacks, so I ended up changing to Commander so it wouldn't trace Storm Drain. I got high enough w/ storm drain so if you feel like water types are too much, you can change it back and still do well enough.

Since when does Klefki have a move called fairy lock? And why run it over something like magnet rise or foul play?
Since forever. I didn't actually know what last move I wanted to run, as Magnet Rise doesn't really do much vs the current ground types, and idk who I'd want to use Foul Play for. Fairy Lock is actually pretty clean to trap anything before Klefki faints. Certain scenarios like trapping a strong fast hitter so Rotom and Tauros can revenge kill it, or trap a slower mon so Tatsugiri can get a Rapid Spin w/o them going to their ghost type. It's too early to know what a good last move on keys could be so fairy lock felt like the more fun option atm.

Here's my first RU team:
1675824756769.png
1675824781769.png
1675824811753.png
1675824840716.png
1675824866428.png
1675824891233.png

Still testing, but feeling good so far. It lacks hazard removal, but idk how to find the place for it as defog on oricorio just remove my screens as well.
Bellibolt is often the MVP when I don't succeed in setting up. Flamigo feels underutilized, it's now a kind of wallbreaker but it's often outsped by scarf mons and cannot enter too often with unremoved rocks.

Feel free to suggest changes as it feels like there is room for improvement.

Bruxish bulky offense: :flamigo:-:braviary:-:bruxish:-:revavroom:-:bellibolt:-:Krookodile:

This is a bulky offense team built around Bruxish as a breaker. The gameplan is to try and get either flamigo or bruxish in safely with smart double switching or a slow pivot move and then unleash some big damage. With the banning of Lycanroc, I think Bruxish is one of the best breakers in the tier. On the surface it looks like its stab commbination is walled by Slowbro, but strong jaw-boosted crunch means you can 2hko it. It has the same very convinient speed tier as Krookodile that lets it outspeed Flamigo and all the 80-90s like Gardevoir and Heracross. The only problem it has is that it's hard to fit it on the same team as Slowbro. Tera water is for stronger aqua jets, since every little percent matters.

Scarf flamigo is the easiest thing to just slap on a team, it's very reliable speed control that can clean up weakened teams with tera flying brave bird.

Braviary is an odd choice but I feel like it is the defogger that fits the team the best. It's bulky and gets to switch in safely to stuff like arboliva and Mismagius, but also it is a powerful offensive threat.Plus it has u-turn which is a great way to bring in Bruxish. It's basically a fat crobat. I've experimented with other defoggers or spinners like Oricorio and Drifblim, but they are either too frail, too slow or don't hit as hard as an adamant brave bird. The ev spread is made to outspeed adamant Hariyama, which would otherwise be an issue and ohko Mismagius and max hp 0 def arboliva with brave bird with the rest in bulk. Tera steel is a great fit for braviary, since it covers its weaknesses and also gives you a backup steel that has recovery and can actually avoid the 2hko from boomburst.

Revavroom and Bellibolt are bulky pivots that support the team, with bellibolt being the best way to damage alomomola. Their tera types cover ther ground weaknesses, with tera grass providing a leech seed immunity to better handle bulky arboliva while bellibolt's tera flying is there to create a fighting resist for banded flamigo.

Krookodile is the team's rocker and stall stopgap with taunt. Krook may not be the bulkiest rocker, but it is very versatile and it's the only good rocker we have that isn't slower than a frozen rock.

Yourwelcomethanku

._.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
I'll dump some more teams now that I have qualified for RULT. The main two teams I used to qualify are:
:Mudsdale: :Blissey: :Zoroark: :Cryogonal: :Slowbro: :ditto: & :Camerupt: :lurantis: :revavroom: :Zoroark: :Slowbro: :Flamigo:
I also used this briefly :Tatsugiri: :bellibolt: :Slowbro: :krookodile: :copperajah: :Goodra:

I like the team with Cryogonal the most. I made it to try and deal with the highly offensive teams that were being spammed on ladder. It has Ditto with Tera Steel to try and check Hariyama, Blissey helps against Toxtricity and is the Stealth Rock user rather than Mudsdale, which lets Mudsdale run both Roar and Protect. Cryogonal combines phazer with Haze and entry hazard removal via Rapid Spin, helps keep Rocks off and checks Oricorio. Tera Steel can help it deal with like Gardevoir or Calm Mind Psyshock Slowbro. Zoroark is a Pokemon that I think is pretty good in this format, not many Knock Off users. Essentially, Zoroark is intended to be a big way for the team to make progress, by removing Heavy-Duty Boots and Leftovers and dealing damage. Whether or not Zoroark can do this may be hit or miss, if they have a Paldean Tauros. it might take a while. After Knock Off and U-turn I think there's good freedom in what moves you choose. I don't think that I ended up needing Sucker Punch that often, if at all. Low Kick is also something I have not clicked too much. Maybe consider options like Sludge Bomb for Fairy-types, Dark Pulse for Slowbro(Slowbro walls unless you Tera Dark), Psychic for Paldean Tauros and so on. Calm Mind Slowbro gives the team a great win condition. Mudsdale is the team's Ground-type and has Tera Ground for Bellibolt. (Though, I have yet to Terastallize Mudsdale in practice) Heavy Slam means Gardevoir is OHKOd and you hit Flamigo hard too.

The Camerupt team I made as a joke, but I started laddering and it was working so...
I did eventually drop the Camerupt team in favour of the team with Cryogonal because it felt too difficult to handle hyper offense. Camerupt is actually not terrible in my experience, it checks Rotom-Heat and Yawn is quite good. Lurantis gives removal + Slowbro check. Revavroom compresses Steel-type and choice scarf user. Slowbro is Future Sight, which could help complement either Zoroark or Flamigo. Zoroark + Flamigo is a pretty good combination, and might have been even better if my Zoroark set could beat it via Dark Pulse or at least poison Slowbro with Sludge Bomb. If you were to replace a move, I think Low Kick can go. I did not Terastallize Zoroark very often and Tera Dark may be better. Smth that switches into Flamigo like Mudsdale or Bellibolt may not like Knock Off.

The Tatsugiri team I used briefly, but it's too weak to Belly Drum Hariyama imo, tho I think the team is a cool concept.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)