Tazmily (OU TR team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meltra

formerly Himanattsu
This is my Trick Room team. Although I've been winning a lot with it, I feel it could be better. This is my first RMT, sorry if I did anything wrong. Please tell me with construcive critisism what I could do to make this team better.

Team at a glance:

Lucas(Uxie)@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
-Trick Room
-Yawn
-Stealth Rock
-U Turn
A great lead for my team. First, I use Yawn to force a switch. On the switch, I use set up TR, then I U Turn to a sweeper. Stealth Rock is for when I come in and set it up when TR runs out.

Kumatora(Porygon2)@Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SAtk
-Trick Room
-Recover
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
My other Trick Room user. This thing is awesome, it checks my teams weaknesses, and checks many of the metagames top threats as well. Recover is to keep P2 heathy, and BoltBeam is for eliminating threats such as Gyarados and Salamence.

Duster(Dusknoir)(M)@Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SDef
-Trick Room
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Earthquake
Although not as great as my other Trick Room users, it still gets the job done. Pain Split keeps Dusknoir healthy, Will-o-Wisp cripples sweepers, and EQ deals with Heatran.

Boney(Magnezone)@Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SAtk
-HP Ice
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Tri Attack
My TR special sweeper, and my Skarmory counter. This guy comes in when Machamp is threatened by Skarmory, Magnezone comes in and kills it. I usually save it for later, or else the opponent will save Skarmory for later. HP Ice is for taking out Dragons and Gliscor.

Flint(Machamp)(M)@Life Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/84 Def/84 SDef
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch
This guy deals with Blissey after Skarmory is done for. Close Combat is for STAB, Ice and Thunder Punches is for coverage, and Stone Edge deals with Flying types that come in his way.

Hinawa(Octillery)(F)@Life Orb
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SAtk
-Fire Blast
-Seed Bomb
-Waterfall
-Psychic
My TR mixed attacker. It comes in when Flint and Boney are out, and late-game sweeps. Fire Blast is for Scizor, Seed Bomb is for Swampert, Psychic is for Infernape, Waterfall is for STAB.

Threats:

Azelf: Uxie can handle Azelf to a reasonable extent, and can switch to Dusknoir if it explodes.

Breloom: Machamp can just use Ice Punch.

Celebi: Ice Punch

Dugtrio: Octillery and Machamp can deal with it.

Electivire: Octillery is a lure for Electvire, and gives a free switch in to P2. The speed boost might hurt. though.

Empoleon: Dusknoir's Earthquake should finish the job.

Flygon: Ice Punch

Gengar: Uxie and P2 can beat it, assuming they don't switch into Focus Blast or Shadow Ball.

Gliscor: Ice Punch. Is there anything Ice Punch can't do? :o

Gyarados: Thunderbolt

Heatran: If Dusknoir's EQ doesn't kill it, Oct's Surf should do it.

Heracross: Octillery's Fire Blast

Infernape: Surf

Jirachi: Fire Blast

Kingdra: Magnezone resists both STABs, and it can chip off HP with it's...moves.

Latias: "

Lucario: Fire Blast

Machamp: Dusknoir can deal with it.

Magnezone: Earthquake, and if that doesn't do the job, Machamp's CC will.

Mamoswine: Close Combat

Metagross: Fire Blast

Ninjask: I don't care one inch about it, It's waaaaaay too slow.

Porygon-Z: Close Combat

Rhyperior: Surf

Roserade: Ice Punch

Rotom-A: Magnezone should resist most appliances that doesn't carry Overheat.

Salamence: Ice Punch

Scizor: FIRE BLAAAAAAAST

Snorlax: Close Combat

Starmie: Seed Bomb

Suicune: Thunderbolt

Togekiss: Stone Edge

Tyranitar: Close Combat

Weavile: Close Combat, or any other move.

Yanmega: Any move, considering Stealth Roch is up.

Zapdos: A tough one. P2 is the best bet, wearing it down with Ice Beam.

Blissey: Machamp, even better if it switches in on Toxic

Bronzong: Fire Blast or EQ, Fire Blast usually

Celebi: All of my offensive threats

Cresselia: Octillery should win

Forretress: Fire Blast

Gliscor: Surf, or Ice Punch

Gyarados: Thunderbolt

Hippowdon: Surf

Jirachi: Fire Blast

Rotom-A: Magnezone

Skarmory: Take a wild guess

Snorlax: Machamp

Suicune: Magnezone

Swampert: Octillery

Tyranitar: Machamp

Vaporeon: Thunderbolt

Team Building Process:

First, I wanted to keep my original suicide lead, Claydol. But then, I realized that it wasn't a great idea. I chose Uxie as a lead, since it has a wide variety of support options, and has a Ground type immunity that I can work with.

I needed a Dark and Ghost type resist, so the obvious choice was Porygon2.

Although Uxie has a Fighting type resist, I felt that P2 could use an immunity to Fighting. Therefore, I chose Dusknoir as my third and final Trick Room user.

When choosing my first sweeper, I chose Magnezone, since I would take advantage of Uxie's Levitate and Mangnezone's Ground weakness.

Looking at my team so far, I took notice that Blissey and TTar can beat my team with no effort at all. I chose Machamp for my physical sweeper, since it counters them.

For my final sweeper, I chose Octillery. The reason for that is because it has moves that can counter all of my team's weaknesses.

Thanks in advance.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Rule 3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
You need to improve on your descriptions. Have a look at some of the teams in the RMT archive to see what is expected. Try and stay away from 1-2 line descriptions. Explain why you chose a Pokemon, what it does, how does it contribute to the success of the team, etc. Uxie, Machamp, Dusknoir, and Octillery could use a bit more info. If you fix the descriptions properly, PM me the changes and I'll unlock your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)