BSS Sylveon

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
OwO what’s this?

[SET]
name: CUTESY CRUSADER
move 1: Hyper Voice
move 2: Tera Blast
move 3: Wish / Yawn
move 4: Quick Attack / Shadow Ball / Calm Mind
Item: Leftovers
ability: Pixilate
nature: Bold / Modest
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
tera type: Fire

[SET COMMENTS]
* With its good bulk and Special Attack, Sylveon is quite a dangerous threat and is also hard to take down.

* With the boost from Pixilate, Hyper Voice becomes Sylveon’s best option for STAB, notably bypassing Substitute.

* A Fire-type Tera Blast provides excellent coverage against the many Steel-types that try to take advantage of Sylveon.

* Wish can be used to keep Sylveon healthy, as well as its teammates.

* Shadow Ball offers important coverage on Gholdengo without demanding that Sylveon Terastallize.

* Quick Attack, though weak, can be very helpful for finishing off foes that have hung on against Sylveon or its teammates, and thanks to Pixilate, Ghost-types cannot safely switch in to absorb the move.

Tera Types
==========
Fire: Beyond improving Tera Blast, a Fire Tera type grants Sylveon resistances to Steel and Fairy, allowing it to take on foes it would otherwise have to run from, such as Gholdengo.

[SET]
name: Offensive
move 3: Shadow Ball / Wish / Yawn
move 4: Quick Attack / Shadow Ball
item: Assault Vest / Choice Specs
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA

[SET COMMENTS]
* With its good natural bulk, Sylveon can serve as a potent attacker and decent revenge killer.

* Thanks to Pixilate, Hyper Voice is Sylveon’s best STAB option, notably bypassing Substitute.

* Tera Blast serves as a good alternate STAB attack once Sylveon has Terastallized, providing highly valuable coverage against the Steel-types that could otherwise exploit it, like Scizor.

* Shadow Ball hits foes such as Mimikyu and Gholdengo super effectively, and it means Sylveon does not have to Terastallize to hit Gholdengo for good damage.

* Though it is weak, Quick Attack gives valuable priority for picking off weakened threats, and thanks to Pixilate, surprise users of Tera Ghost aren't able to absorb it.

Items
==========

* Assault Vest: Assault Vest lets even offensive Sylveon be specially resilient, but it doesn't allow Wish or Yawn to be used.

* Choice Specs: With the boost from Choice Specs, Sylveon is a surprisingly potent wallbreaker, making the most out of its many opportunities to switch in.

EV Spreads
==========

* 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA: This spread capitalizes on Sylveon's good natural bulk while maximizing its power.

* 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe: While no bulk investment makes Sylveon more difficult to safely get in, Speed investment allows it to outrun and threaten a wider range of foes, such as Scizor and Corviknight.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[DerpySuX, 528485]]
- Quality checked by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Checking this now!

I'd consider splitting the sets up into a Special Attacker set with Specs / AV, and a bulky set with Leftovers. Besides cutting down on the large amount of slashes, I also think it separates stuff like the Bold spread (which I feel is much more associated with Calm Mind and support sets than the other spreads). Yeah there'll be some repeated info, but I think it's worth it for the reader!

Otherwise this looks good to me, QC Approved 1/1!

DerpySuX

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
Checking this now!

I'd consider splitting the sets up into a Special Attacker set with Specs / AV, and a bulky set with Leftovers. Besides cutting down on the large amount of slashes, I also think it separates stuff like the Bold spread (which I feel is much more associated with Calm Mind and support sets than the other spreads). Yeah there'll be some repeated info, but I think it's worth it for the reader!

Otherwise this looks good to me, QC Approved 1/1!
Thank you! In hindsight yeah I probably should’ve made 2 sets lol, whoopsie. Will fix as soon as I can :)

DerpySuX

Alrighty I separated the offensive and support based sets, there was a lot of repeated points as you said there would be lol, hopefully this makes it easier to digest tho.

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Only thing I'd add is that fast Slyveons outspeeding Corviknight and Scizor is pretty helpful. Otherwise, this looks good to go to me!

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
[SET]
item: Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]
* With its good bulk and Special Attack, Sylveon is quite a dangerous threat that and is also hard to take down.

* With the boost from Pixilate, Hyper Voice becomes Sylveon’s best option for STAB, with its good damage output ad ability to bypass notably bypassing Substitute.

* A Fire-type Tera Blast provides excellent coverage against the many Steel-types that try to take advantage of Sylveon.

* Shadow Ball offers important coverage on Gholdengo without demanding that Sylveon Terastallize.

* Quick Attack, though weak, can be very helpful for finishing off foes that have hung on against Sylveon or it’s its teammates, and thanks to Pixilate, ghost types Ghost-types cannot safely switch in to absorb the move. (removed extra line break under)

Tera Types
==========
Fire-type: A Fire Tera type allows Sylveon to punish the Steel-types that try to take advantage of it as well as grants it a resistance to Steel and Fairy-type attacks, Fire: Beyond improving Tera Blast, a Fire Tera type grants Sylveon resistances to Steel and Fairy, (as long as this still makes sense with the ender) allowing it to take on foes it would otherwise have to run from, such as Gholdengo.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
* With its good natural bulk, Sylveon can serve as a potent attacker and decent revenge killer.

* Thanks to Pixilate, Hyper Voice is Sylveon’s best STAB option with its good power and ability to bypass substitutes. option, notably bypassing Substitute.

* Tera Blast serves as a good alternate STAB attack, and becomes highly valuable coverage attack once Sylveon had has Terastallized, providing highly valuable coverage against the Steel-types that could otherwise exploit it, like Scizor.

* Shadow Ball hits foes such as Mimikyu and Gholdengo super effectively, and it means Sylveon does not have to Terastalize Terastallize to hit Gholdengo for good damage.

* Though it is weak, Quick Attack is gives valuable priority for picking off weakened threats, and thanks to Pixilate, surprise Ghost Tera types won’t be able to absorb it as they normally would. users of Tera Ghost aren't able to absorb it.

Items
==========

* Assault Vest: Assault Vest still allows Sylveon to be surprisingly resilient on the Special side, at the cost of not allowing it to use supportive moves. lets even offensive Sylveon be specially resilient, but it doesn't allow Wish or Yawn to be used.

* Choice Specs: With the boost from Choice Specs, Sylveon is a surprisingly potent wallbreaker, making the most out of its many opportunities to switch in.

EV Spreads
==========

* 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA: This spread retains much of Sylveon’s capitalizes on Sylveon's good natural bulk while maximizing its power.

* 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe: While no bulk investment makes Sylveon more difficult to safely get in, Speed investment can allow allows it to outrun and threaten a wider range of fos, foes, such as Scizor and Corviknight.

Tera Types
==========

* Fire-type: A Fire-type Tera allows Sylveon to better combat the many Steel-types that try to take advantage of it, allowing it to threaten the likes of Scizor and Gholdengo that it would otherwise have to run from. (with my changes, the set comments covers this info)

[CREDITS]
Adeleine-1.gif
GP Team done

DerpySuX

Add/Fix Remove Comment
[SET]
item: Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]
* With its good bulk and Special Attack, Sylveon is quite a dangerous threat that and is also hard to take down.

* With the boost from Pixilate, Hyper Voice becomes Sylveon’s best option for STAB, with its good damage output ad ability to bypass notably bypassing Substitute.

* Quick Attack, though weak, can be very helpful for finishing off foes that have hung on against Sylveon or it’s its teammates, and thanks to Pixilate, ghost types Ghost-types cannot safely switch in to absorb the move. (removed extra line break under)

Tera Types
==========
Fire-type: A Fire Tera type allows Sylveon to punish the Steel-types that try to take advantage of it as well as grants it a resistance to Steel and Fairy-type attacks, Fire: Beyond improving Tera Blast, a Fire Tera type grants Sylveon resistances to Steel and Fairy, (as long as this still makes sense with the ender) allowing it to take on foes it would otherwise have to run from, such as Gholdengo.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Thanks to Pixilate, Hyper Voice is Sylveon’s best STAB option with its good power and ability to bypass substitutes. option, notably bypassing Substitute.

* Tera Blast serves as a good alternate STAB attack, and becomes highly valuable coverage attack once Sylveon had has Terastallized, providing highly valuable coverage against the Steel-types that could otherwise exploit it, like Scizor.

* Shadow Ball hits foes such as Mimikyu and Gholdengo super effectively, and it means Sylveon does not have to Terastalize Terastallize to hit Gholdengo for good damage.

* Though it is weak, Quick Attack is gives valuable priority for picking off weakened threats, and thanks to Pixilate, surprise Ghost Tera types won’t be able to absorb it as they normally would. users of Tera Ghost aren't able to absorb it.

Items
==========

* Assault Vest: Assault Vest still allows Sylveon to be surprisingly resilient on the Special side, at the cost of not allowing it to use supportive moves. lets even offensive Sylveon be specially resilient, but it doesn't allow Wish or Yawn to be used.

EV Spreads
==========

* 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA: This spread retains much of Sylveon’s capitalizes on Sylveon's good natural bulk while maximizing its power.

* 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe: While no bulk investment makes Sylveon more difficult to safely get in, Speed investment can allow allows it to outrun and threaten a wider range of fos, foes, such as Scizor and Corviknight.

Tera Types
==========

* Fire-type: A Fire-type Tera allows Sylveon to better combat the many Steel-types that try to take advantage of it, allowing it to threaten the likes of Scizor and Gholdengo that it would otherwise have to run from. (with my changes, the set comments covers this info)

[CREDITS]
View attachment 475508GP Team done
Thank you!! I have made these changes so tagging Theorymon to say it’s ready to go up!

Theorymon

Sylveon is now uploaded! Fun fact: this is the first analysis I've ever uploaded using a Steam Deck LOL. Wonder if this is the first Smogon analysis to be uploaded via a Steam Deck in general...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)