Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Wasnt the Arceus event never activable legitimately as the item was never distributed? Or am I confusing it with something else?
My understanding is that while the flute to catch a wild Arceus was never distributed, there were events that just directly distributed an Arceus.

The spear pillar event never happened but Arceus itself was released alongside rhe movie. If you had it in Platinum you could see a Hiker who gave lore. If you sent to HGSS you got the sinjoh ruins sidequest.
I am pretty sure Arceus came out before HGSS did, even. Or same year at least
My understanding is that while the flute to catch a wild Arceus was never distributed, there were events that just directly distributed an Arceus.
I see, I didn't know of the distribution with the movie.

Pretend i said nothing :facepalm:

I see, I didn't know of the distribution with the movie.

Pretend i said nothing :facepalm:
I gotta know: did you think the arceus movie didnt come with arceus distribution and the dream world vote was the first time Arceus was given away

The "etc" part of "Galar, etc." strongly implies Meltan and Melmetal aren't considered Gen 8 Pokémon either.

So... we call them Gen 7.5 mons?
There's no precedent obviously, but the fact that there are still 8 distinct groups with the Meltan line in the 8th one feels like sufficient evidence evidence to me that they're officially considered part of Gen 8 yet also officially considered not part of Galar. They could've done an "Alola, etc." or used Go's "Unknown region" thing as a separate category, but they deliberately chose not to.

There's no precedent obviously, but the fact that there are still 8 distinct groups with the Meltan line in the 8th one feels like sufficient evidence evidence to me that they're officially considered part of Gen 8 yet also officially considered not part of Galar. They could've done an "Alola, etc." or used Go's "Unknown region" thing as a separate category, but they deliberately chose not to.
Well I can understand unknown region not being an option. There are exactly 2 pokemon in that category
Still internally they're gen 7 jduding by serebiis tweets so who knows. It's phione nonsense all over again, is it a legend a mythic or not. Spin the wheel of marketing and find out

Or ultra beasts, who are internally legends but theyre own separate non-legend category elsewhere

My favourite part about Gen 4 Arceus is that due to it only being available at Level 100 and with the ways EVs worked back then, the only possible EV spread for it was 100 in each stat.

I'm likely to make use of the code thing for the boxes, since it's one at a time as opposed to just dumping everything all at once. There's still things I want to keep in Bank... and some which belong specifically to Gen 6 and hence I don't want to transfer out of Bank until I get Gen 6 back.

The game itself has a Free Box, this box allows for you to transfer from Let's Go, Sword & Shield or receive Mystery Gifts without the Premium Plan, and then it has more boxes for the Premium Plan users.
~Serebii
Am I reading this right? Everyone in Sword/Shield will have a box that can transfer a single box of Pokemon from Let's Go? Without any subscription, mobile app or Pokemon Home? I must have misinterpreted that.

For anyone in the know, are the Gigantamax Toxtricity files in the game already? Or should we expect a game update for it?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Am I reading this right? Everyone in Sword/Shield will have a box that can transfer a single box of Pokemon from Let's Go? Without any subscription, mobile app or Pokemon Home? I must have misinterpreted that.

For anyone in the know, are the Gigantamax Toxtricity files in the game already? Or should we expect a game update for it?
Gmax Toxtricity was accessed early by dataminers a good while back

That was known from the beginning: Home's free subscription is 30 pokemon slots (effectively a pokemon box), for any pokemon game present on Switch, as well as the ability to receive Mystery gifts and deposit a pokemon in GTS.

That was known from the beginning: Home's free subscription is 30 pokemon slots (effectively a pokemon box), for any pokemon game present on Switch, as well as the ability to receive Mystery gifts and deposit a pokemon in GTS.
Must have missed that when I saw the price of Premium. So essentially for Let's Go you can transfer your entire library, 30 at a time, to Sword/Shield? Not bad, not that there is much interesting in Let's Go to transfer over.

Must have missed that when I saw the price of Premium. So essentially for Let's Go you can transfer your entire library, 30 at a time, to Sword/Shield? Not bad, not that there is much interesting in Let's Go to transfer over.
Pretty much, though Go and Let's Go are still currently the only ways to obtain Meltan and Melmetal

With the giant asterisk of you cannot transfer the 90 (we'll ignore slowpoke for this) Kanto pokemon not currently in SWSH from Home to SWSH

With the giant asterisk of you cannot transfer the 90 (we'll ignore slowpoke for this) Kanto pokemon not currently in SWSH from Home to SWSH
Thanks. I assume it explicitly states that. I am checking the Home site but it seems like the formatting is messed up on my browser so some of the info is covered up with the images. Will try again later on a different browser. I am hoping the release of Home allows more than the 35-40 or so Pokemon currently in the files. Would be kind of lame considering the price of Premium if Home would only give us a handful of new types at release. The expansions are a good bit away. Transferring old ones is great, but really wanting to expand the Pokedex. And I already have good versions of many of the Pokemon I have in the old games.

Suppose any day now, we'll know the day they plan to give us the release day. Seems to be how they release information. :psygrump:

There has been no indication they are dropping an update on SWSH to go with Home so you can transfer Pokemon
Meanwhile we know for a fact that there will be updates dropping with the DLC so you can transfer those pokemon

The writing seems pretty obvious on the wall here

Kinda love that since the original post, no-one's talked about Gigantamax Toxitricity. Poor thing.

In other forgettable little bits of Pokémon news that they really like dropping today, a new online battle competition has been announced -- and the reason I mention this one is because you get an exclusive piece of clothing for participating in it; a Poké Ball Guy tee.

"The next online competition has been announced. This competition, 2020 International Challenge February, is a Double Battle competition runs VGC Rules. Download Rules are also now available for this competition.
Registration is open from February 19 07:00 UTC to February 27th 23:59 UTC. Battles will run from February 28th 00:00 UTC to March 1st 23:59 UTC. All players get a special Casual Tee (Poké Ball Guy). Players on the Play! Pokémon Circuit can earn up to 50 CP towards their Worlds Invite. Players wanting to earn CP need to connect their Nintendo Account to their Pokémon Trainer Club account on the official site "
~Serebii

I think the phone app is actually a good thing... in concept. It allows for a lot of convenience; not just when you're out of the house, but also while actually using the game. For instance, right now if I'm playing Ultra Sun and I want to check, say, which Love Ball Pokémon I have; that collection is so large that I don't keep it in Ultra Sun myself. So what I have to do is save, switch off the game, go into Bank and all its connecting and loading, go to my Love Ball collection, confirm what I have, and then switch Bank off and go back into Ultra Sun. Multiply that many times over for other collections like Legendaries or Vivillon or Living Dexes or just finding a specific Pokémon in general. By having the app also available on a separate platform, I'm able to just go into it while playing the game without having to shut either one down; making it a lot more convenient, and for that added feature I'm happy to wait a little longer. ... also, it possibly means that I can pay for Home with iTunes cards I get for christmas from family who don't know what to get me that I don't use on anything else; so that's pretty neat too.

What I'm not happy about though is the locking of certain features like Mystery Gift behind the Phone version. And it mystifies me, honestly -- usually when there's a weird decision like this that just inconveniences the player, an answer can often be found in "because it makes more money for the company". But this one's just baffling -- are you expecting to be able to sell phones through locking Mystery Gifts behind them?? Do you think it'll make it more likely that someone will click on Pokémon Go or Masters if they're on their phones to begin with? What's the reasoning behind this?
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/new-mythical-pokemon-new-pokemon-movie-koko.3659520/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)