National Dex SWEETERMAN - The 6 God's Greatest Hits [300th Post Special]

seth

the mint
is a Tiering Contributor
:sm/medicham-mega: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/zapdos: :sm/ferrothorn: :sm/tapu-lele: :sv/gouging-fire:

Introduction
Hello folks, after many months of strenuous posting I have finally reached the esteemed 300 post mark. As such, I figured it was finally time to release a tribute to my inspiration, my pookie, my master, the shadow leader of The 6: Aubrey "Drake" Graham and I could think of no better way than a National Dex OU team. This has been one of my favorite NatDex teams since Gouging Fire released and I feel it is a good representation of my builds in the tier.

Building Process

:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele:
The original idea of the team was to build around the offensive core of Mega Medicham and AV Tapu Lele, with virtually nothing in the tier being able to effectively wall the core these two form a dastardly duo. Assault Vest on Tapu Lele allows you to pick up a lot of surprise hits on switch-ins assuming you're choice-locked while also allowing it to serve as a soft check to special attackers in the tier like Kyurem and Raging Bolt.

:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :zapdos:
Zapdos is the primary switch in to several physical attackers in the tier that threaten the team such as Mega Lopunny, Kartana, and Urshifu-R, as well as clearing hazards for the team.

:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :zapdos: :ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn completes the main defensive core of the team, providing a much needed Water resist, Lele check, Stealth Rock setter, etc... This Guy Is Awesome Basically...

:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :zapdos: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian:
At this point I realized the team was slow as balls and lacked a Ground type, so opted for Scarf Landorus. It does what Scarf Landorus does, EQ or U-turn into powerful clicker 90% of the time and occasionally click Stone Edge/Explosion.

:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :zapdos: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian: :gouging-fire:
To round out the team, I decided on Specially Defensive Gouging Fire. Gouging gives the team a solid wincon as well as being solid defensively into Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona (kinda) which the team deeply appreciates.

The Squad

:sm/medicham-mega:
Medi's Home (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Papi Medicham is a terrifying freak of nature possessing the raw power to threaten a kill or heavy damage every time it hits the field. Fake Out is preferred in the last slot for its ability to clean up chipped offensive threats that would outspeed and break through the team otherwise, but Thunder Punch can be teched on if you really hate Slowbro and wanna be #different.

:sm/landorus-therian:
FlyingGroundKings (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion
As previously stated, Scarf Landorus does what it does. The spread on this is pretty customizable but I like good ol' max max to deal as much damage as possible. Tera Ground gives Landorus more late game cleaning potential and the ability to ohko offensive threats like Tapu Lele from full. Explosion provides a nice emergency button for when things have gone awry, but Defog is another option if you want to free up a slot for Zapdos.

:sm/zapdos:
You & The Switch (Zapdos) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
Zapdos endlessly carries the boats, paralyzing any physical attacker that dare to click their move, keeping hazards off, forcing switches and giving its teammates opportunities to come in and click with Volt Switch. All around just a stand up dude. Defog can be slotted onto Landorus over Explosion to allow Zapdos to run an additional coverage move like Hidden Power Ice or Heat Wave. I haven't found either option to work better than the other so just comes down to preference. Tera Steel grants a toxic immunity while flipping the Ice type weakness and giving you several great resistances. 30 speed IVs because Imma #RealSlowVolter

:sm/ferrothorn:
Rock Style (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Boy oh boy where do I even begin. Ferro... honey, my pookie bear. I have loved you ever since I first set hazards with you. The way you drive into the Psychic Type Moves and strike fear into your enemies eyes. Your silky smooth ability to check Ogerpon Wellspring, and that gorgeous Leech Seed. I would do anything for you. Tera Ghost grants an immunity to Fighting type moves, letting you check Superpower variants of Ogerpon-W as well as Pokemon like Zamazenta and Mega Medicham. 52 Special Defense is arbitrary I just like a lil extra juice.

:sm/tapu-lele:
The Lelenguage (Tapu Lele) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 80 HP / 236 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
AV Tapu Lele is, in my humble opinion, the most underrated Pokemon in the tier. This mon just finds so many opportunities to claim through your opponent pretty much always assuming you're choiced. HP EVs allows you to live three Seismic Tosses from full while the speed lets it outrun max speed Raging Bolt. HP Fire snipes Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, while Psyshock hits special walls that would beat it otherwise like Slowking-Galar and Blissey.

:sv/gouging-fire:
Sweeperman (Gouging Fire) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpD / 104 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heat Crash
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Morning Sun
And the final piece of the metaphorical puzzle, Gouging Greg. Gouging Fire provides several key resistances to the team while also serving as a great win condition in conjunction with Tera Steel. Many games can simply come down to Gouging Fire teraing, dding up on a passive Pokemon relying on toxic to threaten it such as Alomamola, and proceeding to win the game. Heat Crash and Earthquake is the best coverage for bulky dd variants of Gouging Fire imo. With proper support, they should cover everything you want Gouging to be beating. Went Max HP with enough speed to outpace Scarf Tapu Lele at +2 (its actually a bit faster for something else IDR but trust me It is something relevant.. Ok?) and dumped the rest into Special Defense.

Threatlist
:darkrai:
Loading into Darkrai is pretty scary, with the specs dark pulse switch in being... Tapu Lele.. but it's playable. Pretty much comes down to giving it as few chances as possible to fire off its attacks through proactive play, keeping it in a situation where it has to trade to actually get off its attack is key but if the spex rai user has a brain they are prob claiming one minimum. Z-Hypnosis/Boots plot sets are also a little tedious, mostly the former as an unexpected Hypnosis on the wrong pokemon can quickly snowball into a loss.

:ogerpon-wellspring: :urshifu-rapid-strike:
5/6 just get outsped and die to +2 tera cudgel/superpower. Sounds a lot worse than it actually is since the Superpower on ferro is pretty telegraphed and scarf lando can revenge kill but boy if they Cudgel on your tera.. Wraps. Most of the team has means of pressuring it in some way so it getting that SD isnt so free in practice but definitely need to have your wits about you in this matchup. I lumped shifu here asw cus theyr kinda similar. Choice sets r like techinically an issue but rly not hard to play around in practice. Pads Tera Steel however is very annoying. The setup it requires is managable to play around since they need to get the tera timing right and then get an SD/Trailblaze the next turn if they want to actually sweep but ya another one you gotta be a lil careful of.

there were a couple miscellaneous mons i didnt think were big enough issues to list that kinda just fall into dont give it 1 krillion free turns and u are fine. if i find any other big threats will edit this :afrostar:

GANGNEM
gonna try to keep it relatively short. firstly shoutout to my gcn bros Kayzn Adriyun sealoo hidin yonmd would not have had nearly as much fun playing mons these past months without yall. I got gooners who not even blood related but we locked in 4L. Come back yon. Your family misses you. shoutout Boomenheimer for giving my asylum in wla throughout my many NDcord bans and mutes and finally shoutout all the folks I have had the pleasure of larping with thruout all the streets of Discordia, not tagging cus i dont want to forget anyone but i rly appreciate you all :heart: . Finally Finally shoutout all prc representatives past, present, and future. The Future Is Pokerich.

#PRC4L #PokerichPresident #ElPresidente #SWEETERMAN #HarryBWins #PokerichPride #WeLoveUDrizzy

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)