Sweet Chin Music(peaked #7 at 1510 points)

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name

Introduction

So I have never posted an RMT in the three years since I joined smogon,partly out of sheer laziness and partly because I didn't want to reveal my teams.But in gen 5,team preview reveals your team to your opponent before the battle and,having laddered extensively with this team,a lot of people probably know it so why not post an RMT in order to fix it's weakness through TR advice?

I can't for the life of me recall when I built this team but it was about 3 months ago.My team building style is basically a series of trial and error tests.I decide what poke I want to base my team around,add pokes to support it while attempting to check the various threats that this metagame has to offer.Then I ladder till I lose to something,open my teambuilder and try to fix that weakness.This cycle continues till I feel that I have everything covered and the team gets me a good rating although hax can be a bitch :(
That being said,If you're expecting a team building process,I'm sorry but you're going to be disappointed.This team has gone through so many changes that it's impossible for me list them(or remember them :P).
As I said,I always attempt to cover as many threats as possible when i build teams so most of my teams are Bulky offense.I despise stall with a passion and I don't like the risk that comes with HO teams.I like being in control and setting up on my opponent when I can.The team is based around a SD Lucario sweep but it can also win me games without him setting up whether it is wearing the opposition down with hazards or stalling them with Mew or a combination of both.
The team peaked at #7 on the Smogon leaderboard with a rating of 1510 before I got shitloads of hax and lost 100 points.It was one of the four teams i sent for Second Chances and helped me reach round 4 undefeated.I had planned to post it after the tournament.Then I got coin flipped in R4 and luckfucked by Mcmeghan in R5 so here it is.

The name of this RMT comes from my favorite ex WWE wrestler Shawn Michaels(aka HBK) signature move :)

In detail:

Tyranitar (F) @ Lum berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs:252 HP / 60 Atk / 64 SAtk / 132 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
Crunch
Fire Blast
Pursuit
Stealth Rock

Tyranitar plays a very important role on this team and is easily the hardest member to replace.The team does not require sand to win but sand is necessary in order to beat Sun,Rain and,to a lesser extent,Hail.Tyranitar also helps Luke sweep by eliminating the likes of Jellicent,Dusclops(lol),etc.
The moves are self explanatory:Crunch is her main STAB and is required to slay ghosts and psychic types.I run Pursuit as well to ensure that it is much harder for ghosts and psychic types to escape him.It also helps her kill weakened weather starters among other troublesome pokemon.I also use her to get rid of Tenta on rain teams by predicting the switch in,Crunch/Pursuiting them(they usually carry protect so it involves mind games) and repeat the process till it's weakened enough for me to Pursuit it to death.This enables Forry to set up hazards and spin them with ease.It was a toss up between Fire Blast and Ice Beam and I decided to go with the former so opposing Luke,Scizor,etc.can't set up on me and so I can prevent Ferro and opposing Forry from setting up hazards.Stealth Rock is a must have for any team so that Dragonite and Volcarona can't switch in and out as they please. and is also a good hazard in general in tandem with Spikes.
I'm in a dilemma with regard to the EVspread i should use;I want special bulk but I also need power to beat the likes of Reuniclus.Help would be appreciated.
Lum berry was chosen to give Tyranitar the ability to beat Jellicent,Dusclops,Cofag,etc. and also helps against Tentacruel.Gotta love that sprite :)

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs:252 HP / 236 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Psychic
Will-O-Wisp
Taunt
Recover

Mew is here to deal with the powerful Fighting type pokemon that dominate this metagame and is a good physical wall and stall breaker in general.Terrakion is a bit tricky to deal with but Mew never goes down without burning him bar hax.Rock jewel Tera OHKO's but I can burn it if I predict the first Stone Edge correctly and sack someone(usually Forry as he's the least important team member).
Psychic is it's only attacking move on this set and helps it check Fighting types.Taunt helps break stall and prevents pokemon from setting up boosts/hazards.WOW cripples physically inclined pokemon and Fighting types and helps wear other pokemon down along with SS damage.Recover necessary to keep it in good shape so it can constantly wall opposing pokemon.Synchronize is a decent ability to have but I often wish it got Magic Guard :(
252 HP and 216 in Defence to help it effectively wall Fighting types.I used to run 252 Def but SJCrew advised me to run 236 and put the rest in Spd and it has worked pretty well.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs:252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Spa
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hidden Power Ice
U-turn

Landorus is without a doubt one of the best,if not the best,revenge killer in this generation.It's ability only enhances it's revenge killing abilities.He can scout,sweep late game,revenge kill-Scarflandorus can do anything you need him to.
Earthquake is his most important move as it is,not only his only STAB move on this set,but also what makes him a good counter to Terakion,CMrachi,etc.Stone Edge is the second most important move as it stops DDnite,Volcarona and Gyara from sweeping.U-turn is great for scouting and gaining the upper hand while Hidden Power Ice is useful against Gliscor and when I want to kill a dragon without risking a Stone Edge miss.His unique speed stat is another reason why he's so good at what he does.
Standard spread for Scarflandorus with 4 EVs in Spa to power up HP Ice.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs:252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature (+ Def, -Spd)
Spikes
Volt Switch
Gyro Ball
Rapid Spin

Almost every team needs a spinner,with the exception of HO teams and some uncommon ones,and a steel type to tank Outrages.Forry functions as both a spinner and a physical wall on this team while setting up Spikes to weaken the opposition for a Luke sweep.80% of the times that I get SR+Spikes up I don't even need to set up with Luke to sweep.Even with all her advantages,she is the first pokemon that comes to mind when I need to put something to sleep or sacrifice something.
Spikes help wear down opposing pokemon to soften them up for Lucario to sweep.Volt Switch is useful to escape from the clutches of non HP Fire Magnezone and also helps me kill opposing spinblockers and Tentacruel with Tyranitar.It also helps scout and turn the momentum in my favour.Gyro Ball prevents it from being set up fodder for Terakion and gives her a way of hitting the dragons she will often come in to wall(although I'll usually set up Spikes for the first two turns or so of Outrage and then Gyro Ball as they get confused or Volt Switch if i think they're gonna switch).Sturdy is a much better ability than it used to be and guarantees that Forry will get one layer of Spikes up atleast before she gets KO'd which is cool.Also helps when it comes to spinning hazards.
The EVs are standard stuff;I don't need it to absorb DM's so 252 EVs are put in Defence and the remaining 4 EVs are put in Attack to make Gyro Ball stronger.

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
Earthquake
Scald
Toxic
Recover

Gastrodon is my rain and Rotom-W check.She was an original member of the team and I never felt the need to change her as she was very good at what she does.I obviously need to watch out for Hidden Power Grass so I will always start with her vs rain teams(assuming they'll lead with Politoed) and then switch to Forry the next turn.This tells me whether the opposing Politoed carries HP Grass or not as they will either HP Grass Gastro or Toxic it.It's funny how some players think they can cripple her by burning her.All they do is nullify Leftys recovery and make her immune to poison.That being said,If for some reason Forry goes down early and my opponent sets Tspikes up,I make it a point to switch Gastro in before he sets up a second layer to keep her alive.Chesto/Ebelt Rotom-W with HP Grass is a bitch :(
Scald is her main STAB and it's 30% burn rate can be very useful.Earth Power is her secondary STAB and grants it useful coverage;it ensures that Toxicroak cannot set up on her and also gives her a means of hurting Jirachi and Tentacruel.Skarm takes a shitload if I predict the Roost accurately.Toxic helps it stall opposing pokemon and works well with Recover.
Again,I don't need Gastrodon to absorb DM's so I decided to go for a physically defensive spread and it has saved my ass more times then I can remember.The EVs also ensure that she is never 2HKO'ed by Bandzor's U-turn so I just click Recover when i think they're gonna U-turn(she takes 45% max from a CB U-turn).The remainder of the EVs are dumped in SDef to give it some special bulk which is further boosted by the nature.Oh and did I mention that she's extremely horny? ;)

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Swords Dance
Close Combat
ExtremeSpeed
Ice Punch

And here's the boss! Just as HBK beats the shit out of other wrestlers Luke wrecks the majority of the metagame with it's good Attack stat and high BP STAB.Tyranitar allows me to run Ice Punch on Luke as ghosts are already taken care of.CC,Espeed and Ice Punch give him good coverage and he's very dangerous with Spikes and SR up and his counters gone.
Close Combat is the move I'll be spamming 90% of the times I bring him in due to it's high BP and STAB boost.ExtremeSpeed is the next best move he has considering his horrible(atleast by OU standards)speed stat.Swords Dance is my weapon vs defensive teams although I rarely need to use it with all the HO teams that you see around these days.Last but not least,Ice Punch helps him OHKO Gliscor,Dragonite,etc. after +2 and provides good coverage alongside his other moves.
Again,nothing special here;252 EVs in attack and Adamant nature to wreck the opposition and 252 Spd as he needs all the speed he can get.The leftover EVs are put in HP to give him some bulk to set up on stuff and so he doesn't get killed by stuff like CBzor's BP :(

Conclusion

While this team has been very successful for me it still has it's flaws and that is why I have come to you for help.Opposing Stall breaker Mews are hard to deal with without any WOW misses to help me.Bulky CM Reuniclus is another pokemon that's troublesome for this team.I can deal with both these pokemon but it requires luck and precision on my part and it's even harder if the opponent is a good player so any suggestions to make dealing with them easier are more than welcome.Pardon me if I've made any mistakes as this is my first RMT.
I'm also very thankful to shrang for helping me write this RMT.Rate away!

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Got a request to rate this, so I'll give it a go:

This team looks pretty good. One thing to note is that Calm Mind Virizion can be pretty annoying if Mew is weakened enough. At +2, LO Giga Drain does 61.14% - 72.28% to Mew, which means it can go for a second Calm Mind as you hit it with Psychic (which won't do that much, 24.77% - 29.72% to be exact), then Giga Drain a lot of that health health back if Mew is within OHKO range. Simple quick fix, really, just give Mew Psyshock instead of Psychic, that way you are always going to kill the musketeer without much trouble at all.

Also, that Landorus pic may be pushing it as far as "work safe" is concerned =D.

Anyway, good team, congrats on the ladder spot, and good luck!

HBK

Hmmm yeah Virizion can be difficult but I can usually weaken it with Psychic(if it sets up on Mew that is) then Sack Forry and U-turn on it with Landorus.If it sets up on Gastrodon then I switch to Mew,burn it as it Giga drains(Most of them nowadays run Leftovers coz LO variants die too fast so Giga drain won't 2HKO)and then psychic it again switch to Forry,sack him and U-turn with Landorus and sack Mew and then U-turn again........yeah it's a bitch to deal with but running Psyshock is not the answer;it'll make me Conkeldurr-weak.And I actually thought that pic was funny but if a Mod posts here saying I should change it then I will :) Thanks for the rate bro!

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, cool team.

Anyways I'd probably keep Psychic on Mew since you still have a defense against CM Virizion somewhat in Forretress and Landorus, while Conkeldurr outright beats this team if Mew isn't able to beat it. Anyways I definitely see the threat of Calm Mind Reuniclus; it's almost always a nuisance for Defensive teams like these. You're best shot at beating it is to hit it repeatedly with Tyranitar/Landorus, but you usually have to sacrifice something in the process of killing Reuniclus with those two, possibly another mon to get Ttar/Landorus in, not to mention Reuniclus can lure either of them in and gradually wear them down via Focus Blast/Psychic. Anyways have you ever thought of trying a Choice Banded Tyranitar over your current set and moving SR to Forretress over Volt Switch/Gyro Ball? Choice Band Tyranitar is always able to outspeed and OHKO Reuniclus with Crunch, but I also think it can help your team in other ways. Choice Band Tyranitar is a great lure for a lot of physical walls such as Skarmory, Hippowdon and Tangrowth, given how much Crunch/Stone Edge is doing to them, especially in conjuction with hazards, ultimately making it easier for Lucario to sweep. CB Tyranitar is also useful against opposing stall/balance teams since it can outspeed and KO/Trap opposing Jellicent, and there's rarely a need to Pursuit as most people don't expect Crunch from a fast CB Tar and think that Jellicent can just outspeed and Will O Wisp it. Anyways the EVs listed below are for maximum bulk and the ability to outspeed Jellicent/Skarmory's standard sets. Additionally, I think you could make a small change to Gastrodon; I'd run Earthquake over Earth Power and a Sassy Nature so that you can counter SubCM Jirachi better and do more damage to specially defensive Heatran, the latter is obviously somewhat negligible but can come in handy at times, although Earthquake is much more optimal for countering SubCM Jirachi, which is one of the better qualities of Gastrodon.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SDef / 84 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Change Summary:

Gastrodon:
Earth Power-> Earthquake

Forretress:
Volt Switch / Gyro Ball -> Stealth Rock

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sup HBK
nice team bro. I agree with karpman about running Earthquake over Earth Power and Sassy over Calm. Earthquake is obviously the superior move for annoying Calm Minders such as Jirachi and Gastrodon really dosen't need speed for anything. Now I can also see the Banded Ttar Karpman mentioned being useful, but I also see that Gyro Ball and Volt Switch being important on Forretress. I ran banded Ttar once and I never used Stone Edge for anything. Even when I did it'd miss ofc (lol.) Your team also dosen't have any particularly hard hitters. So I suggest running the Banded Ttar Karpman mentioned but with Stealth Rock over Stone Edge. This will not only allow you to keep those important moves on Forre, it'll also alow you to bluff the standard mix attacking set and possibly net some surprise kills on pokes that think they can live anything a Ttar can dish out then they are met with a banded max attack STAB crunch.
Hope my suggestions helped GL with the team!
SETS:

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spe)
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SDef / 84 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A well build bulky offensive team, congrats on your success in the ladder and the tour! A small nitpick that will help you a lot vs CM Jirachi that carry Psychic and Tentacruel, which is hit harder by EQ is to change EP to EQ and use a Sassy nature. You don't even care about BU Toxicroak since Mew completely walls it.

Hey there.

SD Gliscor is a major problem for this team. It can set up on your Forretress easily and deal massive damage to your team; Landorus is the only thing that can actually take it out, and if you predict wrong, that will just die to Ice Fang. Landorus can't even OHKO with HP Ice, so it isn't even a great check. You can easily fix this, however, by running Hidden Power Ice over Gyro Ball on Forretress. Also, move 84 EVs out of Defense into Special Attack, which will guarantee a 2HKO on Gliscor. You can just Volt Switch on Terrakion anyway, and play accordingly, so this isn't too big of a problem since you have both Mew and Scarf Landorus (Gastrodon can take a hit too if necessary).

However, if you feel like this still makes you too weak to Terrakion, you could always try Bullet Punch over Ice Punch on Lucario. Since Forretress can deal surprise damage to it now, it can weaken it enough to where Lucario can take it out with a boosted E-Speed. Bullet Punch provides some insurance against Terrakion, and can also let Lucario kill things like ScarfTar that would otherwise prevent its sweep.

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

HBK

Hi there, cool team.

Anyways I'd probably keep Psychic on Mew since you still have a defense against CM Virizion somewhat in Forretress and Landorus, while Conkeldurr outright beats this team if Mew isn't able to beat it. Anyways I definitely see the threat of Calm Mind Reuniclus; it's almost always a nuisance for Defensive teams like these. You're best shot at beating it is to hit it repeatedly with Tyranitar/Landorus, but you usually have to sacrifice something in the process of killing Reuniclus with those two, possibly another mon to get Ttar/Landorus in, not to mention Reuniclus can lure either of them in and gradually wear them down via Focus Blast/Psychic. Anyways have you ever thought of trying a Choice Banded Tyranitar over your current set and moving SR to Forretress over Volt Switch/Gyro Ball? Choice Band Tyranitar is always able to outspeed and OHKO Reuniclus with Crunch, but I also think it can help your team in other ways. Choice Band Tyranitar is a great lure for a lot of physical walls such as Skarmory, Hippowdon and Tangrowth, given how much Crunch/Stone Edge is doing to them, especially in conjuction with hazards, ultimately making it easier for Lucario to sweep. CB Tyranitar is also useful against opposing stall/balance teams since it can outspeed and KO/Trap opposing Jellicent, and there's rarely a need to Pursuit as most people don't expect Crunch from a fast CB Tar and think that Jellicent can just outspeed and Will O Wisp it. Anyways the EVs listed below are for maximum bulk and the ability to outspeed Jellicent/Skarmory's standard sets. Additionally, I think you could make a small change to Gastrodon; I'd run Earthquake over Earth Power and a Sassy Nature so that you can counter SubCM Jirachi better and do more damage to specially defensive Heatran, the latter is obviously somewhat negligible but can come in handy at times, although Earthquake is much more optimal for countering SubCM Jirachi, which is one of the better qualities of Gastrodon.
Thanks for the rate.Cbtar sounds tempting because of it's raw power but I really like having both Gyro Ball and Volt Switch on Forretress.I'm not entirely sure about it but I guess I'll test CBtar and run SR over Volt Switch so Forry doesn't become complete set up bait.Earthquake over EP is a really good suggestion,I'll definitely try that.

Sup HBK
nice team bro. I agree with karpman about running Earthquake over Earth Power and Sassy over Calm. Earthquake is obviously the superior move for annoying Calm Minders such as Jirachi and Gastrodon really dosen't need speed for anything. Now I can also see the Banded Ttar Karpman mentioned being useful, but I also see that Gyro Ball and Volt Switch being important on Forretress. I ran banded Ttar once and I never used Stone Edge for anything. Even when I did it'd miss ofc (lol.) Your team also dosen't have any particularly hard hitters. So I suggest running the Banded Ttar Karpman mentioned but with Stealth Rock over Stone Edge. This will not only allow you to keep those important moves on Forre, it'll also alow you to bluff the standard mix attacking set and possibly net some surprise kills on pokes that think they can live anything a Ttar can dish out then they are met with a banded max attack STAB crunch.
Hope my suggestions helped GL with the team!
Thanks for the rate nigga! I've used CBtar before and I found Stone Edge really useful(especially because of the crit hit rate) and it was the move I always clicked on when I wasn't sure about what my opponent would switch to.More importantly,It also helps him 2HKO Skarmory.

A well build bulky offensive team, congrats on your success in the ladder and the tour! A small nitpick that will help you a lot vs CM Jirachi that carry Psychic and Tentacruel, which is hit harder by EQ is to change EP to EQ and use a Sassy nature. You don't even care about BU Toxicroak since Mew completely walls it.
Thanks! I'm definitely going to test that.

Hey there.

SD Gliscor is a major problem for this team. It can set up on your Forretress easily and deal massive damage to your team; Landorus is the only thing that can actually take it out, and if you predict wrong, that will just die to Ice Fang. Landorus can't even OHKO with HP Ice, so it isn't even a great check. You can easily fix this, however, by running Hidden Power Ice over Gyro Ball on Forretress. Also, move 84 EVs out of Defense into Special Attack, which will guarantee a 2HKO on Gliscor. You can just Volt Switch on Terrakion anyway, and play accordingly, so this isn't too big of a problem since you have both Mew and Scarf Landorus (Gastrodon can take a hit too if necessary).

However, if you feel like this still makes you too weak to Terrakion, you could always try Bullet Punch over Ice Punch on Lucario. Since Forretress can deal surprise damage to it now, it can weaken it enough to where Lucario can take it out with a boosted E-Speed. Bullet Punch provides some insurance against Terrakion, and can also let Lucario kill things like ScarfTar that would otherwise prevent its sweep.

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!
He might be able to set up easy but you're forgetting that most SD Gliscor don't run max speed so Luke can check it too,if it's weakened adequately.I'm going to test CB tar with SR on Forry over Volt Switch so I can't use HP Ice but I doubt I'll need it.If I still have SD Gliscor problems when I test these changes then I'll definitely give your suggestions a try.Thanks for the rate!

Keep 'em coming guys!

Hey HBK, great team and congrats on the peak.

This team looks really solid so I will basically just be nitpicking at some small weaknesses. First of all, sub + toxic gliscor seems to be a big problem, since most run a good amount of speed to outrun adamant luke, and can sub up on stuff like forry/ choiced landorus locked into anything but hp ice and cripple your team really badly. This is further emphasized by ttar's lack of ice beam and mew's failing to outspeed. I can't really think of any changes that don't drastically change your team but you probably have ways of working around it. Another big threat that other people have mentioned is terrakion, but then again every team is weak to terra and yours seems as well prepared as any to take it on. Lastly, I second the suggestion to run eq > earth power on gastrodon, since it completely counters cm jirachi who can otherwise beat gastro if it manages to boost up enough.

Solid team. Hope this was helpful :).

To fix the aforementioned problems in Reuniclus and Virizion, why not try Seismic Toss > Psychic on Mew and Hidden Power Flying > Hidden Power Ice on Landorus? Mew is one of the most solid Reuniclus counters, as thanks to its Psychic-typing it resists both Psychic/Psyshock and Focus Blast, while Taunt forces Reuniclus to attack, making it unable to Calm Mind or Recover while you can whittle it down with Seismic Toss and keep yourself in good shape with Recover. Unfortunately, this gives Mew a harder time taking on Virizion and Conkeldurr, and as such Hidden Power Flying seems like a good option on Landorus over Hidden Power Ice. STAB Hidden Power Flying is never expected but it's actually quite a good option as it KOes Virizion as well as Bulk Up Breloom. Even after two Calm Minds, Virizion is brought in Lucario's ExtremeSpeed KO range.

GL

HBK

I'd much rather deal with Conk using Mew as he has recovery and doesn't have Landorus' ability to sweep late game with his blazing speed and strong moves.Assuming I make the change in HP for Landorus he's still going to die to a HP ice even if it's +0.I'd much rather deal with Virizion by sacking Mew and Forry rather then letting Landorus die.Preferring to let two die rather than one might sound stupid but Forry's pretty useless apart from his spinning and hazard laying capabilities and I've lost count of how many games I've won with this team by saving Landorus till the end,even the ones featuring Virizion(it takes a crapload from EQ and a lot from U-turn as well).Plus I also like being able to OHKO other Landorus,Gliscor(after SR) and Dragons(rather than risk a Stone edge miss).Thanks for your input!

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey there HBK, if you want a Tyranitar bulky enough to take Special Attacks and yet powerful enough to counter Reuniclus, I would like to show you my custom Mixed Tyranitar. It is bulky enough to escape from a 2HKO by Specs Surf from Latios while 60 Atk EVs and a Brave nature, ensures it always 2HKOs Bold Reuniclus with Crunch. The 64 Sp.Atk EVs will allow Tyranitar to OHKO any Scizor or Forretress variant with Fire Blast, however if you think that is not necesary, you can move those EVs into Sp.Def. Definitely run a Sassy nature on Gastrodon and use Earthquake instead of Earth Power because without it, Gastrodon becomes set-up bait to annoying CM users like Jirachi.

You could also try Karpman´s suggestion of running Stealth Rock on Forretress instead of Gyro Ball / Volt Switch and use Ice Beam instead on Tyranitar to OHKO a Gliscor switch-in. Neverless that is completely optional for you. Choice Band Tyranitar sounds also as an excellent option to weaken physical walls like Hippowdon and remove pokemons like Slowbro & Jellicent, paving the way for a Lucario sweeep. Hope this rate helps and good job making this team. Below is my Tyranitar set.
Tyranitar (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 64 SAtk / 132 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock / Ice Beam

HBK

I've already begun testing CBtar and it's working pretty well.I'll test your Mixtar as well.Thanks for your advice!

Hello there ! Very very nice team, reading at your description I can really tell you spent a lot of time building it and that you have a lot of fun playing with it ^^ I was actually wondering if Jellicent was causing you any problems? But I guess Mew can handle him if he's not taunted :p or Maybe add Crunch over Ice Punch, since most Gliscor are faster than Lucario. I also agree with the Banded Ttar, it could really help your team to kill Reuniclus ! Good luck for the rest :)

HBK

Thanks and yes,I've really enjoyed playing with it.But it looks like you didn't read Tyranitar's descriptions properly :P he is tailormade to kill Jellicent as is evident from the use of Crunch and Pursuit on the same set with Lum berry.So Tyranitar is always able to kill it bar hax or any wrong predictions by me;I don't need to run Crunch on Lucario.

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nice team man,your main problem is heatran,u haven t a good switch on it and your Mew can t do anything..the only that can touch it is gastrodon,but u must hope that it haven t toxic.

HBK

Toxic doesn't really matter since Gastro has recovery and Tran doesn't.It's not like I have to get rid of him early in the game coz Lucario will slay him later anyway.

Kennen

dont you worry child
If gliscor is a problem you can switch Psychic for Ice Beam, and you can hit dragons so hard and delete gliscor.

HBK

Thanks badabing,I'll try that.I need psychic for conkeldurr Kennen.And thanks for the compliment Darkrai!

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Coulda sworn I said you only need 16 EVs to outspeed Adamant Breloom. The spread should be 252 HP/236 Def/16 Speed Bold.

I tried out this team and it was pretty good, just that you have a slight prob w rain stall when you don't get a chance to spin away toxic spikes. Also, run 40 speed on Mew like you did last time, since it helps you bypass the 244 speed benchmark which is extremely common in OU nowadays, for example Gliscors and Celebi etc.

HBK

Rain stall isn't a problem at all;the key is to target Tentacruel,cut off it's rain dish recovery by predicting when yor opponent is gonna switch him in and switching Tyranitar in and Crunch/Pursuiting it till it's dead.Once it's dead Forry can easily spin Tspikes and set up hazards that the opponent can't spin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)