Project SV ZU Teambuilding Competition

diegoyuhhi

our shared past and our lost future
is a Pre-Contributor
With the drops of Braviary and Dodrio, the ZU tier has become full of many different flying types, each one with a different niche.
Build a team featuring at least 2 flying types and post it in this thread with a brief description.
Deadline is Friday 8th at 10pm GMT+1.
Have fun!

DOUBLE SCARF BIRDSPAM VOLTTURN
:Shiftry: :Swanna: :Golem: :Sneasel-Hisui: :Magneton: :Articuno:
Built this yesterday lol, but it works here too. Wanted to build around Shiftry with Sub LO cuz I havent seen too much of it but its cool and has Wind Rider now. Scarf Swanna sounded cool cuz it has a pretty awesome movepool and its been pretty good. I threw on Golem with custap rocks since he gets rocks and chip reliably. Heasel is kinda broken and fits well due to this team's offensive nature. Even with swanna the team still seemed kinda weak to random fast stuff so I threw magneton on as a second scarfer. Cuno is there for a backbone and pivoting to help get in the strong frail offensive threats. Works pretty well and is fun to use.

Last edited:
:toucannon: :rotom-fan: :avalugg-hisui: :eelektross: :muk: :tauros-paldea-combat:
Specs Toucannon Balance
Is toucannon good? no. But is is funny? definitely. Since Braviary does its physical sets way better, i opted for a specs boomburst set. Most people dont even remember that toucannon has boom, so watch as their physical walls get blown up. Fantom is the mandatory 2nd flier, and benefits from toucannon wearing down special walls. It can also bring in toucannon with voltswitch. Avalugg serves as a physical wall and spinner to alleviate rocks pressure from the bootsless toucannon. Eelek provides special bulk and more pivoting, as well as knock.
Muk is the secondary special wall and provides knock and toxic, as well as haze to deter setup. Scarf pauros provides speed control and appreciates toucannon luring physical walls. Fun to use, for me at least, and works great overall.

Klawf Lead Offense
:Klawf: :Sableye: :Dodrio: :Oricorio: :Basculin-Blue-Striped: :Shaymin:
I was inspired to include :Klawf: Klawf on a team after seeing that it apparently fell to SU (SubZeroUsed) based on this month's tier shifts, so I wanted to see if it had some sort of niche. It probably has other uses, but at least for this team I decided on making it a Sash lead with Endeavor + Stealth Rock. Its Anger Shell speed boost has been pretty helpful in getting off a last second Endeavor, SR, or even boosted attack given the right circumstances (though priority is a big flaw for it).

:sableye: Sableye isn't the strongest special wall or anything, but I've found it to be pretty decent in most circumstances, with its main benefit coming in gutting most set-up and Physical Attackers with Encore + Will-O, especially :Sneasel-Hisui: Hisuian Sneasel who doesn't have many checks in the tier otherwise. Tera Steel is for Fairy + Flying Type moves. Night Shade is for reliable damage, but Knock Off and Foul Play are good options as well ofc.

:Dodrio: Dodrio has been a pretty dang strong attacker with Choice Band making quickest use of those offensive talents, though the lack of HDB is admittedly a downside given how quickly it already chips itself down with Brave Bird + Double Edge Chip (excluding Low Kicks for Rocks + Steels and Quick Attacks to take out chipped Scarfers/Boosters).

:Oricorio: Oricorio reaches a great speed tier with Modest, being one point faster than Jolly Braviary :Braviary: (non scarfed), and being able to boost to be faster than most Scarfers after a Quiver Dance. Modest gives it a decent attacking boost too which I feel is really helpful in keeping up the offense. Tera Ground is for Revelation Dances that can hit mons like Carbink for more damage. The immunity to Electric moves like Volt Swiches can be quite beneficial too.

:Basculin-Blue-Striped: Basculin makes a decent synergistic core on the team, with Dodrio taking out Grasses, Shaymin taking out Waters while Basculin takes out the rest. There was lacking speed control so Scarf felt like the best fit. It could easily go max speed with Adamant, but I wanted to see if the extra HP by going down to the Scarf Adamant Primeape speed tier would be beneficial. Results inconclusive, so probably best to just go with regular 252s lol.

:Shaymin: Shaymin is meant to be a physically defensive aspect of the team, being able to take hits where Sableye is unable to get off a Will-O, and with enough speed to be faster than mons like :Honchkrow: Honchkrow. Its a good stop gap against opposing Basculin and with Tera can take at least one hit from opposing Fliers such as Dodrio and at the very least chip them down - ideally into priority range for Dodrio or Basculin.

Hope you all enjoy what I had to offer! c:

Last edited:
BIG BIRD BOFFENSE
:Dodrio: :Braviary: :Rotom-fan: :Piloswine: :Hattrem: :Golduck:
This team takes advantage of the few of actual flying resists in the tier (Avalugg is bait) Kafkafoon helped build​
:Dodrio: Dodrio is a wall breaker with actually no switch (if you get Low Kick reads) and also provides priority
:Braviary: Braviary is a cleaner with no switch ins (healthy meta) who benefits a lot from Dodrio breaking and generating momentum
:Rotom-Fan: Real agents use 3 birds
:Piloswine: Piloswine is the electric immunity and stealth rocker, and also is a defensive core all by himself
:Hattrem: Piloswine's daughter, they go everywhere together, she likes to bounce back hazards to keep the birds safe, she also healing wishes to bring back a Bird or her dad
:Golduck: Even though Rotom is a Bird, we needed an extra beak, so we added Golduck as a special wall breaker who helps pressure rocks, and flip turns on special walls so the birds can bird

Bird Up​

DOUBLE FLY TOURNER DANS LE VIDE
OricorioHonchkrowBasculinPerrserkerKomalaMedicham

After a short pause, i'm back to play this tier & I have a new team for y'all.

For this week, I decided to use
Oricorio
&
Honchkrow
as my flying combo, one is pretty bulky & can beat the majority of QDers of the tier, the other one is a great revenge killer & finisher with moxie & sucker punch.

Oricorio
is a very safe place in this metagame with its ability to copy every dance moves, a good typing with QD himself he act like a ditto & can slow set up anyone who dares to dance in front of him. Classic spread to outspeed ada honchkrow & i added air slash here to have more coverage + flinch chances. Fiery Flamencos tier

Honchkrow
as the 2nd bird, i chose it over dodrio because he's cooler with a bigger BB, can pivot over its walls like avalugg, don't need a set up turn to be a threat & a priority for male with big balls.

Basculin
I wanted to test scarf bascu for more speed control, so I decided to orient my team as a BO. That's a basic set with a last not really important imo, double edge/head smash are the main options over facade, depends what you need.

Perrserker
Like I want an offense, we prefer him rather than orth cause he's more offensive, with good coverage, pivoting to keep the momentum & good flying resi.

Komala
Our special wall, still a pivot to keep a hellish momentum, statut absorber + spinner & max spdef to take as many shots as possible.

Medicham
I wanted a breaker to finish the big 6, don't understand how I never saw him before since I'm back, he's probably not as strong as we can see with all flying + ghosts like sableye & dusknoir but there is still no in except like sableye in the tier & i can bring him easily with all pivots in the team.

I think the team can be frail on special side with only komala as a wall, but it's an offensive playstyle & with all momentum/pressure, I'm sure it's enough to win before the opponents.

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
quick! before diego says no
:dodrio::muk::orthworm::whiscash::farigiraf::oricorio:

someone teach me how to build balance without orthworm + cash or something that isnt just boring, cookie cutter HO
:dodrio:
wanted aoa dodrio over SD just bc i hadnt used quick attack yet and it's already such a strong breaker
:dodrio::muk:
muk is one of my favorite mons from one of my favorite types and it just does so well into the tier atm. very customizable spreads and sets, but i opted with spdef with toxic to help wear down something like sableye and to eat some hits from opposing oricorio. sticky hold is a great ability atm and knock is too, and then just zen for opposing muk
:dodrio::muk::orthworm:
worm
:dodrio::muk::orthworm::whiscash:
the cash
:dodrio::muk::orthworm::whiscash::farigiraf:
just a great and strong special attacker, bolstered further with np and TR to reverse sweep. i opted for this set over something like double dance just because my defensive core is quite slow
:dodrio::muk::orthworm::whiscash::farigiraf::oricorio:
ended on bulky ori obviously because i needed a secondary flying-type but also because it's BUSTED! and tera dark helps against the sableye matchup, which in turn frees up the rest of the team so nicely

diegoyuhhi

is a Pre-Contributor
It's now time to vote!

Team 1: :Shiftry: :Swanna: :Golem: :Sneasel-Hisui: :Magneton: :Articuno: Double Scarf + Heasel BO by TomatoZause

Team 2: :toucannon: :rotom-fan: :avalugg-hisui: :eelektross: :muk: :tauros-paldea-combat: Specs Touc + AV Eel Balance by sinnabyss

Team 3: :Klawf: :Sableye: :Dodrio: :Oricorio: :Basculin-Blue-Striped: :Shaymin: Lead Klawf + Band Dodrio Offense by Creeperman129

Team 4: :Dodrio: :Braviary: :Rotom-fan: :Piloswine: :Hattrem: :Golduck: Triple Choice + Triple Flying Offense by Joshua12343

Team 5: :oricorio: :honchkrow: :basculin-blue-striped: :perrserker: :komala: :medicham: Honchkrow + Band Medi BO by Lizardu''

Team 6: :dodrio: :muk: :orthworm: :whiscash: :farigiraf: :oricorio: OTR Farig + I will accept it this time even if late Balance by wooper

Vote for your three favourite teams!
Deadline to vote is Sunday 10th at 10pm GMT+1.

diegoyuhhi

is a Pre-Contributor
:sneasel-hisui: :sv/sneasel-hisui: :sneasel-hisui:
After the ban of the big birds, Sneasler's son is now ready to thrive even more than before in the ZU tier, with its access to Swords Dance and great stab options in Close Combat and Gunk Shot.
Build a team featuring Sneasel-Hisui and post it in this thread with a brief description.
Deadline is Friday 15th at 10pm GMT+1.
Have fun!

Achooi Hisui (aka Sneasel Hisui) Hazard Stack
:Sneasel-Hisui: :Orthworm: :Dipplin: :Muk: :Komala: :Misdreavus:

I wanted to try making a somewhat more defensive team focused on pressuring offense mainly through hazards and with Hisuian Sneasel as a wall breaker or clean up depending on the situation. I went through a ton of revisions trying to get something that I felt satisfied with, and even then I don't think the team is perfect. Still, put effort into it so might as well show it off lol

:Sneasel-Hisui: Requisite for the competition. Self explanatory in that regard lol.

:Orthworm: The main hazard stacker, usually able to get up at least a Stealth Rock or Spike, though with pivoting they can accomplish a lot more over time. I was having issues with Oricorio-Sensu in previous teams so I chucked Rock Slide on there with Tera Rock to try to mitigate that just a bit.

:Dipplin: Defensive wall goes brrr. Being the physical wall of the team helps towards Poison chip alongside reliable Dragon Tails to switch other mons into hazards to rack up the damage.

:Muk: Specially Defensive wall goes brrr. Toxic Spikes can do serious damage if the Poison(s) on the other team are taken out, or just if they don't have any at all. Even then, I have Poison Touch to at least have a chance of racking up some damage on the target that way. Protect is for chipping others down while also recovering with Leftovers and Knock Off is mainly to get rid off Boots and other items reliably.

:Komala: I really didn't like Hisuian Avalugg as a Rapid Spinner so went with Komala who can provide strong attacks with a band.

:Misdreavus: It was hard to find a mon to round out the team for me personally. Honestly switching Hisuian Sneasel for another special attacker like a Choice Scarf Psychic or something may have been better lol. Anyways, I landed on Misdreavus to block Rapid Spin while also being relatively fast and bulky enough to take chipped mons out or stall for more Poison turns.

Again, don't think what I landed on is the best tbh, but I wanted to keep trying things out for the tier lol.

Last edited:

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
try to build without orthworm challenge: FAILED!
:sneasel-hisui::orthworm::oricorio::lurantis::farigiraf::electrode:
:sneasel-hisui:
the required mon. sd + dual stab + trailblaze + tera grass for muscling past cash and pseudo-double dance. went this over a dark move + tera dark to blank sableye prankster attempts + psychic moves into a 4x weakness just because speed control SUCKS in this tier and i havent built w this set in particular yet
:sneasel-hisui::orthworm:
s-rank mon in my eyes. checks so much in the tier and serves as a secondary wincon with ironpress. i had a hard time fitting spikes + another mon with rocks + a spinner (our spinners are BAD minus hisuian lugg) so im just rocks.
:sneasel-hisui::orthworm::oricorio:
super strong mon in the tier and felt like a natural fit for the first two mons. resists fire and fighting for orthworm pre-tera, and is tera dark to handle sableye for heasel + worm. yet another wincon for the tier, and is standard otherwise.
:sneasel-hisui::orthworm::oricorio::lurantis:
our spinners are bad and our defoggers arent much better either, frankly. settled on lurantis for water and electric resist and for hazard control. can consider going knock > superpower just because the team doesnt have it elsewhere.
:sneasel-hisui::orthworm::oricorio::lurantis::farigiraf:
our speed control sucks, as mentioned above! opted for otr just because i was struggling to get going when running agil + stored power, and this allows for a bit more flexibility.
:sneasel-hisui::orthworm::oricorio::lurantis::farigiraf::electrode:
i wanted a naturally fast special attacker in my final slot so it's trode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)