Project SV ZU Team Bazaar

sleid

vagabond
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1696337953079.png

artwork by sinnabyss
Welcome to the SV ZU team dump thread! Usually team bazaar or dump thread's act as an alternative to sample teams because of the volatile nature of DLCs and tier shifts this generation. The criteria I'll be using is simple: if it's a good team and easy to pilot, it'll most likely be archived. However, I want to emphasize that meme teams or objectively bad teams will be rejected and I might delete posts that are especially bad.
  • Provide an import for your team(s)
  • Write a description of your team(s), preferably a short and concise explanation of how the team in question functions and its weaknesses (replays are highly encouraged)
    • Specify the type of team it is: offense, balance, semi-stall, stall, weather, etc
  • Must use sprites when showing a team rather than only having an import (for visual appeal and archive friendliness)
  • Just because this thread is relaxed does not mean meme teams or bad teams will be accepted. This thread is not a rate my team hub, use the ZU room on PS! or ZU's Discord for help

Last edited:

sleid

vagabond
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Sure! I'll make the first post! Gonna drop a couple teams that I've built for UMPL/Seasonal (click on sprites for paste).

Quilladin Hazard Stack - :quilladin::clefairy::frogadier::raboot::stonjourner::pupitar:
This team has not been used in tournament play. I was looking for options for hazard stack. Our best defensive spikers at the moment are between Quilladin and Vespiquen, but I know I wanted to use Clefairy as my special wall so Quilladin ended up being the choice. They cover each others weaknesses quit nicely with their incredible stats and support movepools. I then went for a pivot squad of Frogadier (who is too good not to use right now) and Raboot who can pressure switches from teams after hazards are up. Stonjourner is still as strong as ever and works great for speed control. Pupitar is my Electric immune/wincon to clean up games after the opposing team gets chipped down by hazards and U-Turn damage.

Boots Offense - :glimmet::frogadier::raboot::eelektrik::grumpig::ampharos:
I brought this team this past week in UMPL and won with it. Hazards are really solid right now and Glimmet being able to condense that role is super nice. Frogadier and Raboot were another choice for my pivot core, both working well off of each other to put pressure on their switch-ins. Eelektrik is a great momentum grab with its slow U-Turn and does well as a general wall for stuff like Stonjourner. Grumpig was my choice of speed control, helping with opposing Psychic-types and being faster than opposing Scarf Stonjourner. Ampharos is a nice pivot if you want to try to grab Static procs against U-Turn users like Lumineon, but acts better as a late game cleaner with its incredible Special Attack and access to Agility. This team really relies on you being able to pilot well by keeping momentum and figuring out your wincon early.

I hope some newcomers can use these teams to try and get an introduction to the tier. Feel free to put your own spin on them and have fun!

Last edited:

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sure! I'll make the first second post! Gonna drop a couple one teams that I've built for UMPL/Seasonal fun (click on sprites for paste).

Basic Boots Build
:Camerupt::Ampharos::Clefairy::Stonjourner::Frogadier::Banette:
I designed this team to be as resilient to entry hazards as possible, because I think most removal is lowkey bad and a momentum sink. It is pretty straight forward too, Camerupt is the VoltImmune and SR setter for the team. I'm absolutely in love with the offensive Heavy-Duty Boots Eruption set. Tera grass to flip the weaknesses and still resist Electric if needed. Ampharos is a strong and slow bulky pivot, that threatens the metagame with its strong moves and hard to challenge Volt Switch. I like tera Fairy + Dazzling Gleam or tera Dragon + Dragon Pulse, both of which could work here. I also used to run Dragon Tail last to force more chip damage on special walls that take hazard chip. Static punishes contact moves. Clefairy is my special sponge, that can take on bulky pokemon that rely on passive damage to chip pokemon down, while supporting our own hazard game with its Knock Off. Encore is broken in SV, and I like tera Steel for its superb defensive profile. Stonjourner is the only pokemon that takes damage from entry hazards on this team, but it acts as speed control and wallbreaker with its high BP moves and great coverage. Tera Steel boosts Heavy Slam, which complements Stone Edge very nicely. Tera Ground can also be used. Frogadier is a hard to answer wallbreaker that can set up entry hazards and U-turn out of unfavorable matchups, with Protean shenanigans potentially catching opposing pokemon off-guard and boosting its coverage moves to basically being STABs. It can also act as natural speed control versus slower builds. Banette is the last pokemon and offers a Rapid Spin immunity and priority to revengekill more easily. Again, Knock Off is amazing in conjunction with laying hazards. I opted for Will-O-Wisp as a last move to catch Stonjourner and other physical attacker that try to switch in thinking they are save. Tera Dark to flip weaknesses and boost Knock Off's damage.

I hope some newcomers can use these teams to try and get an introduction to the tier. Feel free to put your own spin on them and have fun!

plznostep

Flittle Fanatic
is a Community Contributor
Standard Vullaby Offense
:vullaby: :squawkabilly: :camerupt: :hakamo-o: :stonjourner: :lumineon:

This is a quite standard offensive team consisting of Vullaby, my Psychic answer who also checks Banette and more importantly gives my team Defog which helps keep Stonjourner and Hakamo-o healthy to check threats like Squawkabilly and Stonjourner. It also acts as a pivot alongside Lumineon on this team which can synergize well due to how Vullaby can lure in Pokemon like Stonjourner, which it can pivot on and bring in Lumineon to threaten Stonjourner out. Squawkabily is this teams form of speed control with a Choice Scarf, being able to throw out strong Normal-type attacks in this meta is quite nice and thus made it a good cleaner lategame. Camerupt is my answer to Electric-types like Dedenne and Ampharos while being a great offensive threat itself, as its Fire/Ground STAB is very hard to switch into, especially when it is invested in. It also carries Stealth Rocks for my team, allowing my Stonjourner to run Heat Crash to hit Tera Steel Levitate Pokemon like Eelektross and Bronzor. Hakamo-o is one of the tiers most threatening setup sweepers, boasting a great defensive typing allowing it to check Pokemon like Stonjourner and then setup on them with Swords Dance + Scale Shot, with Drain Punch for recovery and a good ability in Bulletproof to block moves like Focus Blast once it has Terastallized and Shadow Ball from Gastly. Stonjourner is a great blanket check to physical attackers in the tier like Squawkabilly, Persian, and Vigoroth while also being a phenomenal breaker, as basically nothing wants to take its moves, especially when boosted with a Choice Band. Lumineon is the main answer to Water-types on this team and can use them for momentum with U-turn. Encore also gives me a way to stop Curse Sliggoo-Hisui and other setup sweepers in the tier.

Gonna post this here as I think its a pretty easy team for new players to use and pilot.
:vullaby: :dunsparce: :lumineon: :grumpig: :monferno: :sliggoo-hisui:
Vullby + Sliggoo H + Dunsparce just sounded like a good defensive core to start off with and it likely covers most if not all of the meta to some capacity. Scarf Grumpig cause I wanted speed control and trick scarf as an easy way to disrupt any sort of cheese. Lumineon was added for more speed control and encore / uturn utility and momentum. Monferno is the breaker and I wanted some more knock on the team. Sorry if the explanation was rather poor, but I think all of these mons are pretty easy to use and self explainable. Sets are standard you can opt for uturn > toxic on Vullaby but I think that toxic utility is pretty nice.

E: Also toto beat monai with it in UMPL as I slept through the game :x

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
reviving this thread with a bunch of teams featuring rotom-fan! im pretty sure the general consensus among the entire community is that it is busted and that it will be banned, so it would be a shame to see these all just sit in my builder and collect dust. and if by some miracle it stays legal, or if you want to try and bang out reqs on the final day of the suspect test and need teams, then i hope folks will find these useful!

:dugtrio::swalot::rotom-fan::tinkatuff::noctowl::golduck:
sd tera fire duggy

:kricketune::dugtrio::swalot::rotom-fan::hakamo-o::misdreavus:
webs v1

:kricketune::dugtrio::swalot::rotom-fan::gabite::misdreavus:
webs v2

:gabite::tinkatuff::rotom-fan::camerupt::cacturne::golduck:
bulky sd gabite v1

:gabite::tinkatuff::rotom-fan::camerupt::cacturne::stonjourner:
bulky sd gabite v2

:quaxwell::swalot::rotom-fan::sandygast::raboot::indeedee-f:
quax + sandy

:indeedee-f::ampharos::sudowoodo::quaxwell::tinkatuff::rotom-fan:
specs indeedee

:cacturne::quaxwell::tinkatuff::camerupt::dedenne::rotom-fan:
quaxturne balance

everything below here has not been tested, so proceed with caution!

:indeedee-f::rotom-fan::quaxwell::tinkatuff::ampharos::krokorok:
twisted spoon indeedee

:golduck::tinkatuff::leafeon::camerupt::rotom-fan::stonjourner:
offensive pivot golduck

:chimecho::tinkatuff::gabite::rotom-fan::sawsbuck::dedenne:
chimecho balance + dedenne

:chimecho::tinkatuff::gabite::rotom-fan::sawsbuck::frogadier:
chimecho balance + scarf frog

:chimecho::tinkatuff::gabite::rotom-fan::sawsbuck::frogadier:
chimecho balance + boots frog

will probably make a post in the np thread detailing some of my favorite sets and cores that ive been using recently, so keep an eye out! thats all for now, ping me on discord or in the zu room if you have any questions about the teams or the sets!

Last edited:
this meta is about to get nuked so might as well put this here

:servine::camerupt::quaxwell::tinkatuff::indeedee-f::swalot:
a bulky offense team built around funny servine contrary shenanigans. camerupt helps beat a lot of what smacks servine around such as tinkatuff and swalot, quaxwell serves as removal + completes the fwg core, indeedee is a hard-hitting scarfer, and swalot is the defensive glue. some problem mons for this team include combusken and magmortar, so play carefully around those. from my limited testing (dead ladder lol) it seems v solid.

I decided to dip my toes into ZU when the new year started and immediately saw Vulpix and Scovillain were allowed...
:Vulpix: :Scovillain: :Leafeon: :Wartortle: :hattrem: :Slaking:
Pretty simple team based on the OU sun teams of old where you use eject button to get in your sun abusers with mbounce helping protect against hazards (even tho I still have scov boots which could definitely be changed). The main star of the team is definitely scov being able to find set up turns and theb proceed to 2HKO any swithin and OHKO almost anything with sun boosted Flamethrowers while giga drain keeps it healthy, and everyone else helps with having switchins to other stuff and sweeping at the same time. The main weakness I've found with this team is weirdly lead tinkatuff who kinda just ignores everything I can do because of knock and moldy twave/rocks (and weather ballin from Vulpix doesn't kill it just to lose heat rock)

https://pokepast.es/431fa56ad678b4c7
huge dump of teams I've built a lot out of boredom and laddered a lot out of boredom I think I'm top 4-5 on ladder or something but the meta has been pretty fun as nothing is too outright broken. I think bellossom and veluza could be looked at though. Teams closest to the top are most recent.

Some thoughts on a couple mons ig:
:samurott: I really love using this mon in older gens but I cannot make it work its very unimpressive to me, Mixed LO has been the most fun to me.
:ursaring: I dont see this thing a lot but I think BU Resttalk with Tera Fairy and Play Rough is pretty fire, just gotta get rid of Orthworm and other shit but it can clean up games handily.
:sliggoo: Has a pretty nice matchup into Pyroar and other random special attackers, idk if it just got Toxic but its pretty nice since not a lot of poisons are being ran.
:shiftry: Super cool both mixed and SD are nice at cleaning and breaking, Wind Rider is pretty cool allowing it to semi wall some birds like oricorio (running Hurricane) and Swanna.
:Wyrdeer: Really fun and it picks up free wins on ladder with the CM Agility I think its legit and not much of a matchup fish.
:Honchkrow: Tera Dark boots is not only a good breaker but a cleaner Tera Dark with sucker can snowball pretty quick.
:Pyroar: really good i think i like running Fire Blast Hyper Voice with Tera Ghost and boots a lot, speed tier is very good and Wisp + Taunt is great utility.
:Orthworm: Definitely a top glue mon in the tier, but it can be easy to chip so its very easy to overwhelm
:Naclstack: Love this guy Salt Cure is really good and Spdef is cool into a lot of mons, doesnt like hazards though
:Shaymin: I think this mon is a bit controversial at the beginning I was pretty underwhelmed by it, but then people started running Spex and its really easy for it to just completely overwhelm its checks and counters. SD Trailblaze is a pretty nice mixup as well.

Top 5 mons in the meta imo, in no order (keep in mind I ladder a lot so it might not be too accurate):
:Articuno:
:Orthworm:
:Basculin:
:Bellossom:
:Veluza:

HM: :Sneasel: :Pyroar: :Medicham:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)