Metagame SV UU Metagame Discussion - The Indigo Disk

Maybe try the dd set? Idk, I thought this would be a straight up gimmick, but it seems legit.
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Future Sight
- Earthquake
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 84 Def Iron Crown: 335-395 (104.3 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Tinkaton: 372-439 (99.4 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 291-343 (79.9 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 218-257 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Ground Latios Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Pecharunt: 361-429 (95 - 112.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
Weezing can't switch in due to future sight, which still hits hard.
4 SpA Life Orb Latios Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Weezing-Galar: 564-665 (168.8 - 199.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It's probably worse than other latios sets, but it doesn't seem bad. Kinda like how somebody used dd hydreigon in SS UU, with a special move.

I'm also a fan of just choice specs lati for just raw damage. It's not fancy but it works well. And it has flip turn if you think a bad match up is coming up

what are your thoughts on psychic terrain style teams in the current meta? iron boulder outspeeding basically every scarfer with booster energy helps psyspam a lot imo, but idk how exactly to fit Zen Headbutt or if it even runs ZHB in favor of Sub/EQ. curious for your opinions though

what are your thoughts on psychic terrain style teams in the current meta? iron boulder outspeeding basically every scarfer with booster energy helps psyspam a lot imo, but idk how exactly to fit Zen Headbutt or if it even runs ZHB in favor of Sub/EQ. curious for your opinions though
fishy asf... sometimes they can be good vs teams like cleaning house vs some teams... but sometimes they may eat shit because they just cant do much vs for ex. mold breaker drill breaking poltea sash or smth like skeledirge or ttar being annoying asf

iron boulder i feel lacks a lot of power... at +0 its weak as shit and even vs offense ur not going to be killing much as even at +2 without a boosting item you arent doing as much as you like.

ZHB, rock move, ground move is prob the way to go with SD... but ive seen a lot of mgeahorn but on psy spam i think you want setup

iron boulder i feel lacks a lot of power... at +0 its weak as shit and even vs offense ur not going to be killing much as even at +2 without a boosting item you arent doing as much as you like
What mons are you running into where you aren’t koing at +2? Especially vs offense. +2 rock+fighting coverage OHKOs most things, especially on offense. And Tera fighting actually lets it KO most things at +2. So just Mighty Cleave + CC is enough for most of the tier.

can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong because iron boulder is absolutely washed when i use it, this thing CANNOT KILL !!

here's the set I used with it

Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mighty Cleave
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

While I have done something with Iron Boulder, it feels really lackluster and has made me use Metagross instead.

Maybe I need to run Adamant? Tera Fighting? Idk its just Iron Boulder Hits like a wet noodle IMO

What are your guys thoughts on Iron Boulder rn?

can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong because iron boulder is absolutely washed when i use it, this thing CANNOT KILL !!

Jolly Nature
- Mighty Cleave
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

While I have done something with Iron Boulder, it feels really lackluster and has made me use Metagross instead.

Maybe I need to run Adamant? Tera Fighting? Idk its just Iron Boulder Hits like a wet noodle IMO

boulders already the fastest unboosted Mon in the tier so I usually forgo booster for a power boosting item like choice band since it actually can turn boulder into a decent nuke. Booster Boulder feels like it could be good on HO maybe though.
honestly boulder kinda let me down for the most part. It felt like it had decent potential but its just so frail. it feels like everytime it hits the field, either the opponent switches to something to tank its hits, or it misses out on the KO and dies. you could make it work, but theres so many mons that don't need all the support to do what it does or can do more with that support

Jolly Nature
- Mighty Cleave
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

people have been using expert belt or choice band, both with 4 attacks, normally cleave megahorn zen eq, and they're considered the strongest sets, with expert belt mighty cleave into megahorn can ko slowking and hydrapple, meaning there are almost no reliable switch ins, band is also a strong breaker as the tier doesn't really have great rock resists.

Jolly Nature
- Mighty Cleave
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Iron Boulder needs boosts; your best bet is sending him into a weakened wall and SD/sub on the switch. Without boosts boulder can't really do anything; even at +2 mighty cleave can barely OHKO hydrapple after stealth rocks. I guess if you want you can run band w/ Zen Headbutt and CC if you want the power.

What mons are you running into where you aren’t koing at +2? Especially vs offense. +2 rock+fighting coverage OHKOs most things, especially on offense. And Tera fighting actually lets it KO most things at +2. So just Mighty Cleave + CC is enough for most of the tier.
rotom-w, kommo-o, balloon tink, slowking for ex. dont die to +2 while rock/fighting is good iron boulder isnt as strong without a boosting item and just kinda doesnt hit as hard... its a good cleaner but not a good breaker into defense

for once i wanted to talk about a mon from the lower tier (RU Specifically) I Tried out necrozma on the ladder, It seemed pretty good, I definitely will be keeping it on my main team!

The set I used:

Oscura (Necrozma) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Stored Power
- Tera Blast / Heat Wave

Still trying to Figure out the Proper tera type / where to slot morning sun, but It seemed pretty legit and was the first mon to impress me in a good while

Pros:

Iron Defense takes advantage of this Phys meta, setting up on mons like Arcanine-Hisui, Excadrill, Iron Boulder, and Quaquaval
Calm Mind is your regular boosting Move, Hits crazy hard after only 1 Boost.
Stored Power is...stored power
Heat Wave is good to Hit mons that wall you like Lokix, Tera Blast can also do this while hitting Greninja, Latios, Tyranitar, etc

Cons:

Trick really roadblocks this entire set
greninja.
lokix.
I could've done better because I didn't slot morning sun so no recovery outside of lefties in a Knock filled meta is kinda bad for me.

so yeah, what are your guys thoughts on necrozma rn?

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Ghost / Electric / Fire
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock / Heavy Slam
- Taunt / Swords Dance / Volt Switch

COBALION! as usually people usually overlook it but it has good qualities of a defensive pokemon that not many have... in this tier it as it 4x resists bug, and rock 2x resists dark, grass, steel, dragon are the usual big ones... cobalion is a pretty darn good pokemon at sponging hits and taking on other pokemon

Lokix is a big "fuck you" in te tier and with helmet + its resistance and bulk it can easily wear it down for smth easy to pick it off or for hazards to do their job esp if you have smth like pickpocket tink in the back as you need smth to cover the fairies and psychic types.

compared to kommo-o who ogerpon i hear runs play rough for it now cobalion is neutral to it and compared to smth like scizor, metagross, and tinkaton can take it on for quite a while esp with knock off giving a nasty justified boost.

It is also able to beat both exca and mandibuzz in one slot which allows it to keep up hazards quite nicely and even vs exca helmet damage means that you can spam rocks in its face and it may die from helmet dmg esp if its a balloon set

Movesets are customizable but i like having cc, stone edge, rocks, and taunt / swords dance as this allows you to pose a threat to a lot of the tier while not being absurdly passive in the face of smth like def zapdos spamming roost, toxapex, tinkaton, or on a predicted switch.

This pokemon is able to perform well in a tier in face of such powercreep so i think it deserves a shoutout for everything it can do here (also pairs well with latios to stop ttar from mindlessly clicking knock off)

for once i wanted to talk about a mon from the lower tier (RU Specifically) I Tried out necrozma on the ladder, It seemed pretty good, I definitely will be keeping it on my main team!

The set I used:

Oscura (Necrozma) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Stored Power
- Tera Blast / Heat Wave

Still trying to Figure out the Proper tera type / where to slot morning sun, but It seemed pretty legit and was the first mon to impress me in a good while

Pros:

Iron Defense takes advantage of this Phys meta, setting up on mons like Arcanine-Hisui, Excadrill, Iron Boulder, and Quaquaval
Calm Mind is your regular boosting Move, Hits crazy hard after only 1 Boost.
Stored Power is...stored power
Heat Wave is good to Hit mons that wall you like Lokix, Tera Blast can also do this while hitting Greninja, Latios, Tyranitar, etc

Cons:

Trick really roadblocks this entire set
greninja.
lokix.
I could've done better because I didn't slot morning sun so no recovery outside of lefties in a Knock filled meta is kinda bad for me.

so yeah, what are your guys thoughts on necrozma rn?
double dance necrozma could very well be replaced with iron crown since it has an extra steel type for defensive utility and has better moves. i recommend the dragon dance set because base necrozma doesn't really have good special coverage moves and you get to outspeed gren and hit it for SE with X-scissor.

double dance necrozma could very well be replaced with iron crown since it has an extra steel type for defensive utility and has better moves. i recommend the dragon dance set because base necrozma doesn't really have good special coverage moves and you get to outspeed gren and hit it for SE with X-scissor.
I was also thinking about DD + Weakness Policy, I may use a set with Photon + EQ + X-scissor,

the set in mind:

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Dragon Dance

Maybe it could work, i'm gonna try it later or maybe tomorrow but I actually have high hopes for Necrozma rn

I was also thinking about DD + Weakness Policy, I may use a set with Photon + EQ + X-scissor,

the set in mind:

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Dragon Dance

Maybe it could work, i'm gonna try it later or maybe tomorrow but I actually have high hopes for Necrozma rn
I'd recommend using Adamant since there aren't any special moves here. Also, whats the 40 speed evs for?

thoughts on boulder qb? my thoughts:

Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 10.04.03 PM.png

in all seriousness outspeeding most relevant revenge killers while requiring multiple sources of non-specs/band priority was pretty egregious and i would have been surprised if it didnt get suspected.

alright now it's time for the pelipper suspect now that one of zapdos's checks just got nuked

thoughts on boulder qb? my thoughts:

View attachment 623950

in all seriousness outspeeding most relevant revenge killers while requiring multiple sources of non-specs/band priority was pretty egregious and i would have been surprised if it didnt get suspected.

alright now it's time for the pelipper suspect now that one of zapdos's checks just got nuked
On one hand, never found it to be too difficult when I faced it.
On the other hand, RIP BOZO!
But I am hoping for the pelipper suspect to happen soon, rain is painful to deal with. I think zapdos is the more problematic part of the rain problem, but if it means the rain will go away, then I'm happy (the suspect song has to be rain, rain, go away. That would be the perfect song).

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Honestly didn't feel like Boulder was that overwhelming and I liked the addition of a very strong revenge killer, but oh well. I'm just sad that Rain has to stick around for at least another couple of weeks, that playstyle is EGREGIOUS.

Me after rain stays but iron boulder leaves (I actually liked iron boulder it revenge killed greninja)

anyways though, PLEASE ban rain I HATE THIS PLAYSTYLE SO MUCH

I think the council thinks Pelipper with Rain is the problem because Politoed with Damp Rock was never broken
rain in general is hard to play against but pelipper is a far better rain setter, with a ground immunity, uturn, roost for longevity, knock off, and stab hurricane. politoed has none of those, making it far easier to kill. I think it's more productive to straight up ban pelipper instead of damp rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 9)