SV UU Metagame Discussion - Teal Mask Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader

I'll make one of these with an actual UU Pokemon later.​

Hey! Today marks an ENORMOUS tier shift for SV UU!

Roaring Moon moved from UUBL to OU
Rillaboom moved from UU to OU
Blissey moved from NU to OU

Amoonguss moved from OU to UU
Azumarill moved from OU to UU
Chandelure moved from OU to UU
Clodsire moved from OU to UU
Conkeldurr moved from OU to UU
Crawdaunt moved from OU to UU
Cresselia moved from OU to UU
Dipplin moved from OU to UU
Fezandipiti moved from OU to UU
Garchomp moved from OU to UU
Garganacl moved from OU to UU
Heatran moved from OU to UU
Infernape moved from OU to UU
Jirachi moved from OU to UU
Kommo-o moved from OU to UU
Mamoswine moved from OU to UU
Mandibuzz moved from OU to UU
Meowscarada moved from OU to UU
Milotic moved from OU to UU
Moltres moved from OU to UU
Munkidori moved from OU to UU
Ninetales moved from OU to UU
Ogerpon moved from OU to UU
Okidogi moved from OU to UU
Pelipper moved from OU to UU
Rotom-Wash moved from OU to UU
Sandy Shocks moved from OU to UU
Shiftry moved from OU to UU
Sinistcha moved from OU to UU
Torterra moved from OU to UU
Weezing-Galar moved from OU to UU

On top of a number of lower ranked Pokemon:

Ambipom moved from OU to RU
Mienshao moved from OU to RU
Sandslash-Alola moved from OU to RU
Vikavolt moved from OU to RU
Yanmega moved from OU to RU

Golem moved from OU to NU
Golem-Alola moved from OU to NU
Leavanny moved from OU to NU
Ludicolo moved from OU to NU
Politoed moved from OU to NU
Shaymin moved from OU to NU
Snorlax moved from OU to NU
Victreebel moved from OU to NU

Arbok moved from OU to PU
Ariados moved from OU to PU
Chimecho moved from OU to PU
Cramorant moved from OU to PU
Dusknoir moved from OU to PU
Furret moved from OU to PU
Illumise moved from OU to PU
Magcargo moved from OU to PU
Mightyena moved from OU to PU
Morpeko moved from OU to PU
Noctowl moved from OU to PU
Phione moved from OU to PU
Poliwrath moved from OU to PU
Probopass moved from OU to PU
Sandslash moved from OU to PU
Swanna moved from OU to PU
Trevenant moved from OU to PU
Volbeat moved from OU to PU
Weezing moved from OU to PU

This is absolutely going to shake up the tier a LOT. What are you looking most forward to?

As always, keep in mind the forum rules and keep the one liners to a minimum. I'll allow them for a little bit but after that we've gotta keep the thread clean. Happy posting!!

I am seeing a lot of bulky attackers and stallmons on that list and not a lot of super potent offensive threats to balance it out

This will be interesting :wo:

I saw Alomomola and Tornadus-T get decently close to making OU, so enjoy them while they last down here, because they seem to be doing well up there.
Garchomp might rise out pretty quickly too, as chomp barely dropped out of OU and is pretty good up there as well.

Enjoy these three while we still have them this month

Kommo-o and Garg about to tear this place apart though, those mons are probably too good, garg seems like its gonna be obnoxious on the builder at least and could be broken. Kommo-o isn't staying though, that shit needs to get out.

I welcome Clodsire, Shocks, Dogi, Heatran, and Munki with open arms.

Wonder what is gonna be banned first... still going to be super interesting these next few days while things settle

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am seeing a lot of bulky attackers and stallmons on that list and not a lot of super potent offensive threats to balance it out

This will be interesting :wo:
Garchomp, Azumarill, Moltres, Chandelure, Conkeldurr, Crawdaunt, Infernape, Mamoswine, Pelipper and the concept of Rain, Meowscarada, Ogerpon, Okidogi, Munkidori, Sandy Shocks, Torterra, Mienshao, Kommo-o

Sometimes I truly wonder what the fuck people are talking about on this website

is it really necessary to try iron hands once again?
As a devoted Iron Hands Stan, it's worth pointing out how different this meta will be than ones where Iron Hands was clearly overwhelming. Adding Amoomgus, Cress, and GWeezing (plus Moltres and Garg post-tera) to its list of defensive checks along with new grounds in Garchomp (for now at least), Mamo and the return of Sandy Shocks to keep it in check offensively means it shouldn't feast nearly as hard.

Please, give me a tier where I can use my chonky boi without having to run severe anti-meta shenanigans.

Tera Normal Boomburst Kommo-o in UU gonna be interesting.
But it can't be broken because it's hard countered by Soundproof ID/BP Kommo-o!

I'm gonna be running tera ice scarf infernape to act as a panic button. Ogerpon, scale shot chomp, the rash of torterra that will appear. It can even help vs jirachi and alolan ninetales while also being a nice clean up option.

Also tera normal facade conkeldurr looking like it's gonna destroy anything (if it can get on the field)

my thoughts about iron hands:
I believe that iron hands is worth unbanning, although its potential to break the metagame cannot be ruled out.
Firstly, with sandy shocks and garchomp dropping into the UU, it is obviously harder to sweep everything. While it is possible to beat these mons with coverage such as ice punch, it is clear that they suffer from 4-slot syndrome even more than before. Also more important things are knock off and toxic, making it very difficult for iron hands to set up in front of passive walls, given that there are already pokemon such as ursaluna whose destructive power is unusual but not banned due to being slow, iron hands should be given a chance.

Garchomp, Azumarill, Moltres, Chandelure, Conkeldurr, Crawdaunt, Infernape, Mamoswine, Pelipper and the concept of Rain, Meowscarada, Ogerpon, Okidogi, Munkidori, Sandy Shocks, Torterra, Mienshao, Kommo-o

Sometimes I truly wonder what the fuck people are talking about on this website
Most of those were the bulky offensive pokemon i mentioned but i somehow didn’t realize that they also count as potent offensive threats, I’m sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)