Project SV PU Teambuilding Competition

Bella

Lighterless
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi!
Thank you all so much for voting and lets pretend i didnt forgot to post this yesterday night lol.
and the winner for week one is Honch Paraspam Webs by rien with 6 votes! :honchkrow::spidops::tinkatuff::banette::skuntank::basculin-blue-striped:

Shoutout LettuceLeaf07 and TTK coming tied as the runner ups with 5 votes each, everyone made amazing teams!

For week 2, we will try something a bit more interesting this time.

Make a team with a Monotype core.
basically your "core" (or your most important 2-3 pokemon on your team) should all share a type together! Teams will be due this Friday, May 19th 11:59pm -4, and have fun building!

Flying Spam
:masquerain:-:rotom-fan:-:honchkrow:-:dartrix:-:tinkatuff:-:gabite:
:masquerain:
I opted for masq partially because of its access to the annoying move of quiver dance but mainly because the shiny looks really cool. Sash masq allows the frail mon to take at least one hit and to do some decent damage and under the right conditions destroy an entire team. I picked ice beam over hurricane or webs because gabite could be an issue for my team if it actually manages to connect a stone edge. I also prefer surf over hydro pump because I enjoy actually hitting the opposing pokemon. Tera fighting is for situations where you can sucessfully set up masq and dont wanna die to a sucker punch.

:rotom-fan:
My personal favorite mon in the tier and what I think is the best set of rotom, this set allows rotom to eat attacks from metagame spatk staples like doom, pyroar, and raichu and it can set up on mons like quax and perr which are both very popular in the meta. Tbolt over discharge/volt switch for extra damage and dark pulse for raichu, missy, and indeedee. Tera steel cuz lycanroc is a problem when running multiple flying types.

:honchkrow:
I really enjoy running this particular set of crow as I dont enjoy being locked into a move and with both super luck and scope lens you get 100 percent crit night slashes and 50 percent crit brave birds and sucker punches. This is helpful when you need to break through gogoat once it bulk ups a bunch of times or the occasional swalot. Tera dark is to boost sucker punch against mons like basculin and lycanroc which can survive a crit sucker from full health without tera dark(lycan is still a range tho).

:dartrix:
I like dartrix way more then the average pu player does, its the tiers best way of removing hazards and has some decent defensive bulk to it. its main job is to defog but it can also threaten big damage to mons like crab and liligant. Knock off can also be pretty helpful against missy, tink, and any other nfe mons in the tier. For a team comprised mostly of flying types rocks need to be off the field and its the best mon for the job.

:tinkatuff:
This is just the standardish version I grabbed from smogon, sets rocks, is annoying with both para and encore, and knocks off your items. It also happens to be the only mon to resist ice without tera on the tera. Most importantly it can take a hit from lycan and knock off its scarf which is pretty helpful.

:gabite:
I'm a big fan of offensive gabite, it has good defensive typing as well access to sd which allows it to be a problem on its own. I prefer iron head over stone edge because it allows it to hit tink, bread dog, glaceon, and tera fairy missy for some pretty good damage. Tera steel is to further boost iron heads damage output and to resist both fairies and ice type attacks.

Last edited:
:rabsca::indeedee-f::dachsbun::gabite::charizard::lumineon:

yes this is a psychic spam team as u might've been able to guess from the first two mons. although psychics may seem less than ideal considering how many good dark-types we have right now (and particularly how common skuntank+honchkrow teams seem to be atm), our good psychic-types are extremely good in general and in performing their roles. i was motivated to build this after my old otr (offensive trick room) rabsca team became outdated due to shifts (rip haunter).

:rabsca::indeedee-f: speaking of otr rabsca, it's still one of the most slept-on cleaners in the metagame and can one-shot a ton of stuff thanks to its expansive coverage and life orb. i opted for life orb due to its increased power output but not going with boots does come with the drawback of rocks and tspikes cutting away at your longevity, which is where scarf indeedee-f can help with healing wish (on top of preventing priority and boosting psyshock with psysurge and being an excellent scarfer in general).

:dachsbun: dachsbun provides a necessary dark resist and synergizes very well with indeedee-f in particular, as its natural special bulk makes it a reliable recipient of wishes.

:gabite: sd gabite is my rocker of choice here that can break through a ton of stuff while still providing defensive utility in a pinch.

:charizard: zard is probably my favorite fire-type in the tier rn, it's really strong and covers a lot of threats and immunity to ground is a huge boon for it over comparable fast fires. i've been huge on tera flying since Shaneghoul brought it against me once and completely destroyed me, the sheer power of hurricane more than makes up for the lack of defensive value.

:lumineon: physdef lumineon has been my favorite spread for it lately over the more common spdef, it's a great pivot and reliable switchin to stuff like basc, and can even situationally revenge wallbreakers like gabite and dugtrio. also encore is incredible in the current meta and i find it increasingly hard to justify not including at least one of lumineon/raichu/tinkatuff on my teams.

Bird up! (Squak + Honchkrow offense)

:Squawkabilly-Blue::Honchkrow::Hattrem::Perrserker::Dugtrio::Lilligant:
(I kinda wish I'd done a type other than flying now since someone beat me to it but oh well)

:Squawkabilly-Blue: This team started as an excuse for me to use squawkabilly since I haven't used it in a while and thats a crime since I love this stupid mon. You just click facade and brave bird and kill everything thats not a rock or steel type and its really fun. U-Turn lets you pivot out of things you can't break and quick attack gives you some surprisingly strong priority to kill stuff that outspeeds you, especially with tera normal. You better make sure you can kill whatever your facing though since it cannot take a hit to save its life, and you're probably just gonna kill yourself between brave bird recoil and flame orb but its at the very least gonna leave a serious dent in the opponents team.

:Honchkrow: Honchkrow completes the birdspam core, scarf honch is a very fun form of speed control which can both effectively revenge kill and potentially sweep with moxie once flying resists are out of the way. Sucker punch gives you a way to beat faster scarfers which is most of them and opposing priority, although being locked into sucker punch is very exploitable. Tera ground tera blast lets it break past rock and steel types if necessary. The shiny is mandatory, the team completely collapses otherwise.

:Hattrem: Well I have 2 flying types without boots so I need some way to keep rocks off. Hattrems presence on the team alone is usually enough to dissuade opponents from clicking stealth rock, but with tera fairy it matches up decently into most of them and can spread para with nuzzle. Healing wish is also pretty nice for momentum. It does fail to block tinkatuff though which is annoying (This team in general struggles with tinkatuff)

:Perrserker: Perrserker is my rocker of choice for the slow U-Turn because none of my mons can actually switch into anything lol. Standard stuff, even with no attack investment it still poses a decent offensive threat and gets Squawk honch and dugtrio in safely.

:Dugtrio: Dugtrio is my mandatory electric immunity and way to break through rock and steel types. Outspeeds almost every unboosted mon in the meta, and anything it can't outspeed it can sucker punch, and if it manages to get a swords dance up like what are they gonna do. Dugtrio being my electric immunity is pretty risky though since it crumples to any marginally strong attack.

:Lilligant: This thing has proven to be quite the controversial mon and yet somehow this is my first team with it. With honch and squak getting grass types out of the way tera electric lilligant is free to terrorize whats left of the team. Click sleep powder, click quiver dance and just sweep basically uncontested. This thing is kinda bullshit.

Last edited:
This is a team I created with low expectations, but then it won a room tour, so I tested it a bit more and here it is:

Glaceon Crab Balance: :glaceon: :crabominable: :quaxwell: :misdreavus: :vespiquen: :dachsbun:

The core here is an offensive core with the 2 ice types in the tier. In short, you set up hazards with Vespiquen (or pretend to and try anti-leading with missy) and pivot between your 4 defensive mons until you can get in either Glaceon or Crab, who do big damage.
:Glaceon: Glaceon is the star of the team by far. Scarf allows it to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame barring Electrode, hitting 376 speed and outspeeding Dugtrio. Tera Ground powers up Mud-Slap to 60bp and then adds STAB, basically giving Glaceon a non-stab Earth Power that always lowers your opponent's accuracy. You could opt for Tera Blast instead, but why would you do that when you can become a victim/master of RNG?

:Crabominable: Crab is your other offensive Ice mon, doing crab things. If you don't tera with Glaceon, tera electric crab turns the tides on its flying-type weakness and can possibly serve as a Honchkrow check. As you probably know, Crab does big damage with its coverage moves. I kinda just always run 0 speed to troll trick room opponents because I just keep copying my TR set, with the EVs and AV maximizing damage and survivability.

Those two make a nice offensive core, with Ice as an amazing offensive type just as always, being special and physical, and their coverage hitting potential switch-ins to a blizzard or Ice Hammer.

Now, onto the defense:
:quaxwell: Obligatory Spinner. You are running 2 ice-types and Vespiquen in a hazard-central tier, and it doesn't matter how hazard-resistant the rest of team is because you need removal. This team is also kinda weak to fire types, so Quaxwell was chosen over the other options to try to help with that.

:Misdreavus: Obligatory spinblocker. I chose this weird set to spam will-o-wisp against physical threats and cheese KOs on things like Skuntank with destiny bond. The NP Draining Kiss set never worked for me, and I wanted to be more defensive than, well, and offensive set. Last move slot is flexible but I went with pain split so I can pretend to recover damage.

:Vespiquen: At this point, I felt weak to special attackers and wanted something with a slow u-turn and some SpD. Vespiquen fulfills this role well while also providing Toxic and Hazards.

:Dachsbun: I originally used a SD+rocks Gabite, but I found that I had no switch-in to fire-types like Charizard and Houndoom. This is where SpD Dachsbun helps, as it can survive a 2HKO from Zard Hurricane and resists or is immune to everything else.
Hurricane calc: 252 SpA Charizard Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dachsbun: 133-157 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

It is a bit difficult to make this team work, given the ease of switching in an ice-type, but with a few predictions and some RNG, you can win.

Now some replays.
Winning against a high ladder meta-looking team and beating Basculin and Zard
Showcasing Destiny Bond + Tera Ground Mud Slap
Roomtour v. SpacialRendevous where I do good but kinda throw against Dugtrio
Original Roomtour win with Gabite, winning in Semis and Finals

Last edited:
Weather Report
(normal spam sun offence)
:Pyroar::Sawsbuck::squawkabilly::ampharos::Scovillain::dugtrio:
I picked normal (mostly because I wanted to use headbutt sawsbuck) and decided to turn it into a sun team focusing mainly on Sawsbuck and Scovillain.
:Pyroar:
Pyroar's job is to make holes in the enemy team for Sawsbuck or Scovillain to sweep late game, and punches decent holes into a lot of neutral hit takers. Beyond that it's an okay form of speed control, but it's really weak to paralysis and entry hazards.
:Sawsbuck:
Sawsbuck is definently the scariest pokemon on the team outside of sun, threatening a full sweep with swords dance and serene grace boosted headbutt. Protective pads helps it do better into gabite (especially after a swords dance boost) and keeps it safe from static para and the rare flame body user. Sawsbuck is best saved for the mid game as getting hit with status early can cripple it before it gets the chance to make any progress.
:Squawkabilly:
Squawkabilly does a lot of things for the team. It's a pivot with both intimidate and parting shot to get teammates in safely without risk of dying. Quick attack is great for reliable, strong priority in finishing off weakened sweepers. It also acts as a strong attacker for the team that doesn't rely on sun being up, though you will have to be aware of the recoil it'll be taking from using it's stabs.
:Ampharos:
Ampharos was my choice for the resident sun setter. Mono electric isn't a horrible defensive type, it's defensive stats are alright (for PU at least), it has a powerful pivot move in volt switch, and it can spread paralysis through discharge to help with a Sawsbuck sweep.
:Scovillain:
Scovillain is the other big threat of the team, a +2 growth boosted Scovillain in sun becoming one of the most dangerous mon in PU. It heavily relies on sun being up though, losing one of it's stab moves and the doubled speed out of sun, so sun being up is a priority when Scovillain is out.
:Dugtrio:
Dugtrio is mostly just here to reinforce what the team already has covered. It's reliable speed control to back up Pyroar if it gets hit with a para or killed. Earthquake can get rid of fire types for Scovillian and stone edge dents flying types for Sawsbuck. Sucker punch is a strong priority move and if it can set up a swords dance it becomes a very dangerous wallbreaker, with a focus sash to make up for dugtrio's frailty.

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Throwing my hat in the ring (ironically not using Hattrem)
Triple Dragon
:zweilous::gabite::flapple::swalot::pyroar::quaxwell:
In a tier with only two viable Fairy-types, and both of them not usually running Fairy-moves, you'd expect the few Dragon-types we do have to be pretty overwhelming. So why not combine three of them? Zweilous was my main thought going into building this team, as I really like its defensive typing and ability to set up with Nasty Plot and its access to Earth Power lets it beat both Tinkatuff and Perrserker. The spread outspeeds offensive Perrserker, lives a CC from defensive sets, and also avoids the 2HKO from opposing Gabite Dragon Claw. Speaking of Gabite, it functions as the Stealth Rock setter on this team. Dragon Tail helps phaze out set up sweepers like Calm Mind Misdreavus (if they aren't Tera Fairy), and Stone Edge helps hit more Flying-types, namely Charizard. Flapple works as another setup sweeper on the team, and honestly would probably prefer Substitute over Outrage to more reliably activate Liechi Berry (I prefer Ripen sets to Hustle sets, but feel free to change this set to CB if you really want to). It's the Pokemon I usually Tera for the strong Acrobatics, and Ground immunity. Swalot acts as one of the better Dachsbun counters in the tier. It also sets Toxic Spikes, putting a lot more pressure on the opponent and allowing the Dragons to more easily break through teams. Pyroar is the obligatory fast mon on the team, also a pretty common Tera target. The stallbreaker Taunt/Wisp set offers some extra much appreciated utility , preventing a lot of hazards and setup that could otherwise hurt the rest of the team. Quaxwell is kind of just a glue mon, being the primary check to physical Pokemon like Basculin and Gabite while also spinning away hazards.

Replays
vs opposing double dragon team
room tour finals

Bella

Lighterless
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
VOTING TIME!!!

Team 1: Flying Spam by Theblobfishman9 :masquerain::rotom-fan::honchkrow::dartrix::tinkatuff::gabite:

Team 2: Psychic Spam by rien :rabsca::indeedee-f::dachsbun::gabite::charizard::lumineon:

Team 3: Bird Up! by Morge :Squawkabilly-Blue::Honchkrow::Hattrem::Perrserker::Dugtrio::Lilligant:

Team 4: Glaceon Crab Balance by LettuceLeaf07 :glaceon: :crabominable: :quaxwell: :misdreavus: :vespiquen: :dachsbun:

Team 5: Normal sun by SpoiledBerries :Pyroar::Sawsbuck::squawkabilly::ampharos::Scovillain::dugtrio:

Team 6: Triple dragon by SergioRules :zweilous::gabite::flapple::swalot::pyroar::quaxwell:

To vote, please post with the three teams that you think should win. For example, if I thought that Team 735, Team 90 and Team 129 were the best, I would post this:

Team 735, Team 90, Team 129

Voting ends on Midnight the 21st -4!!!! Good luck!!

Bella

Lighterless
OUR FIRST EVER BACK TO BACK WINNER??? ALREADY???
Congrats to rien for winning 2 in a row with his Psychic Spam team! :rabsca::indeedee-f::dachsbun::gabite::charizard::lumineon:

Shoutout also to tied runner ups SergioRules and LettuceLeaf07, and everyones teams were awesome!

For week 3 to make sure rien doesn't win again cause he doesn't play this playstyle you will be making weather teams. That means make teams revolving around Sun, Snow, Sand, or Rain! or even a combination of many if you want to be extra creative!

As always, you will have until next friday to finish your teams, so try to finish by May 26th, 11:59pm -4 with your teams! Good luck and happy building!!!!

:life-orb::dugtrio:~:smooth-rock::hippopotas:~:heavy-duty-boots::sudowoodo:~:heavy-duty-boots::lumineon:~:heavy-duty-boots::gogoat:~:air-balloon::raichu:

Aim of the game with this team is to abuse free turns with a bunch of immunities and double encore, whittle things down with sand/hazards (HDB dominance lets sand do some work too) and finish off with dug/raichu.

:Dugtrio:/:Hippopotas: is the obvious start to a team trying to make sand happen, not much to say there. The tier generally struggles to take Sand Force boosted Dug even resisted, +2 Tera Ground is extremely difficult to deal with. Smooth Rock felt like the move to get extra mileage out of this waste of space mon cute hippo.

:Sudowoodo: fit in as an interesting spiker for the team, being able to sponge hits in sand and hit back harder.

:Lumineon: is an easy snap pick for sand giving it some Water immunity, Ice resist, pivoting and Encore allowing the team some leeway.

:Gogoat: was up next, I was tempted to go for QD or scarf Lilligant for this spot but the immunity won out for me and the BU setup allowed me to justify the next pick after this.

:Raichu: at first I was considering Houndoom as part of the immunity package but the need for HDB vs the speed + power of double Encore swayed me. Air Balloon for even more free turn shenanigans for Nasty Plot and short term Spikes immunity.

Enjoy :smooth-rock:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:golduck: :beartic: :electrode: :perrserker: :rotom-fan: :murkrow:

Rain or sun were gonna be a bit dull, mainly because its pretty straightforward and easy to pilot and this is no exception. It takes the basic concept of utilizing powerful Swift Swim sweepers in Golduck + Beartic, Perrserker for Stealth Rock and check to physical attackers as well as Tera Water to not automatically die to Basculin if rain is up, granted you still basically die to Band Wave Crash with some chip if it is, Choice Scarf Rotom-Fan for speed control and another abuser, and finally Electrode and Murkrow as the rain setters and support for the team.

Also was gonna get replays with this, but rain is pretty straightforward, plus why post replays when i can post a video instead!:

:beartic: :snover: :hattrem: :glaceon: :gabite: :lumineon:

It's just the snow

Hi! First time participating and, since they got arguably the worst weather out (sand) first and I didn't want to make sun or rain. I came up with the snow squad.

:beartic: + :snover:
Was the main core to build around, the pro about Beartic in snow is that it also gains a +1 defense which allows it to SD better on physical attackers. Jolly allows Beartric to outspeed +1 Masquerain which I think is valuable. Funnily enough, Snover does decently well against mons like Quaxwell, Adapt Basculin and can retaliate offensively as well.

:glaceon:
Was looking for an special attacker and even though I thought of Eiscue with Ice Face shenanigans I sticked with Specs Glaceon, boi this mon hits hard. Ice Body is nice for recovery and Specs Freeze-Dry + Blizzard can burst into even resistances like Perrserker. Sleep Talk hopefully catches Lilligant and Tera Blast Ground for Steels and Fires

:hattrem:
Used to basically bounce hazards, I don't think Hattrem is a good removal but it works well with Hail as it just needs to bounce once to prevent rocks or webs. Eject button synergizes with weather setter as you can bring this to sponge a hit to get Beartic or Glaceon safely, good support in nuzzle + hwish too.

:gabite:
Nice fire resist, also a switch into Steel-types like perr and tink, and Electrics like Raichu which are a problem for the team. Solid mon that covers Ice weaknesses and fits well.

:lumineon:
Last pick was a water resist and switch-in, which also provided setup opportunities with pivot in U-turn and Encore. Basculin and Golduck check and Soft check to Pyroar and Doom.

Beartic cleaning
No Glaceon switch-ins

Even though I was low ladder I got mildly high elo players so I could show off decent replays of the team performing.
Fun squad, Beartic and Glaceon are very satisfying to use and get a sweep or break with them. And Snover actually decent fsr. Hope u like it!

Nobody's posted sun yet, which is fortunate for me because it's the only weather I could make work. This team leads with either Rotom or Perrserker, who set sun or hazards respectively, and then pivot out into probably Scovillain. Fire/Grass (and ground) is a good offensive combo is only really walled by Charizard. That's where Golduck comes in. Cloud Nine works to effectively turn off sun early so you can better check Charizard. Skuntank and Lilligant are more late game threats designed to reset sun, sucker punch and die, and clean with Solar Beam.

:golduck: As mentioned previously, Golduck's Cloud Nine is here to make sure your grass-type sun abusers don't get obliterated by a Charizard. The specific set could use a little work, although the role Golduck performs is perfect for the team. A bulkier set could be ran to better counter Zard, as the speed isn't needed for that. I was originally Tera Grass and I can't remember why, but Tera Electric is here so you can still hit water types and resist Zard's Hurricane/Air Slash.

:Rotom-fan: I wanted to use a Rotom on this team to set sun. All it does is set sun, volt switch or die, and maybe come back in for an air slash or thunder wave. It's all Rotom needs to do to let in Lilligant or Scovillain.

:Lilligant: I was originally sleep powder + qd, but I kept getting paralyzed by random things so I went all in with Specs. Lilligant is mostly a nuclear cleaner with specs solar beam if Scovillain dies, with tera electric if you need it for the flying types and grass resists in the tier.

:Scovillain: This mon is the main sun abuser, with growth and nice coverage. I wanted to use Stomping tantrum over TB Ground so you can use Golduck or Lilligant's tera electric for Charizard, and because I know how deadly a mixed attacker can be.

:Perrserker: Perrserker is here mostly to fill some holes in the team. It has priority in Fake Out, SR, and slow U-Turn. Defensively, steel pairs well Scovillain's grass-fire, resisting the 3 types it is weak to. It's mostly here because I was looking for a tera type for Lilligant originally and I wanted to find a tera type that hit both Charizard and Perrserker super-effectively, couldn't find something, and then realized I could use the Zard-Perrserker pairing myself. Then I realized Scovillain served my needs for the team better than Zard, and here we are.

:Skuntank: Finally, I wanted another sun setter. I went with Skuntank here because I also really like Sucker Punch in this meta. If Rotom is supposed to set sun and die, then Skuntank is really here to set sun and die, as you usually only bring it out late game when you can't really switch into any of your sweepers. Despite that, max attack, toxic, sucker punch, and poison jab make Skuntank a formidable threat in its own, as those elements make it really tough to eliminate and likely to do some good damage on its way out. I also EV'd to outspeed max spe Perrserker because I could.

Also, here's a replay showing off the team if you wish to see it. It helps that I got all of my predictions right, but you really see the purposes of Golduck and Skuntank here.

Now that all weather types are accounted for time for a dual weather team. This team is a split between rain and sun to defeat your opponets with what ever weather condition works better against their team.

:pyroar:
I saw this set used on a different sun team while spectating some room tour matches and I liked it and it gave me an excuse to build with a mon I have mostly avoided since the start of PU. It can both set the sun for itself and zard but its sun boosted flamethrowers are no joke either.

:charizard:
Outside of liligant, zard is easily the second best sun abuser in the tier, both physical and special sets can abuse the sun with either solar powered flamethrowers or sun boosted flare blitzes. I opted for physical zard to pair with pyroar to cover my bases.

:golduck:
This is best the rain abuser in the tier by a mile, with swift swim and tera boosted surfs even resists fall to it in the rain. Life orb adds some extra power but it could easily run mystic water instead to avoid recoil damage.

:beartic:
The second best abuser of rain is beartic, with its access to ajet, icicle crash, earthquake/superpower this mon is a powerhouse when the rain is up.

:raichu:
One of the best rain setters in the tier and unlike electrode it can actually abuse the rain itself with np surf sets.

:rotom-fan:
My personal favorite mon in the tier has acess to both rain dance and sunny day so it can set up either sunny day or rain dance and then pivot out. A few other mons like ampharos or perrserker could be used here but what kind of blobfishman team doesnt have a rotom fan on it.
Replays ( More replays to come, preferably some showcasing the sun part)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-1870528523
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-1870525993
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-1870549029 ( I fought my team from last round in this one)

Last edited:
Rain:)https://pokepast.es/6d59944a4d7dd1e7
I built this a long time ago at the start of the gen and since then I've replaced some mons but its still amazing, I used it for game 1 of the open
:Golduck:
I love this mon, it completely sweeps, I have leftovers to avoid 2hko and since you OHKOing alot of the meta after a nasty plot the leftovers can allow you to go for a sweep later when you otherwise coulden't (also its so strong it doesn't need a boosting item) tera electric for decent typeing and allows you to hit bulky waters is also useful outside of rain as with a nasty plot it can still take a hit and KO back
:Basculin-Blue-Striped:
Can you tell I like speed control? this mon is in my opinion the second best abuser with scarf, and allows for a cleanup outside of rain double edge is bcuz no other moves stood out though if someone has a better move you should change it
:Electrode:
My personal favorite rain setter its very fast has taunt to block hazzards and is decently strong with thunder in the rain, it may not be able to hit grounds but I have many mons who can
:Glimmet:
The hazzard lead of choice, I needed rocks to break sashes and glimmet seemed the most consistent a spike can mean bask breaks quaxwell under rain
:Misdreavus:
this mon can para for a later speed with duck outside of rain however its main job is to block spin and potentially chip things into KO range (power gem is for normals that would otherwise wall this like pyroar)
:Foongus:
Definitely the strangest mon on the team but I really like having the eject button pivoting in my rain sweepers more easily and rain removeing its fire weakness really helps, spore can also help duck get a nasty plot

Didn't save many replays, won with it in open tho
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-1867839023

Last edited:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
well someone did a Hail (or ig Snow?) team already and has 3 of the same mons but too bad I'm still doing it too it was this or duggy+diglet sand

:snover:
Gotta have it on snow team for that sexy autosetting. Initially went with a bulkier EV spread to switch into attacks better, but added enough Atk to 3HKO Lilligant with Ice Shard. The set is prob p interchangeable tho.
:masquerain:
You know what would be funny? If Masquerain was able to get a defense boost alongside QD and Intimidate. Yup, Tera Ice, and now with Blizzard! Masquerain is my first snow abuser, given it is slightly tera-reliant, the set let me use one of its less common coverage moves. Air Slash was just stuck in the last slot for a more accurate attack and fishing for flinches, but with Masquerain's vast movepool there are ofc other options.
:beartic:
I'd say Beartic is pretty important on Hail, being the only Slush Rush user. Once you set an SD up Beartic can wreak havoc, not to say it always needs it. If your opp thinks they can sack some mons to stall out the Hail and stop Beartic, it can easily be withdrawn and brought out again later once Hail is back up. Slightly underwhelming Speed tho, so I went for Aqua Jet in the last slot just to be safe.
:frogadier:
This slot was originally Scarf Golduck, probably the better choice in general, but the Protean Blizzard was too hard to resist. Put Switcheroo in the last slot over Spikes/TSpikes when I got swept by a Tera Water Gogoat (big threat for the team btw).
:gabite::skuntank:
These last two slots were just common glue. Needed an SR setter and switchin for stuff that could come in against Snover like Raichu and especially Lycanroc, hence Gabite. With 3 mons so far without HDB, I was gonna want a way around at least TSpikes, hence Skuntank. And all the other stuff that makes these two so useful.

Earlier Team:
:snover::masquerain::crabominable::golduck::dugtrio::skuntank:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)