Project SV PU Teambuilding Competition

1709212362870.png1709212445595.png1709212457376.png1709212472608.png1709212488734.png1709212502279.png
credit to https://sprites.pmdcollab.org/#/ for images
My first submission for the PU Teambuilding Competition seems like a fun one - Mono Ice!

:abomasnow: - Functions as the main Snow setter, EV'd to outspeed up to max speed Modest :clawitzer:. Aurora Veil can be tricky to setup for this team but could also enable one of the following mons to get rolling.
:frosmoth: - One of the best Quiver Dance users in my opinion with access to Ice Scales, making it quite difficult to kill in Snow even before boosting. I opted for a Giga Drain set over the usual Tera Ground Tera Blast, though either works fine for me here.
:glastrier: - Unfortunately, not a single Ice type outside of Ubers learns Trick Room... but this mon is still incredibly reliable as a breaker regardless. I run enough speed to outrun non-invested base 65's.
:piloswine: - The teams rocks setter and second Snow setter. Thick Fat makes this the teams best switch into opposing :typhlosion:, although you'll struggle with these regardless without the veil set. I run enough speed to outrun non-invested base 60's here.
:rotom-frost: - Speed Control on a team like this often relies on something like Slush Rush :beartic:, though this is a great :choice scarf: mon to have at your disposal. I like to run Scarf Trick with Nasty Plot and STAB's to force progress into fatter teams.
:sandslash-alola: - Speaking of Slush Rush, this is our spinner and Knock Off user. EV'd to outrun Timid :mismagius: in Snow while hitting everything hard with EQ/Knock/Ice Spinner (Icicle Crash is a little risky in terms of accuracy here).

Never actually submitted here but I happened to make this last week so ig I'll show it off,
https://pokepast.es/001f7b0b9fac928a
:tauros: runs the ever reliable SF LifeOrb set inorder to act as a devastating breaker and cleaner in most games, with moves such as Fire blast to handle orthworm, do note this tauros is naive inorder to obtain a good role into orthworm while keeping its 350 speed benchmark.

Next up is my very own favorite set for a recent meta legend, :Snorlax: this set features curse aswell as rest chestoberry to give snorlax maximum opportunities to set up, for attacking moves I opted for body slam/heat crash although I believe double edge can still work.

Next is :dudunsparce:, this set is a little odd as it's a special variant not packing calm mind, instead the mon is intended to function as a rock setter
Running a moveset of Stealth rock/roost/boomburst/flamethrower
Boomburst still packs quite a punch into neutral targets and flamethrower threatens would be switch ins for the more common physical Stealth Rock set.

:Farigiraf: isn't my most creative set, as a physdef leaning nasty plot OTR set, it plays abt how you'd expect it to.

:Dodrio: occupying a much needed but heavily debated slot on this team, it is my speed control, running a choice scarf and dual stabs in Brave bird,Body slam or double edge if you like the risk reward of it, low kick for mons like regirock and orthworm and throat chop as a solid no recoil option to revenge ghost scarfers like hoopa,mismagius as well as catch them upon switch in.

Finally we have :arboliva: who runs a bulky leech seed set to make progress into just about anything

Full credits to https://sprites.pmdcollab.org/ for the images just like the entry above me

Attachments

Last edited:
BIRDS OF A FEATHER: https://pokepast.es/d1131189809ffd1c

1709439699405.png
I decided to make an all flying team because two of my favorite (and the best) mons in the tier are flying. I won a room tour with it. Which means it's a great team more than you think considering how bad I am at this game.

Starting with...

:scyther: - The blind swordsman - because Elden Ring > I've lose games from dual wingbeat misses. Regular set because it puts in work. Experimented with quick attack tera normal, but it's the best defogger so I kept it in the role ultimately.

:bombirdier: - BombVoyage - IT GETS STEALTH ROCK... and knock off. and uturn. wow much utility.

Enter other best mon...

:braviary-hisui: - NamelessKing because it feels like the hardest boss fight in the world when I have to face it. Agility because the team is slowwww and i've found tons of setup opportunities with tera fire and forced switches. You could run a boosting item if you want, but sheer force hdb hits plenty hard in my experience.

:cramorant: - Cramorant - because it's ability is broken and it resists or holds up to a few special attackers and no other mon I could find was doing as much. Tried defog but found endure more fun.

:rotom-fan: - VornadoSponsorMe - "/ds trick, flying type, pu: No Pokémon found." - Here's a way to punish setup. We were getting ransacked without it. Also I now love this mon because of my experience with this team.

:oricorio: - Moltres-Alola - enough speed to outrun base 80's - a few of which commonly run scarf, so are outrun after a qd. Tera ground because I HATE LANTURN thinking it can beat my team 1 v 6.

Bonus info:
Shinies are chosen specifically to trigger opponents. Guaranteed to have at least .0001% effect on the outcome of your battles.

Last edited:

sleid

vagabond
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
with 5 votes, competitiveZero has won this week with their epic Mono Normal team! Congratulations! Thank you to FlamingoPokeman and E4 Bruno Mars for submitting teams this week! It was definitely a fun one to see.

This coming week will be LEGENDARY, please build your teams around one of the six legendary Pokemon listed below. Teams will be due Sunday, March 24th @ 11:59 PM GMT -4. Have fun with it!
Glastrier
Hoopa (technically a Mythical, but I will count it as close enough)
Mesprit
Regirock
Uxie
Virizion
Wo-Chien

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 8.46.28 PM.png
11 Year Old's In-Game Team: SHHH! SECRET FIGHTING SPAM

https://pokepast.es/44256767bd817532

I'll be back tomorrow to edit in the write-up. But I've been messing with this on ladder and it isn't horrible and got me out of my usual team styles and staples.

:Uxie: - The odd-one-out because it was a choice for rocker between it, mesprit, and regirock, and the team's already weak enough to knock off.

The Team:

:Glastrier: - Substitute, SD, For avoiding status and capitalizing on switches. Enough speed for non invested base 50's. Stab and CloseCombat for our secret fighting spam.

:Hoopa: - Heavy-duty-boots because none of the legends have removal. Mixed drain punch because locking into psychic moves in this tier is rough. Going mixed allows us knock-off which is great utility. Unfortunately it makes us weaker on phys-def but we weren't taking any hits anyway... for that we'll need to lean on wo-chien and regirock.

:Wo-Chien: - Not much to say here. We need physical defense and we rely on the legendaries' great bst for special bulk. Mean look because I tried it on the team in testing and it can really work as a makeshift surprise counter for certain mons.

:Mesprit: - We need a scarfer. This is the only one of the bunch I'm comfortable using. We love trick because we lack phazing for dealing with setup like the demonic Alcremie. Healing wish because teams aren't built to handle TWO glastriers - or to heal up another mon/emergency momentum. You can use any psychic stab here, but I opted for psychic nosie for substitute abusers that were giving me trouble, like whimsicott. I had decent results with both mystical power and psychic as well. Especially the power of psychic helps against bulky physdef mons, but for that we have a bit of an ace up our sleeve...

:Virizion: SD Fighting move and Stone edge tera rock... but LEAF STORM with life orb and 0 spa adamant (-spa) nature turns into an ohko on palossand and sandaconda who otherwise annoyed me too much in laddering.

:Regirock: We need a rocker and we love the ironically helpful typing on this team. Body press is POWERFUL. Thunderwave because the team needs more speed control and lacks status.

***Shinies are chosen specifically to trigger opponents. Guaranteed to have at least .0001% effect on the outcome of your battles.***

Room Tour Finals Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-2103551222

Attachments

Last edited:
I finally have time to make a team again, so here's my submission:

Defensive Glastrier Volt-Turn:
:sv/Primeape: :sv/Glastrier: :sv/wo-chien: :sv/Jolteon: :sv/decidueye: :sv/lanturn:

After deciding I wanted to start with scarf Primeape (terrible rage fist user btw), I wanted to pick a legendary that would benefit from U-Turn. Enter Glastrier. I don't like the idea of using close combat on a bulky and slow Pokemon, so I decided to try a weird avalanche bodypress resttalk set. I think GameFreak should make more defensive ice types because This set puts in a lot of work. Glastrier doesn't usually go down in 2 hits, and it is usually capable of getting a KO with enough HP to click rest again. Tera ghost is to protect against fighting type attacks, which I figured were the most threatening to Glastrier.

After picking those two, I figured a Wo-Chien would fit here, since the Glastrier doesn't contradict a slower game pace. Jolteon was chosen because it looked cool and I liked the Fairy coverage it offers, and Decidueye was my guess for what a good defogger would be, with the ghost typing helping with my fighting weakness. I finally went with Lanturn, the other star of the team, for being a fire-type check. I chose Water absorb because Jolteon has Volt Absorb.

Replay | Best-Case Glastrier | Another Glastrier Clutch (ignore my playing)

sleid

vagabond
Busy week for me, but let's get into these sick teams! We have:

Secret Fighting Spam by E4 Bruno Mars :glastrier::hoopa::wo-chien::mesprit::virizion::regirock:
Defensive Glastrier Volt-Turn by LettuceLeaf07 :primeape::glastrier::wo-chien::jolteon::decidueye::lanturn:

Click on the sprites to see the teams and check out their posts above! Choose which one is your favorite below!! Deadline is Friday, April 5th!

sleid

vagabond
With 3 votes, E4 Bruno Mars wins this week of the teambuilding competition!! Thank for to all of those who participated in building and voting!

For this coming week, we will be centering teams around Cetitan :cetitan:, the coldest and baddest Pokemon around right now (no seriously it's being suspect tested right now)! Let's see what type of teams you all can come up with! Deadline is Wednesday, April 24th!!

Last edited:
TIDE TITANS
Team Cetitan_upscayl_4x_realesrgan-x4plus-anime(2).png

Replay Winning Suspect Tour #2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-2108606062

:Cetitan: - We start with my favorite set so far for Cetitan. Belly Drum, Tera Water. We need some support for the mon though. How about a mon that wrecks it's checks?

:Tauros-Paldea-Aqua: - Tauros (water) gives us a powerful water-type breaker that can wear down the would-be checks to Cetitan. Defensively, Tauros offers utility with intimidate and resists fire, rock, and steel (all of which are super effective vs cetitan). Now, who can support tauros and cetitan offensively, defensively, AND with pivoting utility to bring them in?

:Rotom-Heat: - I opted for a nasty plot pivot set to form a volt-turn core to make it easier to bring in our Titans. Overheat plus Nasty Plot nukes many resists of Tauros and Cetitans, and Pain Split helps with staying power. Ultimately this mon is super annoying for the opposition to deal with on this team.

:Golurk: - Rocks, Electric immunity, Normal immunity, Fighting immunity - CHECK - Also it destroys bronzong who is the only mon who can stop us.

:Tatsugiri: - Tatsu gives us rapid spin, which we love because obviously our two Titans (tauros, cetitan) can't afford to run boots. Also gives us a way to hit water checks on the special side.

:Staraptor: Speed control that doesn't rely ONLY on priority, a GHOST IMMUNITY and a powerful revenge killer, late game cleaner.

Ultimately this team feels very good to me. I'm notoriously pretty bad at this game, but was able to get into the 1300's on two accounts with this. No doubt a better pilot could use it even better.

Click picture or title for team. Also: https://pokepast.es/a215748dfc4cdb37

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I made this team quickly to try out cetitan on the ladder :
1713795559910.png

I think Cetitan is more efficient under snow, as it both helps him in setting up and not being easy to revenge kill.
The team was a bit of a meme at first but ended up working quite well on the ladder, helping me qualify for the PULT, and I wanted to post it somewhere as it's a lot of fun using it !

:cetitan: Is the main star or the team, I chose tera dark to avoid all the prankster mons, sucker punch / shadow sneak priorities and boosting knock off enough so it can be our main way of dealing damages when you are under the snow. Play rough helps dealing with things like thick fat hariyama or bulky dark types.

:abomasnow: Is mandatory in this team, with his capacity of launching the snow and set up an aurora veil. It doesn't matter if the aurora veil doesn't last long, as we only need 1 turn to set up with cetitan. The 3 other moves are quite difficult to switch into, and if the opponent has something that can like :bronzong:, usually it's a set up fodder for :cetitan:

:sandslash-alola: Is here for the support, I saw some hail teams using LO sandslash but I think it's just a worst :cetitan:, so I just use him for spinning and revenge killing stuffs (like opposing :cetitan: too). SD is here to put some pressure on the hazard setters so you are sure you will be able to remove them, and koff is here for the support. You can also run eq if you find yourself struggling to chose who to knock off with between :sandslash-alola: and :cetitan:.

:oricorio: is a beast ngl, this set is kinda broken, especially if you have the aurora veil for a few turns to help you set up. max hp is forced here because it's the only fire switch in, but it helps you to set up a bit more QDs than normally so you will end up still hitting hard.

:florges: For this mon I needed some speed control outside of the snow, and a way of dealing better with the many fighting types this tier has. Scarf florges is kinda cool actually, if you manage to weaken the opposing fire and steel types with :sandslash-alola: or :abomasnow: for example, you may end up cleaning with it, but usually it's a good mon to trick with, to annoy fire types and give more set up opportunities by forcing the opponent to choose a move.

:Pawmot: It's a cool mon too, sometimes does a lot of work in games as it doesn't really have switch ins (except the bulky ground types which are good to bring for our ice types). Tera ice can be used both to boost ice punch or to get the defense boost from the snow, and revival blessing is actually not that bad here. Usually this move isn't that good because it only brings a mon at half health, and it costs you a whole turn to do that, but the veil can help that half health mon to take some hits. On top of that, revival blessing brings back the mon without the tera type change, so if you face a fire type you can use tera steel oricorio to break and then bring it fire again to deal with the fire type in the end game.

I don't have a lot of replays to show but here are some with the team in action :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-2096217716-9b24xycc2aj66gx3nvovan2anl9lj6upw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9pu-2104467123?p2

PS : putting up hazards is a wasted turn you could use to set up cetitan :wo:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)